Captain Marvel vs Superman

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@frozen: the first scan you showed actually proves he's capable of thinking, conversing and observing at Super speeds, otherwise if his mind was not sped up he wouldn't be able to search alongside wally.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#402 frozen  Moderator

@slimj87d: Yeah, he would have to be thinking at a much faster rate --- in his brief fight with Wonder Woman, she remarked that he was incredibly fast.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

CM

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@ancient_0f_days: The best Superman is taking is 6/10. That's because he's smarter and more experienced.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406 frozen  Moderator

@artyom: I don't think Cap could necessarily take the majority, just stalemate him.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: It'll most likely be that or CM winning IMO

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 frozen  Moderator

@artyom: Cap could win, but he would have to make Superman work. Superman would most likely take the 5.5/10 majority, because generally he is much smarter.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark

Dorimahu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411  Edited By Dorimahu

When you look at Captain Marvel vs Superman, you have to understand their history. DC will never let Captain Marvel beat Superman. The publishers of Captain Marvel lost a lawsuit which resulted in DC getting the character. In the beginning they were equal. Cap was actually more popular than Superman.

Dorimahu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412  Edited By Dorimahu

Because DC now owned someone else's flagship character, they are not going to ever allow him to be more powerful than their own. Notice how they always make Superman just a tad bit more powerful in every venue. Superman has more powers but in terms of strength they were originally equal

Bodhiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413  Edited By Bodhiguy
No Caption Provided

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414  Edited By deaditegonzo

Pre52 it was a close fight that could go either way. Id give Supes the slight edge though.

New52, it currently seems to be Superman with a huge advantage.

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bodhiguy: IIRC when they arm wrestled it was a tie. (CM used the strength of Hercules and Atlas).

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: N52 CM kinda sucks. The only good thing I can see about him is when his family transforms with him he doesn't lose any power, but thats about it.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417  Edited By XLR87T3
No Caption Provided

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#418  Edited By terry2012

They are equal. Captain Marvel will almost or always have low showing than Superman but is always equal. Superman is the golden boy of the company DC and Captain Marvel is not. Superman is the blue print of the herues (heroes) and Captain Marvel is not. If you compare the storytelling of both character which one would kids rather read Superman or Captain Marvel? Superman (although his storytelling is boring to most or the majority) his come off better than Captain Marvel. Whom make the most money for DC between the two Superman or Captain Marvel? Superman and it is probably not funny when comparing the sale between them.

Take a look at what Superman have gone up against. Guys or Ladies like Darkseid, Black Adam, Orion, Martian Manhunter, Mongul Jr, Mongul Sr., Doomsday, Brainiac, Wonder Woman, Live Wire, Parasite, Cheetah, Female Furries, Batman, Maxima, He-man (non canon I know but with his name is what Superman have gone up against), Despero, Helspont, Zod, Icon, Green Lantern, Captain Atom, and etc etc. Captain Marvel have not gone up against half of this list by himself.

Even Batman have two victory over Superman with no loses not that I know of, so correct me if I'm wrong on that one. Captain Marvel sometimes have to have help from the Marvel Family in fighting Black Adam. But on the other hand Superman have had help fighting some of them on that list while he have also fought them by himself, most of them on that list. But whom have Captain Marvel fought by himself other than Superman, Black Adam, and Wonder Woman I think? Someone please fill me in. Some of the characters on the list is hard to see Captain Marvel go up against them.

It come down to whether they want them to lose each other or not. They have always made them equal regardless of what have happened including what feats may shown otherwise. They will always be equal until some writer or writers said otherwise in the future.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@deaditegonzo said:

Pre52 it was a close fight that could go either way. Id give Supes the slight edge though.

New52, it currently seems to be Superman with a huge advantage.

Because Billy has barely appeared...

Technically I would back Shazam if he had more experience, Pre-52 The Wizard would stomp Superman, now he has the power of The Wizard but hasn't used it properly, he could matter manipulate Superman but he needs more control/experience with his powers.

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terry2012: Captain Marvel's feats are nowhere close to those of Superman.

Captain Marvel lost in Public Ennemy against Superman and the only time I remember Billy giving Superman the KO was when he was amped by Zeus and had to cheap shot him when he didn't expect it.

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Power of the Wizard? You mean Shazam? He has no feats in the New 52 and he was affected by the retcon. He might not even be as powerful as he used to be. Don't make that kind of assumptions.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@shadowhuntr said:

@frozen: Power of the Wizard? You mean Shazam? He has no feats in the New 52 and he was affected by the retcon. He might not even be as powerful as he used to be. Don't make that kind of assumptions.

It's not an assumption. Zatanna stated that his magic was powerful (considering he's been implied to be much more powerful than her). He's shown matter manipulation and new powers. He's just lacking feats.

