• 77 results
SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SunDeep

So, Captain Cold (New 52 Metahuman) vs Gambit (Present version, moderately enhanced power levels). Both of their abilities are derived from the meta/mutant ability to manipulate kinetic energy (and potential energy, certainly in Gambit's case and arguably in the case of CC as well). Who wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

VS

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cold Stomps.

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SunDeep

@thetruebarryallen: How so? CC's bio-kinetic field works in pretty much exactly the same way as Gambit's- with the exception that Gambit prefers to supercharge the kinetic energy of the molecules around him rather than drain them of their energy. Which isn't to say that Gambit can't do exactly the same thing, because it's been shown in the comics that he can use his abilities to drain anything in his vicinity of its kinetic energy as well, with his own bio-kinetic field potentially enabling him to still move around even absolute zero conditions. IMHO, both of their long-range attack options are going to be totally nullified by each other's powers, and their bio-kinetic field effect attacks/defenses will cancel each other out (or at very least be lessened to a huge degree) once they're close enough to interact with each other, meaning that it'll come down to a H2H fight between the two. And personally, I'd rate Gambit as the more skilled of the two in hand-to-hand combat.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sundeep: I don't believe Gambit has any knowledge of Cold's protective field of Absolute Zero, nor does he know what Cold's powers actually are. Gambit get's frozen before he can cause any serious harm.

CaptainGuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately, I have to say cc wins fairly handily. Although I like gambit a lot more.

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SunDeep

@thetruebarryallen: But's Gambit's protective bio-kinetic field is a passive constant ability as well, one which is permanently switched on so long as he's conscious in the same way as CC's. CC's powers are essentially identical to those of Gambit's in nature; albeit with CC's short-sighted 'Master of Absolute Zero' mindset leading to CC focusing solely on refining the energy dampening aspect of his power (and he is admittedly going to be far more adept at using this aspect of his power than Gambit- after all, Gambit may have displayed this skill in the past, but he's never needed to refine it because he's on the same team as Iceman), while choosing to completely ignore the potential of the opposite aspect of his power, energy supercharging (which he may be inspired to start using in the course of the battle by observing his opponent, but Gambit is still going to be far more adept at using his power in this manner). So Gambit may be getting a touch of frostbite, but he'll still be able to use his own powers to stop CC from being able to freeze him properly, and to stay in the fight. (And BTW, it's pretty obvious just from looking at the guy that CC's powers are something to do with either cold or ice manipulation. And I'm sure Gambit's put in plenty of practice sessions with Iceman in the Danger Room. He may be somewhat surprised by the manner in which CC does his thing (the same way that he does) but he's certainly not going to be totally caught off guard by CC's freeze attack.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: hes unfrozen himself from iceman before and icemans alot bigger threat than cold

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@sundeep: I don't believe Gambit has any knowledge of Cold's protective field of Absolute Zero, nor does he know what Cold's powers actually are. Gambit get's frozen before he can cause any serious harm.

Yeah, um. Pretty sure Gambit is no where in Captain Cold's League unless you use the Apocalypse enhanced version of Gambit or some other version of Gambit.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@thetruebarryallen: hes unfrozen himself from iceman before and icemans alot bigger threat than cold

I doubt Ice Man was trying to kill him and even though Iceman can freeze people at absolute zero, I doubt he does. He's frozen regular humans and other mutants all of the time who have survived. If he was freezing everyone at absolute zero all of the time, Iceman would have a ridiculously high body count.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ice Man doesn't always freeze things at absolute zero, and I don't see a reason why he'd freeze his team mate with a killing move unless one of them was under mind control?

@sundeep said:

@thetruebarryallen: But's Gambit's protective bio-kinetic field is a passive constant ability as well, one which is permanently switched on so long as he's conscious in the same way as CC's. CC's powers are essentially identical to those of Gambit's in nature; albeit with CC's short-sighted 'Master of Absolute Zero' mindset leading to CC focusing solely on refining the energy dampening aspect of his power (and he is admittedly going to be far more adept at using this aspect of his power than Gambit- after all, Gambit may have displayed this skill in the past, but he's never needed to refine it because he's on the same team as Iceman), while choosing to completely ignore the potential of the opposite aspect of his power, energy supercharging (which he may be inspired to start using in the course of the battle by observing his opponent, but Gambit is still going to be far more adept at using his power in this manner). So Gambit may be getting a touch of frostbite, but he'll still be able to use his own powers to stop CC from being able to freeze him properly, and to stay in the fight.

You're going to need to provide some more feats for Gambit here.

I understand that Gambit can charge objects [ organic or inorganic ] with energy that results in them exploding; however, he hasn't shown much of a knack for removing energy from objects, has he?

Feel free to prove me wrong on this one - if Gambit has drained objects of energy that'd be cool to see, but as of right now you're claim that their powers will cancel the other's out is just baseless and seems incredibly incorrect.

Plus, Gambit has to touch objects to charge them IIRC - he won't have any time to get close to Cold for that to happen.

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Doom_Phd

1) Reason why cold focus on draining energy is because that is the only way he stands a chance against the flash . If he was like gambit he'll be his worst enemy against flash as Flash can also super charge things with energy as well.

2) Gambit has absolutely zero chance against Cold, lol

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snart

SionistheBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit for sure

JuxtMako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cold is too fast and too sexy.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cold

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By nickthedevil

@juxtmako said:

Cold is too fast and too sexy.

Post of the century.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By RealityWarper

Gambit.
And he has his poisonous Death Powers.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: @lukehero: yeah i highly doubt it was absoulate zero, was just pointing it out he has shown experience fighting ice types like bobby, not saying who wins as gambits power level is one of the most changing inconsitent traits about him,

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SunDeep

@doom_phd: 1) Well, I'll certainly grant you that. Obviously, the kinetic supercharging aspect of his metahuman ability would be utterly useless against the Flash, so there's every reason in the world for CC not to bother exploring its potential. But the Rogues have fought other heroes and villains as well, ones who CC could have potentially put this aspect of his ability to good use against- but he never did.

2) on the other hand, I don't think so. Gambit's fighting style revolves around constantly keeping himself charged with kinetic energy- it's from tapping into the bio-kinetic energy that he constantly generates at all times that he derives his superhuman physical abilities. CC can dampen this to a huge degree, bringing Gambit down to his own level or less in these aspects, but he can't nullify it completely any more than Gambit can completely nullify CC's cold field by kinetically supercharging the air around him. And Gambit's martial arts skills, particularly with the bo staff, shouldn't be discounted as a factor in this contest, any more than those of Tim Drake against Bane or Killer Croc. Evens or 6/10 for either character, fair enough, but it shouldn't be a stomp either way.

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juxtmako: Seriously? Is Captain Cold really sexier than Gambit? When it comes to sexiness, Cajun trumps Scandinavian any day of the week.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Its gonna be a cold day on earth for Gambit.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Cold ftw.

Avatar image for captainmarvelthunder
CaptainMarvelThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metahuman Cold wins

Current Cold loses

Shamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metahuman Cold wins

Current Cold loses

Current Cold still has his field of absolute zero, it's just activated by pulling a trigger in his gun.

@shamo said:

@thetruebarryallen: yeah iceman froze gambit n gambit broke out

Iceman doesn't freeze people at absolute zero 100% of the time, Gambit would've died if he had.

unstressing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why everyone is saying that Cold wins. Gambit wins he could just use kinetic energy to provide himself a protective layer that resists cold =/ then it's a hop slide and a overcharged card to the face. Gambit wins

TruthTeller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cold stomps

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cold

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how Captain Cold can lose here.

CaptainMarvelThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvelthunder said:

Metahuman Cold wins

Current Cold loses

Current Cold still has his field of absolute zero, it's just activated by pulling a trigger in his gun.

@shamo said:

Iceman doesn't freeze people at absolute zero 100% of the time, Gambit would've died if he had.

Does not matter Gambit can avoid him and take current Cold out without much difficulty.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

Metahuman Cold wins

Current Cold loses

@shamo said:

Does not matter Gambit can avoid him and take current Cold out without much difficulty.

No he can't. Gambit isn't avoiding anything, unless he just got some kind of upgrade that boosted him to Flash levels that we are all unaware of.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvelthunder: I think you're mistaken or think that Cold's a lot weaker than he actually is.

Gambit's attack's cant get through Cold's force field of Absolute Zero - something his gun can create with the pull of a trigger. Absolute Zero stops all particle motion, it'll literally stop all of Gambit's attacks in mid air the moment they hit it. Cold can't be touched.

I don't know why everyone is saying that Cold wins. Gambit wins he could just use kinetic energy to provide himself a protective layer that resists cold =/ then it's a hop slide and a overcharged card to the face. Gambit wins

Because they're educated on the actual threat that is Captain Cold. He isn't a Mister Freeze knock off that everyone thinks he is, and he doesn't just shoot beams of ice from his gun, it's a Cold Gun. His gun fires invisible beams of Absolute Zero, the lowest possible temperature that stops all particle motion.

Cold can also create a field using his gun that protects him from attacks, all of Gambit's attacks will get sapped of their charged energy the moment they hit the field, Gambit has NOTHING to get through Absolute Zero.

CaptainMarvelThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: When did the current Captain Cold use a force field/cold field to protect himself?

Even so Gambit can take him out before he even pulls the trigger.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: When did the current Captain Cold use a force field/cold field to protect himself?

Even so Gambit can take him out before he even pulls the trigger.

He had infused the abilities of the Cold Gun into his body to become the Meta Human version of Captain Cold. Cold's gun hasn't changed since the Pre 52, it has the same abilities and appearance.

And no - Gambit can't take him out before he pulls the trigger, you're overselling Gambit in this situation. I'm sorry if he's one of your favorite characters, or if Cold is one of your LEAST favorite characters, but there is no way Gambit can win this battle.

EDIT: PLUS THIS IS THE META HUMAN VERSION OF COLD - HE DOESN'T HAVE TO PULL A TRIGGER!

Joker13CSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not familiar with Cap Cold but couldn't gambit just dodge his freeze gun? I mean he has dodged bullets before so why couldn't he do the same here?

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not familiar with Cap Cold but couldn't gambit just dodge his freeze gun? I mean he has dodged bullets before so why couldn't he do the same here?

Cold doesn't have a Freeze Gun, he has a Cold Gun - and yes, there IS a difference.

Cold doesn't shoot ice or snow out of his blaster, he fires beams of Absolute Zero which end up turning the moisture in the air to ice thus giving it the appearance that it shoots ice; however, Cold can also make a force field of Absolute Zero which stops all particle motion thus robbing anything and everything of it's kinetic energy the moment it hits the field.

In this situation Cold is his Meta Human version in which he has spliced his own genes with the Cold Gun - meaning his powers are internalized and he can fire the blasts through his arms/hands - Cold also has a natural field in this state that slows down anything that enters it, it's how he was able to fight H2H with Flash & actually hit him.

Gambit's attacks are useless in this scenario, he can't get past Cold's defenses. Plus his speed is nothing the moment he gets into Cold's field & engages in H2H since Gambit's gonna get turned into a Gambitsicle.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullets from no name thugs.

This is someone who tags the Flash.

CaptainMarvelThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joker13csc said:

Just like Mongul and Deathstroke

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil said:

@joker13csc said:

I don't answer trolls.
Go away.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil said:

@joker13csc said:

Oh God - are you seriously going to try and pass either of those characters are being legitimately fast enough to hit Flash on a regular, non plot related basis?

Looks like someone might be a bit of an Anti-Flash & Flash's villains fan.

Joker13CSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joker13csc said:

Cold doesn't have a Freeze Gun, he has a Cold Gun - and yes, there IS a difference.

Cold doesn't shoot ice or snow out of his blaster, he fires beams of Absolute Zero which end up turning the moisture in the air to ice thus giving it the appearance that it shoots ice; however, Cold can also make a force field of Absolute Zero which stops all particle motion thus robbing anything and everything of it's kinetic energy the moment it hits the field.

In this situation Cold is his Meta Human version in which he has spliced his own genes with the Cold Gun - meaning his powers are internalized and he can fire the blasts through his arms/hands - Cold also has a natural field in this state that slows down anything that enters it, it's how he was able to fight H2H with Flash & actually hit him.

Gambit's attacks are useless in this scenario, he can't get past Cold's defenses. Plus his speed is nothing the moment he gets into Cold's field & engages in H2H since Gambit's gonna get turned into a Gambitsicle.

I really want to make a case for Gambit but i have no way to counter this.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

@joker13csc said:

I really want to make a case for Gambit but i have no way to counter this.

Yeah - Snart shouldn't ever be put up against Street Level characters - his powers/tech makes him more of a Highmid/LowHigh tier character.

Joker13CSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Trust me though, if gambit had his Death powers or New Sun capabilities Cap Cold wouldn't stand a chance

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Trust me though, if gambit had his Death powers or New Sun capabilities Cap Cold wouldn't stand a chance

No idea what the "New Sun" capabilities are, but I feel like even with his Death Powers he'd have a hard time with Cold's defenses.

Joker13CSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Joker13CSC

@joker13csc said:

No idea what the "New Sun" capabilities are, but I feel like even with his Death Powers he'd have a hard time with Cold's defenses.

New Sun is Gambit at his full potential. He can travel as a single energy form and can travel between dimentions. His body is always surrounded by a bio-kenetic force field and is nearly impossible to beat. He can charge anything around him just by looking at it and can take away the energy in your body if needed. Also in a different reality he managed to kill everyone on earth and deafeted Phoenix in the process.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

@joker13csc said:

New Sun is Gambit at his full potential. He can travel as a single energy form and can travel between dimentions. His body is always surrounded by a bio-kenetic force field and is nearly impossible to beat. He can charge anything around him just by looking at it and can take away the energy in your body if needed. Also in a different reality he managed to kill everyone on earth and deafeted Phoenix in the process.

Oh yeah - if that's what New Sun can do he'd probably just glare at Cold and make him 'esplode.

CaptainMarvelThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: Technically you did answer. Thing is Flash gets hit plenty of times and its not like he is usually going all out against Cold.

CaptainMarvelThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

@joker13csc said:

In that case he can beat any Captain Cold

Joker13CSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joker13csc said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

@joker13csc said:

In that case he can beat any Captain Cold

Forget Captain Cold he could probably beat the Entire JLA