#1 Posted by TifaLockhart (14157 posts) - - Show Bio

Both Post-Crisis but pre-Countdown to Final Crisis.

Basically, classic (but not pre-Crisis) versions of both. Who, and more importantly, why?

#2 Posted by demifiend (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

darkseid

#3 Posted by XLR87T3 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

If Superman can wreck his face up by speedblitzing him(in the movie Superman/Batman: Apocolypse), Billy boy would do it easier.

#4 Posted by TifaLockhart (14157 posts) - - Show Bio

First off, that's not canon for the comics. Second, once Darkseid landed a tag, Superman was in trouble. Third, the Kryptonians won by BFR.

#5 Posted by AquaDCman (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends. I'm sure Darkside would win in the end but Marvel would let him have it. I don't know, when Sups gets pissed he's powerful. Just manginess Marvel.

#6 Posted by XLR87T3 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: No wonder Darkseid is called "Jobberseid"- he jobbers way too much.

#7 Posted by TifaLockhart (14157 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, yes he does. Apokolips Now was a major jobfest and an insult to Jack Kirby. One instance of Superman beating Darkseid in a fair fight and suddenly Darkseid loses all respect, all his rep, and no matter how much his overall career was excellent, people view him as a joke.

I don't believe in PISing away showings, but Superman did what the Spectre could not. Totally bad writing.

#8 Posted by chriconz123 (582 posts) - - Show Bio

Without all the PIS and jobbing issues. Darkseid shouldn't really be losing to guys like Supes. Darkseid truly wins.

#9 Posted by NeonNemesis (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel wins until DC decides to write Darkseid like they should.
#10 Posted by Saren (25055 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid, if he doesn't job and uses all his powers.

Moderator Online
#11 Posted by MrDirector786 (43641 posts) - - Show Bio

@XLR87T3 said:

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: No wonder Darkseid is called "Jobberseid"- he jobbers way too much.

Darkseid is not a jobber. I don't know how many times I've had to tell people this. All his low showings are out of context or just bad writing.

#12 Posted by ChompOnThis12589 (123 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid stomps.

#13 Posted by beatboks1 (7513 posts) - - Show Bio

@XLR87T3 said:

If Superman can wreck his face up by speedblitzing him(in the movie Superman/Batman: Apocolypse), Billy boy would do it easier.

Even if what your referring to was canon (which it isn't) how would that make it "easier" for Billy. By your own statement Supe's won by speed blitz and cap is Slower than Supes.

Darkseid wins unless poorly written.

#14 Posted by MrDirector786 (43641 posts) - - Show Bio

@XLR87T3 said:

If Superman can wreck his face up by speedblitzing him(in the movie Superman/Batman: Apocolypse), Billy boy would do it easier.

Afterwards, Darkseid grabbed Superman's face and started blasted him with his omega beams until Supergirl opened a boom tube, distracting him so Superman then knocked him through. And prior to that, Darkseid had already been fighting Supergirl and beat the crap out of her. So even going by that animated movie, which isn't even canon, Darkseid is more powerful than Superman.

#15 Posted by King Saturn (225029 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkseid should be able to defeat Captain Marvel 
Online
#16 Posted by Dex_Starr (4754 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeonNemesis said:

Captain Marvel wins until DC decides to write Darkseid like they should.

And how should they write him? Because Darkseid usually manhandles characters on Captain Marvel's level. And before you even think about saying the word "Superman" know that Darkseid has twice as many wins over Superman then he does losses.

#17 Posted by God_Spawn (38288 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkeseid

Moderator
#18 Posted by Hoboseid (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

@XLR87T3 said:

If Superman can wreck his face up by speedblitzing him(in the movie Superman/Batman: Apocolypse), Billy boy would do it easier.

Pre Crisis is Skyfather, the new Darkseid was always a bit of a fool

.

.

.

#19 Posted by TifaLockhart (14157 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't follow how those scans support the claim that Post-C Darkseid was a fool.

#20 Posted by Hoboseid (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre Crisis is a Skyfather and could handle multiple Justice League members, Superman during the Pre Crisis years was also ridiculously powerful like moving planets with ease, out running Flash, and eating nova like they were nothing yet Darkseid beat him down like a little punk

Post Crisis is a fool in comparison, he's become a punchbag for the JLA

#21 Posted by Dex_Starr (4754 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

I don't follow how those scans support the claim that Post-C Darkseid was a fool.

Look at his name, he's obviously a troll.

