• 102 results
#1 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel--Black Adam--Captain Atom

VS

Thor--Hulk--Gladiator

No prep

Basic knowledge of each other

All feats allowed for both teams but this is regular Thor NOT RKT(thatd be a stomp)

Start 5 Miles away

Random encounter

#2 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap Atom will one-shot Hulk and Gladiator, since both of them have weakness to certain radiation.

Until Thor will use lightnings from start to turn Marvels into humans, he will be outnumbered fast. If he will use it - high chance for that - it will end in Atom vs. Thor. Atom is my fauvorite here, since to my knowledge he has matter manipulation. IDK if he could manipulate magic energy or not.

#3 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7996 posts) - - Show Bio

cap team wins

#4 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: its basic knowlwedge, not full extent knowledge. and even if thor knew to that lightning turns ba and cm back to human, does thor have the same type of magic lightning that turns them back?

#5 Edited by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Cap stomps.

#6 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: its basic knowlwedge, not full extent knowledge. and even if thor knew to that lightning turns ba and cm back to human, does thor have the same type of magic lightning that turns them back?

Considering posts from Cap Marvel fan on "Debunk feat" thread - all lightgnings can do it. I belive that Thor will use it, because it is his fauvorite attack after throwing Mjolnir.

#7 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

team 1 stomps hard

#8 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth said:

Considering posts from Cap Marvel fan on "Debunk feat" thread - all lightgnings can do it. I belive that Thor will use it, because it is his fauvorite attack after throwing Mjolnir.

according to a fan? thats not good enough. do you have scans of a comic saying that all, including regular lightning can turn him back to normal??

#9 Edited by pooty (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: "SUPPOSEDLY" it is shown on panel, in a comic, that lightning other then Shazam can cause the transformation. Personally, i think it was bad writing because regular lightning does NOT give CM his powers so i don't see how it can take it back. Captain Atom can sense the radiation in hulk or gladiator and can depower them. then it's 3 vs Thor. Team 1 wins

#10 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@inconvenient_truth: "SUPPOSEDLY" it is shown on panel, in a comic, that lightning other then Shazam can cause the transformation. Personally, i think it was bad writing because regular lightning does NOT give CM his powers so i don't see how it can take it back. Captain Atom can sense the radiation in hulk or gladiator and can depower them. then it's 3 vs Thor. Team 1 wins

haha supposedly, if someone could be awesome enough to post that scan thatd be really helpful(if it exists). also what you say makes sense. magic from shazaam gives him his power not random lightning, so i dont see why regular lightning would turn him back. PLUS, regular lightning is pretty slow compared to what people actually think it is. they think its going light speed, its not. i think it goes something like 2,000 mph which would mean that either character can out maneuver it. although none of that matters until we see a scan proving those claims that regular lightning can change cm and ba

#11 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

haha supposedly, if someone could be awesome enough to post that scan thatd be really helpful(if it exists). also what you say makes sense. magic from shazaam gives him his power not random lightning, so i dont see why regular lightning would turn him back. PLUS, regular lightning is pretty slow compared to what people actually think it is. they think its going light speed, its not. i think it goes something like 2,000 mph which would mean that either character can out maneuver it. although none of that matters until we see a scan proving those claims that regular lightning can change cm and ba

It was posted in thread I mentioned in my last post here.

#12 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: yes i know. did you not see the part where i said that it wasnt good enough?? we need a scan not word from another viner.

so all this still applies: haha supposedly, if someone could be awesome enough to post that scan thatd be really helpful(if it exists). also what you say makes sense. magic from shazaam gives him his power not random lightning, so i dont see why regular lightning would turn him back. PLUS, regular lightning is pretty slow compared to what people actually think it is. they think its going light speed, its not. i think it goes something like 2,000 mph which would mean that either character can out maneuver it. although none of that matters until we see a scan proving those claims that regular lightning can change cm and ba

#13 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: Lightning actually travels at around approx 100,000 to 200,000 mph. Still far slower than light but a good deal faster than 2000 mph.

#14 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Remove Captain Atom so that team two have a chance.

