comiczmaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#252  Edited By comiczmaestro

@vance_astro: Thanos curbstomps WW.

He took out the entire Avengers with no Infinity Gauntlet. Even though his eye and hand beams can be easily blocked by WW, he can either use his strength, or mind powers (he bested even Moondragon in a mind-batlle).

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#253 vance_astro  Moderator

@comiczmaestro said:

@vance_astro: Thanos curbstomps WW.

He took out the entire Avengers with no Infinity Gauntlet. Even though his eye and hand beams can be easily blocked by WW, he can either use his strength, or mind powers (he bested even Moondragon in a mind-batlle).

The title of this thread is Captain Marvel vs. Wonder Woman and since you didn't quote me I don't know why you're trying to argue something with me that's off-topic or where this stems from.

comiczmaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good fight! I would see Captain Marvel taking 6/10 wins because of higher strength, speed, and durability. Though, WW can pull some wins due to better h2h skills and an unbreakable sword.

RedMarv3l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see it going either way.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm Captain Marvel can win this but not easily though

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Still Wonder Woman. Not her toughest fight.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homer_x said:

I don't see any proof he can. He has less proof to beat Wonder Woman than he has against Superman, only reason he even can phase Superman is cus of magic which Wonder Woman is highly resistant to.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By Homer_X

@homer_x said:

I don't see any proof he can. He has less proof to beat Wonder Woman than he has against Superman, only reason he even can phase Superman is cus of magic which Wonder Woman is highly resistant to.

True that she is resistant to magic, but Captain Marvel beats her in speed, stamina, & strength, all these factors is what Bizarro also carries, and she lost to him in a battle. Though I do admit that Captain Marvel does not win this easily

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homer_x said:

True that she is resistant to magic, but Captain Marvel beats her in speed, stamina, & strength, all these factors is what Bizarro also carries, and she lost to him in a battle. Though I do admit that Captain Marvel does not win this easily

You must be new to comics, considering the fact that Bizzaro only beat Wonder Woman in a non canon comic series called Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman: Trinity which is non-canon to Post Crisis/Modern continuity...meaning it doesn't count or matter since it never happened to the Wonder Woman in this thread. Also, Captain Marvel is not stronger, faster or have stamina over Wonder Woman since her feats in all those areas are better than his. You've never seen Captain Marvel move faster than thought or think coherently while traveling at light speed or react faster than light, Captain Marvel has never helped pull the planet or the moon or easily handle a mountain sized asteroid, Captian Marvel hasn't shown he can fight for nearly 1000 years with only 1 day of rest near the end. Wonder Woman has accomplished all these feats, Captain Marvel has not. I doubt you've even seen anything that would suggest Cap is superior to Wonder Woman in any way shape or form. If you're so sure he wins, prove it with feats, scans, actual evidence from comics. I can and I have provided scans laying out and proving all the things I've stated here, I highly doubt you can do more than tell me how he compares to Superman.

PS: Wonder Woman already fought, stalemated, and defeated an out of character, morals off Captain Marvel who would've been much more of a threat than normal. This thread can get locked now.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homer_x said:

You must be new to comics, considering the fact that Bizzaro only beat Wonder Woman in a non canon comic series called Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman: Trinity which is non-canon to Post Crisis/Modern continuity...meaning it doesn't count or matter since it never happened to the Wonder Woman in this thread. Also, Captain Marvel is not stronger, faster or have stamina over Wonder Woman since her feats in all those areas are better than his. You've never seen Captain Marvel move faster than thought or think coherently while traveling at light speed or react faster than light, Captain Marvel has never helped pull the planet or the moon or easily handle a mountain sized asteroid, Captian Marvel hasn't shown he can fight for nearly 1000 years with only 1 day of rest near the end. Wonder Woman has accomplished all these feats, Captain Marvel has not. I doubt you've even seen anything that would suggest Cap is superior to Wonder Woman in any way shape or form. If you're so sure he wins, prove it with feats, scans, actual evidence from comics. I can and I have provided scans laying out and proving all the things I've stated here, I highly doubt you can do more than tell me how he compares to Superman.

PS: Wonder Woman already fought, stalemated, and defeated an out of character, morals off Captain Marvel who would've been much more of a threat than normal. This thread can get locked now.

1st of all, I have been reading comics all my life, but what you should've called me was that I must be new to this site, in which case I am, 2nd I didnt know there we can't use a non canon comic , and where can i find the rules of this site

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homer_x said:

1st of all, I have been reading comics all my life, but what you should've called me was that I must be new to this site, in which case I am, 2nd I didnt know there we can't use a non canon comic , and where can i find the rules of this site

all right...my bad. it's hard to tell when someone didn't read the rules, considering that the rules are one of the very first things you even see tagged on the battles board.........if you consider looking around.

