TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@keenko said:

Star-Lord.

What does Star-Lord have in his arsenal of standard gear to suggest that he could get through the Cold Field?

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Doesn't the cold field only affect flash because of the speed force, if so a non speed force user should have a better chance.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@army2442 said:

Doesn't the cold field only affect flash because of the speed force, if so a non speed force user should have a better chance.

No - the Cold Field is in no way connected to the Speed Force.

It has an impact on anything & everything that attempts to pass through it - Cold's used it to slow down Flash, stop bullets, and prevent himself from being hit in H2H combat.

Star Lord isn't going to get through a field of Absolute Zero that stops any & all particle motion - neither him nor his weapons have the speed to even try.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: what about Star Lords element gun

From the things I've seen it do - and all the Star Lord feats I've ever seen [ none, because nobody ever posts Star Lord feats which is upsetting ] then no - it won't have much of an effect.

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Army2442

If the cold field effects everyone then why are the rogues not affected by the cold field even when they are in close proximity?

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@army2442 said:

If the cold field effects everyone then why are the rogues not affected by the cold field even when they are in close proximity?

Cold doesn't always have his field up - plus he can control it's radius.

Sometimes it's a personal field - other times it's a very wide bubble.

Also - it helps if you tag me in your comment if you want me to actually see your questions.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: if he fights ice with fire I'm sure he could do some damage, plus Star Lord is in outer space majorly and isn't it close to absolute zero in space?

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: if he fights ice with fire I'm sure he could do some damage, plus Star Lord is in outer space majorly and isn't it close to absolute zero in space?

Fire wouldn't do anything against it - the Cold Field isn't actual ice or anything like that. It's not like Fire Lord could melt it, plus Cold's gone toe to toe with Heatwave [ during the Rogues War ] and the blasts from Heatwave's flamethrower didn't do anything to Cold's shots, and Heatwave's flames are hot enough to melt Flash's frictionproof boots.

Outer Space varies in temperature depending on where you are - but it's not absolute zero at any point of it, and being close to absolute zero and being AT absolute zero are two very different things.

All particle motion stops at absolute zero - I believe it's actually theoretically impossible for us to reach Absolute Zero in the real world.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: well, with his suit and upgrades I potentially see Star Lord as someone who could definitrly take Cold out. It matters who has the first shot off here and that's going to be Star Lord.

His Element Guns' power is one with his will power and it's at the speed of thought, he could fire a disintegrating fire shot (or water ground lightning air) and I'm not sure how Cold could do anything about that. Hell, the fire shot itself blew apart a Ariguan War Ship

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140735/3586495-5317790323-IMG_1.png

It has melted through steel doors and blew people away with high speed winds, I'm sure many elements are better than one

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: well, with his suit and upgrades I potentially see Star Lord as someone who could definitrly take Cold out. It matters who has the first shot off here and that's going to be Star Lord.

His Element Guns' power is one with his will power and it's at the speed of thought, he could fire a disintegrating fire shot (or water ground lightning air) and I'm not sure how Cold could do anything about that. Hell, the fire shot itself blew apart a Ariguan War Ship

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140735/3586495-5317790323-IMG_1.png

It has melted through steel doors and blew people away with high speed winds, I'm sure many elements are better than one

It doesn't matter if Star Lord gets the first shot - nothing he has can get through the Cold Field, you can't just blast through or melt through Absolute Zero - it'll stop the instant it hits the field.

Cold's shields are too much in this scenario - Star Lord's attacks get halted the moment they hit the field, and Cold can get the field up in time.

If Cold was without his field for the entire fight - Star Lord would probably take a majority, but with the field Cold is too much.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: can show me the cold field feats? I don't know much about him. He's a character I wanna start reading about and maybe a list of what Captain Cold stories are awesome?

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: I'd love to - I'm actually working on a respect thread that I hope to finish within the next two weeks.

Captain Cold Recommended Reading

• The Flash V2 Wonderland Arc [ Issues 164 - 169 ]
  • The Flash V2 Rogue War Arc [ Issues 218 - 225 ]
  • Final Crisis: Rogues Revenge [ Issues 1 - 3 ]
  • Flashpoint: Citizen Cold [ Issues 1 - 3 ]
  • Blackest Night: Flash [ Issue 1 - 3 ]

Those are the KEY issues and major appearances for Captain Cold in the Pre 52.

For New 52 he has few appearances - and he doesn't do all that much.

Captain Cold - Cold Field Feats

No Caption Provided

Scan Explained: This Gotham punk had been given Cold's gear by Penguin IIRC and was told to become the leader of the "New Rogues" but the old Rogue weren't having none of it. Cold puts of his field and instantly stops the punch when it makes contact with the field - even freezing some of the arm further down. Cold then shatters it instantly.

No Caption Provided

Scan Explained: Cold made a more personal field this time around that prevented the Tinkerer's wires from getting to him & turning him into a machine type thing - which was the fate of anyone who was touched by them.

Scans Explained: Cold explains his Cold Field to Flash.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By nickthedevil

@thetruebarryallen: can show me the cold field feats? I don't know much about him. He's a character I wanna start reading about and maybe a list of what Captain Cold stories are awesome?

They stop all molecular movement by sapping them of their kinetic energy.

If you want some stories, I can point you to quite a few.
Flash V2 182 is where you want to start. After that, Flash 183-191, and then some Rogue War, starting at Flash 220. Try Blackest night Flash miniseries and Rogue's Revenge too, a Final Crisis mini.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: @thetruebarryallen: thank you both very much, someone who deals with Flash all the time probably has answers for everything lol ill definitely get to reading though guys! Thank you

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: @thetruebarryallen: thank you both very much, someone who deals with Flash all the time probably has answers for everything lol ill definitely get to reading though guys! Thank you

Yup.

But I did forget to mention a nother Cold favorite of mine: Catwoman V3 issue 21 is a fun read by Bruebaker.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#26 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Element gun on water setting. Water hits cold field and freezes. Traps Cold in his own field.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Element gun on water setting. Water hits cold field and freezes. Traps Cold in his own field.

*puts both hands to head and makes pshhhh sound as hands flare out and open*

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Bump

ALLCAPS_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ALLCAPS_34

Quill

Drew_Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

C.Cold 7/10.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#32 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@trebean: enough to get by. And we all know how much physics matter in comics. Like absolute zero fields...

Do you actually have anything to add to the discussion, or just rehashed memes?

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who thinks that Star Lord wins this has been obviously distracted by Chris Pratt's rockin' abs because there is no reason why he stands a chance. Cold is by far the fastest gun in comics so he always shoots first. His gun can kill everyone up to but not including a Flash. In addition, his Cold Field just makes him immune to most forms of attack.

Many people think the Cold Gun is just a gun but it really is an Absolute Zero Field generator that can be focused into a blast.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cold

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Cold just outdraws him, the field will not matter.

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cold is actually a high end energy manipulator or his gun is (depending on the version of Capt Cold we're talking about).

He just focuses on the lower end of the of spectrum but make no mistake he isn't shooting out ice or has anything to do with ice.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

SL has better physicals, versatility, and a little tech. but colds gun aint no joke. id give it to Quill

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SL

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Apocalypse.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snart

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apocalypse.

False.

Dr. Doom drains everyone.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: marcel comics don't work like that in absoulate zero hulk has moved through, Thor has and even wolverine vs bobby one time

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: absolute zero is absolute zero, mate.

Cold's stopped Superboy dead in his tracks with it. I believe you have that scan. Star Lord is easy pickings in comparison.

Do you have the scan of Snart using his cold gun to form a shield to protect him from Weather Wizard's lightning? (I have it if you don't)

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: I lost a lot of my scans when my laptop got a factory reset. I have them all on an external hard drive but for some reason I can't access the hard drive.

It's a major bummer and once winter break hits I'm goin through and screenshotting it all again so I have them once more :3

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: I lost a lot of my scans when my laptop got a factory reset. I have them all on an external hard drive but for some reason I can't access the hard drive.

It's a major bummer and once winter break hits I'm goin through and screenshotting it all again so I have them once more :3

Alright, sweet

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By trebean

@jloneblackheart:

Except, yeah they still do, how exactly will the water stop him? Yeah they'll freeze the exact moment they touch field, but their molecules will be frozen to the very core that the kinetic energy generated would simply disappear, they're not getting to Cold. Cold can simply just shatter it like he did to the Fake Cold's arm. I'm assuming you're thinking that the water would first cover Cold then freeze?

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: @thetruebarryallen: I understand that but in comics turns you can counter it I'm not saying star lord can but it's show in marvel universe people can still manage to get out of it, yeah t dosent make sense but neither do 99% of things in comics

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ComicStooge

@comicstooge: @thetruebarryallen: I understand that but in comics turns you can counter it I'm not saying star lord can but it's show in marvel universe people can still manage to get out of it, yeah t dosent make sense but neither do 99% of things in comics

Captain Cold's output had done this:

No Caption Provided