• 120 results
#1 Posted by JBElliott (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Who wins in a fight?

Captain Marvel with the wisdom of Solomon, strength of Hercules, stamina of Atlas, power of Zeus, courage of Achilles, and speed of Mercury, or Thor and his enchanted hammer Mjolnir?

The worlds mightiest mortal with powers from three and a half gods (Hercules (half human), Atlas, Zeus and Mecury) and two and a half humans (Solomon, Hercules (half god) and Achilles) vs. a Norse god and the son of Odin.

Who wins?

#2 Posted by GL Bertron (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel would win. He is a s strong as any super being, but with his Solomon's wisedom he would devise a way to defeat the Thunder God.

#3 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

The Mighty F%$#*in' Thor. No contest.

#4 Posted by G-Man (29491 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's Cap without a doubt. Thor's overrated. And he died. Don't remember Captain Marvel dying. And as JBElliot said, he's got the powers of multiple gods. Thor's a little momma's boy.

Staff
#5 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess I'm biased due to my hate of the Captain. I'll say undecided-especially because I'm a huge Thor fan.

#6 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#7 Posted by Owen_Porter (83317 posts) - - Show Bio

The're both lame, with any luck the'd kill each other.

#8 Posted by G-Man (29491 posts) - - Show Bio

I was never a HUGE Marvel fan but I'm really diggin' the Jeff Smith mini.

Staff
#9 Posted by Dr_Gee (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"The're both lame, with any luck the'd kill each other."

yeah both are really lame..but i got to say i enjoy captain marvel more than thor..so i'm going for captain marvel

#10 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Captain Marvel......

#11 Posted by JBElliott (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel wins. He's got powers from more gods and just as much warrior courage etc. as Thor.

It wouldn't be a push over, but if Hercules can give Thor a run for his money, the Hercules, Zeus and Atlas should be able to handle Thor. Add in the wisdom of Solomon and the courage of Achilles and Thor can't hold up, hammer or not.

#12 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course, you all are forgetting that they actually DID fight, and Thor won.

I always wonder why we throw out hypothetical battles that have already happened. Those ones are the easiest to gauge.

To help with the other ones:

Thor vs. Superman - Superman by KO

Thor vs. Wonder Man - Thor by lightning

Thor vs. Juggernaut - Thor by teleporation

Thor vs. Absorbing Man - Thor by teleportation

#13 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, but Thor v CM's result was fixed so that Marvel and DC would be 3-3 when it came to the reader voted battles. I think the big red cheese would win in a proper fight because he wouldn't have to change to Billy to avoid being pinned "even for a second" which were the conditions of victory in their fight. CM was robbed in that.

#14 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's built in...doesn't Captain Marvel have the strength of Hercules? Thor is stronger than Hercules. Because Hercules was a super strong mortal, who was granted "Hero" status at his death, and Thor was always a god.

Just to look at the mythology side of it.

#15 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, but Greco-Roman gods couldn't be killed, Nordic ones can. So Herc's demigod status doesn't necesarily make him weaker than the Odinson.

#16 Posted by JBElliott (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Ebony Bishop says:

"I think it's built in...doesn't Captain Marvel have the strength of Hercules? Thor is stronger than Hercules. Because Hercules was a super strong mortal, who was granted "Hero" status at his death, and Thor was always a god.Just to look at the mythology side of it."

That may be true, but Captain Marvel also has the "power" of Zeus (king of gods) and the "stamina" of Atlas, the god holding up the world. Those should put him over Thor's head when it comes to raw power.

#17 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

The power of Zeus? What's that, lightning and the ability to seduce women in non-human form? That's what I remember from my Greek myths 101. Guess what? Thor is the God of Thunder, and controls lightning, in all it's forms. And Atlas was a Titan, who were less powerful than the Gods.

I'm just sayin'.

