Captain Cold vs Spider Man

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By The_Martian

As I said, if I'm totally wrong just say so. I tried to find info about his field but couldn't.

Avatar image for firestormnuclerman
Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Such a heated debate.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Nighthunter

Captain Cold

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54  Edited By castleking

and it just got cold :P

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#55  Edited By Zoom

*rimshot*

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By geraldthesloth
Zoom said:
"Its just like me saying "Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't Spider-Man die of radiation poisoning from that spider bite?"Its so clearly false and shows such an extreme bias that it ought to be dismissed."
Dont be so COLD zoom
Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geraldthesloth said:
"Zoom said:
"Its just like me saying "Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't Spider-Man die of radiation poisoning from that spider bite?"Its so clearly false and shows such an extreme bias that it ought to be dismissed."
Dont be so COLD zoom"
the topic is Captain Cold, not Mr. Freeze, who loves to use all those puns.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By King_Saturn
Captain Cold wins of course...
The Rookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By The Rookie
the human Juggernaut said:
"geraldthesloth said:
"Zoom said:
Dont be so COLD zoom"
the topic is Captain Cold, not Mr. Freeze, who loves to use all those puns."
lol
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By geraldthesloth
"geraldthesloth said:
"Zoom said:
Dont be so COLD zoom"
I know

just having fun :p
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Zoom
"geraldthesloth said:
"Dont be so COLD zoom"

No Caption Provided

Nibiru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Nibiru

The Rogues are so fing badass.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By geraldthesloth
Nibiru said:
"The Rogues are so fing badass."
you got it
Avatar image for firestormnuclerman
Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody said:
"Had another thought on this battle, some of it is just assumptions, you can correct me if I'm wrong...butAlright, so lets say Captain Cold gets his little Cold Field up. K, so its Absolute Zero around him. Clearly CC has to have something that prevents himself from freezing and slowing down. I thought at first it must be his costume, but that can't be it. His face is totally exposed and would freeze the instant it touched it. Sure he is used to the cold, but doesn't matter how used you are to it, touching that would freeze him. So my thought is that there is probably a gap between him and the Cold Field, right?So lets say this cold air is now just floating around him keeping things from getting close to him. Now what? Sure Spidey can't attack him, but what is Captain Cold going to do. He is stuck inside his field would be my guess. So Spidey would just have to wait him out. You said earlier that he would just put it back up if it wore off. Ok, so he puts it back up, but how many times is he going to keep doing this. If he just keeps putting up this field wouldn't eventually one of them would pass out from lack of food, water, etc. My guess being that Cold is the normal human, he would be the one to pass out first.Another thought I had, if Cold is keeping this field around him, how is he breathing? Sure like I said this goes with my theory that there is a gap between him and the field. If so the air inside the field isn't frozen, but it would be very cold. But, if he keeps putting this field up, he is cutting the air off from himself which means his air supply would be running out quicker than Spidey's. Along with this cold air around him idea. Does this cover the air above his head? Could Spidey drop into this close ran gap from above? If so he wouldn't worry about Cold trying to create a closer field if he was right there, cause Cold would risk freezing himself(again just a thought, correct me if I am wrong.) But if it does cover the air above him as well, how long until the cold air drops down on top of him and freezes him? Cold air travels down, so if he is freezing the air above himself to absoute zero, wouldn't it eventually drift down as the warm air rises up? If so it would be a matter of time before Cold's own field freezes himself.Once again these are just thoughts. I tried to find out exactly how his field works, but couldn't even find a mention of it, besides the scans you posted. So if I'm wrong correct me, I'm just trying to make sense on how his "field" works and if it works this way how Spidey gets around it."

Interesting thoughts.
DCBoy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By DCBoy16

Captain Cold totally, Cold can hit the Flash and The Flash is the fastest hero in all of DC :)

ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ImmortalT1000

Captain Cold.

FiguredOut95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67  Edited By FiguredOut95

@ImmortalT1000 said:

Captain Cold.

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By theDCkid

I want to say spiderman...but CC ftw.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Spidey definitely has a shot against Cold due to his spider sense an super human agility. First of all if Cold already had his cold field up Spidey would know due to his spider sense. Regardless of what people think about Cold, he is only human an Spidey outclasses him in every aspect including intelligence. Cold being able to tag any speedster is PIS, not saying Spidey is anyway near Flash speed but he is a lot faster than Cold. If Spidey can find cover an avoid Colds cold field Spidey can snatch his gun with a web an one shot Cold. What Nobody said about Colds cold field, it's strange how it doesn't affect him atleast his face anyway due to it being exposed.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MethoKi

The Cold man wins.

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By jackofspades

webhead wins he might not be as fast as flash but what he lacks in speed he makes up with everything else and his spideysense would make up for the lack of speed which is not everything only in DC

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By XiiX

Cold.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By nickthedevil

Cold in a slaughterstomp.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ghost_rider1

Captain Cold

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By New_World_Order

Captain Cold.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Dextersinister

@Zoom said:

"geraldthesloth said:
"Dont be so COLD zoom"

No Caption Provided

Don't know why this was bumped but he stomps with an advantage like that.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Shawnbaby

There's a very simple reason that Guys like Captain Cold who, outside of their tech, are completely human can tag The Flash...It's call Bad Writing.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Cold deserves to get 1 shotted for wearing that ridiculous outfit. Lame city.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By jashro44

Captain cold is going to wreck....Spider-man isn't getting by the cold shield.

Daaerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Daaerk

Captain Cold easily, I don’t see Spider-man standing any chance.

- Daaerk

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Zoom
@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:
If Spidey can find cover an avoid Colds cold field Spidey can snatch his gun with a web an one shot Cold.
How is Spidey's web going to get through the cold field?  

Nothing has changed in three years to give Spidey a chance.
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Zoom easily, there obviously is a space between Captain Cold and his cold field or he would be affected by it himself. Unless you can explain how he has an open exposure of his face an isn't frozen himself.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Jorgevy

the problem is that not only would the cold freeze the webbing it would probably also stop the momentum. depening on how cold it is, obviously....

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

@Zoom easily, there obviously is a space between Captain Cold and his cold field or he would be affected by it himself. Unless you can explain how he has an open exposure of his face an isn't frozen himself.

He uses the cold field on The Flash, saying Spidey will be fast enough to get through and tag him falls apart when you consider that.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has spider sense, he would never enter the field so that theory is not fail safe. There is obviously an opening in the cold field or Cold himself would be affected. Let's not act like its impossible for Spidey to get some shot on Cold. Nobodies proven that Spidey can't, and Cold doing anything to a guy that can move faster than light speed is PIS.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub: IIRC the field effects the entire area around Captain Cold, the wide area of effect is how it works on Flash(slowing him down enough that Cold can actually try and tag him reliably) and thus why Peter's Spider-sense isn't gonna really help him.

It's not PIS, it's far too consistent for that.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Decoy Elite there is a fundamental flaw in your logic. If Cold always has a field around him then how does he move or not affect other Rogues? He would have to move an if he did he would affect himself an other Rogues. There is an opening an yes Cold tagging Flash is PIS. Flash moves many times the speed of light which should be faster than cold can pull the trigger. There is no way you can prove otherwise.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Esquire

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub: Does this picture help clear things up? I've always understood it as something like a dome or wall of cold that he surrounds himself with. He also has a specially designed suit to keep himself warm, iirc, although he's not in the absolute zero part of the field.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

@Decoy Elite there is a fundamental flaw in your logic. If Cold always has a field around him then how does he move or not affect other Rogues? He would have to move an if he did he would affect himself an other Rogues. There is an opening an yes Cold tagging Flash is PIS. Flash moves many times the speed of light which should be faster than cold can pull the trigger. There is no way you can prove otherwise.

He moves and it moves around with it... don't really know why you can't understand this. It's pretty self explanatory as far as comics go.

and i'm pretty sure, reading through the 5 pages. Yes it's been proven quite a few times but you've failed to acknowledge it.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Esquire yeah I guess that make sense. Still doesn't make sense that his face isn't protected from the cold field though. I wasnt saying Spidey definitely wins just that I felt he has a chance depending on the battle location an if Cold has a clear line of sight on him.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

@Esquire yeah I guess that make sense. Still doesn't make sense that his face isn't protected from the cold field though. I wasnt saying Spidey definitely wins just that I felt he has a chance depending on the battle location an if Cold has a clear line of sight on him.

or Cap Cold just freezes everything in the area and Peter get's hypothermia before he can escape. Sub Zero temp can do that to you.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Spiderman is going to have a cold shoulder when he loses this battle.....sorry I had to.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Zoom
@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

Science. 

Stop debating people on Flash characters until you actually start reading Flash comics.  You're making yourself look foolish in several threads.
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Zoom science is irrelevant in comics. Thats ridiculous logic. You obviously don't have a good answer so you resort to the old "never read a Flash comic."

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Esquire

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub: Captain Cold is good enough with tech to build a gun that fires blasts and fields of absolute zero. Is it really that difficult to believe that, in the suit he specifically designed for the purpose, he didn't come up with a way to keep his face warm? That's not a very strong basis for an argument.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Esquire I just find it funny that he has an opening on his face. You'd think he would have to cover himself totally. Whatever.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Zoom
@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

@Zoom science is irrelevant in comics. Thats ridiculous logic.

My point exactly.   

It works because Cold designed it that way. 

You're perfectly willing to accept that a guy can make a gun that creates fields of absolute zero and this other guy that has super powers because he got bit by a radioactive spider but you can't accept that Cold designed his fields so that he can stand in them without dying, despite scan after scan of him doing exactly that?
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Zoom relax kid. It's just comics no need to get all worked up. Youre defending these characters feverishly as if they were your children. Lighten up.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:
@Zoom relax kid. It's just comics no need to get all worked up. Youre defending these characters feverishly as if they were your children. Lighten up.
Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spiderman can dodge bullets so the laser? yeah. If he shoots web bullets they'll turn to ice and stll hurt cold. so i gotta go with spidey