#15 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: Lightning actually travels at around approx 100,000 to 200,000 mph. Still far slower than light but a good deal faster than 2000 mph.

thanks, i knew there was a 2 followed by some 0's lol sorry i missed a zero and thats actually a huge difference but yes, thats still "slow" enough that they could evade it. Thanks for correcting my mistake. Anyway, them evading lightning is still plan B or C since we dont know for sure if any regular old lightning can turn them back

#16 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Without Atom, it would be a horrible stomp for Team 2... Hulk, Thor, Gladiator - all have better feats than them.

@czarny_samael666: yes i know. did you not see the part where i said that it wasnt good enough?? we need a scan not word from another viner.

so all this still applies: haha supposedly, if someone could be awesome enough to post that scan thatd be really helpful(if it exists). also what you say makes sense. magic from shazaam gives him his power not random lightning, so i dont see why regular lightning would turn him back. PLUS, regular lightning is pretty slow compared to what people actually think it is. they think its going light speed, its not. i think it goes something like 2,000 mph which would mean that either character can out maneuver it. although none of that matters until we see a scan proving those claims that regular lightning can change cm and ba

You don't get it - I have seen the scans on that thread. They were posted, I just didn't save them for my own.

#17 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

i think its fair right now. its basic knowledge. the team wont know the source of hulks power. CA might feel the radiation in him but he wont know that its what gives him his abilities.

#18 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_creator said:

thanks, i knew there was a 2 followed by some 0's lol sorry i missed a zero and thats actually a huge difference but yes, thats still "slow" enough that they could evade it. Thanks for correcting my mistake. Anyway, them evading lightning is still plan B or C since we dont know for sure if any regular old lightning can turn them back

Shazam and Black Adam have good speed feat? I don't think neither of them are fast enough to evade lightning.

Regular lightning could turn post-crisis Captain Marvel back to Billy, I'm not sure about New 52.

#19 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks said:

Without Atom, it would be a horrible stomp for Team 2... Hulk, Thor, Gladiator - all have better feats than them.

You don't get it - I have seen the scans on that thread. They were posted, I just didn't save them for my own.

i know what youre saying, but we cant just take your word for it. we need proof.

#20 Posted by pooty (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: I know the scan exist. I'm not doubting your word. I'm saying it's bad writing. That means If CM is caught in a lightning storm he can be depowered. Black Lightning, Static Shock or Weather Wizard can beat CM or BA with one hit????

#21 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks said:

i think its fair right now. its basic knowledge. the team wont know the source of hulks power. CA might feel the radiation in him but he wont know that its what gives him his abilities.

Captain Atom, based on his power set should be able to manipulate lightning as well, not to mention his speed, he will most likely beat Thor.

Gladiator is only one on team 2 who have enough speed to contend with Captain Atom, but he's vulnerable to Captain Atom's radiation manipulation.

#22 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_creator said:

Shazam and Black Adam have good speed feat? I don't think neither of them are fast enough to evade lightning.

Regular lightning could turn post-crisis Captain Marvel back to Billy, I'm not sure about New 52.

CM is faster than superman, i'll post a scan. thats fast considering Supes flew to the sun and back in under 2 minutes, that means he was going about 28 times faster than light. so CM is faster than that. actually my computer is way too slow for that. but heres the link, can someone copy and paste the scans of CM going faster than superman and equalling the flash(in that instance, im NOT saying hes equal to flash)

#23 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks said:
@the_creator said:

CM is faster than superman, i'll post a scan. thats fast considering Supes flew to the sun and back in under 2 minutes, that means he was going about 28 times faster than light. so CM is faster than that. actually my computer is way too slow for that. but heres the link, can someone copy and paste the scans of CM going faster than superman and equalling the flash(in that instance, im NOT saying hes equal to flash)

That's travel speed feat, if I remembered correctly, Captain Marvel have been blitzed by Superman before in the past. His perception speed is even rarer.

#25 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

If CA or BA can be turned to normal by lightning then they had better not go out to rescue anyone during a storm......

#26 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty said:

@czarny_samael666: I know the scan exist. I'm not doubting your word. I'm saying it's bad writing. That means If CM is caught in a lightning storm he can be depowered. Black Lightning, Static Shock or Weather Wizard can beat CM or BA with one hit????

Why not? There are many characters that have weakness that puts them down instantly.

Gladiator, Superman, Hulk, energy manipulators and reality warpers with low level durability, etc.

