#1 Posted by papi (24 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by Taliax (493 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos would win this unbalanced contest, maybe if you put Lord Marvel up against him it would be fairer to the Big Red Cheese.

#3 Posted by claws (5060 posts) - - Show Bio

hard one i'll go with thanos

#4 Posted by Rei-Kai (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not really hard. Thanos kills his ass.

#5 Posted by claws (5060 posts) - - Show Bio

but its marvel in full power right

#6 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
claws said:
"but its marvel in full power right"
By full power you mean he has the power of the wizard? Cause other way Thanos stomps him.
#7 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
Rei-Kai said:
"It's not really hard. Thanos kills his ass."
how would he do that?
#8 Posted by claws (5060 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"claws said:
"but its marvel in full power right"
By full power you mean he has the power of the wizard? Cause other way Thanos stomps him."
really but i still voted for thanos
#9 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
the human Juggernaut said:
"how would he do that?"
And, the debate between Rei-Kai and Human Juggernaut begins...
#10 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

ill be back with popcorn

#11 Posted by King Saturn (224286 posts) - - Show Bio
I think Thanos would win... but it would be tough fight
#12 Posted by Rei-Kai (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Done
#13 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Rei-Kai said:
"
Done"
LOL. Not legit. It's from a crossover.
#14 Posted by Rei-Kai (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah but do I really need to show every scan of Thanos kicking the shit out of people better than Cap Marvel and knocking around Galactus, fighting with odin and Tyrant, stopping Mjolnir effortlessly, bitchslapping Hulk and Drax, and all that all over again?

#15 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Rei-Kai said:
"Yeah but do I really need to show every scan of Thanos kicking the shit out of people better than Cap Marvel and knocking around Galactus, fighting with odin and Tyrant, stopping Mjolnir effortlessly, bitchslapping Hulk and Drax, and all that all over again?"
Yes. It's better than showing a scan from something that's out of continuity. And, I don't think Thanos outclasses Captain marvel in strength by so much.
#16 Posted by Rei-Kai (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, he does.

#17 Posted by King Saturn (224286 posts) - - Show Bio
Rei-Kai said:
"Yeah, he does."
Well if Captain Marvel has the power of The Wizard himself I dont know about that...
#18 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Rei-Kai said:
"Yeah, he does."
Well if Captain Marvel has the power of The Wizard himself I dont know about that... "
They're talking about physical strength only. If Billy has Wizard's power he could beat Thanos.
#19 Posted by King Saturn (224286 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"King Saturn said:
"Rei-Kai said:
"Yeah, he does."
Well if Captain Marvel has the power of The Wizard himself I dont know about that... "
They're talking about physical strength only. If Billy has Wizard's power he could beat Thanos."
Either Way... my statement is fundamentally sound for the battle itself...

Also - I think you are right
#20 Posted by Rei-Kai (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

I have yet to see anything that makes Shazam seem all that great compared to what Thanos has already contended against.

#21 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
Rei-Kai said:
"I have yet to see anything that makes Shazam seem all that great compared to what Thanos has already contended against."
People say the same thing about current Thor.
#22 Posted by Rei-Kai (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Except we know what Odin has done with that power and it's been explained that Thor just hasn't fully grown into the Odinpower yet.

#23 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
Rei-Kai said:
"Except we know what Odin has done with that power and it's been explained that Thor just hasn't fully grown into the Odinpower yet."
And we know that Shazam Is capable of standing up to an unbound Spectre, Mordru, and other lords of order, and that Billy inherited all of Shazam's power.
#24 Posted by Rei-Kai (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

No, we don't really know that. And anything to do with the Spectre is suspect to scrutiny.

#25 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
Rei-Kai said:
"No, we don't really know that. And anything to do with the Spectre is suspect to scrutiny."
Yes we do, And the Spectre is under scrutiny only because you fail to acknowledge every Spectre explanation I have given you since we first debated. And then you complain when people do not acknowledge your (plentiful) Thanos explanations...
#26 Posted by Rei-Kai (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre's power levels fluctuate with how much of a dick the Presence feels like being. There has never really been a point where Spectre has been portrayed at 'full power' and nothing involving him can be taken at face value given how horribly he's been written. The one time Spectre was actually given a taste of what it really meant to be Omnipotent, he nearly lost his mind.

#27 Posted by LegendaryKYJ (1334 posts) - - Show Bio
Rei-Kai said:
"Yeah but do I really need to show every scan of Thanos kicking the shit out of people better than Cap Marvel and knocking around Galactus, fighting with odin and Tyrant, stopping Mjolnir effortlessly, bitchslapping Hulk and Drax, and all that all over again?"

No, because we've all seen them. It's ascenine to play stupid/ignorant whenever a new thread comes up, every one of the feats you've listed I can gaurantee 99.9999999% of the people on here have seen.
#28 Posted by ecsnclr (4147 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#29 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
Rei-Kai said:
"Spectre's power levels fluctuate with how much of a dick the Presence feels like being. There has never really been a point where Spectre has been portrayed at 'full power' and nothing involving him can be taken at face value given how horribly he's been written. The one time Spectre was actually given a taste of what it really meant to be Omnipotent, he nearly lost his mind."
Once again, this time please pay attention.

Spectre has had quite fluctuating power levels for most of the silver age and the whole time during the tenure of Jim Corrigan as the Spectre.

