#1 Edited by Mee09 (701 posts) - - Show Bio

[Captain Planet image deleted at request of copyright owner. Sorry!]

Captain Planet and:

The Planeteers VS:

Now before you type read this:

"CAPTAIN PLANET 101:

"(Only radiation that would be harmful to the planet or the elements would harm him but only if the radiation that he emits doesn't overpower the harmful radiation)"

"(His power comes from Gaea, Titan of all types of earthly materials, not just the ones on the planet itself. Earth is a element that can be found anywhere in the solar system, same with the other elements including heat generated from the sun)"

Hulk can't hit captain planet if he turns intangible by completely becoming an element such as heat/air molecules, ice/dust particles, or even pure energy. The fact that he can manipulate the elements even to a molecular level like that would also suggest that he is also manipulating the individual molecules themselves, at which point he would be able to manipulate the molecules of anything around him (mostly every substance [man made or not] on earth is made up of earthly and elemental substances, meaning they share the same molecular structure in which said structure can be manipulated, broken down and dispersed) including hulk himself. Taking the full extent of Captain Planets powers into context instead of just making a joke out of it (it was an 80s right wing TV show about recycling, give it a rest and focus on the character), he was comical but that doesn't forfeit him out of every fight. Taking into consideration what I've just stated, this portion of his power set would place him at the level of molecule man (and this is just 1/3 of his full power set, the source of his power is what makes him greater than Molecule Man).

Like I stated in quotes above "His power comes from Gaea........", Gaea is the God of the Earth, the first Titan, she has power over all things that have to do with the planets substances and properties. She is a cosmic being and she magically created Captain Planet as her herald to protect the planet, funny thing is he can completely manipulate the planets contents ans he sees fit. And to add to that he has the power greater than that of a Greek god backing him, a Titan, Gaea no less THE Titan of the Earth who's power is only rivaled by the combined might of most if not all the gods. She grants him power like how Shazam grants Captain Marvel power (just without having to say the name) only that Captain Planet's source of power is greater and more focused as to what his purpose is. Anyway, Captain Planet is a magical being (like Capt. Marvel), and he also has strength from Gaea as well (he draws power from the elements in the Earth and the earth itself, the earth generates gravity, he can manipulate that as well but he can draw power from it as well much like Hawkman's Claw of Horus but to a much greater effect since he has such massive magic backing him), he moves through the winds since he can become the wind, fast as lightning since he can turn into energy as well, even travel through light particles granting him light speed travel (add on the magic boost and he's way beyond that as well), he cannot be physically harmed (reasons stated above).

Using the power of "heart", Capt. Planet can influence the minds of Earth creatures including humans, animals, plant life, and micro organisms. This if taken into a wider scope than just calming people and animals down, he can tell them what to do in general. It is the basic form of telepathy through strong magic and through telepathic connection with the planet itself (geo-kinesis) since he is one with the planet (so magic use is not needed unless it is an other worldly matter) which makes him one with the Earths inhabitants physically and mentally. He can have complete control over a persons thoughts and/or actions through the use of "heart" (heart meaning mind, since you don't actually believe with all your "heart", the heart is just a blood pumping muscle and cannot process thought, but the mind can so the only other thing "heart" can mean in this case is mind. And if he can control the "heart", he can control the mind).

And......that's why no one short of Void/Sentry, Pre/Post-Retcon Molecule Man, PC Mordru, Nabu, Spectre, SHAZAM, PC Darkseid (non-jobbing), Wonder Woman (with all godly equipment and God Wave), Imperiex, 1/2 full Galactus, King Thor (with Odin Force), Classic Dr. Strange, Dark Phoenix and other matter manipulating god types should really be able to face a fully realized herald of Gaea with full support from her. Without Gaea, he is still at least high matter manipulating herald status above Superman, Silver Surfer, Thor, Sentry, Wonder Woman, Juggernaut,.....basically any of the JLA (barring the Spectre and Nabu), Avengers (barring Void or Classic Dr. Strange), X-men (barring Dark/White Phoenix), and Fantastic Four (barring Reed and/or Doom with undefined amounts of prep), along with others like them.

