Captain Atom vs Silver Surfer Challenge...

• 51 results
darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darkseid1006

Explanation

So this is a little different to what the title may lead you to think so heres a explanation...

Iv always believed that Captain Atom would take a handy majority over Silver Surfer but after looking at battles on this site it appears i am 1 off a very few number who actually believe that. So the point of this thread is for me too try and prove too any people who believe that SS wins that Captain Atom is actually more powerful. So this is open to any viner who wishes to try and persuade me that SS is in fact too much for CA, using feats and scans will be a lot more helpful when trying to convince me.

Rules

Now here are the rules...

• No BFR
  • Win by death, KO, or extreme incapacitation
  • Death is when a character is killed full stop
  • KO when a character has been knocked unconscious for 10 seconds
  • Extreme uncap is when a character is in such a bad shape that they can no longer continue fighting or when they are put in a position where they can no longer fight e.g. if they where beings that had bones if every bone in their body was broken they couldn't possibly fight any longer but they may not necessarily be KO'ed or dead or if they where to be trapped or restrained in such a way that they couldn't possibly free themselves or continue fighting such as if a steer leveller was restrained by a GL's constructs.
  • Standard versions of both (pre-52 CA and normal non amped Surfer, yes post annihilation feats allowed)
  • No jobbing or PIS feats for either
  • Morals on
  • Characters are both fighting to the best of their abilities

Location: Universe (normal universe not a comic universe. We'll assume the only life is on earth)

So the fight can go anywhere but it begins from normal earth (populated and all).

No Caption Provided

Captain Atom (me) vs Silver Surfer (anyone who disagrees with me)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Any takers? please provide scans and stuff to prove your case (don't worry I'm not going to be a blind fanboy in truth i wouldn't mind if you did persuade me that CA loses all i want to do is try and find out the true result)

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kingant27

Surfer wins, been done; and I think what your looking for is a CAV.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer wins, been done; and I think what your looking for is a CAV.

i was but the idea was that this is just meant to be a lot quicker and less work. + i dont know any Surfer experts...

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006: It seems ok so why not; I would be happy to debate or do a CAV frequently if only my computer layout wasn't mucked up, upon posts unless you know how to work or fix that.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: what's wrong with it? Is it just layout or can you not post scans and stuff?

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: then if by PM you sent me all the scans you wanted to go in all you'd have to do is post a block of text and simply point out where te scans could go and I would be able to put them in for you.

What's wrong with it? Like is it trying to place them in the write place or something else?

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006: I dont want to do that to you, but thank you for offering.

It posts them all messy, and not straight if that makes sense; e.g. when making a thread.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: yeah I had that problem a while ago. In the end I just decided to always post the scans in large centre and rather than trying to move them I have now decided to use the "U" and "D" buttons (you've probably already tryed that but if you haven't its worth a shot)

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006: What do you mean, U and D button? I have not tried this

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: when you post a scan I you hover over it you will get the option of a pop up bar at the top, it should say Caption and then next to that have a button that has U on and one that has D on, the U button is to move te scan up and the D is too move it down.

Give it a quick test now.

Also do you use desktop to post images or do you do it through URL?

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006: I use Desktop and the site itself; also I am currently on my phone; I might try it tommorow some time; but as I am working I cannot assure I will check tommorow; anyway I will PM you if it work, thank you for your help.

And if it does work I will make sure to post for SS on this thread or possibly do a CAV sometime with you if that's ok.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: ok

Personally I would recomend using photo bucket to store your images. That way you can insert using URL and place them as tumbprint images which take up less space and are easy to use.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006: ok, is it as easy as adding images from the site or desktop?

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: it's as easy as copy and pasting a URL link. Difference is you can format it a lot better and easier if inserting through URL for instance you can have up to 9 small images in a line that open to normal size when you click it.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006: Ok thank you, I will PM you or something if it does or doesn't work.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By uugieboogie

@darkseid1006: surfer drained the gamma energy hulk , can't he drain CA ?

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Captain Atom FTW.He is no joke no push over either.He has the feats to take out surfer.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: Doesn't SS have the feats to take out CA to, lol

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By darkseid1006

@uugieboogie: I'd like to see him try and drain Nathiel. It's already been attempted by a power drainer and CA intentionally continued to pump energy into him until he was overloaded. CA draws his energy from a limitless source there's no draining his power.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer traps Jim in his board

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By darkseid1006
@thanosii said:

Surfer traps Jim in his board

You sure that would work? Is it not possible to matter manipulate yourself out of the board or destroy the board (i know he can recreate it but it can be destroyed right?)

@darkseid1006: can SS be overloaded ?