After Jim Corrigan passed away, Spectre's power levels have been quite stable. Since Day of judgement on to the present day, Spectre has been portrayed as a nigh-omnipotent force of god with very little fluctuations. This has been true for the Day of judgement, Hal Jordan-Spectre period (which was less powerful than usual, but still consistent), GL: Rebirth, Superman/Shazam: lightning strikes twice, Day of Vengeance, Countdown to mystery and now Final crisis: Revelations.

The Spectre went mad when the Source allowed him to absorb creation, because the spectre is not ment to have such wast awareness. Spectre's power is unlimited, but his function is. He has no bussiness scoping the multiverse, his job is to deal punishment to the enemies of god, and he is given unlimited power to fulfill his duty. He is the unstoppable force of the DC universe.  Another thing you must consider is that the Spectre didn't go mad, it's very human host, Jim Corrigan did.

Spectre's full power has been seen In his battles with Anti-Monitor and Parallax, both of whom are major multiverse busters.

Now the thing many don't know is that Presence doesn't actually fuel Spectre's power. Spectre is naturaly nigh-omnipotent, until Presence puts a leash on him. That's what we mean when we say unbound Spectre.

Since Green Lantern: Rebirth, when Spectre was removed from his host and became pure spirit of vengeance, he has been unbound. This was in 2004. since then he was defeated only twice, both times by the intervention of the Presence. Once when he bassicaly destroyed the whole magical universe the presence forced him into a new host. And the other, he was stripped of his power because the Presence decided that the battle with Darkseid must be decided by humans alone, and not the higher powers.

So when I say Shazam was capable of standing to an unbound Spectre in day of vengeance, that is truly a huge feat.

Don't come bitching about the spectre's power levels anymore
#30 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"Rei-Kai said:
"Spectre's power levels fluctuate with how much of a dick the Presence feels like being. There has never really been a point where Spectre has been portrayed at 'full power' and nothing involving him can be taken at face value given how horribly he's been written. The one time Spectre was actually given a taste of what it really meant to be Omnipotent, he nearly lost his mind."
Once again, this time please pay attention.

Spectre has had quite fluctuating power levels for most of the silver age and the whole time during the tenure of Jim Corrigan as the Spectre.

After Jim Corrigan passed away, Spectre's power levels have been quite stable. Since Day of judgement on to the present day, Spectre has been portrayed as a nigh-omnipotent force of god with very little fluctuations. This has been true for the Day of judgement, Hal Jordan-Spectre period (which was less powerful than usual, but still consistent), GL: Rebirth, Superman/Shazam: lightning strikes twice, Day of Vengeance, Countdown to mystery and now Final crisis: Revelations.

The Spectre went mad when the Source allowed him to absorb creation, because the spectre is not ment to have such wast awareness. Spectre's power is unlimited, but his function is. He has no bussiness scoping the multiverse, his job is to deal punishment to the enemies of god, and he is given unlimited power to fulfill his duty. He is the unstoppable force of the DC universe.  Another thing you must consider is that the Spectre didn't go mad, it's very human host, Jim Corrigan did.

Spectre's full power has been seen In his battles with Anti-Monitor and Parallax, both of whom are major multiverse busters.

Now the thing many don't know is that Presence doesn't actually fuel Spectre's power. Spectre is naturaly nigh-omnipotent, until Presence puts a leash on him. That's what we mean when we say unbound Spectre.

Since Green Lantern: Rebirth, when Spectre was removed from his host and became pure spirit of vengeance, he has been unbound. This was in 2004. since then he was defeated only twice, both times by the intervention of the Presence. Once when he bassicaly destroyed the whole magical universe the presence forced him into a new host. And the other, he was stripped of his power because the Presence decided that the battle with Darkseid must be decided by humans alone, and not the higher powers.

So when I say Shazam was capable of standing to an unbound Spectre in day of vengeance, that is truly a huge feat.

Don't come bitching about the spectre's power levels anymore
."
Wow you put the schooling down.

major props to you atphantom
#31 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
"Wow you put the schooling down.

major props to you atphantom"
Lol. Thanks : )
#32 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos wins in a stomp

#33 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
Rei-Kai said:
"It's not really hard. Thanos kills his ass."
kill his ass?
#34 Posted by Colossus666 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos by a long shot.  There is no point to arguing.

#35 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
Colossus666 said:
"Thanos by a long shot.  There is no point to arguing."
Maybe not with you.  Open up a comic with captain marvel sometime.
#36 Posted by Colossus666 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Simple and Factual, lol i like it.

#37 Posted by ellis22 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos by far

#38 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Rei-Kai said:
"Yeah, he does."
I must be sh!tting bricks then.
#39 Posted by LegendaryKYJ (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are we talking about Shazam in a Captain Marvel Vs. Thanos thread?

#40 Posted by Kyriakos (164 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#41 Posted by papi (24 posts) - - Show Bio

SHAZAM!

#42 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Capitan Marvel is not Lord Marvel, like classic Thor is not current Thor. Thanos > Capitan Marvel

#43 Posted by lordraiden (7172 posts) - - Show Bio

The Titan!

#44 Posted by Fresh Prince (5155 posts) - - Show Bio
Thanos
#45 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Thanos, but if we are talking about the New Captain Marvel (Billy) with the powers of the Wizard Shazam it would be close.

#46 Posted by King Saturn (224286 posts) - - Show Bio
Thanos would beat Captain Marvel in a decent fight
#47 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

#48 Posted by Meanstreak (415 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos the Mad Titan FTW

#49 Posted by papi_5 (494 posts) - - Show Bio
Meanstreak said:
"Thanos the Mad Titan FTW"

captain marvel
#50 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

I just have to ask. Papi and Papi 5, any relation?