Hulk doesn't even make the low herald list, he's just a high level meta-human. After reading this post and taking the definition of Capt. Planet's powers and what the upper limits are into account and consideration, you will see that this isn't even a fight. This is basically Hulk (any version) vs Molecule Man, Ice Man, Pyro, Storm, Poison Ivy, Terra, Geo Force, Swamp Thing, Xavier, Graviton and Captain Marvel all rolled into one... Captain Planet..... Hulk gets stomped....

Go Planet..."

I got this info on Planet from a Hulk vs Captain Planet thread. So Captain Planet is no push-over.

and The Planeteers are kind of like Green Lantern's but a bit more "fragile".

So who wins?

#2 Edited by King Saturn (224290 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman for the win

Captain Planet has never faced someone like Superman before who is physically stronger than he is as well as faster than he is... technically Superman based on strength at least could swat Captain Planet all over the place... though Captain Planet does have other powers in his skill set... he is going to have to slug it out with The Man of Steel to some extent... I mean hitting Superman with water or fire or earth aint really gonna do nothing to Kal El... but let Superman strike CP... it will rock him hard.

#3 Posted by Mee09 (701 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: Yeah but Captain Planet's power comes from a cosmic being. I still am not sure who wins this but this would be a decent fight. Captain Planet's elemental attacks are also magic. A magic that is strong enough to hurt Supes.

#4 Edited by russellmania77 (15526 posts) - - Show Bio

superman yanks the mohawk right into a mr.burn's chemical plant and becomes the paneteer's new god

#5 Edited by King Saturn (224290 posts) - - Show Bio

@mee09 said:

@king_saturn: Yeah but Captain Planet's power comes from a cosmic being. I still am not sure who wins this but this would be a decent fight. Captain Planet's elemental attacks are also magic. A magic that is strong enough to hurt Supes.

I don't ever remember Captain Planet using Magical Elements... only Regular Elements. Hitting Superman with some Fire or Water will do as much damage as throwing a Grape at Thor.

#6 Edited by Wolfrazer (6913 posts) - - Show Bio

I still feel that Captain Planet, would make actually nice hero in comics(probably moreso Marvel). They could just have the Planeteers being SHIELD agents and from there, the agents are chosen by Gaea to wield the rings. This would also make the Planeteers better for combat situations and the like.

#7 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@mee09 said:

I don't ever remember Captain Planet using Magical Elements... only Regular Elements. Hitting Superman with some Fire or Water will do as much damage as throwing a Grape at Thor.

So you're sayin there's a chance...I read ya...:P

#8 Posted by papabearg4d (110 posts) - - Show Bio

going off topic but its good to see that there are still people out there who remembers captain planet. going on topic, I dont remember captain planet using any magic really so im going for superman for now.

#9 Edited by Lvenger (20269 posts) - - Show Bio

I still feel that Captain Planet, would make actually nice hero in comics(probably moreso Marvel). They could just have the Planeteers being SHIELD agents and from there, the agents are chosen by Gaea to wield the rings. This would also make the Planeteers better for combat situations and the like.

I agree with this. It's a shame this'll never happen since this is a nice use for Captain Planet and the Planeteers.

On topic, even New 52 Superman can take down Captain Planet with ease. Planet has never faced anyone who can hit hard enough that the force is felt at the centre of the Earth nor has he faced anyone who can blitz him like Superman can. He doesn't have any good speed feats to my recollection. Plus there's never been any confirmation that Planet is magically powered, just elementally powered. New 52 Superman can still win with a year's worth of feats in his belt.

#10 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12230 posts) - - Show Bio

-_-

#11 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4115 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap is getting underestimated here

@ancient_0f_days: Didn't you make a thread about a year ago examining and showcasing Cap's power

#12 Edited by Lvenger (20269 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

@ancient_0f_days: Didn't you make a thread about a year ago examining and showcasing Cap's power

Did he? I haven't found this blog of his. Need to have a look at it now.

