Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fetts

Rules: 
-Random encounter 
-Morals on 
-Fordo has his dual DC-17 blaster pistols and his electrifying wrist cord. Guri has a blaster pistol. 
-They start 15 feet away from each other. 
-Fight takes place on Polis Massa. 

No Caption Provided
 vs 
No Caption Provided
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Silver2467

Guri is too fast for him.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Guri is a droid with superhuman speed and strength. Fordo is only a clone, who aren't really much better than normal soldiers - just better trained and more loyal. ARCs are stronger than soldiers, and - again - more disciplined, but nowhere near superhuman. Even the Nulls - the creme de la creme - were peak human at the very best. 

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Silver2467
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Silver2467 said:
@JediXMan said: 
I refuse to read Traviss books.  

I know. But I don't know if you'll have a real problem. There are no big names for Traviss to weaken. Just small-time padawans and knights. And in fairness, the Jedi at that time had been spoiled by a millennium of peace. They really wouldn't know what to do with a war. Only thing you might not like is the philosophy discussions, which I didn't mind - I've mentioned to you that I thought the Jedi Council of that era were hypocritical.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Silver2467
@JediXMan said:
@Silver2467 said:
@JediXMan said: 
I refuse to read Traviss books.  

I know. But I don't know if you'll have a real problem. There are no big names for Traviss to weaken. Just small-time padawans and knights. And in fairness, the Jedi at that time had been spoiled by a millennium of peace. They really wouldn't know what to do with a war. Only thing you might not like is the philosophy discussions, which I didn't mind - I've mentioned to you that I thought the Jedi Council of that era were hypocritical.
I have heard quite a few details about the RC series where Jedi did very un-Jedi-like things; for instance, a Jedi forcibly removing an infant/potential Jedi initiate from his parents. Jedi never do that. They ask, and if the parents/guardians of the infant refuse, they leave. Now, you can correct me if that never actually occurred. See, the problem I have with Traviss is that she openly and admittedly despises Jedi philosophy, but to prove her own point about how "evil" they are, she has to write them uncharacteristically in her own books, which is a rather circular method of demonizing a particular sect. 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Silver2467

That I cannot recall. The closest thing was that Etain wondered what her parents were like or how her life would have been different. Something like that. In fairness, there was a time during the New Sith Wars when the Jedi were desperate to recruit children and simply put a weapon in their hands to fight the Sith. But, no, I do not recall that. Now the clone children - their crappy childhoods typically hold the spotlight.

But Traviss does show that it is odd for the Jedi to have what is basically a slave army. It stems from anger due to how the Nulls were treated as children.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Silver2467
@JediXMan said:

But Traviss does show that it is odd for the Jedi to have what is basically a slave army. It stems from anger due to how the Nulls were treated as children.

So I've heard, and this is a completely ridiculous way to look at it. The Jedi never issued the order to have a clone army; Dooku and Palpatine did. And anyone who has read Republic, the AotC novel, or multiple other sources would know that the Jedi had reservations about how the clones were being used. They also demonstrated considerable concern for how the clones would integrate themselves into a normal life after the war was over, because they wanted the clones to be given a leave of service afterward since they felt their existence was unfair to them. As well, the only chance the clones had of ever gaining a standard lifestyle was to serve with the Jedi first, because otherwise they would be left on Kamino and possibly sold to another potential buyer, one who may not regard them with the same care the Jedi did. Furthermore, the decision of employing a clone army was out of their hands anyway. Whether the Jedi agreed to it or not, Palpatine would have done so anyway since that was a fundamental part of his plan, and to be honest, the clones' general attitude about their fighting in the war was that of adherence to the idea, not of revulsion. If the Jedi decided against fighting alongside the clones, the Separatists would have quickly overwhelmed the Republic. Using the clones in the war was not a sign of corruption on the Jedi's part, as Traviss enjoys spouting off about (she has even equated them with Nazis for that very reason); it was a sign of the Sith's manipulation.