#18 Posted by JBElliott (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Ebony Bishop says:

"The power of Zeus? What's that, lightning and the ability to seduce women in non-human form? That's what *I* remember from my Greek myths 101. Guess what? Thor is the God of Thunder, and controls lightning, in all it's forms. And Atlas was a Titan, who were less powerful than the Gods.I'm just sayin'."

Might be true, but Zeus is generally portrayed as the most powerful in the pantheon, and adding them up, it's more than Thor could handle.

#19 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

CM has equal strength with Thor class 100, they both have great fighting: Achilles Thor, CM is faster Mercury but Thor can toss Mjolnr fast enough, legendary stamina Atlas Thor, power of Zeus (obscure) Thor controls the storm, Thor is headstrong and an emotional fighter depending on his might to succeed Solomon's wisdom is greater than Batman's "infallible" contigency strategy which I'm sure most people would say could beat Thor.

Solomon gives a large advantage to CM and the unexplained power of Zeus could be a decideing factor. Also if no one else in the Marvel family is activated CM is hemmoraging power because they share a single power resevoire.

CM smashes Thor in a supersonic sky shattering Solomon wise melee
Post Edited:2007-03-21 00:49:35

#20 Posted by Csir (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor..

#21 Posted by Buckshot (18871 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"Solomon's wisdom is greater than Batman's "infallible" contigency strategy which I'm sure most people would say could beat Thor..."

Does everything have to come back to your dislike for Batman?

#22 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

can you say SHAZAM... cm wins

I see the battle being drawn, out, thor would give in to his anger emtions side and start swing and thowning his hammer, even calling lighting and storms, one to many lighthing hit cm and as thor throesm mijouir agian being 6 gods in one with the soul of a good mortal boy grabs mijouir swing it around throwing while yeah shazamx 6 and flying in front of hit, thor not knowing what to thinks sets to flying towards cm, only to have cm, move out the way and thor run smack into the mijouir...

but in the macth up they both turn to a weak old man and old boy trap under rumble, fair i say

#23 Posted by Icoop (310 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno, if Thor were really smart and made a portal with Mjolnir as Marvel was charging at him, he could teleport him into like, a black hole(but I'm not sure if Thor is really that smart)...and I think if he didn't use that it would be a rediculously drawn out battle lasting days or possibly weeks(years?eternity?) with Marvel eventually winning, if there were to be a winner.

#24 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Sling Shot says:
"Solomon's wisdom is greater than Batman's "infallible" contigency strategy which I'm sure most people would say could beat Thor..."

Does everything have to come back to your dislike for Batman?"

Naw.

#25 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Bats. Alot. I just think the Batman worship is a lil out of control. And i gotta say i've encountered most of it on other websites so I'm retiring my Bat fan sarcasm.

#26 Posted by Owen_Porter (83317 posts) - - Show Bio

Brad: "Sarah have you seen my clearesl

Sarah: "I needed it."

Sarah: " Here want some brown?"

Brad: "I cant use."

Sarah: "Look, its my best one yet, I got the cap, the hammer , even the special helmet."

Brad: "You used my zit cream, for another picture of Thor?"

Sarah: "Thors my hero."

Brad: "Thors a homo."

#27 Posted by GL Bertron (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha! And that's why he would lose.

#28 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Vincent D'Onofrio's finest performance as Thor, the tow truck guy.

#29 Posted by Pontius (346 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats $#@! cracks me up everytime, that movie was the $#@!

#30 Posted by Gyle (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor...

#31 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol why bring this thread back to life?

#32 Posted by ulitmateninjagaidenx (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

thor all the way, he already beat him, if they fight again thor would win again, cap marvel is a ok.

#33 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have said Thor - but didn't Captain Marvel recently get a major power upgrade? If he did then I'm not so sure.

#34 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

ulitmateninjagaidenx says:

"thor all the way, he already beat him, if they fight again thor would win again, cap marvel is a ok."