EDIT: Here it is

#13 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4115 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: with this new format it's going to be hell to find it -__- I'm looking for it myself

#14 Posted by Lvenger (20269 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12230 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, im more than a little disappointed that I haven't been given any credit in the OP whatsoever, but none the less, I can't really stand by those statements anymore, no matter how logical they are, since he hasn't shown that he can manipulate the elements to the extent he "should" in the show or comics...technically he should be a cosmic threat, but as far as she right wing jolly ole magic school bus status quo goes ... he isn't that powerful, the show wasn't going to showcase his true potential since it wasn't about that, it was about recycling, and although I mentioned this in the blog, I can't say he can do what he hasn't shown he can do.

@lvenger: Here's a link... GOOOO PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 Edited by redbird3rdboywonder (4115 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by redbird3rdboywonder (4115 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by Lvenger (20269 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: Found it myself. Not too shabby but I agree with your current sentiments about Captain Planet's power level.

#19 Edited by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer said:

+1

Also the same concept as Captain Marvel during Flashpoint could work!

Or have them similar to Firestrom at the launch of DCnU, where they all have some power (the 4 elements + lightning), but combine into something much more powerful!

#20 Posted by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

@mee09 said:

I'm pretty sure Captain Planet is magical in nature. He's created by combining the power of five magical rings.

#21 Edited by King Saturn (224290 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@mee09 said:

I'm pretty sure Captain Planet is magical in nature. He's created by combining the power of five magical rings.

Even if the Rings are Magical that does not mean Captain Planet himself uses Magic... using the Elements of the Earth is not Magical... it just makes him a Elemental Force... and considering Captain Planet does not have much experience fighting Superman level foes... it may not matter that much anyways.

#22 Posted by BlackWind (6507 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Planet absolutelt has no chance here. He has no.experience fighting people anywhere near Superman's level, save Captain Pollution. Who he once fought two or three times. Also, Gaia is only the spirit of Earth, not a cosmic. If she was, Captain Planet's power wouldn't get weaker if he is away from the Earth, which they do.

#23 Edited by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari said:

@king_saturn said:

@mee09 said:

Even if the Rings are Magical that does not mean Captain Planet himself uses Magic... using the Elements of the Earth is not Magical... it just makes him a Elemental Force... and considering Captain Planet does not have much experience fighting Superman level foes... it may not matter that much anyways.

I think it's a little bit of a stretch to claim that an entity made from five magical rings is not really magical... Especially considering the fact that the Planeteers can use their rings without creating Captain Planet at all. Are you suggesting that when the Planeteers use their magical rings for elemental manipulation that it is magic but when they create Captain Planet he's not magical in nature and he doesn't use magic? Seems a little odd. But I agree, even if Captain Planet is magic and uses magic it doesn't necessarily mean he would beat Superman, however, it does give Captain Planet more a fighting chance.

#24 Posted by NeonGameWave (7794 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#25 Posted by King Saturn (224290 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@uberhikari said:

@king_saturn said:

@mee09 said:

I think it's a little bit of a stretch to claim that an entity made from five magical rings is not really magical... Especially considering the fact that the Planeteers can use their rings without creating Captain Planet at all. Are you suggesting that when the Planeteers use their magical rings for elemental manipulation that it is magic but when they create Captain Planet he's not magical in nature and he doesn't use magic? Seems a little odd. But I agree, even if Captain Planet is magic and uses magic it doesn't necessarily mean he would beat Superman, however, it does give Captain Planet more a fighting chance.

I don't think it is at all... just because something is created out of Magic does not mean it itself can use Magical Powers. I don't think the rings themselves are Magical in the sense that they individually use Magical Functions, because the rings only manipulate Elements that they are specified to. The rings don't Manipulate Matter or Freeze Time or Manipulate Magical Energy... they only affect or utilize the elements of the Earth. So technically, I would say that the Rings may have come out of a Magical Source but don't really use Magic themselves...

