ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ssj_god

a fight between NATHANIELS

Nathaniel Christopher Adam aka Captain Atom vs Nathaniel Grey aka Nate Grey aka X-Man

first, the rules

Rules:

1. morals off
  2. composite captain atom, shaman version x-man
  3. fight starts on earth, continents apart
  4. no knowledge of the opponent
  5. win by any means

Captain Atom (Composite)
Captain Atom (Composite)

VS

X-Man (Shaman)
X-Man (Shaman)

so, which of these herald tier powerhouses wins?

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a tough matchup, New 52 Cap Atom is quite a powerhouse, but so is Shaman Nate, geez. Maybe Nate? But it wouldnt be easy.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Post Crisis - New 52 Captain Atom should win.

New 52 could go either way. But I'll say Nate.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are some of Shaman Nate's feats?

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Nate Grey should win here, he seems to have almost the same powers, just 'slightly' more developed and experienced with them; and his TP could be his cheap way out...

@ssj_god: Good fight, I was comparing the 2 a short while ago, and CA for me feat wise is comparable to X-Man IMO, while he reminds me more of Dr Manhatten an Norrin etc.)

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are some of Shaman Nate's feats?

don't you follow my posts in other threads :D

I think Nate Grey should win here, he seems to have almost the same powers, just 'slightly' more developed and experienced with them; and his TP could be his cheap way out...

@ssj_god: Good fight, I was comparing the 2 a short while ago, and CA for me feat wise is comparable to X-Man IMO, while he reminds me more of Dr Manhatten an Norrin etc.)

yeah.. i have been in debates regarding these two characters before aswell.... i'm surprised it took me this long to create this battle... i think they are quite close too.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kingant27

@ssj_god: I was going to make this yesterday funnily enough, No lie, but I forgot to etc; IMO they are probably the closest or one of then by feats etc.

X-Man for me has demonstrated slightly better feats, except speed, and bringing the dead back etc.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ssj_god

@kingant27 said:

@ssj_god: I was going to make this yesterday funnily enough, No lie, but I forgot to etc; IMO they are probably the closest or one of then by feats etc.

X-Man for me has demonstrated slightly better feats, except speed, and bringing the dead back etc.

hmm.. well, nate has shown tremendous mind speed.... i don't even think his body speed is required, as most of his abilities depends on his mind... he has constantly intercepted/blocked light energy attacks with tk shield, after they were fired.. has obsereved the history of an earth from the beginning of time within an instant... literally scanned through the multiverse within 'a moment'.... these shows many many many times faster than light speed.. at which rate, his mind works... and marvel's concept of mind speed then supports this also..

"The Speed of Sound is 761 miles per hour. The speed of light is 186,000 miles per second. The Speed of Thought cannot be quantified". - Xavier (UXM-First Class #5)

and bringing back dead.. well.. nate have recreated dead people though.. with his psionics.. i'm not sure if that's reality warping though.

BRAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say they both battle it out with their awesomely unique powers only to end it in a stalemate..

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ssj_god

hmm.. well.. he's a powerful psionic being... can stay as pure psionic being also... has tremendous mind power and mind speed... monstrous tk,.. vastly powerful energy and matter manipulation...limited reality warper.... time manipulator... can travel between realities, dimensions... psionic constructs... astral world incorporation... great sensory and cloaking abilities ... and normal abilities for these two (flight, invisibility, intangibility, teleportation etc.) .. and have some other misc. abilities.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ssj_god

@sophia89 said:

@ssj_god: I don't think N52 CA showed any TP resistance feats,so Nate.

don't you think tp isn't everything?

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By uugieboogie

Nate in a good fight... Unless CA doesn't have any TP resistance then Nate in a not so good fight

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Nathaniel_Adam

X-Man probably wins even though Cap has shown the ability to overload telepaths with informations which ended bad for his Enemy but I think Nate Grey is beyond that

I don't know if Captain Atom has a chance against a powerful telepath such as X-Man

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This would be a better fight if it were Pre 52 Captain Atom IMO.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's composite captain atom... said it in the rules.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

Oh sorry; I kept seeing people discussion only New 52 Captain Atom; well, I've already debated why I think Atom would win in Lukehero's PM w/you.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would it really change given he is facing an extremely powerful telepath and a time manipulator, who can still keep fighting for beyond his grave.. >_>

It makes sense why X-man is rarely used anymore, he was a little too powerful.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

Would it really change given he is facing an extremely powerful telepath and a time manipulator, who can still keep fighting for beyond his grave.. >_>

It makes sense why X-man is rarely used anymore, he was a little too powerful.

Yes; considering Captain Atom has shown the ability to absorb and manipulate all forms of energy (including psionic) to vast levels.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ssj_god

@thetruebarryallen said:

@ssj_god said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

Oh sorry; I kept seeing people discussion only New 52 Captain Atom; well, I've already debated why I think Atom would win in Lukehero's PM w/you.

hehe.. i didn't put everything in the plate there.. you were saying about draining nate... even if we disregard the argument we were having there about psionic energy being different... do you think he can completely drain phoenix level energy?... as you said about theoretically cap atom should have the ability to drain any energy... theoretically nate possesses same energy as dark phoenix.. which i think cap atom can not drain off...

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes; considering Captain Atom has shown the ability to absorb and manipulate all forms of energy (including psionic) to vast levels.

It's not much different from what X-man himself can do though. Manipulating Psionic energy is what he does, and what makes him an omega level mutant. That's by itself is a rather hard area for Captain Atom to compete.

Does that somehow help him against his ungodly telepathic abilities , powerful enough to scan and collect memories from entire universes causally, or his ability to outright stop time?

In fact time manipulation is such a posh ability not many characters can defend against such tactic.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

It's not much different from what X-man himself can do though. Manipulating Psionic energy is what he does, and what makes him an omega level mutant. That's by itself is a rather hard area for Captain Atom to compete.

Does that somehow help him against his ungodly telepathic abilities , powerful enough to scan and collect memories from entire universes causally, or his ability to outright stop time?

In fact time manipulation is such a posh ability not many characters can defend against such tactic.

wut

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

@ssj_god said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

hehe.. i didn't put everything in the plate there.. you were saying about draining nate... even if we disregard the argument we were having there about psionic energy being different... do you think he can completely drain phoenix level energy?... as you said about theoretically cap atom should have the ability to drain any energy... theoretically nate possesses same energy as dark phoenix.. which i think cap atom can not drain off...

I'm not familiar with Dark Phoenix, I'm not familiar with how it's a different energy source than any other energy source.

You're going to need to use more detail within your argument & provide some proof with the pudding.

Also; I didn't say that he should theoretically be able to drain any energy, he just straight up CAN drain any energy. It's due to the Quantum Field which he's connected to which grants him his abilities, Captain Atom is basically the Quantum Elemental to go w/Swamp Things Earth Elemental & Firestorms Fire Elemental, etc.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

that's entire multiverse actually..lol

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ssj_god

@thetruebarryallen:

dark phoenix is a being who goes on by destroying universes...

nate is a powerful energy manipulator himself...

and.. i haven't really seen cap atom draining psionic energy

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:

Multiple universes, multiverse , semantics :p

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@ssj_god: I don't know.
Has Captain Atom any feats against TP ?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wut

It's a very stylish and a rare ability... happy >_>

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:

Multiple universes, multiverse , semantics :p

you said entire universe actually.. not multiple universes :D

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

Just because X-Man is an Omega Level Mutant it doesn't mean he's too powerful for Captain Atom to deal with, the whole Omega Level Mutant concept is as strong an argument as using DBZ power levels. I say this because both Emma Frost and Quentin Quire (Kid Omega) are both Omega Level Mutants IIRC, but they would be dominated by Captain Atom in a fight before it began.

As for telepathic abilities; Captain Atom can absorb psionic energy, which telepaths use IIRC in the Marvel Universe. As for time manipulation, Captain Atom has it too.

New 52 Captain Atom had seemingly God-Like Status; and Pre 52 Captain Atom was showing the ability to create and destroy his own universes with ease, he even created duplicates of Earth's heroes such as Spectre, Flash, Superman, etc, and then killed them all when he destroyed his universe, he did this all using only his tie w/the Quantum Field.

Captain Atom get's pretty underrated here on this site.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Claymore1998

@ssj_god said:

I mentioned entire universeS

There is a "S" at the end there my friend.

You are not getting me on this one >_>

Nope... nope..nope

hehe

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:

I mentioned entire universeS

There is a "S" at the end there my friend.

You are not getting me on this one >_>

Nope... nope..nope

hehe

i see..lol

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@ssj_god said:

@realitywarper said:

Agreed.
But it's one of Nate's main weapon.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:

@thetruebarryallen:

Why do you always type three periods in your sentences, it makes you look incredibly condescending :P

Anyways; Captain Atom has shown the ability to create & destroy a universe as well; and I'm glad Nate is a powerful energy manipulator, so is Captain Atom so I don't know what you're getting at.

I don't have the scans on me, and I honestly don't have the time to debate this right now, I was just responding because I had a little bit of time before I had to go about my daily routine. Maybe @sovereign91001 can come and finish this argument for me, I believe he's a Captain Atom fan as well.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just because X-Man is an Omega Level Mutant it doesn't mean he's too powerful for Captain Atom to deal with, the whole Omega Level Mutant concept is as strong an argument as using DBZ power levels.

I disagree, furthermore he has feats to substantiate his ability to manipulate psionic energies.

Emma Frost isn't an omega level mutant, Quentin is, however his whole story revolves around not being able to manifest his true power, something he only evidently achieves in the future when he inherent the Phoenix Force.

Furthermore, we have seen a weakened Nate not just compete but defeat Exodus single handedly, the same person who stomped the entire West Cost Avengers, took on The Hulk and later fought and actually got the better of Sersi herself.

The only person to ever successfully drain X-man was Apocalypse, where he needed prep even then Apocalypse himself struggled to contain the power for long.

As for telepathic abilities; Captain Atom can absorb psionic energy, which telepaths use IIRC in the Marvel Universe.

I am not sure why being able to absorb psionic energy would preclude telepathy from working against him. Silver surfer can and has manipulated psionic energy is the past and telepathy has worked on him just fine.

I don't see why Captain Atom would be an exception to the rule.

Furthermore, we have seen Apocaypse, one of the most powerful manipulator of psionic energy unable to use telepathy in an offensive manner.

Just because telepathy has some weird connection to psionic energy does not preclude it from working against energy manipulators.

Could you show me an evidence of him doing so outside of Quantum Quest? I certainly haven't seen it before.

Perhaps we should tag Static, he was the expert on the matter.

New 52 Captain Atom had seemingly God-Like Status; and Pre 52 Captain Atom was showing the ability to create and destroy his own universes with ease, he even created duplicates of Earth's heroes such as Spectre, Flash, Superman, etc, and then killed them all when he destroyed his universe, he did this all using only his tie w/the Quantum Field.

I have read just about every appearance of New 52 Captain Atom and I disagree with you.

That being said you are again referring to Quantum Quest, a story where Captain Atom was amped by being inside the Quantum Zone for a prolonged amount of time. I also do not recall any heroes let alone Spectre, did you have evidence to suggest so?

All I recall him doing in terms of offensive fighting was dragging Monarch (Hank Hall) inside the Quantum Quest and destroying the universe after a prolonged fight, most of which takes off panel. Even then we are not clearly informed on what happened to the said Monarch there.

Unless there is a tie in to the said Quantum Quest short mini story that i have missed, i think you have a lot of stuffs mistaken here.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:

@thetruebarryallen:

Why do you always type three periods in your sentences, it makes you look incredibly condescending :P

Anyways; Captain Atom has shown the ability to create & destroy a universe as well; and I'm glad Nate is a powerful energy manipulator, so is Captain Atom so I don't know what you're getting at.

I don't have the scans on me, and I honestly don't have the time to debate this right now, I was just responding because I had a little bit of time before I had to go about my daily routine. Maybe @sovereign91001 can come and finish this argument for me, I believe he's a Captain Atom fan as well.

hmm three periods, i guess it became my bad habit :D

it is safe to assume captain atom is nowhere near dark phoenix power. believe me. nate is nowhere near dark phoenix power either. i only mentioned nate being a powerful energy manipulator because, it's not very easy to drain a powerful energy manipulator. for example, do you think quasar can easily drain off cap atom?

that's ok. i'm just the thread creator. i would like to be a spectator. lol :D

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:

@realitywarper said:

Agreed.

But it's one of Nate's main weapon.

it is... so it could be an edge for him.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nate.

New 52 Martian Manhunter beat Captain Atom with telepathy and Nate has way better telepathy feats than him.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Claymore1998

@highaccuser said:

Nate.

New 52 Martian Manhunter beat Captain Atom with telepathy and Nate has way better telepathy feats than him.

Fair enough i guess but would that be considered because its from a near future.

Coz if that's considered i would be very happy given what Stephen pulls off 8 months in the future ^_^

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998:

Nate.

it's composite captain atom used here.. said it in the op rules

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god:

Meh! I am not changing my view. Time manipulation + Godly Telepathy should still allow Nate to win.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: Already explained to SSJ God that I don't have time for this argument. I do have the feats to show you Captain Atom creating heroes, but I can't as I'm on mobile.

I disagree with most if not all of your argument; however, and will come back to explain why in a day or two.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god:

Meh! I am not changing my view. Time manipulation + Godly Telepathy should still allow Nate to win.

though i think it's a close fight isn't it?