Battle Forum Rules 2.0 --- COMPULSORY READING - Battles - Comic Vine

thebustman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drmantistoboggan: captain marvel has a resistance to magic just like wonder woman i dont know why they keep using the lasso as a way to beat him since it wouldnt work.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebustman: It would still bind him all the same. The thing's never been broken(to my recollection), and she's damn quick with it.

thebustman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: morals off billy exists? wouldnt that violate the reasons his origin?

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@ancient_0f_days: morals off billy exists? wouldnt that violate the reasons his origin?

No, his morals are the same as Superman's and both have had moments where they've abandoned them. It happens.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By reaverlation

Diana

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman

thebustman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By thebustman

@ancient_0f_days: the reason billy got his powers in the first place is because he didnt have the deadly sins of man so morals off would then contradict kindness and empathy thus condradicting his origin

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: the reason billy got his powers in the first place is because he didnt have the deadly sins of man so morals off would then contradict kindness and empathy thus condradicting his origin

being pissed off enough to beat up your friends isn't a sin

thebustman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By thebustman

@ancient_0f_days: blood lusted as in "out for blood" and like i said "shows kindness"

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say durability and strength overcome fighting skill. I've never seen Diana use pressure points or anything before (could be wrong) so I don't think she would hurt him enough to win before he can win

crest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By crest

this ends in sex.......there love child grows up to stomp them both

thebustman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crest: ew wonder woman having sex with a child? damn amazons and your crazy sex laws

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#275  Edited By NimaMindTricks

New 52 Wonder Woman slaughters him. Go look at her respect thread. It trounces anything Billy has done.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: blood lusted as in "out for blood" and like i said "shows kindness"

I clearly never stated "bloodlusted" and you clearly don't know the difference between bloodlusted and morals off.

thebustman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: i already said the meaning of blood lusted but i can still use my previous rebuttal about showing kindness

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably WW since isn't she the Queen of War or something? War God in some form? I'm not reading her own series but am reading JL, Superman/WW etc though I'm curious as to how this fight would go down.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By ZhuRong

Wonder Woman with a little difficulty. She fight magical beings all the time like Circe and Cheetah.

David_Miller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

captain marvel, because he can speedbit her # speed of mercury

FUKUTORA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude23: He's as durable as Superman and doesn't have weaknesses such as kryptonite or red sun.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By Kingant27

@agent41: I don't want to get into an eternal tiresome debate with you, but Billy is stronger than Diana, period. He also has a higher invunerability and duarability; however Diana has the weapon advantage etc.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@agent41: I just remembered that was Diana's old catchphrase, lol.

Anyways Wondy wins.

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Similar strength

Superior combat skill

Superior combat speed

Superior weapons

Weapons that can end a fight in one shot

...yea, wonder woman wins

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291  Edited By Kingant27

@agent41: Captain Marvel was always on Superman's level strength wise, and stalemated him for 2 hours; Diana is not on Superman or Billy's level strength wise, Billy is stronger, everyone knows that.

Captain Marvel has the superior durability and invunerability as well.

I never said he is invunerable, are you incapable of reading; I stated he has a higher degree of invunerability, big difference.

I will reply tommorow.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Marvel hasn't been equal to Superman ever since Pre-Crisis ended. The only reason he give Clark trouble is due to magic otherwise Clark would stomp him into the ground. Billy and Diana are roughly neck to neck. Both of them have advantages over each other. This fight could go to anybody to be honest but i'lll give Diana 6/10.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@agent41 said:

@kingant27: No they don't have invulnerability in the true meaning of the word because they can be hurt. Shazam is not as strong as Superman,Superman has countless feats to prove he is superior and Superman fans will tell you that,for example @lvenger

Yeah that's true and though he may technically be physically superior to Wonder Woman, he doesn't have the feats to consistently prove it like Superman does. Nonetheless, Diana still wins due to superior speed, skill and gear with Captain Marvel at least 6/10, if not more.

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman wins, Billy has next to feats on his own to put him in the same tier.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297  Edited By Kingant27

@agent41: CAN YOU NOT READ:

I never said he is invuerable; I stated he has a higher level of invulnerability.

Check my scans below.

@lvenger said:
@agent41 said:

@kingant27: No they don't have invulnerability in the true meaning of the word because they can be hurt. Shazam is not as strong as Superman,Superman has countless feats to prove he is superior and Superman fans will tell you that,for example @lvenger

Yeah that's true and though he may technically be physically superior to Wonder Woman, he doesn't have the feats to consistently prove it like Superman does. Nonetheless, Diana still wins due to superior speed, skill and gear with Captain Marvel at least 6/10, if not more.

@lvenger: @zhurong: Shazam is as strong as Superman.

So let me get this straight, Superman fans think Superman beats Diana because he is physically superior, however Captain Marvel is Superman's equal physically; yet he loses, lol.

So wouldn't Diana also beat Superman via superior skill and gear.

Billy's strength is equal to Superman's. They have always been characterized like that and it simply can not be ignored. His strength is not just confined to that of Hercules as over time, his strength has been written to be superior. Either he is genuinely written to be stronger or he is amplifying his strength with The Power of Zeus - you decide.