Has Surfer ever proven he has unlimited absorption potential?

Cap strongly implies that he is pumping limitless energy into his armour.
Cap strongly implies that he is pumping limitless energy into his armour.

More confirmation that Captain Atom draws his energy from a infinite source...

Again confirmation from Hal Jordan that Captain Atom's powers are purely will based. It should be noted that CA did win this fight in the end and that the whole time he was holding back until the KO blow.
Again confirmation from Hal Jordan that Captain Atom's powers are purely will based. It should be noted that CA did win this fight in the end and that the whole time he was holding back until the KO blow.

So unless Surfer doesn't have a limit and has proven to not have a limit then Captain Atom can simply overload him.

ripcurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By ripcurl

Unless Captain Atom can casually destroy a planet, SS wins this easily.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jbourne_32
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jbourne_32: I am away from home, till Aug 10 (hence this font). I could continue once i get back, but if Captain Atom was as powerful as his current counterpart Surfer is looking at a downhill battle.

Have only read up on new 52 Captain Atom and the dude looks scary :p

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jbourne_32: I am away from home, till Aug 10 (hence this font). I could continue once i get back, but if Captain Atom was as powerful as his current counterpart Surfer is looking at a downhill battle.

Have only read up on new 52 Captain Atom and the dude looks scary :p

He is, but Surfer aint too bad himself. I would have felt bad if you actually supported Atom in this battle god that would have been awkward

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@darkseid1006 Hal's ring ran out

No it didn't Hal's ring was going to run out soon, he said that much himself, but seconds after he said that they both ran at each other and Cap used his Quantum Boom to KO Hal.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripcurl: Captain Atom could destroy a planet yes...

Captain Atom's energies where so powerful not even the combined efforts of Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner could hold them of long.

Heres what Hal is capable off...

Scan 1: GL stalls the Anti-Monitor with his power. Scan 2: 2 GL's casually dive into the sun (the sun is easily a planet busting force). Scan 3-6: A random GL protects himself from Doomsday's planet busting attacks and imprisons him for a good amount of time.

Now they where all standard GL's too which both Guy and Hal are above, heres what Hal Jordan does too standard GL's.....

Hal Jordan stomps multiple GL's. NOTE: He beat the first 2 with 1 ring but as he went on he continued to steal their rings so by the time he was at Kilowog he had 8 rings.

So yeah Cap has easily has the potential to shatter planets (its just because he holds back a lot when near planets that he's never actually shown destroying one)
What can Surfer do too counter Captain Atom overloading him?

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006: While good evidence, it doesn't show him easily destroying planets.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By darkseid1006

@kingant27: It showed Cap destroying a object easily more durable than a planet so that should in fact be better. Did what i tell you to do with the scans help or not?

dcandmarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dcandmarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006: keep up debating for Captain Atom you're good at it

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dcandmarvel: oh

Now that I think abou it that wasn't difficult to understand.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006: I havnt managed to use a computer yet; so not yet.

Also he hasn't shown being able to destroy a planet easily, yes you showed him having the potential to destroy a planet; but not him actually doing it.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Atom has the capabilities is way more powerful than Surfer if i find my hard drive with the scans i will try to prove this .

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By darkseid1006

@kingant27: Oh yeah i pointed that out. The reason is because of Captain Atom's morals she fighting on earth...

Captain Atom took multiple hits from a blood lusted mind controlled  without fighting back because even if all he wanted to do was fight back he could wipe out half of Tokyo and if he went all out he would leak energy which as shown when 2 GL's tried to contain it has the capability to destroy the planet.
Captain Atom took multiple hits from a blood lusted mind controlled without fighting back because even if all he wanted to do was fight back he could wipe out half of Tokyo and if he went all out he would leak energy which as shown when 2 GL's tried to contain it has the capability to destroy the planet.

So yeah thats why he doesn't destroy planets.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@darkseid1006: you know a lot of people have said before that surfer takes it with minimal effort but I have always believed its a pretty even match :)

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By darkseid1006

@comicdude360: I know thats what made me make this. Trust me your belief i correct :)

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@darkseid1006: wow, this is actually a pretty good idea. maybe when I get back to the US of A I should do a similar thread, except I am going to be using lucifer against LT.

to me, surfer was always the more powerful if the two but your arguments are beginning to turn me around. keep up the good work!

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006: CA is pretty powerful but SS wins this. He's a verified planet buster and very versatile in using his powers. He could trap CA in his board, take him to astral plane. He's absorbed energy off of Earths sun before and he's absorbed the energies of "The Crunch" and used that amp to defeat Tenebrous and Aegis two Galactus level beings. He can absorb enough of CA's energy to damage him or send back to him and pop him like a balloon.