Lightning-type powers aren't as popular as brute strength or speed with which they can put down people like Vulcan or Franklin Richards. BA and CM are in much better position then them.

#28 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks said:
@the_creator said:

That's travel speed feat, if I remembered correctly, Captain Marvel have been blitzed by Superman before in the past. His perception speed is even rarer.

he has super speed so he needs a super fast brain to process what hes seeing at super speed. if he didnt have super fast reaction time he;d be flying into buildings and all kinds of other things cause he wouldnt be able to process whats going on around him. he'd just see a blur, but he does, so that means he has super fast reaction. not that he'd need it cause he'd see thor swinging his hammer trying to get lightning from the sky. unless thor can just think lightning to come from the sky without making a dramatic scene out of it like he always does, CM and BA have plenty of time to evade.

#29 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm just thought about it. they have basic knowledge so they know thor controls lightning, and since BA has no morals, hes blitzing and thor wont be able to react to that so he has no chance of pulling off the lightning. not that he's hell bent on using it anyway since he doesnt know that BA and CM would lose if he managed to hit them with lightning. i still want to see that scan saying any lightning does it

#30 Edited by pooty (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

Why not? There are many characters that have weakness that puts them down instantly.

Gladiator, Superman, Hulk, energy manipulators and reality warpers with low level durability, etc.

Lightning-type powers aren't as popular as brute strength or speed with which they can put down people like Vulcan or Franklin Richards. BA and CM are in much better position then them.

In the scan you speak of, what was the scenario? I don't remember. maybe some context will help. Also, BA/CM have been around for years. If them being transformed by regular lightning only happened once, that can be bad writing or PIS. How many times do you recall them being changed by regular lightning?

#31 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty

@czarny_samael666
@pooty said:

In the scan you speak of, what was the scenario? I don't remember. maybe some context will help. Also, BA/CM have been around for years. If them being transformed by regular lightning only happened once, that can be bad writing or PIS. How many times do you recall them being changed by regular lightning?

Theres a whole bunch of lightning touching BA in the OP picture and he's just fine.

#32 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty:

Hard to debate, since I don't have the scans.

#33 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: ive never seen the scan but im going to count it as PIS or WIS since theres alot of lightning touching BA in the OP picture and hes walking just fine. That debunks that any lightning can turn them back to normal. (yes i know its probably his own, but that doesnt matter, its lightning.)

#34 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

The lightning change is shown in this thread, http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/discuss-and-debunk-a-feat-with-a-viner-721916/

#36 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: ive never seen the scan but im going to count it as PIS or WIS since theres alot of lightning touching BA in the OP picture and hes walking just fine. That debunks that any lightning can turn them back to normal. (yes i know its probably his own, but that doesnt matter, its lightning.)

It does matter.

#37 Posted by dondave (37380 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel's team ftw

#38 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

The lightning change is shown in this thread, http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/discuss-and-debunk-a-feat-with-a-viner-721916/

i looked for a long time. even used the ctrl +F function and didnt find it.

It does matter.

it DOES matter now? i thought u said any lightning can transform him back. then i say that in the OP picture a lot of lightning is touching him but now the story changed? make up your mind does ANY lightning turn him back or not

#39 Posted by dondave (37380 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by TDK_1997 (14891 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Cap wins this.

#41 Edited by logy5000 (5765 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's team gets stomped.

#42 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_creator said:

i looked for a long time. even used the ctrl +F function and didnt find it.

@czarny_samael666 said:

It does matter.

it DOES matter now? i thought u said any lightning can transform him back. then i say that in the OP picture a lot of lightning is touching him but now the story changed? make up your mind does ANY lightning turn him back or not

1.Because CV changed since tha moment, You have to read all the pages.

2.Of course it does, don't pretend to be dumb...

#44 Edited by TDK_1997 (14891 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: Well I can certainly see either Black Adam or Cap Marvel defeating Thor in a good fight since both of them are Superman type of characters but are just the magical type.Captain Atom can take Hulk or Gladiator rather easily and I can see Team 1 winning this in a quick fight almost.

#45 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:
@czarny_samael666 said:

It does matter.

1.Because CV changed since tha moment, You have to read all the pages.

