User Lists: 0

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2  Edited By The_Martian

I think this battle will be the same as Superman vs Captain Atom.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Martian

Static Shock says:

"Nobody says:
"I think this battle will be the same as Superman vs Captain Atom."
With Captain Atom as the winner. I just wanna show that Prime isn't the most powerful."
I don't think it was decided, cause we don't know if Atom could react fast enough. If he could then he would win.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Static Shock

Nobody says:

"I think this battle will be the same as Superman vs Captain Atom."

With Captain Atom as the winner. I just wanna show that Prime isn't the most powerful.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Forever

How fast do you think Captain Atom can react, and what do you think he could do that would allow him to defeat Superman Prime?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Martian

Forever says:

"How fast do you think Captain Atom can react, and what do you think he could do that would allow him to defeat Superman Prime?"
He could use kryptonite energy or red sun energy on him at the very least, but since he is like Firestom he could actually just take away Prime's powers or turn him into something.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Static Shock

Nobody says:

"Forever says:
"How fast do you think Captain Atom can react, and what do you think he could do that would allow him to defeat Superman Prime?"
He could use kryptonite energy or red sun energy on him at the very least, but since he is like Firestom he could actually just take away Prime's powers or turn him into something."

Kryptonite radiation won't work. It has no effect on Prime.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Forever

Static Shock says:

"Put it this way. I'm pretty sure you already read what posted in the Firestorm vs. Cap. Atom thread about Cap. Atom's powers. Unlimited potential. With the Quantum Field, he could enhance his abilities to that potential. It's all based on quantum mechanics. Matter and energy in the universe is constant, it can neither be created nor destroyed. So, what does that tell you about Cap. Atom's power overall? On top of that, Red Sun radiation would slow him down as well.
Post Edited:2007-12-10 12:29:47"

Reaction time. While Captain Atom is deciding to use his powers Superman Prime flies in at near light speed and punches his head off. What have you seen that makes you think that Captain Atom can react fast enough to counter that?

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Forever

Static Shock says:

"Why won't he be able to see that coming? He's no ordinary human. He has superhuman reflexes, too. And, Prime won't easily punch his head off. He's not that damn weak. He's invulnerable."

There's a huge difference between superhuman reflexes and being able to react to something moving at light speed. He isn't weak but he certainly isnt on Superman Prime's level. Captain Atom has little more chance of winning than Firestorm did.

You see the problem with fighting someone who can move at near light speed while you are maybe able to dodge bullets, is that you can't ever dodge any of their attacks or even respond with an attack of your own. Prime could get thousands or millions of attacks in, simply because Atom can't track his attacks, can't block them and wouldn't be able to think straight enough to come up with any kind of defense.

As for him being invulnerable there are several different types of technology that have cracked or cut his skin so he really isn't invulnerable. Superman Prime, with his speed advantage, has practically all the time in the world to breach Atom's skin. This fight would take longer than the one with Firestorm but Prime would still be the winner.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Forever

Static Shock says:

"Yeah, whatever. If that's how YOU feel. I'm still sticking with Atom."

That's fine. If you have no logical reason for choosing Atom and are simply doing so because you wish that he could beat Superman Prime, that's your right. You dont like Superman Prime and that's fine. But if you cant find a way for Captain Atom to react to the attack I mentioned, then your choice has no leg to stand on.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Forever

Static Shock says:

"Yeah, I bet it doesn't. But, anyway. You got another technicality shot to hit me with?"

Why is superspeed a technicality? That's some people's only power. But even when you have an entire list of powers, like Superman Prime does, using any of them to gain victory shouldn't be a technicality. He's way too fast for Captain Atom, so he couldn't lose. You seem to have a personal stake in the winner. I dont care who wins. If Captain Atom could beat Superman Prime, I would be right there arguing your side of the issue, but the speed difference is immense and insurmountable. I'm not trying to hit you with technicalities. I'm just illustrating one weapon in Superman Prime's arsenal that he would use to win this fight.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Static Shock

Forever says:

"Why is superspeed a technicality? That's some people's only power. But even when you have an entire list of powers, like Superman Prime does, using any of them to gain victory shouldn't be a technicality. He's way too fast for Captain Atom, so he couldn't lose. You seem to have a personal stake in the winner. I dont care who wins. If Captain Atom could beat Superman Prime, I would be right there arguing your side of the issue, but the speed difference is immense and insurmountable. I'm not trying to hit you with technicalities. I'm just illustrating one weapon in Superman Prime's arsenal that he would use to win this fight."

I was referring to your last post.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Nighthunter

Prime wins

since he was superboy he was stronger than two supermen

he has become more powerful now

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Forever

Static Shock says:

"I was referring to your last post."

That is what I thought when I responded. Tell me the technicality youre referring to.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Forever

Static Shock says:

"Forever says:
"That's fine. If you have no logical reason for choosing Atom and are simply doing so because you wish that he could beat Superman Prime, that's your right. You dont like Superman Prime and that's fine. But if you cant find a way for Captain Atom to react to the attack I mentioned, then your choice has no leg to stand on."
"

There's no technicality in there. You cant find any example of a way for Captain Atom to deal with Superman Prime's superspeed, because he isnt fast enough to deal with it. So where's the technicality?