#22 Posted by TifaLockhart (14157 posts) - - Show Bio

When did Pre-Crisis Darkseid ever fight Pre-Crisis Superman? Also, when did Darkseid lose to the League and how?

#23 Posted by NeonNemesis (350 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hohenheim_of_light said:

@NeonNemesis said:

Captain Marvel wins until DC decides to write Darkseid like they should.

And how should they write him? Because Darkseid usually manhandles characters on Captain Marvel's level. And before you even think about saying the word "Superman" know that Darkseid has twice as many wins over Superman then he does losses.


Like they did in GDS for example, and speaking on Superman, there's a reason DS threads tend to go into the "what's canon and what's not" way, or "that was PIS or bad writing" routes 
 
I'll give credit to the versions that deserve it, don't ask me to give to the ones that don't.
#24 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Darkseid, if he doesn't job and uses all his powers.
#25 Posted by Dex_Starr (4754 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeonNemesis said:

@Hohenheim_of_light said:

@NeonNemesis said:

Captain Marvel wins until DC decides to write Darkseid like they should.

And how should they write him? Because Darkseid usually manhandles characters on Captain Marvel's level. And before you even think about saying the word "Superman" know that Darkseid has twice as many wins over Superman then he does losses.

Like they did in GDS for example, and speaking on Superman, there's a reason DS threads tend to go into the "what's canon and what's not" way, or "that was PIS or bad writing" routes I'll give credit to the versions that deserve it, don't ask me to give to the ones that don't.

I don't have to pull the PIS card on any of those fights, because there are legitimate and solid reasons for each fight, like in Superman Batman 13 where both Wonder Woman and Supergirl saved Supes and he received a massive powerup from the sun. He won but there were circumstances. You don't have to give credit to Darkseid if you don't want to but to say he doesn't deserve it shows me that you know little about the character outside of some tussles with Superman.

#26 Posted by beatboks1 (7513 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

When did Pre-Crisis Darkseid ever fight Pre-Crisis Superman? Also, when did Darkseid lose to the League and how?

I'd assume they're referring to JLA 183(or 4) and the following issue. It was a crossover between JLA, JSA and teh New god's (so hardly the JLA winning on their own)

#27 Posted by XLR87T3 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrDirector786: I'm assuming Darkseid is weaker than Thanos because Thanos would NEVER lose to people on Superman's level, while it is actually possible to beat up Darkseid with alot of effort

#28 Edited by demifiend (3562 posts) - - Show Bio
@XLR87T3 said:

@MrDirector786: I'm assuming Darkseid is weaker than Thanos because Thanos would NEVER lose to people on Superman's level, while it is actually possible to beat up Darkseid with alot of effort

are you sure... ¬¬
#29 Posted by TifaLockhart (14157 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, cause all Thanos losses get retconned into being clones. I don't know about you, but getting pounded on by Ka-Zar and losing to Squirrel Girl and getting chumped by Gamora in hand to hand (except he fired energy blasts) are more embarrassing than losing to Superman.

#30 Posted by ShadowKing (864 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid STOMPS...

#31 Posted by chtri001 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: First off, that's not canon for the comics.

Well, to be fair, there is no cannon. I don't think Darkseid has even appeared yet in the New 52. The movies may not be cannon, but at this point, neither are any of his previous comic appearances.

#32 Posted by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

@XLR87T3 said:

If Superman can wreck his face up by speedblitzing him(in the movie Superman/Batman: Apocolypse), Billy boy would do it easier.

I would like to see CapMarvel fight Nu52 Darkseid

#33 Posted by XLR87T3 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

@Charlie_Jade: That battle will be legendary!

#34 Edited by BlackWind (7174 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrDirector786: Funny how people like Byrne respect Jack Kirby's creations so much he was willing to make Etrigan stop rhyming because he thought it was ruining a Kirby creation(Kirby thought the rhyming was a good improvement I hear) yet he thinks Superman should actually be a match for Darkseid.

@Hoboseid said:

Pre Crisis is a Skyfather and could handle multiple Justice League members, Superman during the Pre Crisis years was also ridiculously powerful like moving planets with ease, out running Flash, and eating nova like they were nothing yet Darkseid beat him down like a little punk

Post Crisis is a fool in comparison, he's become a punchbag for the JLA

Exactly as he should be. As leader of the Apokoliptian gods, Darkseid should be written as a real Skyfather.

#35 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Darkseid, if he doesn't job and uses all his powers.