Billy arm-wrestles Superman and only loses because Mary and Freddy empower themselves; thus splitting their power by a 1/3. Prior to that they were evenly matched.

Years later they had a rematch and were equal:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

To which several years later, he matched Superman again in the Public Enemies story arc.

In addition, in Superman #216 (Lightning Strikes) he somewhat shrugged off Superman's punch. Superman punched Billy to Hawaii. He was Eclipso possessed and Billy was unwilling to fight a possessed Superman.

In regards to DC One Million, an older Billy appeared in Flash 1,000,000 and he was not old and weak. It was heavily implied that he had become the Wizard or taken his power (though he did not resemble the Lord Marvel version seen in later years, Mark Waid the writer clearly did not have that in mind).

Here, the older Billy from the One Million storyline is seen speed-blitzing attackers alongside Wally West.

Initially, Wally can not even perceive him.

No Caption Provided

The next few panels show him in motion, clearly he is not weak.

No Caption Provided

This version of Captain Marvel was actually at the Rock of Eternity. Black Adam is genuinely just an ancient character. New-52 Shazam beat him by exposing his age, or something of the sort.

But moving on, in Flash #162 he races alongside Wally at lightspeed.

In Flash #107, he zooms away from Wally (and Wally is astounded at his speed).

No Caption Provided

The next panel shows Wally wandering whether Billy has a connection to the speed force.

No Caption Provided

Slugging it with Sups: Shrugging off hits, took Superman's Heat Vision like a champ

Slugging it with Black Adam

Speed feat (Justice)

Speed-blitzing Bizarro, Parasite, Metallo, Solomon Grundy (Justice)

Takes on Alan Scott
Takes on Alan Scott
Arm Wrestle Superman (He lost because of power-sharing with Freddy)
Arm Wrestle Superman (He lost because of power-sharing with Freddy)
Spears Specter with the Spare oF destiny without become possessed
Spears Specter with the Spare oF destiny without become possessed
Catches a boat thrown by a possessed Superman
Catches a boat thrown by a possessed Superman

Captain Marvel using magical punches to knock out Superman.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Superman being host to Captain Marvel and feeling the power of Shazam. Superman saying they're are equal in every way. Also, Captain Marvel says with the power of Zeus he can see hidden dimensions.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@frozen: I consider you very knoweldgable on this subject; maybe you can share your thoughts on the whole Superman vs Billy strength wise etc.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#298  Edited By Lvenger

@kingant27: Superman is not only stronger than Diana, he has equal combat speed and comparable reflexes too. In contrast, Billy is only as physically strong as Superman and even that isn't saying much considering Superman has better strength feats than Billy. Billy does not have Superman's

• Striking Power (moon busting to punching Wonder Woman from Sun to Earth)
  • Durability (Planetary+ - Supernova level)
  • Combat Speed (Hypersonic-Light Speed)
  • Reaction Times (Bullet Time-Nanoseconds)
  • Versatility (Heat Vision, Freeze Breath, Healing Factor)
  • Tactical Thinking/Combat Skill

Billy is not comparable to Superman in any of those areas and when it comes to their own feats, Superman trumps Billy by a huge margin. In most of their fights, writers have Superman forget about all these things and fight like a common brick brawling it out with Billy. He doesn't do that with other foes, even more powerful foes at times. It's for plot convenience to make a fair fight when, in reality, Superman and Captain Marvel are hardly equals Pre New 52 honestly.

In regards to Wonder Woman, Billy doesn't have a single combat speed showing that tells us how fast he is or what his reflexes are like. He has the odd speed blitz but that's no proof he can react to Diana who regularly tags Wally West and moves faster than thought. Superman can react to her and avoid her gear and attacks, Billy lacks that kind of combat speed. Trying to foil my argument by making the correlation of "Superman=Captain Marvel so if Wonder Woman can beat Captain Marvel, why can't she beat Superman?" doesn't work when you compare these 3 powerhouses.

Using DC 1 Million feats doesn't work either because that's a different version of Billy, not the mainstream one. Not to mention that adding The Wizard's power to his own is clearly going to amp his speed by a lot, a factor you've blissfully ignored in your argument.

As for spearing Spectre, so what? That's a display of Billy's purity, not of his combat speed. He just flies in a straight line and blitzes a slow foe.

The Flash ones are travel speed showings, not combat speed. SlimJ8D has written a post debunking the difference between travel speed and combat speed. Characters can fly at FTL speeds like Thor but they cannot fight at them. It's folly to correlate the two when travel speed is about how fast you move from Point A to B whereas Combat speed is about how fast you can throw a punch, dodge a punch or react to an attack. Billy has no feats in the latter category whereas Superman and Wonder Woman have plenty.

And the All Star squadron scan involves Earth S Captain Marvel, not Post Crisis Captain Marvel. Hence it's non canon to this version.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Give me an hour, I am going out; I will reply in a bit.