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Forever

Static Shock says:

"It doesn't matter. I can't be convinced otherwise. I'm finished arguing. "

That's fine. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. But try and keep an open mind and the flexibility to change if the evidence leads you in a different direction. None of these characters are cut in stone so if tomorrow there was a showing of Captain Atom responding to and moving at near light speeds, then I would have no problem reassessing this fight.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#17  Edited By lordraiden

Forever says:

"Static Shock says:
"Why won't he be able to see that coming? He's no ordinary human. He has superhuman reflexes, too. And, Prime won't easily punch his head off. He's not that damn weak. He's invulnerable."
There's a huge difference between superhuman reflexes and being able to react to something moving at light speed. He isn't weak but he certainly isnt on Superman Prime's level. Captain Atom has little more chance of winning than Firestorm did. You see the problem with fighting someone who can move at near light speed while you are maybe able to dodge bullets, is that you can't ever dodge any of their attacks or even respond with an attack of your own. Prime could get thousands or millions of attacks in, simply because Atom can't track his attacks, can't block them and wouldn't be able to think straight enough to come up with any kind of defense. As for him being invulnerable there are several different types of technology that have cracked or cut his skin so he really isn't invulnerable. Superman Prime, with his speed advantage, has practically all the time in the world to breach Atom's skin. This fight would take longer than the one with Firestorm but Prime would still be the winner."

Right on! and well put!

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Static Shock

lordraiden says:

"Forever says:
"Static Shock says:
There's a huge difference between superhuman reflexes and being able to react to something moving at light speed. He isn't weak but he certainly isnt on Superman Prime's level. Captain Atom has little more chance of winning than Firestorm did. You see the problem with fighting someone who can move at near light speed while you are maybe able to dodge bullets, is that you can't ever dodge any of their attacks or even respond with an attack of your own. Prime could get thousands or millions of attacks in, simply because Atom can't track his attacks, can't block them and wouldn't be able to think straight enough to come up with any kind of defense. As for him being invulnerable there are several different types of technology that have cracked or cut his skin so he really isn't invulnerable. Superman Prime, with his speed advantage, has practically all the time in the world to breach Atom's skin. This fight would take longer than the one with Firestorm but Prime would still be the winner."

Right on! and well put!

"

Well, you're 2 days, 12 hours, and 22 minutes late. LOL.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lordraiden

Static Shock says:

"lordraiden says:
"Forever says:
"Static Shock says:
Right on! and well put! "
Well, you're 2 days, 12 hours, and 22 minutes late. LOL."

lol better late then never! : - )x

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Static Shock

Nighthunter says:

"guess we'll be answered soon, very soon
" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/41000/40756/106427-superman-prime_400.jpg"

O_O

WHAT ISSUE!? TELL ME NOW!!!

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nighthunter

guess we'll be answered soon, very soon

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By T.J. Magnum

i vote for superman prime

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Nighthunter

Static Shock says:

"Nighthunter says:
" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/41000/40756/106427-superman-prime_400.jpg"

O_O

WHAT ISSUE!? TELL ME NOW!!!"

this is the ending of this week's countdown #14

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nighthunter

and because I'm bored here's the context

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By the creator

Nighthunter says:

Not strictly true.

Monarch appears to have a different scope of powers to those he had as Capt Atom.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Static Shock

The_Creator says:

"Not strictly true.Monarch appears to have a different scope of powers to those he had as Capt Atom."

What!? He doesn't have his Quantum Field Manipulation!?

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By the creator

Static Shock says:

"The_Creator says:
"Not strictly true. Monarch appears to have a different scope of powers to those he had as Capt Atom."
What!? He doesn't have his Quantum Field Manipulation!?"

No he seems to have undergone an energy manipulation surge as evidenced from Manrch killing dozens of Capt Atoms in a pitched battle - most showing the basic same powers as Monarch (Capt Atom) originally displayed.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Static Shock

So, he's the same Monarch that Hank Hall was?

mantoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mantoid

Post Deleted.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the creator

Static Shock says:

"So, he's the same Monarch that Hank Hall was?"

No. Different wearer of the suit and thus some different powers as well.

Either way Monarch is not the same as Capt Atom in powers and so Superman Prime facing Monarch is not the same as Capt Atom facing Superman Prime.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Static Shock

That is so lame....

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By the creator

Static Shock says:

"That is so lame.... "

To my mind it's like saying Superman is the same as Superman Prime - same character but a big difference in power level.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Static Shock

The_Creator says:

"Static Shock says:
"That is so lame.... "

To my mind it's like saying Superman is the same as Superman Prime - same character but a big difference in power level.

