Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#151  Edited By Lvenger

@lvenger said:

@russellmania77: It'd be a close match but Marvel doesn't have the speed to content with Superman. Ironic considering Superman was given more powers to compete with Captain Marvel's popularity.

What's Marvel's best speed feat, by the way?

I'm not really sure. He has some good travel feats but not many clear combat speed feats. Nothing to put him on a par with Superman anyway.

GROVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I liek supermans custome more so i think he win everie tiem. gfg cpt marvl u suk lolo

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#153  Edited By Raw_Material

Captain Marvel wins via magic.

No Caption Provided

GROVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By GROVER

K u superman h8ers

Wat if sperman got halp from WOLVERINE. His claws = sharpes thing in unverse, SO against captn marvel they win rite?

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: What are superman's reaction and combat feats?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perpetr8rmike: At the very least hypersonic combat speed. In this scan he sets off sonic booms in his movements. And he can check every hologram out in this situation faster than a word can be spoken. He's definitely faster than that but not light.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As for reaction time he can measure the space between nanoseconds.

No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material: Read this:

@lvengersaid:

Seriously? That's what you're basing your claim on? One read the actual scans instead of posting them. Cap says he got lucky ie he sucker punched Superman. That's not a proper win, that's catching your foe off guard. Secondly, Cap has never, ever used that lightning punch ability in the Pre Flashpoint continuity. Never. That was a one off thing that cannot be used in deciding the outcome of this fight. But two can play at your game. Here's Superman sucker punching Captain Marvel without having to magically amp his punches. Therefore this proves Superman can beat Captain Marvel. See how flawed that sounds?

No Caption Provided

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Raw_Material

@lvenger: Hmm, yea pretty much. Superman is clearly non resistant to magic, as shown in the scan I posted above. Here's another spoiler that will get your tail wagging and fingers typing.

No Caption Provided

Definitely was not talking about a sucker punch or anything like that. If you wanna go by strength level, CM is classified amongst the strongest, those including Superman, Hulk, and Hercules.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Hmm, yea pretty much. Superman is clearly non resistant to magic, as shown in the scan I posted above. Here's another spoiler that will get your tail wagging and fingers typing.

...Now you're contradicting yourself. Clearly Superman isn't resistant to magic but he shrugs off CM's lightning bolts in his fight when possessed by Eclipso. I have a post about that on page 3 of this thread. Go read it.

No Caption Provided

Definitely was not talking about a sucker punch or anything like that. If you wanna go by strength level, CM is classified amongst the strongest, those including Superman, Hulk, and Hercules.

Yes you were. Cap says "I got lucky." If that's not a sucker punch, I don't know what is. Furthermore we don't get to see one of these files for Captain Marvel so you can't use this as a basis for comparing Superman and CM. There are other sources for doing so however.

What are the relevance of the last scans by the way? How do they support your point?

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Raw_Material

@lvenger: I think you might be confusing yourself over there dude. When did I ever say this was a comparison of strength levels? Even though it's partially the main feat for both combatants and will be the backbone to this fight. And the last scans are clearly showcases that CM is able to match up to Superman's strength, like what I said before posting the scan (It's the words above the pictures bro, read it). He is shown arm wrestling Superman to a stalemate and carrying a space shuttle while receiving extremely heated temperatures from the rockets behind the shuttle. Those panels I have shown you are very relevant in this case. You are completely making no sense whatsoever, I'm sorry but it's really hard to comprehend.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Raw_Material

I agree with Lvenger and say that Superman is much more of a superior than Captain Marvel is that has the ability to defeat him. However, if the Captain had a 24 hour prep time, I think he would be able to use his magic to defeat Supes, knowing that he's vulnerable in that department. He could still find this weakness in battle, although Superman will stomp on him before he has the chance to (due to experience, superiority, knowledge, etc).

@lvenger:

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Lvenger

@raw_material: Ooh that's an interesting consideration. I'm not too knowledgeable on CM's magical resources. I'm sure the Rock of Eternity would provide a way to beat Superman though.

GROVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By GROVER

I herd admimantuim is the strongest in the universe rite? Cant it cut camptin marvel? Why doesnt supermran just use that???

doubleaa54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Marvel is far more superior to Superman. Superman is vulnerable to magical abilities, which Captain Marvel was created from. The way I look at it is this, Captain Marvel almost defeated The Spectre, who is supposedly the most powerful force in the DC Universe. Superman was man-handled by The Spectre, so? I'd say the only reason why Superman would ever defeat Captain Marvel is because he's too gullible. Captain Marvel has easily been tricked before, because of making little mistakes. But even than, that never made sense to me because Captain Marvel harnesses the wisdom of Solomon. So you would think that he wouldn't make such stupid mistakes. But, if DC didn't make him gullible, his opponents would never have a chance. I mean, Kingdom Come proved that Superman cannot defeat a grown, matured Billy Batson.

GROVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By GROVER

WTF Y R U IGNORING ME WHY NOT JUST CUT HIM WITH STRONGEST METAL IN UNIVESE= ADAMIANTUIM ????

srry to yell

GROVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no one here no wat adamtnium is or sumthin???? geize.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grover: Adamantium only exists in the Marvel universe. Superman can't use something that exists in another universe.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman has better feats than Captain Marvel in every aspect, the only thing he has going for him is magic...and that's it

GROVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@grover: Adamantium only exists in the Marvel universe. Superman can't use something that exists in another universe.

but then wuldnt that meaen since he never asaw it b4 he wultndt kno how to deal w\it????

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By dondave

Superman ftw

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grover said:

@lvenger said:

but then wuldnt that meaen since he never asaw it b4 he wultndt kno how to deal w\it????

How would either of them get adamantium in the first place? This is a random encounter and it's very ridiculous to suggest they're going to magically use a metal that exists in another universe.

GROVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@grover said:

@lvenger said:

How would either of them get adamantium in the first place? This is a random encounter and it's very ridiculous to suggest they're going to magically use a metal that exists in another universe.

I meen I thot these battles were liek "random" or "hypnothetical" so y not??? Jus sayin!!

Blackstaic95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think it really depends on what superman we are talking about. because if its all-star superman hes fucked

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Marvel

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By XiiX

Superman has better feats than Captain Marvel in every aspect, the only thing he has going for him is magic...and that's it

Blackstaic95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dude what about superman prime one million he's basically god

maxwellturpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain marvel every day

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain marvel every day

Wrong ... Superman has shown to be stronger and faster than Captain Marvel and more durable as well .... he's tanked magic lightning from Captain Marvel on several occasions without much trouble. Billy however has lost an arm wrestling match to Superman and his feats don't stack up to Superman's either. The only time Captain Marvel even KO'd Superman was when Superman wasn't even fighting and was getting hit by surprise magical punches. ...

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#179  Edited By Jgames

So two person that about eben in stat, but one have the other person weakness. the only reason Captain Marvel should not win, is Superman is a better fighter, and bette feats. But Captain marvel should take the majority

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By sync1

Superman has better feats....

Avatar image for justiceavengers69
Justiceavengers69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll cut right to the chase, superman is somewhat vulnerable to magic but in at least one fight, superman has turned shazam into billy Batson. Superman wins by turning shazam back into a kid.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna say Cap in a tough fight.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman has done much more impressive things pre and post n52 though im lookijg forward to seeing how the jl will deal with his debut and black adam in the next few issues. Should be illuminating to the current state of their powers.

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These guys are almost as close to equals as you can get, I say black Adam and Superman are better. Superman barely wins this due to versatility and better feats

WALLCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By WALLCRAWLER

Captain Marvel

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By comic_book_fan

superman he is stronger faster and has a more versatile power set if he goes all out marvel won't touch him.

LexJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By LexJoker

Supes win.. He isn't vulnerable to magic since he got powers from phantom stranger.. And also supes got more power than cap (dc's flagship character).

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, captain marvel is supposed to be stronger than superman, he is supposed to be the strongest character in DC below sfl, he has the strength of Hercules and atlas combined but, superman has much better feats since the sa so I'd say he wins this

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman most likely.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap marvel has more power Supes has more fans

Avatar image for sundipped_superman
Sundipped_Superman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd go with Shazam, He should potentially be able to but down supes quite easliy.

Avatar image for thepowerofshazam
ThepowerofShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrragepants:

They are no where near equal in speed, maybe strength but keep in mind Cap caught up to flash in the speed force. SPEED OF MERCURY

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

marvelfan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its a 50/50 chance here

Baltoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen older posts questioning Marvel's speed compared to Superman. Well, the Captain is actually faster than Superman...he gives Superman a headstart and still catches up to him:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

They are so close in term of feats, powers, etc., that a case can be made for either

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Superman is weak against magic. Shazam would just throw a lightning blast and he would fall down on the ground and cry.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@lvenger said:

@perpetr8rmike: At the very least hypersonic combat speed. In this scan he sets off sonic booms in his movements. And he can check every hologram out in this situation faster than a word can be spoken. He's definitely faster than that but not light.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As for reaction time he can measure the space between nanoseconds.

No Caption Provided

where are these from?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I'm afraid I don't know where the first one is from, only that it's during the period when Superman's S shield was black to honour those who died in Our Worlds at War. The second is from Justice League of America #9 - The Lightning Saga, Chapter 3: Suicide which was a JLA/JSA crossover between the post 52 JLA and JSA series. And the final one is from JLA: Black Baptism. Hope this was helpful SOG!

siviannyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is weak against magic. Shazam would just throw a lightning blast and he would fall down on the ground and cry.

this!!