Deadshot for the majority

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why? I just checked some issues of Suicide Squad and he got humilliated by Deadshot, but I thought he's tougher.

Avatar image for giantmonstersrule30
GiantMonstersRule30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I want to say Digger, but knowing him he would do something stupid that would make him lose.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to say Digger, but knowing him he would do something stupid that would make him lose.

This. Digger should win, but he won't.

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@thetruebarryallen said:

Why? I just checked some issues of Suicide Squad and he got humilliated by Deadshot, but I thought he's tougher.

You talking New 52?

I know that Deadshot wins hands down Pre 52 - and I'm sure the same goes for Pre 52.

I've read a solid majority of the SS series thus far, haven't read the new lineup yet, but I don't recall Digger having anything on par with Deadshot when it came to combat.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

You talking New 52?

I know that Deadshot wins hands down Pre 52 - and I'm sure the same goes for Pre 52.

I've read a solid majority of the SS series thus far, haven't read the new lineup yet, but I don't recall Digger having anything on par with Deadshot when it came to combat.

Yes, it happened in issue 3 or 4. Digger pulled out his boomerant ready to attack and Deadshot shoot him in hand which left Digger unable to continue fighting.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:
@bigcimmerian said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

You talking New 52?

Yes, it happened in issue 3 or 4. Digger pulled out his boomerant ready to attack and Deadshot shoot him in hand which left Digger unable to continue fighting.

I knew that happened - I just mean I don't see any Digger feats that would put him on par with Deadshot, getting whooped by him isn't really much of an argument in favor of Digger hahaha

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: But how is he fighting against Flash if he can't handle Deadshot?

New 52 Digger Harkness hasn't encountered Flash & isn't actually a Flash villain as far as I know.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian said:

@thetruebarryallen: But how is he fighting against Flash if he can't handle Deadshot?

New 52 Digger Harkness hasn't encountered Flash & isn't actually a Flash villain as far as I know.

But you said Deadshot wins in Pre 52 too.

themongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By themongoose
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: inconsistent writing that's how!

Mongoose

That would be the greatest inconsistent writing ever. Flash who is herald level hero fighting the guy who losses against very good mercenary.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

@bigcimmerian said:

But you said Deadshot wins in Pre 52 too.

I do - and it's because Digger doesn't have any feats at all worth mentioning after the Silver Age, which was before Crisis on Infinite Earths.

In the Modern Age Captain Boomerang ended up being incredibly out of shape & out of luck, it's why he was as poor as he was during Identity Crisis, he didn't even work with the Rogues all that much in the modern age.

In the Silver Age; however, he had far more trick boomerangs that allowed him to do much much more & actually stand a chance against Flash, though in the long run Digger Harkness is one of the least impressive of all Flashes Rogues.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Pre-52 Floyd shouldn't be lowballed. The guy has extaordinary reflexes (demonstrated against sniper rounds and energy blasts, among other things).

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bigcimmerian
XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By XiiX

Pre-52 Floyd shouldn't be lowballed. The guy has extaordinary reflexes

Indeed.

No Caption Provided
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: Lol, I love that 2000s mini. Everything about it was everything that the New-52 Squad has been missing.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle take place in Gotham, this is Digger Harness

- In character, standard equipment

- Who wins and why?

deadshot wins. boomerang can't take down anyone who isn't the flash.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadshot solidly wins. Owen would win though.

Didn't Tim Drake beat Digger?

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DS.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto What do you think about this?

Well I'm far from an expert on Boomerang, or Deadshot for that matter. Considering how Floyd treated the other Boomerang like an amateur though, I'm inclined to believe he could beat Digger as well.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian said:

@nickzambuto What do you think about this?

Well I'm far from an expert on Boomerang, or Deadshot for that matter. Considering how Floyd treated the other Boomerang like an amateur though, I'm inclined to believe he could beat Digger as well.

I'm starting to believe that as well lol.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Floyd.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil What is your opinion?

Digger, given his feats in the Flash alone, should very well get a Boomerang out of his hand before Floyd shoots.

