captain cold vs mr freeze

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Renegabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Renegabe
?
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2  Edited By Zoom

Been done.

Cold wins easy.  Cold is so much better, he takes offense when people confuse him with Freeze.  "Freeze has an ice pistol.  It shoots snow."

Absolute zero makes all the difference.

Not to mention Cold is smarter, a better shot, more badass and more experienced.  Unlike Freeze, Cold hasn't spent the majority of his career in prison or in the looney bin.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By geraldthesloth

what zoom said

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Strafe Prower
Zoom said:
"Been done.

Cold wins easy.  Cold is so much better, he takes offense when people confuse him with Freeze.  "Freeze has an ice pistol.  It shoots snow."

Not to mention Cold is smarter, a better shot, more badass and more experienced.  Unlike Freeze, Cold hasn't spent the majority of his career in prison or in the looney bin."

nicely said.
Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zoom

Proving once again that Guggenheim's run sucked.

There is no such thing as "below absolute zero."

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SUNMAN
Zoom said:
"Been done.

Not to mention Cold is smarter, a better shot, more badass and more experienced.  Unlike Freeze, Cold hasn't spent the majority of his career in prison or in the looney bin."

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Nighthunter

I would say that Freeze is smarter, yet I think that Cold takes this

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zoom
Nighthunter said:
"I would say that Freeze is smarter, yet I think that Cold takes this"
How so?

Cold invented his own weaponry which is far superior to Freeze's.
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nighthunter
Zoom said:
"Nighthunter said:
How so?

"
Freeze is supposed to be a genius though it's based on medics instead of engineering

Captain Cold didn't invite all of his equipment though
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Strafe Prower
Zoom said:
"Proving once again that Guggenheim's run sucked.

There is no such thing as "below absolute zero.""

Agreed
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zoom
Nighthunter said:
"Zoom said:
"Nighthunter said:
How so?

"
Freeze is supposed to be a genius though it's based on medics instead of engineering

Captain Cold didn't invite all of his equipment though"
And yet Freeze has proven himself to be an idiot time and time again.  He can't beat Batman even though he overpowers him by a lot.

Freeze didn't invent all of his stuff either.  Its all derived.  Cold's still the only one who's mastered absolute zero.
claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By claws

captian cold ftw

Teen Manatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Teen Manatee

Captain cold, I remember reading about how good his shot is, and he's been highly talked about.

Magicalmoment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Magicalmoment

captain cold wins

Avatar image for firestormnuclerman
Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cold schools Freeze, and then tells him what a disgrace he is compared to him.

Larfleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Larfleeze
Zoom said:
"Been done.

Cold wins easy.  Cold is so much better, he takes offense when people confuse him with Freeze.  "Freeze has an ice pistol.  It shoots snow."Absolute zero makes all the difference.Not to mention Cold is smarter, a better shot, more badass and more experienced.  Unlike Freeze, Cold hasn't spent the majority of his career in prison or in the looney bin."

Correct!

Cold wins.
Quentin_Beck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Quentin_Beck

Nighthunter said:
"Zoom said:
"Nighthunter said:
How so?

"
Freeze is supposed to be a genius though it's based on medics instead of engineeringCaptain Cold didn't invite all of his equipment though"

Please note:  I won't pretend to know a lot about Captain Cold, so please forgive any misitaken assumptions I make (although I do think Mr. Freeze is a much more interesting character).

I would tend to agree with Nighthunter.  Freeze is smarter, but his speciality has nothing to do with Cold's.  It's like comparing apples to oranges.  If you had a world-renowned surgeon and a copy-machine repairman in the same room, and you were asked which is smarter, you would probably say the doctor (no offense meant to copy-machine repaimen).  However, if you needed a copy-machine repaired, you probably wouldn't ask the doctor, would you?

Does that make any sense?

No matter how smart someone is, asking them something outside their area of expertise will not yield results.  If you asked Mr. Freeze to create a more powerful freezing-gun then Captain Cold, he would probably fail.  At the same time, if you asked Captain Cold to use his engineering knowledge to save the life of a sick woman, he would also probably fail.

Captain Cold has far superior weaponry to Mr. Freeze, or so I'm told. 

In a fight, comparing their weaponry and combat skills, Cold wins hands down.  However, if the two villains compete to ... uh ... find a cure for cancer, I'd bet my money on Freeze.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By geraldthesloth
Quentin_Beck said:
"
Nighthunter said:
"Zoom said:
"Nighthunter said:
How so?

