#151 Edited by Lvenger (23300 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@russellmania77: It'd be a close match but Marvel doesn't have the speed to content with Superman. Ironic considering Superman was given more powers to compete with Captain Marvel's popularity.

What's Marvel's best speed feat, by the way?

I'm not really sure. He has some good travel feats but not many clear combat speed feats. Nothing to put him on a par with Superman anyway.

#152 Posted by GROVER (30 posts) - - Show Bio

I liek supermans custome more so i think he win everie tiem. gfg cpt marvl u suk lolo

#153 Edited by Raw_Material (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel wins via magic.

#154 Edited by GROVER (30 posts) - - Show Bio

K u superman h8ers

Wat if sperman got halp from WOLVERINE. His claws = sharpes thing in unverse, SO against captn marvel they win rite?

#155 Posted by Perpetr8rMike (623 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: What are superman's reaction and combat feats?

#156 Posted by Lvenger (23300 posts) - - Show Bio

@perpetr8rmike: At the very least hypersonic combat speed. In this scan he sets off sonic booms in his movements. And he can check every hologram out in this situation faster than a word can be spoken. He's definitely faster than that but not light.

As for reaction time he can measure the space between nanoseconds.

#157 Posted by Lvenger (23300 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: Read this:

@lvengersaid:

Seriously? That's what you're basing your claim on? One read the actual scans instead of posting them. Cap says he got lucky ie he sucker punched Superman. That's not a proper win, that's catching your foe off guard. Secondly, Cap has never, ever used that lightning punch ability in the Pre Flashpoint continuity. Never. That was a one off thing that cannot be used in deciding the outcome of this fight. But two can play at your game. Here's Superman sucker punching Captain Marvel without having to magically amp his punches. Therefore this proves Superman can beat Captain Marvel. See how flawed that sounds?

#158 Edited by Raw_Material (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Hmm, yea pretty much. Superman is clearly non resistant to magic, as shown in the scan I posted above. Here's another spoiler that will get your tail wagging and fingers typing.

Definitely was not talking about a sucker punch or anything like that. If you wanna go by strength level, CM is classified amongst the strongest, those including Superman, Hulk, and Hercules.

#159 Posted by Lvenger (23300 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Hmm, yea pretty much. Superman is clearly non resistant to magic, as shown in the scan I posted above. Here's another spoiler that will get your tail wagging and fingers typing.

...Now you're contradicting yourself. Clearly Superman isn't resistant to magic but he shrugs off CM's lightning bolts in his fight when possessed by Eclipso. I have a post about that on page 3 of this thread. Go read it.

Definitely was not talking about a sucker punch or anything like that. If you wanna go by strength level, CM is classified amongst the strongest, those including Superman, Hulk, and Hercules.

Yes you were. Cap says "I got lucky." If that's not a sucker punch, I don't know what is. Furthermore we don't get to see one of these files for Captain Marvel so you can't use this as a basis for comparing Superman and CM. There are other sources for doing so however.

What are the relevance of the last scans by the way? How do they support your point?

#160 Edited by Raw_Material (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I think you might be confusing yourself over there dude. When did I ever say this was a comparison of strength levels? Even though it's partially the main feat for both combatants and will be the backbone to this fight. And the last scans are clearly showcases that CM is able to match up to Superman's strength, like what I said before posting the scan (It's the words above the pictures bro, read it). He is shown arm wrestling Superman to a stalemate and carrying a space shuttle while receiving extremely heated temperatures from the rockets behind the shuttle. Those panels I have shown you are very relevant in this case. You are completely making no sense whatsoever, I'm sorry but it's really hard to comprehend.

#161 Edited by Raw_Material (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Lvenger and say that Superman is much more of a superior than Captain Marvel is that has the ability to defeat him. However, if the Captain had a 24 hour prep time, I think he would be able to use his magic to defeat Supes, knowing that he's vulnerable in that department. He could still find this weakness in battle, although Superman will stomp on him before he has the chance to (due to experience, superiority, knowledge, etc).

@lvenger:

#162 Edited by Lvenger (23300 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: Ooh that's an interesting consideration. I'm not too knowledgeable on CM's magical resources. I'm sure the Rock of Eternity would provide a way to beat Superman though.

#163 Edited by GROVER (30 posts) - - Show Bio

I herd admimantuim is the strongest in the universe rite? Cant it cut camptin marvel? Why doesnt supermran just use that???

#164 Posted by doubleaa54 (275 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel is far more superior to Superman. Superman is vulnerable to magical abilities, which Captain Marvel was created from. The way I look at it is this, Captain Marvel almost defeated The Spectre, who is supposedly the most powerful force in the DC Universe. Superman was man-handled by The Spectre, so? I'd say the only reason why Superman would ever defeat Captain Marvel is because he's too gullible. Captain Marvel has easily been tricked before, because of making little mistakes. But even than, that never made sense to me because Captain Marvel harnesses the wisdom of Solomon. So you would think that he wouldn't make such stupid mistakes. But, if DC didn't make him gullible, his opponents would never have a chance. I mean, Kingdom Come proved that Superman cannot defeat a grown, matured Billy Batson.

#165 Edited by GROVER (30 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF Y R U IGNORING ME WHY NOT JUST CUT HIM WITH STRONGEST METAL IN UNIVESE= ADAMIANTUIM ????

srry to yell

#166 Posted by GROVER (30 posts) - - Show Bio

no one here no wat adamtnium is or sumthin???? geize.

#167 Posted by Lvenger (23300 posts) - - Show Bio

@grover: Adamantium only exists in the Marvel universe. Superman can't use something that exists in another universe.

#168 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12677 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has better feats than Captain Marvel in every aspect, the only thing he has going for him is magic...and that's it

#169 Posted by GROVER (30 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@grover: Adamantium only exists in the Marvel universe. Superman can't use something that exists in another universe.

but then wuldnt that meaen since he never asaw it b4 he wultndt kno how to deal w\it????

#170 Edited by dondave (39917 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman ftw

#171 Posted by Lvenger (23300 posts) - - Show Bio

@grover said:

@lvenger said:

but then wuldnt that meaen since he never asaw it b4 he wultndt kno how to deal w\it????

How would either of them get adamantium in the first place? This is a random encounter and it's very ridiculous to suggest they're going to magically use a metal that exists in another universe.

#172 Posted by GROVER (30 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@grover said:

@lvenger said:

How would either of them get adamantium in the first place? This is a random encounter and it's very ridiculous to suggest they're going to magically use a metal that exists in another universe.

I meen I thot these battles were liek "random" or "hypnothetical" so y not??? Jus sayin!!

#173 Posted by Blackstaic95 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

i think it really depends on what superman we are talking about. because if its all-star superman hes fucked

#174 Posted by Sylvain (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel

#175 Edited by XiiX (10980 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has better feats than Captain Marvel in every aspect, the only thing he has going for him is magic...and that's it

#176 Posted by Blackstaic95 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

dude what about superman prime one million he's basically god

#177 Posted by maxwellturpin (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain marvel every day

#178 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12677 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain marvel every day

Wrong ... Superman has shown to be stronger and faster than Captain Marvel and more durable as well .... he's tanked magic lightning from Captain Marvel on several occasions without much trouble. Billy however has lost an arm wrestling match to Superman and his feats don't stack up to Superman's either. The only time Captain Marvel even KO'd Superman was when Superman wasn't even fighting and was getting hit by surprise magical punches. ...

#179 Edited by Jgames (2326 posts) - - Show Bio

So two person that about eben in stat, but one have the other person weakness. the only reason Captain Marvel should not win, is Superman is a better fighter, and bette feats. But Captain marvel should take the majority

#180 Edited by sync1 (3063 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has better feats....

#181 Posted by Justiceavengers69 (26 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll cut right to the chase, superman is somewhat vulnerable to magic but in at least one fight, superman has turned shazam into billy Batson. Superman wins by turning shazam back into a kid.

#182 Posted by jojjimbo (2523 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna say Cap in a tough fight.

#183 Posted by zr0c00l (858 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has done much more impressive things pre and post n52 though im lookijg forward to seeing how the jl will deal with his debut and black adam in the next few issues. Should be illuminating to the current state of their powers.

#184 Posted by Moonman78 (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

These guys are almost as close to equals as you can get, I say black Adam and Superman are better. Superman barely wins this due to versatility and better feats

#185 Edited by WALLCRAWLER (125 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel

#186 Edited by comic_book_fan (6478 posts) - - Show Bio

superman he is stronger faster and has a more versatile power set if he goes all out marvel won't touch him.

#187 Edited by LexJoker (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes win.. He isn't vulnerable to magic since he got powers from phantom stranger.. And also supes got more power than cap (dc's flagship character).

#188 Posted by Moonman78 (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, captain marvel is supposed to be stronger than superman, he is supposed to be the strongest character in DC below sfl, he has the strength of Hercules and atlas combined but, superman has much better feats since the sa so I'd say he wins this

#189 Posted by New_World_Order (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman most likely.

#190 Posted by kgb725 (9278 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap marvel has more power Supes has more fans

#191 Posted by Sundipped_Superman (291 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd go with Shazam, He should potentially be able to but down supes quite easliy.

#192 Posted by ThepowerofShazam (68 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrragepants:

They are no where near equal in speed, maybe strength but keep in mind Cap caught up to flash in the speed force. SPEED OF MERCURY

#193 Posted by Thanofleeze (4227 posts) - - Show Bio

#194 Posted by marvelfan123 (500 posts) - - Show Bio

its a 50/50 chance here

#195 Posted by Baltoro (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen older posts questioning Marvel's speed compared to Superman. Well, the Captain is actually faster than Superman...he gives Superman a headstart and still catches up to him:

#196 Edited by IheartZombies92--defunct (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

They are so close in term of feats, powers, etc., that a case can be made for either

#197 Posted by leonkarlen123 (8819 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is weak against magic. Shazam would just throw a lightning blast and he would fall down on the ground and cry.

#198 Posted by SOG7dc (10232 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@perpetr8rmike: At the very least hypersonic combat speed. In this scan he sets off sonic booms in his movements. And he can check every hologram out in this situation faster than a word can be spoken. He's definitely faster than that but not light.

As for reaction time he can measure the space between nanoseconds.

where are these from?

#199 Posted by Lvenger (23300 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I'm afraid I don't know where the first one is from, only that it's during the period when Superman's S shield was black to honour those who died in Our Worlds at War. The second is from Justice League of America #9 - The Lightning Saga, Chapter 3: Suicide which was a JLA/JSA crossover between the post 52 JLA and JSA series. And the final one is from JLA: Black Baptism. Hope this was helpful SOG!

#200 Posted by siviannyp (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is weak against magic. Shazam would just throw a lightning blast and he would fall down on the ground and cry.

this!!