However, Floyd has proven himself enough of a shooter and quick on the draw. I'd say they both take one another out. Neither one of them has the feats to suggest they could dodge, much less survive, the other's attacks.

A big reason everyone goes by Floyd decisively, however, is because Digger get's downplayed on the regular when appearing in other comic books (Batman, Robin titles specifically). IMO, they end up killing each other and that's that.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Owen would beat Deadshot. He's been able to use paperclips to deflect Deadshot's bullets and his boomerangs are significantly faster.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadshot solidly wins. Owen would win though.

Didn't Tim Drake beat Digger?

Digger, especially out of Brightest Day, is way out of Robin's class. That issue was pure stupidy, and exemplified why I tend to not get along with Tim Drake Fans.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadshot already treats boomerang like his personal prison b!+ch. He wins

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian said:

It's referenced that he is, but other than an action shot, that's all.

When Barry loses his powers and is stuck in Iron Heights, he breaks into the Rogues' armory and Boomerangs are in there along with Cold's, Heatwaves, Mirror Master's and trickster stuff.

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: Really? You don't think Floyd weaving through Fire's energy blasts gives him some agility credit? I think Digger would need to barrage him with explosives or trick rangs to stand a chance at a win, and that's if Deadshot doesn't tag one while it's still close enough to Boomerbutt.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: Really? You don't think Floyd weaving through Fire's energy blasts gives him some agility credit? I think Digger would need to barrage him with explosives or trick rangs to stand a chance at a win, and that's if Deadshot doesn't tag one while it's still close enough to Boomerbutt.

Fire doesn't have anything on Digger's accuracy or speed.

Not to mention that He's known for releasing much more than two Rangs at one time.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: I'm pretty sure digger lost the powers he got during brightest day when he completed the entities mission for him.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

DS

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian said:

Digger, given his feats in the Flash alone, should very well get a Boomerang out of his hand before Floyd shoots.

However, Floyd has proven himself enough of a shooter and quick on the draw. I'd say they both take one another out. Neither one of them has the feats to suggest they could dodge, much less survive, the other's attacks.

A big reason everyone goes by Floyd decisively, however, is because Digger get's downplayed on the regular when appearing in other comic books (Batman, Robin titles specifically). IMO, they end up killing each other and that's that.

I wouldn't see them killing each other unless Digger has his Brightest Day energy Boomerangs - his normal Boomerangs shouldn't be strong enough to really get through Floyds armor, it'd shake him up a bit, but I don't see them putting him down for the count.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

DS kills boomerang

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil said:

@bigcimmerian said:

I wouldn't see them killing each other unless Digger has his Brightest Day energy Boomerangs - his normal Boomerangs shouldn't be strong enough to really get through Floyds armor, it'd shake him up a bit, but I don't see them putting him down for the count.

Floyd's armor isn't that durable Sure, it guards him against bullets, but it's only barely above Kevlar in that respect. It still wounds him enough to bruise, and it definitely hurts and knocks him on his ass.

Digger's explosives/razors are pretty fast.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyrearranger said:

Not to mention that He's known for releasing much more than two Rangs at one time.

I heard that he nearly stalemated Supergirl, is it true?

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil said:

@mightyrearranger said:

I heard that he nearly stalemated Supergirl, is it true?

Not Digger's, but Harkness has.

He's also stalemated Nightwing in H2H.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

@nickthedevil said:

@bigcimmerian said:

Floyd's armor isn't that durable Sure, it guards him against bullets, but it's only barely above Kevlar in that respect. It still wounds him enough to bruise, and it definitely hurts and knocks him on his ass.

Digger's explosives/razors are pretty fast.

I've never seen Digger's speed to be all that impressive, but hey, that's just me.

I believe that Floyd could win more fights than Digger, and that he'd be able to shoot some of those boomerangs out of the air before they make contact with him.

Deadshot just has more speed feats & accuracy feats than Digger, so he's more impressive to me - plus Digger has no defense against Floyd's bullets, even if Floyds armor can't take several explosive boomerangs.