The KO in Public Enemies was off-panel and we have no idea how it happened or whether it was a sucker punch (because Captain Marvel was last seen facing Batman before the cut).

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423  Edited By terry2012

@shadowhuntr said:

@terry2012: Captain Marvel's feats are nowhere close to those of Superman.

Captain Marvel lost in Public Ennemy against Superman and the only time I remember Billy giving Superman the KO was when he was amped by Zeus and had to cheap shot him when he didn't expect it.

I know that and I agree and I have mentioned that in my previous comment. Captain Marvel have never been shown lifting as much as Superman but in a competition or combat against each other they stalemate each other in strength. And have been said to be equal many times in comics by each other I think.

I remember that and they fought other times with no winner. It come down to what the story the writer want to tell. In that case Captain Marvel have no chance. He still think like a kid all this time. When is he going to start thinking like a man and discover other powers he may have. He is the champion of of magic. He ought be doing more than the usual power set that he have all this time. If he was thinking like a man I do not cee him using his magic word that many times for Superman to counter it and use it against him and then the fight is over. I mean they chose a kid to do a man work. So he is more than likely to spam the attack and have. You mean tell he have not learn to not do that. But that is what it is like when going up against Big Blue Boy Scout I guess. I guess it will always be the same except for in New 52.

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain marvel.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Superman.

GoriothFarcrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um, Goku can faceroll both of them in his base form...

Bodhiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bodhiguy: IIRC when they arm wrestled it was a tie. (CM used the strength of Hercules and Atlas).

@jutsomerandomkid: Superman beat Atlas and Samson at the same time at armwrestling and easily in All Star Superman. Captain Marvel goes down easy against Superman's strength alone.

Myst1que

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batdance said:
Superman takes it, Cap Marvel is too dumb to pull off a win

With the wisdom of Solomon? Please.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Shazam would use his magic he could easily win.

Mr_SmartGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These powerhouses are comicbooks heroes and the winner is the one that is intended to be. Superman, in allmost all cases, is written down to be superior in the Justice League, So therefor, he winns! Sorry for bad english

Ricardo_Torres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain marvel in a stomp

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still say Clark.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433  Edited By Rexorr

Crystal Maiden. (CM)

HULKANGRY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kal-El

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She could just absorb his heat vision and project it back at him, right?

Avatar image for khianrobinson123-456
khianrobinson123-456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is stronger than superman and hercules is as strong as thor which means hercules is stronger than superman. Captain marvel has the strength of hercules which means captain marvel is stronger than superman. Also captain marvel has the power of Zeus himself. The power of Zeus would destroy superman any day. Not only that but we all know superman is weak against magic and captain marvel is all about magic. Also, when superman and black adam fought superman was beaten but captain marvel was able to defeat black adam even though superman could not.

shakilno1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batdance: wait.... what .... is Captian marvel dumb, he has Solomon Wisdom

JimboBchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvel im gonna say

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Marvel wins, just IMO, due to the magic advantage...

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark in a close fight

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark

khianrobinson123-456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bodhiguy: This is so wrong. Thor is just about stronger than superman and hercules is just as strong as thor which means hercules is also stronger than superman. It is a known fact that captain marvel has the strength of hercules. Therefore, captain marvel is just about stronger than superman, just a little. Captain marvel would beat superman in an arm wrestle and in a fight. Also, captain marvel is smarter than superman because he has the wisdom of solomon. Not only that, but captain marvel is far more powerfull than superman because he has the power of zeus.

Avatar image for stephendavies1984
stephendavies1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread ended up becoming a superman vs thor debate.

RevivalMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has to be one of the dumbest threads I've seen here on the Battles forum. Those that said CM is too dumb to take the victory clearly know nothing about CM and the wisdom of Solomon.

CM would win, admittedly, in a very close fight. Sheerly due to the fact that he is magic. Otherwise they are practically identical in stats.

KingTPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CM rips superman apart.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447  Edited By micah007123

CM all day everyday.

khianrobinson123-456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain marvel can just sit back, relax and read a book while he slowly kills superman with his lightning. Superman has a vulnerability to magic. Also, some people on here are saying that captain marvel is dumb. He has the wisdom of solomon, he is way smarter than superman.

khianrobinson123-456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stephendavies1984: thor isn't AS powerfull as superman, he is MORE powerfull than superman. If thor had a fight with superman, thor could simply place his hammer on top of superman and he wouldn't be able to get up.

Avatar image for stephendavies1984
stephendavies1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khianrobinson123-456: I do hope that's sarcasm because in no way is thor more powerful then superman and if that is your reasoning then lol!. Thor has limits supermans power is practically limitless depending on which version. Also Yes he has a weakness to magic in the sense that it affects him as it does everyone else. But its not like kryptonite or anything.