"

In other words, Monarch is weaker than Captain Atom.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By warlock360

Prime

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Nighthunter

Static Shock says:

"The_Creator says:
"Static Shock says:
"That is so lame.... "

"

In other words, Monarch is weaker than Captain Atom."

no, monarch is way more powerfull than captain atom. If it was Captain Atom vs Prime; Prime would win easily. But after what both of them have shown this looks like the most powerfull battle

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Static Shock

Nighthunter says:

"no, monarch is way more powerfull than captain atom. If it was Captain Atom vs Prime; Prime would win easily. But after what both of them have shown this looks like the most powerfull battle"

But, how is that so!? Creator said that he no longer had control over the Quantum Field. So, how can Monarch be more powerful?

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Nighthunter

Static Shock says:

"Nighthunter says:
"no, monarch is way more powerfull than captain atom. If it was Captain Atom vs Prime; Prime would win easily. But after what both of them have shown this looks like the most powerfull battle"

But, how is that so!? Creator said that he no longer had control over the Quantum Field. So, how can Monarch be more powerful?"

he fought three supermen at the same time. The one from rusia, one that was older so more powerfull than the normal man of steel and another more "evolved" superman that was stronger than the other two together by alot.

Also fought three green lanterns, two hal jordans and one bruce wayne. Just by remooving his helmet he killed them

After that he fought all the parallel versions of the captain atom along the multiverse and beated them without problem. Along those were one Captain Atom with the same look that the one he had in the crossover between DC and Wildstorm.

Captain Atom can't do all of that

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Static Shock

Nighthunter says:

"he fought three supermen at the same time. The one from rusia, one that was older so more powerfull than the normal man of steel and another more "evolved" superman that was stronger than the other two together by alot.Also fought three green lanterns, two hal jordans and one bruce wayne. Just by remooving his helmet he killed themAfter that he fought all the parallel versions of the captain atom along the multiverse and beated them without problem. Along those were one Captain Atom with the same look that the one he had in the crossover between DC and Wildstorm.Captain Atom can't do all of that"

Anyway, let me get this straight. Does Monarch still have control over the Quantum Field? Because it still doesn't make sense that he is more powerful than his Captain Atom look, who has the Quantum Field Manipulation. It's the source of his powers. It doesn't makes sense that Monarch doesn't have that. If not, he would pretty much be depowered. Correct?

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Nighthunter

Static Shock says:

"Nighthunter says:
"he fought three supermen at the same time. The one from rusia, one that was older so more powerfull than the normal man of steel and another more "evolved" superman that was stronger than the other two together by alot.Also fought three green lanterns, two hal jordans and one bruce wayne. Just by remooving his helmet he killed themAfter that he fought all the parallel versions of the captain atom along the multiverse and beated them without problem. Along those were one Captain Atom with the same look that the one he had in the crossover between DC and Wildstorm.Captain Atom can't do all of that"

Anyway, let me get this straight. Does Monarch still have control over the Quantum Field? Because it still doesn't make sense that he is more powerful than his Captain Atom look, who has the Quantum Field Manipulation. It's the source of his powers. It doesn't makes sense that Monarch doesn't have that. If not, he would pretty much be depowered. Correct? "

according to monarch's origin (explained in countdown #!7

He has the powers of captain atom augmented by his futuristic armor, and he also has total control over the quantum field

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Static Shock

Nighthunter says:

"according to monarch's origin (explained in countdown #!7He has the powers of captain atom augmented by his futuristic armor, and he also has total control over the quantum field"

O_O

Unbelievable. I'm downloading Countdown, tonight!

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Static Shock

Nighthunter says:

"downloading?"

I download comics from a torrent. I no longer buy them.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Static Shock

Nighthunter says:

"according to monarch's origin (explained in countdown #!7He has the powers of captain atom augmented by his futuristic armor, and he also has total control over the quantum field"

O_O

Unbelievable. I'm downloading Countdown, tonight!

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Nighthunter

Static Shock says:

"Nighthunter says:

O_O

Unbelievable. I'm downloading Countdown, tonight!"

downloading?

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Nighthunter

Static Shock says:

"Nighthunter says:
"downloading?"

I download comics from a torrent. I no longer buy them. "

wow really? how much does it cost?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Static Shock

Nighthunter says:

"Static Shock says:
"Nighthunter says:
"downloading?"

I download comics from a torrent. I no longer buy them. "

wow really? how much does it cost?"

Torrents are free. You gotta download BitComet, and then you gotta search through torrent websites, like isohunt.com and download the torrent files for the comics you searched for. :P

Agreed.Well except for the torrent part.I download directly from 3 different websites.

PM the websites to me. Please, if you don't mind.
Post Edited:2008-01-24 16:41:19

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By the creator

Static Shock says:

"Nighthunter says:
But, how is that so!? Creator said that he no longer had control over the Quantum Field. So, how can Monarch be more powerful?"

I did not say he no longer had control over the quantum field, I saifd his powers had changed i.e. got greater in scope.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Static Shock

The_Creator says:

"I did not say he no longer had control over the quantum field, I saifd his powers had changed i.e. got greater in scope."

It's cool. I misunderstood. Had to go back and read it. Sorry if I put words in your mouth.

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

Prime

DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers