Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CapitolPunishment

New Earth incarnations of both, I missed this on the search function so if its been done I apologize.

Captain Marvel (Billy)

VS

Wonder Woman

-Standard equipment
-Standard morals
-Standard elimination rules apply

Who wins?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By King_Saturn
Captain Marvel should win here... CM has strength comparable to Superman... and we know how Superman has taken Diana to town before in battle... now what could make this interesting is Wonder Woman's fighting prowess versus Captain Marvel's seemingly less technical fighting skills... 
kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kcaz
@King Saturn said:
Captain Marvel should win here... CM has strength comparable to Superman... and we know how Superman has taken Diana to town before in battle... now what could make this interesting is Wonder Woman's fighting prowess versus Captain Marvel's seemingly less technical fighting skills... 
captain marvel was also no match for supes, he got thrashed badly during their battle. i'll say ww's experience, tactics, weapons and h2h combat skills will make her victorious. she may not be as strong, but we know strength isnt everything, as long as she can deflect the punches
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Captain Marvel.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Interesting question. If it was a Morals-Off Battle then Billy would win convincingly. Billy is most likely Stronger than Diana as his Strength is equal to Superman's and he's probably a bit more Durable than Wonder Woman but that's all he has going for him. Their Speed is technically the same but Wonder Woman makes better USE of her speed. She has combat training and ha trained her Speed for Combat situations. Diana also has much better Fighting Skill because she has trained to fight as a trained Warrior. Wonder Woman also has equipment on her side, her Lasso can trap Bily and she can use Zeus' lightning to turn him back. Billy will also hold back a-lot more, Diana also holds back but not as much. Billy gets transformed back when Zeus' lightning is used on him. Wonder Woman would be mentally prepared and she'd make much better use of his speed and get equipment and skill would be an advantage as Billy doesn't have skill. Diana uses her Speed to a better use and edges hum out with Skill, Equipment and Tactics as well as Morals. Wonder Woman wins.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
@kcaz said:
@King Saturn said:
captain marvel was also no match for supes, he got thrashed badly during their battle. i'll say ww's experience, tactics, weapons and h2h combat skills will make her victorious. she may not be as strong, but we know strength isnt everything, as long as she can deflect the punches
Captain Marvel fought Superman multiple times... I recall them both winning at times... this was not a one time thing.
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jashro44

New earth versions? Like post flash point? Does Captain marvel have any feats in the new dcu? I heard he was getting an ongoing but I didn't know it was released yet.

CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CapitolPunishment
@jashro44 said:

New earth versions? Like post flash point? Does Captain marvel have any feats in the new dcu? I heard he was getting an ongoing but I didn't know it was released yet.

FYI, New Earth is pre Flashpoint, post crisis.

Edit for a link
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CapitolPunishment
@comicdude23 said:
Interesting question. If it was a Morals-Off Battle then Billy would win convincingly. Billy is most likely Stronger than Diana as his Strength is equal to Superman's and he's probably a bit more Durable than Wonder Woman but that's all he has going for him. Their Speed is technically the same but Wonder Woman makes better USE of her speed. She has combat training and ha trained her Speed for Combat situations. Diana also has much better Fighting Skill because she has trained to fight as a trained Warrior. Wonder Woman also has equipment on her side, her Lasso can trap Bily and she can use Zeus' lightning to turn him back. Billy will also hold back a-lot more, Diana also holds back but not as much. Billy gets transformed back when Zeus' lightning is used on him. Wonder Woman would be mentally prepared and she'd make much better use of his speed and get equipment and skill would be an advantage as Billy doesn't have skill. Diana uses her Speed to a better use and edges hum out with Skill, Equipment and Tactics as well as Morals. Wonder Woman wins.
That is why I made it standard morals, Diana can be pretty ruthless at times, while Billy on the other hand is a really nice guy/boy.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I think Captain Marvel would win. The only advantage that Wonder Woman has is skill and I think his durability would compensate. It would basically be like fighting Superman without being able to attack his magical weaknesses because Cap doesn't have those same weaknesses.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jashro44

@CapitolPunishment said:

@jashro44 said:

Edit for a link

I see. My apologies then. I think I will go with captain marvel. He is stronger and more durable.

CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:

I think Captain Marvel would win. The only advantage that Wonder Woman has is skill and I think his durability would compensate. It would basically be like fighting Superman without being able to attack his magical weaknesses because Cap doesn't have those same weaknesses.

What about Wonder Woman vs Thanos O_o?

@jashro44 said:

@CapitolPunishment said:

@jashro44 said:

Edit for a link

I see. My apologies then. I think I will go with captain marvel. He is stronger and more durable.

No need to apologize :)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@CapitolPunishment said:

@Vance Astro said:

What about Wonder Woman vs Thanos O_o?

What about it?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Static Shock

I'm not sure why everyone is comparing Marvel to Superman. Wonder Woman has fought both of them while they were bloodlusted, but for some reason, she did better against Billy than she did against Superman. Her fight with Billy was a bit more even before she resorted to using her lasso.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RoyalDivinity

Under this scenario, I can see it being a friendly sparring and thus, Wonder Woman wins.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
I'm not sure why everyone is comparing Marvel to Superman. Wonder Woman has fought both of them while they were bloodlusted, but for some reason, she did better against Billy than she did against Superman. Her fight with Billy was a bit more even before she resorted to using her lasso.
It was always my understanding that Billy was Superman's equal.
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
Because people keep using that arm wrestling scan as a strength bible. When both Superman and Captain Marvel lifted the "Book with infinite pages" together Captain Marvel passed out from exhaustion and reverted back to little Billy, Superman was just fine and carried the little guy away. Later Ultraman lifted the entire book by himself.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By King_Saturn
@CapitolPunishment said:
@Static Shock said:
Because people keep using that arm wrestling scan as a strength bible. When both Superman and Captain Marvel lifted the "Book with infinite pages" together Captain Marvel passed out from exhaustion and reverted back to little Billy, Superman was just fine and carried the little guy away. Later Ultraman lifted the entire book by himself.
more than just an arm wrestling match... Captain Marvel and Superman have fought before and the fights were not really one sided... Superman won a few... and I believe Captain Marvel did as well. 
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@King Saturn said:
@CapitolPunishment said:
@Static Shock said:
more than just an arm wrestling match... Captain Marvel and Superman have fought before and the fights were not really one sided... Superman won a few... and I believe Captain Marvel did as well. 
In the more recent showings Superman has shown to be the stronger of the two, when Eclipso possessed Superman and went after Marvel it was like Billy was running from a train, Shazam had to save his arse. He was also shown to be stronger physically in Final Crisis in the example I just gave. Batman/Superman comics I don't think anyone takes very seriously but they were pretty even then, even though they pressed the whole "Magic" thing a little to far.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By King_Saturn
@CapitolPunishment said:
@King Saturn said:
@CapitolPunishment said:
@Static Shock said:
In the more recent showings Superman has shown to be the stronger of the two, when Eclipso possessed Superman and went after Marvel it was like Billy was running from a train, Shazam had to save his arse. He was also shown to be stronger physically in Final Crisis in the example I just gave. Batman/Superman comics I don't think anyone takes very seriously but they were pretty even then, even though they pressed the whole "Magic" thing a little to far.
Overall they have been played to be somewhat even... I have comics where they have went blow for blow... so I am sticking to those guns. 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@King Saturn said:
Overall they have been played to be somewhat even... I have comics where they have went blow for blow... so I am sticking to those guns. 

I agree with the King.
larryman296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By larryman296

Both Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman have a good chance of winning here. Captain Marvel has superior raw strength and Wonder Woman has better fighting skills. In the end, I think CM takes it 6/10.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Static Shock
@Vance Astro said:
Strength-wise, maybe. However, it could be argued differently. 

While Billy has a lot of Superman's physical stats, he still has the mind of a child.  

@CapitolPunishment said:
The arm-wrestling scan speaks volumes, but Captain Marvel is still very different from Superman, despite physical stats. Even then, Billy lost the match because Captain Marvel, Jr and Mary Marvel showed up (and whenever they are all transformed, Billy has to share his power with those two, making him weaker). The other showing about the book with infinite pages shouldn't even be regarded as a feat since that 'book' was stated to be abstract artificial intelligence (and whatever's abstract is known as an idea, or something that cannot be touched). In essence, whatever they held had no weight to it, and how Billy passed out is left to question. 
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24  Edited By Pokeysteve

I'm waiting patiently for someone to reference the War of the Gods fight.

I vote Wonder Woman. He has her in durability and strength is arguable (never seen anything impressive from CM) but with his morals and her combat speed he'll be lucky to land a decent hit. Or even a hit for that matter. Then even if he does she'll tank it.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LordOfFate

I lean more towards Diana but I can see CM making her work for it, WW 6/10

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
@Vance Astro said:
Strength-wise, maybe. However, it could be argued differently. 

While Billy has a lot of Superman's physical stats, he still has the mind of a child.  
Actually that's not true or at least it's not supposed to be. Captain Marvel has the wisdom of of Solomon.
ShadowPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShadowPanther

Wonder Woman should get a slight majority

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Pokeysteve said:

I vote Wonder Woman. He has her in durability and strength is arguable (never seen anything impressive from CM) but with his morals and her combat speed he'll be lucky to land a decent hit. Or even a hit for that matter. Then even if he does she'll tank it.

His morals? You don't think Captain Marvel will do what it takes to win if there was actually a situation in which he would HAVE TO fight Wonder Woman? And what's stopping him from getting a decent hit? Combat speed? She doesn't fight at top speed all the time and morals are also on for her not that I believe she's faster than him.
Luster77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Luster77

Wonder Woman, hands down. However they both get their powers from the same gods, respectively. Aside from their magical abilities cancelling each other out, her fighting prowess is far more than a match for Captain Marvel. In an all out battle at peak level, I give the edge to Wonder Woman.

CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@King Saturn: That's understandable, if you take the vast majority of there showings they have always seemed pretty even. When Captain Marvel first came on the scene in DC his first few showings against Superman put him way below the man of steel, I personally think that was in spite of Faucet city comics. The problem with that was Captain Marvel was a very popular character and the fans didn't like that so DC did the right thing and put him back on the same level of the man of steel where he remained for decades. In my personal opinion and I know many others believe this as well, Superman has consistently been shown to be the more powerful of the two. We can also get into the whole "who holds back more" thing. I respect your opinion and it is a valid one but I have to disagree with you on this one, I honestly believe Superman to be the superior of the two.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Static Shock
@Pokeysteve said:

Already did. LOL. 

@Vance Astro said: 
Actually that's not true or at least it's not supposed to be. Captain Marvel has the wisdom of of Solomon.
It's very true. Captain Marvel still has child-like mannerisms. The Wisdom of Solomon doesn't really take effect unless he calls upon or decides to use it, based on what I've seen. 
Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go with Wonder Woman for this one. I think it is somewhat even but she'd find a way to win since she actually has something to fight for. Also, she's taken more powerful opponents so she isn't going to fall apart just because he's uber powerful.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@PhoenixoftheTides said:

Also, she's taken more powerful opponents so she isn't going to fall apart just because he's uber powerful.

Like who?
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By PowerHerc

Captain Marvel wins.

He's stronger, faster, more durable and wiser.

His advantages in these areas would be more than enough to make up for WW's edge in fighting skill.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pokeysteve

@Vance Astro said:

@Pokeysteve said:

His morals? You don't think Captain Marvel will do what it takes to win if there was actually a situation in which he would HAVE TO fight Wonder Woman? And what's stopping him from getting a decent hit? Combat speed? She doesn't fight at top speed all the time and morals are also on for her not that I believe she's faster than him.

Wouldn't you be a little hesitant to fight one of your closest female friends? He'll hold back at least a little. Way more than she will. His fighting skills aren't the best from what I've seen. Her reflexes are good enough to dodge his punches. Their stats are more or less the same except for his superior durability and her combat speed. If she some how fails in hand to hand then she lassos him.

@Static Shock said:

@Pokeysteve said:

Already did. LOL.

You didn't refer to it as a stalemate though lol I hate that.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Pokeysteve said:

Wouldn't you be a little hesitant to fight one of your closest female friends? He'll hold back at least a little. Way more than she will. His fighting skills aren't the best from what I've seen. Her reflexes are good enough to dodge his punches. Their stats are more or less the same except for his superior durability and her combat speed. If she some how fails in hand to hand then she lassos him.

Sure I would but if we are assuming they are going to fight for some reason then I would expect them both to fight to the best of their ability.This is a fight. They aren't sparring, it's not a friendly competition.I understand that the OP says that morals apply but as far as i'm concerned that just means he won't kill her. If he actually found reason to fight Diana at all I don't think he's going to hold back. His fighting skills aren't very good but he will tank alot of her hits because of his durability. I don't see her lassoing him. I haven't seen many showings of combat speed for him but even with her speed I don't think it's likely she can get a lasso around him.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Static Shock
@Pokeysteve said:

Well, it was clearly a stalemate. That much is certain. But, the issue is that she did better against him that she's ever done against Superman, despite the outcome.
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock

The arm-wrestling scan speaks volumes, but Captain Marvel is still very different from Superman, despite physical stats. Even then, Billy lost the match because Captain Marvel, Jr and Mary Marvel showed up (and whenever they are all transformed, Billy has to share his power with those two, making him weaker).

Good points.

The other showing about the book with infinite pages shouldn't even be regarded as a feat since that 'book' was stated to be abstract artificial intelligence (and whatever's abstract is known as an idea, or something that cannot be touched). In essence, whatever they held had no weight to it, and how Billy passed out is left to question. 

I think that you may have misunderstood that part of the story. The book was a physical book, cited to be composed of infinite pages (silly as that sounds), it was said to be all books ever written, every story ever told. Superman needed Marvels strength (citing the powers of the gods) to help him lift this book.

The "abstract" part came in when they were holding the book, reading its stories. What you cited as the book was the actual story the book was telling Superman and Captain marvel, not the book itself. The book was telling them about the history of the abstract entity that "was bigger than universes", the being known as "Monitor", the origins of the multiverse and the story of the race of "hyper gods" (Monitors) that were spawned from Monitor. Scans are a bit blurry, let me know if you need me to get better ones.
Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

Also, she's taken more powerful opponents so she isn't going to fall apart just because he's uber powerful.

Like who?

Oops, I miss-typed. I meant to say "She's taken more powerful opponents than her..." like Ares or Superman via Max Lord. She's not going to fall apart just because he's more powerful than her.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Static Shock
@CapitolPunishment: I want the page that mentions the abstract stuff. 
Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Stronger

@PowerHerc said:

Captain Marvel wins.

He's stronger, faster, more durable and wiser.

His advantages in these areas would be more than enough to make up for WW's edge in fighting skill.

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By emperorznb

Captain Marvel of course.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Pokeysteve

@Vance Astro said:

Sure I would but if we are assuming they are going to fight for some reason then I would expect them both to fight to the best of their ability.This is a fight. They aren't sparring, it's not a friendly competition.I understand that the OP says that morals apply but as far as i'm concerned that just means he won't kill her. If he actually found reason to fight Diana at all I don't think he's going to hold back. His fighting skills aren't very good but he will tank alot of her hits because of his durability. I don't see her lassoing him. I haven't seen many showings of combat speed for him but even with her speed I don't think it's likely she can get a lasso around him.

Morals mean more then killing or not killing. It's pretty much saying he's in character. He'll tank a lot of her hits sure but she'll land a lot of them. Any lucky shots he lands will be tanked as well. I honestly don't think she'll need the lasso. It's a back up.

@Static Shock said:

@Pokeysteve said:

Well, it was clearly a stalemate. That much is certain. But, the issue is that she did better against him that she's ever done against Superman, despite the outcome.

I agree it's a stalemate but not in the sense that they fought evenly trading shots with no clear winner. She handles him (after his first shot) and then they're split apart with no clear winner.

batfan1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By batfan1939

Wonder Woman is, I think, at the top of her (strength) class in battles, with the possible exception of Thor. She is one of the few "bricks" to actually have skill, and is the only Batman-class fighter I know of at that level. The only way to beat her would be piercing wounds (which would be next to impossible against a master swordsman), or ranged attacks (which she's experienced at blocking). Captain Marvel, Superman, etc. tend to rely on the fact that most attacks bounce off of them, and that most bricks are morons, to get them through actual fights. Diana has both skill and tactics, and is also willing to fight ditry or kill when necessary. Most others like her wouldn't think of doing either of those things. I'm not sure that WW could "transform" Marvel back into Billy, as the lighting that transforms him comes from SHAZAM the wizard and not Zeus. Even so, I honestly think that, even without strength on par with Supes and Marvel, this is basically Batman vs Rhino or Batman vs Killer Croc -- a vastly physically superior opponent vs a hero who's more skilled and intelligent. If it works for Batman, why not her?

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By XLR87T3

You mean this? :

CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
@Pokeysteve said:

Sure I would but if we are assuming they are going to fight for some reason then I would expect them both to fight to the best of their ability.This is a fight. They aren't sparring, it's not a friendly competition.I understand that the OP says that morals apply but as far as i'm concerned that just means he won't kill her. If he actually found reason to fight Diana at all I don't think he's going to hold back. His fighting skills aren't very good but he will tank alot of her hits because of his durability. I don't see her lassoing him. I haven't seen many showings of combat speed for him but even with her speed I don't think it's likely she can get a lasso around him.
  I don't think it is quite comparable to the situation here but in the flashpoint story arc when Captain Thunder (Cap Marvel in the altered timeline) confronted Diana about the Amazonian war against Atlantis, he had his standard nice guy morals and wanted to talk first. She attacked, permanently scarred and nearly killed him because of his said morals. In that instance Diana was way more ruthless so I do not think she would to something like that right off the bat, only noted this one because she is capable of hurting him if she tried.

@Static Shock said:

@CapitolPunishment: I want the page that mentions the abstract stuff. 

My apologies, when I uploaded the scans I was trying to do them as just panels, this is the entire page of the second scan, showing what I think you are looking for in the top left panel.  The second scan I posted was the top right panel from this page.

No Caption Provided
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@XLR87T3

I think that's a silver age incarnation, Superman was shown much more powerful than Marvel back than. Like in this instance below, good ol douche Superman. However not an incarnation comparable enough to be discussed regarding the two here, there powers were leveled out to be more even and consistent post crisis.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Vance, the only reason Superman get's troubled by Billy is due to Marvel's magic. Wonder Woman won't be as vulnreble to magic, and Superman gives Diana problems because Superman has a high level of fighting skill (Marvel doesn't) and Superman has ALOT more versatility than Marvel. Marvel is Superman's equal in strength but nothing more.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Static Shock
@XLR87T3: Yeah, but you're missing a page. Marvel lost because he shared power with Mary and Captain Marvel Jr when they transformed.  
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Static Shock
@CapitolPunishment said:

My apologies, when I uploaded the scans I was trying to do them as just panels, this is the entire page of the second scan, showing what I think you are looking for in the top left panel.  The second scan I posted was the top right panel from this page.

No Caption Provided
From what I'm reading here, it doesn't say that the book isn't abstract, but that it is.