That Marvel vs. DC popularity contest shouldn't be in actual continuity, it had Wolverine beating Lobo and the Scarlet Spider beating Superboy for pete's sake.

#35 Posted by Gyle (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"ulitmateninjagaidenx says:
"thor all the way, he already beat him, if they fight again thor would win again, cap marvel is a ok."
That Marvel vs. DC popularity contest shouldn't be in actual continuity, it had Wolverine beating Lobo and the Scarlet Spider beating Superboy for pete's sake. "

Superboy vs Spider-Man and Lobo vs Wolverine was lame,at least I know the only reason why these 2 (Wolverine/Spiderman) won was because of the votes.At least that DC/Marvel crossover is better than Wizard Entertianment

#36 Posted by DRDOOMSDAY390 (1253 posts) - - Show Bio

((thor))

#37 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Gyle says:

"Satyrquaze says:
That Marvel vs. DC popularity contest shouldn't be in actual continuity, it had Wolverine beating Lobo and the Scarlet Spider beating Superboy for pete's sake. "
Superboy vs Spider-Man and Lobo vs Wolverine was lame,at least I know the only reason why these 2 (Wolverine/Spiderman) won was because of the votes.At least that DC/Marvel crossover is better than Wizard Entertianment "

Annnnnnd... Storm beating Wonder Woman(!) The only fight that made the remotest amount of sense was Bats fighting Cap.

So no, for continuity and logic's sake, Thor has never beaten Captain Marvel. Because if he had, we also have to accept all these other piece of crap fights which make zero sense.

#38 Posted by ulitmateninjagaidenx (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

im sorry but i still thank thor would win, lobo would of won, spider-man beat superboy good cuz i never care about superboy, cap sould have won, wonder woman lose to storm oh well too bad, i understand that you just want dc to win but they did not so im happy about that bye.

#39 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

ulitmateninjagaidenx says:

"im sorry but i still thank thor would win, lobo would of won, spider-man beat superboy good cuz i never care about superboy, cap sould have won, wonder woman lose to storm oh well too bad, i understand that you just want dc to win but they did not so im happy about that bye. "

Nah, I just would be happy if the outcome of the fights made some sense.

#40 Posted by King Saturn (222855 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel wins here. Captain Marvel aka Billy Baston is Lord Marvel, the keeper of all magic now. Now granted Thor with his Thorforce is very powerful. But Lord Marvel should be able to defeat Thor.

#41 Posted by JBElliott (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, thanks for playing. Captain Marvel has strength of Hercules, the stamina of Atlas, the power of Zeus, he Courage of Achilles (which makes him nigh invulnerable) and the speed of Mercury (not to mention the wisdom of Solomon). That's more than enough power to overwhelm the thunder god. Hercules himself gives Thor a good fight. Cap is Hercules plus all the others. It wouldn't be much of contest really.

#42 Posted by captain thunder (5 posts) - - Show Bio

that's right in that chessy dc vs marvel rip off cap turned back to billy to avoid being pinned temporarly underneath the ferris wheel and losing in a real battle marvel who is pure and worthy would grap thors hammer a way in battle and the power would pass to him creating captain thunder i like that.

#43 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Gyle says:

"Satyrquaze says:
"Gyle says:
"Satyrquaze says:
Superboy vs Spider-Man and Lobo vs Wolverine was lame,at least I know the only reason why these 2 (Wolverine/Spiderman) won was because of the votes.At least that DC/Marvel crossover is better than Wizard Entertianment "
Annnnnnd... Storm beating Wonder Woman(!) The only fight that made the remotest amount of sense was Bats fighting Cap. So no, for continuity and logic's sake, Thor has never beaten Captain Marvel. Because if he had, we also have to accept all these other piece of crap fights which make zero sense. "
If you read carefully then you would of noticed that I did not say anything of Captian Marvel beating Thor.The only DC vs Marvel crossover I said was lame was Superboy vs Spiderman and Lobo vs Wolverine-I did not mention anything of Captian Marvel vs Thor or any other DC/Marvel crossover. But I'm glad you mentioned something about Wonder Woman vs Storm.Gosh I don't know why I did not bring this one,in the comics I've read of Wonder Woman I've seen her being hit by lightning many times,melted by lava and so many more but she was still standing.But she lost to Storm from one bolt of lightning,very weird or rather odd."

