Captain Marvel vs Superman

Dcooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dcooks

Why do people say Captain Marvel beats Superman in fights ,but on the Justice League it was quite the opposite.
Leave what u think and who would end up winning this fight.

Taliax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Taliax

Superman would not be allowed to lose on a mainstream TV cartoon. He is the face of DC. In the Comics though he gets beat up by a lot of people; Darkseid, Despero, Cythonna, Orion, Wonder Woman, captain Marvel, etc.

He would never lose on the Justice League cartoon though. His Fans would cry.

Chrome Zillion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Chrome Zillion

Who said this?

lobovi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lobovi

Because in the cartoons Superman is the main hero. So he can't loose the fight. But there are other heros and villians that made him look like a kid in detention. Plus the fact that Captain Marvel is some what a God. Just read Kingdom Come and you can see that Captain Marvel was beatin the crap out of him.

Triumphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Triumphant

Cap ftw here

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By SUNMAN

Captain Marvel would win, in large part due to his magic

"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By "Colossus"

Captain marvel had superman screaming with his lightning

Now if captain marvel fights him again and was serious he win IMO

BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BatDance
Superman takes it, Cap Marvel is too dumb to pull off a win
tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By tensor

first of in kingdom come when supes got serious he grab marvel by the neck before he says shazam an then an there the fight was over cause he was back to a kid an supes could have killed him

"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By "Colossus"
@tensor said:
" first of in kingdom come when supes got serious he grab marvel by the neck before he says shazam an then an there the fight was over cause he was back to a kid an supes could have killed him "
how the hell does that mean supes could have killed him? if marvel actually held superman with enough strength he could of killed supes with enough blast.
kingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kingbatman
@BatDance said:
" Superman takes it, Cap Marvel is too dumb to pull off a win "

finally someone is smart
King_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Thor

DC politics.  That's all. 

Captain Marvel's powers are magically based.  He should beat Superman every day of the week and twice on Sunday.  Captain Marvel totally jobs to Supes.  As does anyone, in or outside, of the DC universe.

batosaims_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By batosaims_

Captain Marvel has more wins over Superman then any other hero

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Baldy
@King_Thor said:
" DC politics.  That's all.  Captain Marvel's powers are magically based.  He should beat Superman every day of the week and twice on Sunday.  Captain Marvel totally jobs to Supes.  As does anyone, in or outside, of the DC universe. "
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xan84
@King_Thor said:

"DC politics.  That's all.  Captain Marvel's powers are magically based.  He should beat Superman every day of the week and twice on Sunday.  Captain Marvel totally jobs to Supes.  As does anyone, in or outside, of the DC universe. "

This is stupid, just because someone has vulnerability to magic doesn't mean a 100% win for CM. Also nowadays Superman vulnerability to magic is not that big as it used to be.

Going by this logic if i got a knife and i attack anyone (even a master karate guy) its a win for me because that guy has a vulnerability to knifes ... Also Superman has some other advantages vs Marvel that make up for the magic, starting with the fact that his a grown man fighting a kid ...

gobstakid777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gobstakid777

Marvel ftw

Raver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Raver
@Xan said:

" @King_Thor said:

"DC politics.  That's all.  Captain Marvel's powers are magically based.  He should beat Superman every day of the week and twice on Sunday.  Captain Marvel totally jobs to Supes.  As does anyone, in or outside, of the DC universe. "

This is stupid, just because someone has vulnerability to magic doesn't mean a 100% win for CM. Also nowadays Superman vulnerability to magic is not that big as it used to be.

Going by this logic if i got a knife and i attack anyone (even a master karate guy) its a win for me because that guy has a vulnerability to knifes ... Also Superman has some other advantages vs Marvel that make up for the magic, starting with the fact that his a grown man fighting a kid ...

"
In the form of Captain Marvel Billy possesses the knowledge of the ages. He is anything but stupid.

You analogy partially works. It doesn't matter how skilled a karate master is because he can still be killed if you stab him.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Baldy
@Xan said:
" @King_Thor said:

"
They've always been portrayed as virtually equal. The magic vulnerability tips the balance.

A more logical comparison would be if you were a martial arts master with a knife and you were fighting a martial arts master without one, you'd win most of the time. Too be honest it's probabaly not a stomp, but I'm thinking Marvel wins 7/10.
WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By WW-Fan

Sups will win

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20  Edited By MrDirector786

Captain Marvel wins more often but it's mainly due to Superman's vulnerability to magic. Current Superman with no such vulnerability could make it go either way with no tip in the balance.

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xan84
@Raver said:
"@Xan said:

" @King_Thor said:

"
In the form of Captain Marvel Billy possesses the knowledge of the ages. He is anything but stupid.  You analogy partially works. It doesn't matter how skilled a karate master is because he can still be killed if you stab him. "

His got wisdom or whatever its called buy his still a KID, a little KID. Superman could also win like his done it before, moving out of the lighting bolt just in time and letting it hit Marvel.
grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By grimreaper1980

this is a tough one to call, due to cap's magic abilities, he can hurt superman, where as superman's powers (strength, speed, flight, toughness), are equal to captain marvel's. seeing as how captain marvel isn't as invulnerable as superman, and superman isn't impervious to magic, it's like 2 kryptonians fighting each other. i think it just depends on who has the better day

SilverSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SilverSentry
Neither
No Caption Provided
He slaughters both of them . That or Captain Marvel FTW
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By Supreme Marvel
"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By "Colossus"
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FinalStar86
@"Colossus": lol
the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By the darknessss

supes is better cause his eyes arent like piss holes in the snow,supes win.
tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tensor

supes win

Avatar image for greenlantern555
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GreenLantern555

Okay listen, just because Supes is "vulnerable to magic" doesn't mean that it hurts him as bad lets say, I don't know, Kryptonite does! He is vulnerable to magic just as much as magic would be to you or me. With a hero who has 1327589415 powers they have to balance it out at least by putting something that can be called a "weakness." He has overcome magic before and if he wanted, he could do it again here.

CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CylonDorado
@Taliax said:

"Superman would not be allowed to lose on a mainstream TV cartoon. He is the face of DC. In the Comics though he gets beat up by a lot of people; Darkseid, Despero, Cythonna, Orion, Wonder Woman, captain Marvel, etc. He would never lose on the Justice League cartoon though. His Fans would cry."

Superman was beaten down by Wonder Woman on that show once, so that's not the problem. 

Not the best quality video, but still.
BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BattleMage
@kingbatman said:
" @BatDance said:
finally someone is smart "
lol
BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BattleMage

Anyway I'll take Cap on this one.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ms__omega

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By daak1212
@Taliax said:
"Superman would not be allowed to lose on a mainstream TV cartoon. He is the face of DC. In the Comics though he gets beat up by a lot of people; Darkseid, Despero, Cythonna, Orion, Wonder Woman, captain Marvel, etc. He would never lose on the Justice League cartoon though. His Fans would cry."

He did die in the "Death Of superman"  I guess it would be apporpreiate for him to die because it is called what it is but they could have completly discredited the comic and made Superman win the fight against DoomsDay and go out to a resturaunt and choke on a hamsandwich and die.  Actually I would like to see the hamsandwhich death.
Suggs44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Suggs44

Captain Marvel

galanoftaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By galanoftaa

Captain marvel 

Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Achilles.

cap

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Crom-Cruach

The only real difference between Marvel and Superman powerwise besides lightning versus eye rays is that Marvel's powers are magic based and Superman's are biological. Beyond that their feats are comparable.

Superman has a lot more experience, but Marvel has the wisdom provided by his powers. By all, accounts this should just mean a slight advantage on Marvel's part, that is all.

That said, people totally don't understand Superman versus magic. It's not that he's vulnerable to magic (as that means he has a special weakness against it) rather he has no special immunity to it and his resistance to it depends on his physical attributes and characteristics.

In effect Superman is a lot more resistant to magic then 99% of the DC universe simply because his kryptonian physiology give him insane capabilities.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By cascadeking09
@Crom-Cruach:  I had my mind made up at first, but now Im not sure.
MrRagePants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MrRagePants
@BatDance said:
Wisdom of Solomon is dumb?

Anyway, Cap Marvel (Shazam) will win with no PIS. They are even on STR and Speed. But Superman is susceptible to magic. The only reason Superman wins is his fan boy's tears will drown the earth, DC is avoiding this catastrophe.
Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41  Edited By Amegashita

Captain Marvel versus Superman is a tie about, 100% of the time.
Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Superguy1591
@King_Thor: Right... Supes would pwn Thor. 
Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Superguy1591

I love both, but Cap wins 6/10 times.  

Superman and Cap'n are equals in strength, speed, endurance, vulnerability, etc... 

Supes would win 4 of ten because Cap'n is still Billy. Cap'n is still as immature as Billy, while Superman is smart enough to beat people that would destroy him by out smarting them. Cap'n wins the majority only because of Superman's discomfort towards magic. 

wallywest55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By wallywest55

I agree with u  superguy1591 the only thing im going to add is that Captain Marvel is magic based. And superman is weak to magic. SO Captain marvel should and does win most if not all of the time. Well He should anyhow. The reason why a lot of the times its a tie is bc people cant take one of the cheatest superhores of all time getting beat. they cant have it. Honestly Captain Marvel wins hands down 9 times out of 10. And thats me being nice. =D

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Superguy1591

@Taliax: Wrong! Superman is 1-1-1 against Darkseid in DCAU. He won the first fight, he tied in the second because Batman pulled him away and he lost when Darkseid came back fused with Brainiac. WW beat Superman when they fought. Sure, Superman went on defense when they were fighting because he found out he was fighting Diana while Diana was going all out, but he still lost.  

Ans Superman never fought the others in DCAU.  

The Superman and Cap'n fight only went the way it went because Superman had to destroy Luthor's city and look like a vigilante. It has nothing to do with Superman. 

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Superguy1591
@wallywest55: Superman isn't weak against magic, he's not super against it. He won't dominate Cap'n because of Marvel's magic, but he can hold his own. 
X-23_2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By X-23_2513

Captian Marvel wins
Avatar image for theshadowhunter
TheShadowHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheShadowHunter
@starfox said:
" Because in the cartoons Superman is the main hero. So he can't loose the fight. But there are other heros and villians that made him look like a kid in detention. Plus the fact that Captain Marvel is some what a God. Just read Kingdom Come and you can see that Captain Marvel was beatin the crap out of him. "
KC = Not canon. Captain Marvel NEVER won against Superman. You think that using like cheap shots gives you a win? Wow! Captain Marvel once had to cheap shot Superman and CM was powered by Zeus! That's funny!
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Static Shock

Captain Marvel has defeated Superman before, but that was Pre-Crisis, IIRC. Don't think it really counts, at this point.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Static Shock
@Crom-Cruach:  I think that Superman's resistance to magic fluctuates from writer to writer. It sometimes gives off the idea that Superman's ability to resist depends on the type of magic used against him.