2.Of course it does, don't pretend to be dumb...

you didnt answer my question. u said that all lightning changes captain marvel and black adam to normal. in the OP picture i said that he's there with alot of lightning touching him and nothing happened to him THEN i asked "it DOES matter now? make up your mind, does ANY lightning turn him back or not". The answer is clear. just look at the picture in the OP for proof. you say 2. of course it does, dont pretend to be dumb"but u dont offer reasons as to why. so dont act like your stupid by ignoring all my points in what im saying.

#46 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@inconvenient_truth: Well I can certainly see either Black Adam or Cap Marvel defeating Thor in a good fight since both of them are Superman type of characters but are just the magical type.Captain Atom can take Hulk or Gladiator rather easily and I can see Team 1 winning this in a quick fight almost.

i see. but this is basic knowledge. they dont know eachothers weaknesses. so how can Captain Atom take hulk or gladiator easily?not agreeing or disagreeing, just wondering

#47 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

Cap and BA aren't as fast as Superman. They actually barely have any fight feats and if we would count travel/flight speed, then they got no chance since Thor flight speed can reach 2 times FTL speed.

And their feats aren't on par with Thor's.

you didnt answer my question. u said that all lightning changes captain marvel and black adam to normal. in the OP picture i said that he's there with alot of lightning touching him and nothing happened to him THEN i asked "it DOES matter now? make up your mind, does ANY lightning turn him back or not". The answer is clear. just look at the picture in the OP for proof. you say 2. of course it does, dont pretend to be dumb"but u dont offer reasons as to why. so dont act like your stupid by ignoring all my points in what im saying.

Your question is stupid. How could their lightnings not be completly over their control? How would it make any sense since they are changing into humans because of their OWN lightings? It is more than obvious that their lightnings have to change them and that they have to be in full control of them if they are using them offensively.

Whole point is just ridiculous.

#48 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666:

Your question is stupid. How could their lightnings not be completly over their control? How would it make any sense since they are changing into humans because of their OWN lightings? It is more than obvious that their lightnings have to change them and that they have to be in full control of them if they are using them offensively.

Whole point is just ridiculous.

its not stupid. its stupid and childish of you to say that all lightning changes black adam and captain marvel but then when i point out that theres lightning touching BA in the OP then you change your story and say no, no. not all lightning. so youre flip flopping to fit what you want to happen. YOU said it not me. YOU said all lightning changes them and i just proved you wrong. dont say its stupid when you are the one that looks stupid here cause i proved you wrong and youre changing youre story around

#49 Edited by TDK_1997 (14891 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

i see. but this is basic knowledge. they dont know eachothers weaknesses. so how can Captain Atom take hulk or gladiator easily?not agreeing or disagreeing, just wondering

With time Captain Atom can reveal their weakneses and they have a weakness for certain type of radiation which Captain Atom can emit.Also when he consumes a certain amount of explosion or radiation he can then use it even better.

@tdk_1997 said:

Cap and BA aren't as fast as Superman. They actually barely have any fight feats and if we would count travel/flight speed, then they got no chance since Thor flight speed can reach 2 times FTL speed.

The speed in their fight will matter but not that much.He will have a slight advantage against Captain Marvel but I think that BA's speed can and is on par with Thor's speed.And also,if they can ground him or just hold him until either of them strikes with one of their lightnings,they can hurt him enough to slow him down.And then he will be an easy fish.

#50 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth:

OMG... You don't get it - it doesn't matter for this thread at all, You're acting like this would be even close to most important thing here and that You've found something important. I thought that I don't have to discuss obvious things, yet You want exactly that kind of debate.

Similar one would be, if I would say that only Thor can hold Mjolnir, so x character won't be able to and You would say that it isn't truth because BRB and Cap also manged to lift it. You would be right, but it wouldn't change my point, since it is an obvious detail that wouldn't change my point.

Do You get now, why it doesn't matter or we will go again by some crazy debate without any chance to resolve the case?

@tdk_1997 said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@tdk_1997 said:

The speed in their fight will matter but not that much.He will have a slight advantage against Captain Marvel but I think that BA's speed can and is on par with Thor's speed.And also,if they can ground him or just hold him until either of them strikes with one of their lightnings,they can hurt him enough to slow him down.And then he will be an easy fish.

If You think about Thor vs both of them, witouth Thor using lightning, then it could be hard. One on one - each of them won't be able to deal with him.

BTW, who was the most durable person KOd by their lightnings?