#26 Posted by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari said:

@king_saturn said:

@uberhikari said:

@king_saturn said:

@mee09 said:

I don't think it is at all... just because something is created out of Magic does not mean it itself can use Magical Powers. I don't think the rings themselves are Magical in the sense that they individually use Magical Functions, because the rings only manipulate Elements that they are specified to. The rings don't Manipulate Matter or Freeze Time or Manipulate Magical Energy... they only affect or utilize the elements of the Earth. So technically, I would say that the Rings may have come out of a Magical Source but don't really use Magic themselves...

Again, I think you're stretching. If the rings don't use magic then what is the source of their ability to manipulate the elements?

Moreover, the fact that the rings are confined to manipulating the elements has absolutely no bearing on whether or not they use magic to perform their function. There are no rules which say that if a magical object can only do 1 thing, then it doesn't use magic. So, you're conceding that the rings were created by magic but you're arguing that the powers they have aren't magical? Again, that seems odd.

Can you think of any object created by magic that is able to grant the user non-natural abilities but wouldn't be considered magical in it's effects? I can imagine a person performing a spell that conjures a normal gun; obviously we would say that the gun was created by magic but it doesn't use magic. But you're saying that if a person performs a spell that conjures a gun able to shoot bullets that only target organic matter the effects of the gun wouldn't be considered magical?

#27 Posted by King Saturn (224290 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@uberhikari said:

@king_saturn said:

@uberhikari said:

@king_saturn said:

@mee09 said:

Again, I think you're stretching. If the rings don't use magic then what is the source of their ability to manipulate the elements?

Moreover, the fact that the rings are confined to manipulating the elements has absolutely no bearing on whether or not they use magic to perform their function. There are no rules which say that if a magical object can only do 1 thing, then it doesn't use magic. So, you're conceding that the rings were created by magic but you're arguing that the powers they have aren't magical? Again, that seems odd.

Can you think of any object created by magic that is able to grant the user non-natural abilities but wouldn't be considered magical in it's effects? I can imagine a person performing a spell that conjures a normal gun; obviously we would say that the gun was created by magic but it doesn't use magic. But you're saying that if a person performs a spell that conjures a gun able to shoot bullets that only target organic matter the effects of the gun wouldn't be considered magical?

Actually, we are not certain of the source of the rings power outside of they came from Gaia. Now the Captain Planet wiki says that they are Magic Rings... so it's possible that they could be that. But Even If They Are... what does this prove that these rings or Captain Planet would be a threat by using Magic ? The magic rings that they have only manipulate elements... so it's not like Superman would be getting hit by pure magical energy anyways and even if he was... Superman has tanked attacks from Captain Marvel aka who we Know is magical in nature.

#28 Posted by TheIrishDoctor (465 posts) - - Show Bio

My one question is, if Captain Planet can manipulate and possibly generate any of the four elements, could he decide what type of earth he creates? And thus could he possibly create Kryptonite? That's not a win button, but it might give him a shot at this if he is able to do that. Also, Captain Planet definitely is a being of magic. That does NOT mean that the elements that he controls have magical properties. You can use magic to control the earth, but that doesn't make the earth that you are controlling now magical in nature. Unless CP can create Kryptonite and unless he is significantly stronger (physically) than what we have actually ever seen on the show (which may well be as he never really had a need to showcase this strength that I remember), I see Superman taking this easy.

#29 Posted by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

My one question is, if Captain Planet can manipulate and possibly generate any of the four elements, could he decide what type of earth he creates? And thus could he possibly create Kryptonite? That's not a win button, but it might give him a shot at this if he is able to do that. Also, Captain Planet definitely is a being of magic. That does NOT mean that the elements that he controls have magical properties. You can use magic to control the earth, but that doesn't make the earth that you are controlling now magical in nature. Unless CP can create Kryptonite and unless he is significantly stronger (physically) than what we have actually ever seen on the show (which may well be as he never really had a need to showcase this strength that I remember), I see Superman taking this easy.

Hmmmm... -_- Very good point.

#30 Posted by dondave (38007 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#31 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio