captain marvel vs. thor

liquade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By liquade

the both are really stronge and control lightning who whould win?

Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The Mighty Thor

oh man you beat me to making this thread and i don't know much about captain mavrel but i guess i can try to start this thread thor wins

Psyker star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Psyker star

can Thor beat Captain Marvel?!!?

Dark_Slayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dark_Slayor

Im going to go with Marvel. Just because I think Supes>Marvel(Not by much though), Supes>Hulk, and Hulk>Thor. 

My Logic is flawed......

Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jx4gz
@Psyker star said:
" can Thor beat Captain Marvel?!!? "
no
Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ownerz

Thor turns Marvel back into Billy, game over

Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jx4gz
@Ownerz said:
" Thor turns Marvel back into Billy, game over "
No
Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ownerz

One is a captain superman copycat in a cape with no great skill with magics, the other is A REAL GOD OF THUNDER

with real auTHORity over lighthning, Billy is transformed back into the boy. 

One of the few crossovers with accuracy, Billy has no chance

Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Bobby X
@Ownerz:
How would Thor be able to do that? Its not like just any old lightning bolt could convert him back, if that was the case, any electrical being would own CM. It has to be summoned through magics separate, unknown, and unavailable to Thor. Doesn't even make sense
Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ownerz
@Bobby X said:
" @Ownerz: How would Thor be able to do that? Its not like just any old lightning bolt could convert him back, if that was the case, any electrical being would own CM. It has to be summoned through magics separate, unknown, and unavailable to Thor. Doesn't even make sense "
Thor doesn't just produce any old electrical attacks, he has magic abilities and he is the GOD OF THUNDER

If he wants a Bolt that turns Marvel back into Billy then Cap Marvel gets transformed back into Billy
Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bobby X

No he can't. Captain Marvel does not get his abilties from the GOD OF THUNDER . That magic comes from a specific source unavailable to Thor, it comes from other gods. Are you trying to tell me that Thor can wield the power of other gods now too? Is he more than the god of thunder now? Logic please
Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ownerz
@Bobby X said:
"
 Are you trying to tell me that Thor can wield the power of other gods? "
Thor IS A GOD, if he wants a bolt that cracks a planet he gets it, if he wants a bolt that can hurt even Galactus he gets it, if he wants a bolt that can turn Cap Marvel back into Billy he also gets it done.

The crossover was accurate which is a very rare thing to say
Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bobby X

@Ownerz:
I'm not even arguing that Cap Marvel would win. You are ignoring logic here. What I'm telling you is that Thor is the God of Thunder, he can do many things. He can not however just usurp the power of other gods, unfamiliar and more importantly separate from himself. CM's power comes from other gods, NON-Asgardian gods, separate from Thor, No Thunder God involved. How could Thor just command some other gods' magic? Thor can not summion magic from non-Asgardian gods, that doesn't even make sense.  BTW, if that crossover is so accurate, why couldn't Thor just do what you are claiming he could and change CM back to Billy with his own lightning bolt.?

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By EdwardWindsor

shazz- hammer to face uses thor force to turn back into kid game over

Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bobby X
@lazystudent:
How could the "Thor Force" change him back? Did you mean the Odin Force? You can't force the transformation that way anyways.
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By whacknasty

Well maybe we should try to compare the gods that Marvel gets his power from to Thor.  I'm more inclined to lean towards the combined might of six gods over just one...  

I guess it has to be asked where the fight happens as well... If in the Marvel universe, then Thor's power may be stronger than the greek (?) gods all put together, whereas if in the DC universe, maybe Thor would be more equal to them? I'm not sure how the gods rank in DC (Earth gods<the new gods like Darkseid<cosmics like Spectre?)
Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Stormultt

Thor makes him studder the words SHAZAm n kills him XDD
Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bobby X
@whacknasty:  
DC's gods generally seem to be more powerful. At least the greek gods and demigods are that is. DC's Ares, Hercules, Atlas > then Marvel's. Only example I could think of right now.

@Stormultt:

At least that could make sense if Thor could do it lol
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By whacknasty

Well, if this is just Thor (and not King Thor or a warrior madness Thor or anything like that...), I'm going with Marvel for the upset.  Like Bobby X was saying, I dont think Thor would/should have the ability to tap into another god's power and interrupt it.  

Makes me think of WWIII when Marvel and others asked the Egyptian gods to revert Black Adam.  Marvel couldnt just sidestep them and make the change happen without them, I think Thor would/should not be able to do the same thing...  And i think there is a reason that Marvel can stand toe to toe with Supes, if even just for a bit. 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

The Cap

SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SwaggaB0y
@Ownerz said:
"One is a captain superman copycat in a cape with no great skill with magics, the other is A REAL GOD OF THUNDER

with real auTHORity over lighthning, Billy is transformed back into the boy. 

One of the few crossovers with accuracy, Billy has no chance

"

ohhh thor looks a real god there lol.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Bobby X said:
"

I'm not even arguing that Cap Marvel would win. You are ignoring logic here. What I'm telling you is that Thor is the God of Thunder, he can do many things. He can not however just usurp the power of other gods, unfamiliar and more importantly separate from himself. CM's power comes from other gods, NON-Asgardian gods, separate from Thor, No Thunder God involved. How could Thor just command some other gods' magic? Thor can not summion magic from non-Asgardian gods, that doesn't even make sense.  BTW, if that crossover is so accurate, why couldn't Thor just do what you are claiming he could and change CM back to Billy with his own lightning bolt.?

"
The crossover was indeed extremely accurate. Storm defeated Wonder Woman, and Wolverine, Lobo, in it.
Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bobby X

Yeah those were two of my fav battles lol.

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By Aronmorales

Hmm, this is a toughy...

I say either way.

GhostPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GhostPool

Thor
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#26  Edited By joshmightbe

i say thor wins it without taking marvels power away itd be a good fight almost even but thor is more of a warrior than marvel and i dont think thor would go after him in a powerless state because he has too much pride to win like that
Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jx4gz

Thor gets mutilated here 
I doubt the Asgardians will be able to recognize Thor's dead body after Billy gets done with him 

thatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By thatguy

Marvel can beat Thor......CM is too tough, anyone who Spectre gives props for being tough is by all means tough.....

yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By yodagod

Thor wins this.  A real god is significantly greater than someone who gets his powers from gods.  No contest.  Thor shouldn't be able to just turn him back, I agree, but he won't have to.
Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ownerz
Even KingdomCome Marvel gets owned
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AtPhantom
@yodagod said:
" Thor wins this.  A real god is significantly greater than someone who gets his powers from gods.  No contest.  Thor shouldn't be able to just turn him back, I agree, but he won't have to. "
That makes no sense. You sound like you don't know anything about the characters, and I know this isn't true. If they were in the same universe it would make some sense, but it would still be a logical failure since, as count Vertigo puts it, mortals have killed Gods before.
King Hercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By King Hercules

Captain Marvel has strength greater than Thor and speed that would make Thor seem as though he was not moving at all. Thor would need to don his belt that doubles his strength and cal upon all his power to just slow Captain Marvel down.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By MrDirector786

Captain Marvel is pretty much at Superman's level, only he doesn't really have any weaknesses. Captain Marvel wins.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Scourge

Captain Marvel pretty easily. The only reason why Thor has a chance when he's fighting a being like Superman is because of his magic and Thor can't use it here.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By King_Saturn
Captain Marvel will take the win here
King Hercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By King Hercules
@Fresh Prince said:
" Captain Marvel pretty easily. The only reason why Thor has a chance when he's fighting a being like Superman is because of his magic and Thor can't use it here. "
Why not? Captain Marvel has been hurt by strong magic. Especially if it's stronger than the magic that made him.
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By capall

i don't think billy wins this easily as everyone thinks, thor is still a powerhouse, it should be a good hard battle for billy
WeaponX510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By WeaponX510

The God of Thunder wins vs the guy who needs lightning to be strong

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_Scourge
@King Hercules said:

" @Fresh Prince said:

" Captain Marvel pretty easily. The only reason why Thor has a chance when he's fighting a being like Superman is because of his magic and Thor can't use it here. "
Why not? Captain Marvel has been hurt by strong magic. Especially if it's stronger than the magic that made him. "
Who's magic hurt him? Thor's magic isn't more powerful than the magic of all of the gods that created him.
Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#40  Edited By Moomin123

Billy Batson. Thor is 1 god, where as Capt. Marvel is 5 gods in 1 body.
Sleuth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Sleuth

Cap. Significant strength and speed advantage.

capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By capall
@Moomin123 said:
"Billy Batson. Thor is 1 god, where as Capt. Marvel is 5 gods in 1 body. "

has the power of 6 gods, not 5 gods in 1 body
King Hercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By King Hercules
@Fresh Prince said:
" @King Hercules said:

" @Fresh Prince said:

Why not? Captain Marvel has been hurt by strong magic. Especially if it's stronger than the magic that made him. "
Who's magic hurt him? Thor's magic isn't more powerful than the magic of all of the gods that created him. 

Those goods that empower him have no real magic. Only Zeus from which he gets the lighting. And Thor is the god of storm. It's magic that allows him to have the power of those gods. The magic of Shazam.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AtPhantom
@King Hercules said:
"
Those goods that empower him have no real magic. Only Zeus from which he gets the lighting. And Thor is the god of storm. It's magic that allows him to have the power of those gods. The magic of Shazam. "
If you are implying that he can use the lightning to depower Cap, no. Darkseid couldn't do it when he had usurped the power of all the gods on Earth.
King Hercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By King Hercules
@AtPhantom:@AtPhantom said:
" @King Hercules said:
"
Those goods that empower him have no real magic. Only Zeus from which he gets the lighting. And Thor is the god of storm. It's magic that allows him to have the power of those gods. The magic of Shazam. "
If you are implying that he can use the lightning to depower Cap, no. Darkseid couldn't do it when he had usurped the power of all the gods on Earth. "
No, because the lighting that gives him his power isn't natural and Thor controls the natural storm. My point was that Thor is also a storm-god and a being of magic. He can hurt Captain Marvel with this. He can't win because of the obvious, but I wanted to point out that Captain can be hurt by magic.
ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ThanosIsMad

Considering how Superman barely beat Thor in their fight, I think CM would barely beat Thor in this contest.  In a second fight, Thor would probably come out as the victor against Superman as was alluded to in the crossover, but Marvel, with his access to magic, would be on a better footing in a fight with Thor than Superman was, and would come out as the winner.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The_Scourge
@King Hercules: Thor can't match Captain Marvel physically. He doesn't have the strength, durability and most of all, speed to match him. Captain Marvel also won't go down because of his immunity to magic.
King Hercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By King Hercules
@Fresh Prince said:
" @King Hercules: Thor can't match Captain Marvel physically. He doesn't have the strength, durability and most of all, speed to match him. Captain Marvel also won't go down because of his immunity to magic. "
He is not immune to magic. If he was, the Spectre wouldn't have defeated him. As far as the other reasons you pointed out, I stated them as my reason why Thor can't win.
Freakazoid!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Freakazoid!

@King Hercules said:

" Those goods that empower him have no real magic. Only Zeus from which he gets the lighting. And Thor is the god of storm. It's magic that allows him to have the power of those gods. The magic of Shazam. "

All the gods have magic that power Captain Marvel

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@King Hercules said:
" @Fresh Prince said:
" @King Hercules: Thor can't match Captain Marvel physically. He doesn't have the strength, durability and most of all, speed to match him. Captain Marvel also won't go down because of his immunity to magic. "
He is not immune to magic. If he was, the Spectre wouldn't have defeated him. As far as the other reasons you pointed out, I stated them as my reason why Thor can't win. "
Are you actually bringing in the most powerful cosmic entity (and in an unbound state) in the DCU as proof of Marvel's defeat? 

That's....Amazing.