It's cool, I wasn't arguing with you, more like "singing to the choir" I guess. We're on the same page.

#44 Posted by Gyle (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"Gyle says:
"Satyrquaze says:
Annnnnnd... Storm beating Wonder Woman(!) The only fight that made the remotest amount of sense was Bats fighting Cap. So no, for continuity and logic's sake, Thor has never beaten Captain Marvel. Because if he had, we also have to accept all these other piece of crap fights which make zero sense. "

If you read carefully then you would of noticed that I did not

say anything of Captian Marvel beating Thor.The only DC vs Marvel crossover I said was lame was Superboy vs Spiderman and

Lobo vs Wolverine-I did not mention anything of Captian Marvel

vs Thor or any other DC/Marvel crossover.

But I'm glad you mentioned something about Wonder Woman vs Storm.Gosh I don't know why I did not bring this one,in the comics I've read of Wonder Woman I've seen her being hit by lightning many times,melted by lava and so many more but she was still standing.But she lost to Storm from one bolt of lightning,very weird or rather odd.

#45 Posted by The Magnificent (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Gyle says:

"Satyrquaze says:
"Gyle says:
"Satyrquaze says:
If you read carefully then you would of noticed that I did not say anything of Captian Marvel beating Thor.The only DC vs Marvel crossover I said was lame was Superboy vs Spiderman and Lobo vs Wolverine-I did not mention anything of Captian Marvel vs Thor or any other DC/Marvel crossover. But I'm glad you mentioned something about Wonder Woman vs Storm.Gosh I don't know why I did not bring this one,in the comics I've read of Wonder Woman I've seen her being hit by lightning many times,melted by lava and so many more but she was still standing.But she lost to Storm from one bolt of lightning,very weird or rather odd."

Your right,it is weird.But I'm glad that I'm not the only one who noticed that "there is a little something wrong with the Wizard Entertianment department".I can understand Gyle your frustation,look at Wizard Entertianment presents Batman vs Spider-man were Batman takes out Spiderman with a "nerve-punch".

And let's not forget,he won that battle without a scratch.ODD

#46 Posted by Gyle (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"Gyle says:
"Satyrquaze says:
"Gyle says:
"Satyrquaze says:
It's cool, I wasn't arguing with you, more like "singing to the choir" I guess. We're on the same page."

Good

#47 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio

captain marvel
he physically out  classes thor in strenght speed and durability

#48 Edited by OhTru (1583 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot said:
"

Sling Shot says:

"
Billy has no wisdom

He's often portrayed as an idiot, naive kid. You will never see him in a top 10 list he's always leagues behind Wonder Woman and Superman. The only reason he shines in front of Supes is because of Superman's magic weakness

@King Saturn said:

" @Static Shock said:

" @King Saturn said:
" I thought Lord Marvel aka Billy Baston was depowered by Shazam the Wizard ?  "
When? "

JSA 25

"

yikes
#49 Edited by tensor (3525 posts) - - Show Bio

thor loses marvel kick his ass

#50 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio
@OhTru said:
" @Buckshot said:
"

Sling Shot says:

"
Billy has no wisdom  He's often portrayed as an idiot, naive kid. You will never see him in a top 10 list he's always leagues behind Wonder Woman and Superman. The only reason he shines in front of Supes is because of Superman's magic weakness "

Billy has the Wisdom of Solomon when he calls on it. 
A very clear example of this was when he came up with the idea to use Johnny Sorrow to overcome Despero in JLA / JSA: Virtue & Vice. 
Its a power he has.