"
Freeze is supposed to be a genius though it's based on medics instead of engineeringCaptain Cold didn't invite all of his equipment though"

Please note:  I won't pretend to know a lot about Captain Cold, so please forgive any misitaken assumptions I make (although I do think Mr. Freeze is a much more interesting character).I would tend to agree with Nighthunter.  Freeze is smarter, but his speciality has nothing to do with Cold's.  It's like comparing apples to oranges.  If you had a world-renowned surgeon and a copy-machine repairman in the same room, and you were asked which is smarter, you would probably say the doctor (no offense meant to copy-machine repaimen).  However, if you needed a copy-machine repaired, you probably wouldn't ask the doctor, would you?Does that make any sense?No matter how smart someone is, asking them something outside their area of expertise will not yield results.  If you asked Mr. Freeze to create a more powerful freezing-gun then Captain Cold, he would probably fail.  At the same time, if you asked Captain Cold to use his engineering knowledge to save the life of a sick woman, he would also probably fail.Captain Cold has far superior weaponry to Mr. Freeze, or so I'm told.  In a fight, comparing their weaponry and combat skills, Cold wins hands down.  However, if the two villains compete to ... uh ... find a cure for cancer, I'd bet my money on Freeze."
Dead on
spawn_obsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By spawn_obsessed

but mr freeze is

No Caption Provided
and nobody beats him haha yeah captain cold wins easily
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zoom
Quentin_Beck said:
"(although I do think Mr. Freeze is a much more interesting character)."
Read some Flash comics, then come back.  Mr. Freeze was in one interesting story.  Ever since he has been a thug.  Sometimes he's a thug robbing banks.  Sometimes he's a thug working for somebody else.
Aside the whole frozen wife tragic villain angle from the animated series, he's got nothing.

Cold on the other hand has been in dozens of interesting stories.  He leads a completely unique group of villains and unlike Freeze, actually manages to succeed fairly often.

As for your whole apples to oranges smarter thing, I strongly disagree.  Freeze and Cold are in the exact same line of business: making temperature based weaponry and fighting superheroes.  Cold's weaponry is better.  Cold succeeds when facing the Flash while Freeze fails fighting the Batman.  Cold is smarter in both fields.

Quentin_Beck said:
"However, if the two villains compete to ... uh ... find a cure for cancer, I'd bet my money on Freeze."
I'd bet my money on neither of them.

Goenitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Goenitz

Wins here
DetectiveQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By DetectiveQ

I think Mr. Freeze has a lot more of a chance than he's being given here because of the armor. The armor protects him from Cold's weaponry, because it's made to function while cold, plus it enhances his strength to the point that he can easily shatter any ice constructs Cold makes. So what if his cold gun is less effective, he's still shooting it at a guy in a parka. Cool fight, but Captain Cold's lack of immunity to freezing temps seals him in, here.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Zoom

At absolute zero, it doesn't matter what you wear, you aren't moving.

Also, this is what happens when you try to shatter Cold's ice. 

Dc_Philip1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dc_Philip1

in the new version Mr freeze can shoot ice out from his hand so probably he can own captain cold

Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Cold.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#27  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

No Caption Provided
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By velle37
@Zoom said:
"Proving once again that Guggenheim's run sucked.There is no such thing as "below absolute zero." "

Lol
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Zoom
@Dc_Philip1 said:
"in the new version Mr freeze can shoot ice out from his hand so probably he can own captain cold"

Probably not.  Shooting ice out of his hand isn't any better than shooting ice out of a gun.
batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By batman_is_god
@Renegabe:
You serious? Not only does Mr. Freeze have an ice...bazooka.... compared to cold's ice gun, freeze also has enhanced strength and durability.
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Zoom: I know the least about Cold (with the exception of the chick who is comparable to Magneto) out of all the Flash rogues, but is it true that his absolute zero forcefields aren't visible?
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MrDirector786

Captain Cold. Let me know when Mr. Freeze can give the Flash trouble.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By difficlus

captain cold ftw

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Cold

Freeze has been nothing impressive in his years. This is actually one instance where the animated tv version was better.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Zoom
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
"@Zoom: I know the least about Cold (with the exception of the chick who is comparable to Magneto) out of all the Flash rogues, but is it true that his absolute zero forcefields aren't visible? "
They're just like a patch of air with a colder temperature.  You might be able to notice the steam coming off of them but for the most part, they're invisible.

