• 54 results
#1 Posted by The Average Bear (2079 posts) - - Show Bio
Captain Atom versus Cyclops, Havok, and Vulcan. 

The battle takes place on Utopia. Utopia is completely evacuated. The mutant haven has been relocated, so Cyclops main priority is not protecting the islands structure, but defeating Captain Atom.  

No BFR allowed. Victory by complete death of either side. Assume that the Summers put aside their differences for the battle.
#2 Posted by Erik (32799 posts) - - Show Bio

The Captain Atom who can absorb an infinite amount of energy?

#3 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll take Atom.

#4 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: Yep. :)
#5 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" I'll take Atom. "
#6 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom.

#7 Posted by The Average Bear (2079 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" The Captain Atom who can absorb an infinite amount of energy? "
Versus an omega-level energy wielding mutant, and his brothers, yes.
#8 Posted by fatyman (448 posts) - - Show Bio

well, if atom doesnt regulate fast enough, he will jump. i see him being overwhelmed by the 3 brothers.

#9 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

The only person I see here as trouble is Vulcan, but he still can't compete with Atom's physicality.

#10 Posted by Erik (32799 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @erik: Yep. :) "
@Static Shock said:
" I'll take Atom. "
#11 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@fatyman said:
" well, if atom doesnt regulate fast enough, he will jump. i see him being overwhelmed by the 3 brothers. "
I don't.
#12 Posted by The Average Bear (2079 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" The only person I see here as trouble is Vulcan, but he still can't compete with Atom's physicality. "
I was thinking the same thing.  But I thought Vulcan vs Captain Atom was way too one-sided.
#13 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio
This is interesting an Unlimited Energy Manipulator, and energy manipulators vs. an Unlimited Energy Abosrber. Id say Captain Atom. 
#14 Posted by fatyman (448 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @fatyman said:
" well, if atom doesnt regulate fast enough, he will jump. i see him being overwhelmed by the 3 brothers. "
I don't. "
well i do. i mean, no matter how many times i have shown it, you deny it, but i will go back to atom jumping with major force in superman/batman. now, i know you have shown me other scans, but i will not deny what happened in superman/batman.
#15 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio

Atom wins very, very easily

#16 Posted by Icemizer (181 posts) - - Show Bio

I read this quickly and thought the title said Smothers Brothers. Nobody beats the yo-yo. Nobody.
#17 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap Atom easily.

#18 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@fatyman said:
"well i do. i mean, no matter how many times i have shown it, you deny it, but i will go back to atom jumping with major force in superman/batman. now, i know you have shown me other scans, but i will not deny what happened in superman/batman. "
You don't have to deny PIS/WIS, on the writer's part. That's your problem. At the same time, it doesn't refute Atom's ability to absorb as much as he wants.
#19 Posted by fatyman (448 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock:  cant deny that this happened, is canon, and can be used as evidence.

#20 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@fatyman:  Even if the Summers could provide enough energy to quantum jump Atom, which I don't think they can, why does he have to absorb it? I don't see any of them providing enough force to seriously damage someone with near Superman durability or Atom could just manipulate it without absorbing it.
#21 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@fatyman: You can't deny this, either.

Nekron >>>> Major Force

How he regulates....

A nuke

Does nothing after he takes the force and absorbs it

Takes

Another

Damn

Nuke
#22 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @fatyman:  Even if the Summers could provide enough energy to quantum jump Atom, which I don't think they can, why does he have to absorb it? I don't see any of them providing enough force to seriously damage someone with near Superman durability or Atom could just manipulate it without absorbing it. "
Agreed. He could put up Quantum energy shields to protect himself. He could even shut off Cyclops and Havok's powers, just like he did the Ray. He can even redirect their blasts back at them.
#23 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Nobody said:
" @fatyman:  Even if the Summers could provide enough energy to quantum jump Atom, which I don't think they can, why does he have to absorb it? I don't see any of them providing enough force to seriously damage someone with near Superman durability or Atom could just manipulate it without absorbing it. "
Agreed. He could put up Quantum energy shields to protect himself. He could even shut off Cyclops and Havok's powers, just like he did the Ray. He can even redirect their blasts back at them. "
That is more the lines that I was thinking. I don't think he would even need to put up a shield.
#24 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Nobody said:
Agreed. He could put up Quantum energy shields to protect himself. He could even shut off Cyclops and Havok's powers, just like he did the Ray. He can even redirect their blasts back at them. "
Cyclops and Havok are immune to each other's powers, but I get your point about the refinement and versatility of Atom's control.
#25 Posted by FinalStar86 (8681 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" Atom wins very, very easily "
#26 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: LOL. I forgot about that.
#27 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Morpheus_: LOL. I forgot about that. "
I recall Vulcan controlling Cyclops' blast, and redirecting it so that it would hit Wolverine, too. It was during Deadly Genesis.
#28 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Static Shock said:
I recall Vulcan controlling Cyclops' blast, and redirecting it so that it would hit Wolverine, too. It was during Deadly Genesis. "
He could redirect it so it hits the landscape around them and crushes them though.
#29 Posted by fatyman (448 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock:  how in the world will he shut off their powers?
#30 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: I remember that. Vulcan has impressive energy manipulation showings as well.
#31 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Static Shock said:
I recall Vulcan controlling Cyclops' blast, and redirecting it so that it would hit Wolverine, too. It was during Deadly Genesis. "
He could redirect it so it hits the landscape around them and crushes them though. "
I'm not even arguing the Summers' win. :P