@batman_is_god
said:
"@Renegabe: You serious? Not only does Mr. Freeze have an ice...bazooka.... compared to cold's ice gun, freeze also has enhanced strength and durability. "

It does not matter how big a gun is.  It matters what the gun can do and Freeze's gun is simply a bulky piece of crap.  Enhanced strength and durability count for jack and squat when you're frozen solid and there's nothing Freeze can do to survived Cold's attacks. 

Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Zoom said:
"@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
"@Zoom: I know the least about Cold (with the exception of the chick who is comparable to Magneto) out of all the Flash rogues, but is it true that his absolute zero forcefields aren't visible? "
They're just like a patch of air with a colder temperature.  You might be able to notice the steam coming off of them but for the most part, they're invisible.

@batman_is_god
said:
"@Renegabe: You serious? Not only does Mr. Freeze have an ice...bazooka.... compared to cold's ice gun, freeze also has enhanced strength and durability. "
It does not matter how big a gun is.  It matters what the gun can do and Freeze's gun is simply a bulky piece of crap.  Enhanced strength and durability count for jack and squat when you're frozen solid and there's nothing Freeze can do to survived Cold's attacks.    "
If that's the case, then I don't see hwo Freeze stands much of a chance here. Flash seems made-to-order for him, but I only saw them fight once in one of those Bronze-Age DC Showcase volumes. From what you've said throughout the thread, though, he seems to be the best Flash rogue not named Zoom or WW.
SoCold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SoCold

Anyone else find it funny that a guy using stolen tech and a prison engineering degree has a greater mastery of cold than the worlds foremost expert on cryogenics? Yeah I think that Freeze is far more of a genius than cold however cold has more tech and power on his side

Dflash29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dflash29
No Caption Provided

Captain Cold

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By nickthedevil

Captain Cold stomps.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By Rumble Man
No Caption Provided
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TifaLockhart

Cold. He practices aiming at a guy who runs lightspeed.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Zoom said:

Been done.

Cold wins easy. Cold is so much better, he takes offense when people confuse him with Freeze. "Freeze has an ice pistol. It shoots snow."Absolute zero makes all the difference.Not to mention Cold is smarter, a better shot, more badass and more experienced. Unlike Freeze, Cold hasn't spent the majority of his career in prison or in the looney bin.

Nuff said.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jojjimbo

Captain Cold ftw

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cold

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Cold.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cold don't have any armor. Makes him got frozen by 1 blast while Freeze can activate melt to melt the ice with the suit

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Cold.

axelbra108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By axelbra108

OKAY guys i'll be the first voice of logic on this extremely one sided discussion.

This is an EASY win for Freeze.

@zoom29 I'm glad you mentioned absolute zero is an impossibility. Theoretically, absolute zero would take infinite energy to produce and literally would be the same as the destruction of the entire DC universe if captain cold could ever achieve it. In reality there is no difference between absolute zero and absolute infinity so I call bs on captain cold. Freeze is smarter, stronger and they both have freeze guns that can freeze each other. Basically, it's a game of who can freeze the other first...wait FREEZE IS FROZEN ALREADY!!!! Obviously, to beat this dude it going to be hard if you are trying to FREEZE FREEZE lol ????

SO... the obvious is I am going with the more intelligent and much much stronger guy in a freeze battle... freeze. He has superhuman strength and his suit is crazy durable and built to withstand freezing temp!!! Captain cold might be agile but in majority of flash comics he is not portrayed as the brightest bulb and definitely will not stand up to freeze's assault. On the other hand freeze can take a lot of damage before he freezes....wait he is already frozen lol. This is a no brainer.... captain cold basically would have to freeze...Freeze even more?? Freeze wins this one for sure. BTW on freeze's bio his gun approaches absolute zero. In math this means his gun is at least equally powerful to captain cold's. Also that one comic that mentions the words absolute zero needs to be thrown out of the discussion because the writer was a flippin retard. Therefore, i'll go against the majority here and take freeze.http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Freeze

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By senglord

The cold gun that Snart has is not his design. It was stolen. And he worked his behind off to master it inside and out. He knows that he is not as smart as Freeze. And he Definitely knows he is not as smart as Lex Luthor. But, his cold gun and tech would give either of them the means to end their arch nemesis in one go. But, Captain Cold is smart enough to NEVER let the real villains in DC get their hands on his tools. Nor are most of the Rogues.

Captain Cold 10/10. He runs that hard.