Atom steps on them. Just clarifying a few things about the combatants.
#32 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@fatyman: Easy. Like this. He's also shown to transmute the force of a blast from Highmaster, but I don't need to show that.

#33 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Nobody said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Static Shock said:
He could redirect it so it hits the landscape around them and crushes them though. "
I'm not even arguing the Summers' win. :P

Atom steps on them. Just clarifying a few things about the combatants. "
I know :) I'm just saying he could still take them out by redirecting their blasts.
#34 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Morpheus_: I remember that. Vulcan has impressive energy manipulation showings as well. "
His most impressive showings were under Brubaker. Things have changed since then.

@Nobody said:
" I know :) I'm just saying he could still take them out by redirecting their blasts. "

Agreed.
#35 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: If Havok ripped him a new one, Atom could do much worse, you know? LOL.
#36 Posted by King Saturn (224205 posts) - - Show Bio
Captain Atom for the win
#37 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Morpheus_: If Havok ripped him a new one, Atom could do much worse, you know? LOL. "
LOL. 

Fair is fair, Havok absorbed a star to do that.
#38 Posted by fatyman (448 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock:  wow i didnt realize atom was that overpowered
#39 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@fatyman: LOL.
#40 Posted by FinalStar86 (8681 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @Nobody said:
Cyclops and Havok are immune to each other's powers, but I get your point about the refinement and versatility of Atom's control. "
Aren't they vulnerable to Vulcans powers though ?
#41 Posted by Fortanono (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

Vulcan Solos.

#42 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @Nobody said:
Cyclops and Havok are immune to each other's powers, but I get your point about the refinement and versatility of Atom's control. "
Aren't they vulnerable to Vulcans powers though ? "
Indeed.
#43 Posted by FinalStar86 (8681 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fortanono said:
" Vulcan Solos. "
You're a troll
#44 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fortanono said:
" Vulcan Solos. "
Yeah, right. He couldn't even beat Gladiator, and he was also defeated by another energy manipulator.
#45 Posted by King Saturn (224205 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fortanono said:
" Vulcan Solos. "
I doubt it buddy
#46 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Fortanono said:
" Vulcan Solos. "
Yeah, right. He couldn't even beat Gladiator, and he was also defeated by another energy manipulator."
Vulcan even bragged about taking down a Sentinel. He needs to stick to the side-streets with his other overhyped omega-level buddies.
#47 Edited by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom takes this very easily. Cyclops and Havok are non-factors. He could shut off their powers or just redirect their attacks back at them. I also seriously doubt either one could even hurt him. He could absorb all of their energy right out of them or just speed blitz them all when the fight starts. Vulcan isn't much of a threat either. Atom has shown greater energy output and absorption than Vulcan has, not to mention he vastly outclasses him in speed and strength. He could tap Vulcan on the head and take him out. Even if Vulcan managed to hurt Atom, which is unlikely given his durability and energy absorption, Atom can create force fields and fly at excessively high speeds. He could destroy all three of them with one energy attack. He may even be able to transmute them. Atom has too many methods of defeating the three of them. Cap takes this with complete ease. 

#48 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
"He could destroy all three of them with one energy attack.

#49 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Silver2467 said:
"He could destroy all three of them with one energy attack.

"
Atom's a beast. 
#50 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: I was gonna post the force field scans and transmutation scans, but I think the battle's decision is pretty unanimous..