Also the creating a universe thing was done inside the Quantum Zone, he's never been shown to be capable of that outside of the zone.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By darkseid1006

@wavemotioncannon said:

@darkseid1006: CA is pretty powerful but SS wins this. He's a verified planet buster and very versatile in using his powers. He could trap CA in his board, take him to astral plane. He's absorbed energy off of Earths sun before and he's absorbed the energies of "The Crunch" and used that amp to defeat Tenebrous and Aegis two Galactus level beings. He can absorb enough of CA's energy to damage him or send back to him and pop him like a balloon.

Also the creating a universe thing was done inside the Quantum Zone, he's never been shown to be capable of that outside of the zone.

1. Captain Atom is a planet buster, just because you haven't busted a planet doesn't mean your not a planet buster, hell he's destroyed objects that are at least 10 times as durable as a planet. (i know iv already posted but ill re-post it here)

Captain Atom's energies where so powerful not even the combined efforts of Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner could hold them of long.

Heres what Hal is capable off...

Scan 1: GL stalls the Anti-Monitor with his power. Scan 2: 2 GL's casually dive into the sun (the sun is easily a planet busting force). Scan 3-6: A random GL protects himself from Doomsday's planet busting attacks and imprisons him for a good amount of time.

Now they where all standard GL's too which both Guy and Hal are above, heres what Hal Jordan does too standard GL's.....

Hal Jordan stomps multiple GL's. NOTE: He beat the first 2 with 1 ring but as he went on he continued to steal their rings so by the time he was at Kilowog he had 8 rings.

So yeah Cap has easily has the potential to shatter planets (its just because he holds back a lot when near planets that he's never actually shown destroying one)

Also id like too see a feat of Surfer actually destroying a planet? because the one that i already have isn't actually proving anything here...

Ill have to continue on another post because i just had some problems trying to post a scas=n

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By darkseid1006

@wavemotioncannon: So this is the second part to what i was trying to say before...

CA is pretty powerful but SS wins this. He's a verified planet buster and very versatile in using his powers. He could trap CA in his board, take him to astral plane. He's absorbed energy off of Earths sun before and he's absorbed the energies of "The Crunch" and used that amp to defeat Tenebrous and Aegis two Galactus level beings. He can absorb enough of CA's energy to damage him or send back to him and pop him like a balloon.

So ill continue where i left off with the fact that the scan provided for Surfer's planet busting power isn't actually helpful.....

What this shows me is Surfer and Morg (Morg himself before annihilation was more powerful than Surfer so pre-annihilation he may be just under or equal) shatter a planet meaning that Surfer in fact showed power to shatter 50%-75% of a planet. Show me him shattering a planet by himself.

2. Trapping Captain Atom in his board? is that really going to work against someone as powerful as CA? Take into account Cable has been able to shatter SS board and he doesn't have anything on CA...

Cable casually shattered Surfer's board. Show me Surfer imprisoning someone on CA's level and then i'll believe you...
Cable casually shattered Surfer's board. Show me Surfer imprisoning someone on CA's level and then i'll believe you...

3. Umm earths sun is nothing compared to Captain Atom who wields limitless amounts of energy from the quantum field...

Scan 1: CA near enough confirms he has limitless energy. Scan 2: CA's powers are purely based on will power and are otherwise limitless. Scan 3: Confirmation that the quantum field is limitless in energy and is restricted only by CA's imagination but as proven in scan 1 we already know that CA already has the potential to utilise the limitless energy in a very basic way.

So seeing as the best absorption feat you've provided for SS is feeding 2 Galactus level beings it would seem even Surfer has a limit and once CA finds out SS drains power he will overload him...
And you can't absorb CA's energies their as they don't have a end.

4. Thats exactly what i wanted to happen in fact i was contemplating as to wether or not CA would use that too defeat SS himself but its out of character for him too enter the astral plain in a fight yet now that SS has done it he's sealed his own demise...

Heres Captain Atom vs Nekron (on the astral plain): Captain Atom drained Nekron of every bit of his energy and pinked him like a child. NOTE: CA wasn't allowed to use his quantum abilities (which he said himself are also amped) but the one time he did he layer Nekron on the floor in 1 move...

Now i know about Surfer's reputation on the astral plain but even then he still has nothing on Nekron...

Surfer states that a guy who could drain him dry effortlessly on the mortal/normal plain would have no chance of doing the same to him on the astral plain.
Surfer states that a guy who could drain him dry effortlessly on the mortal/normal plain would have no chance of doing the same to him on the astral plain.

So yeah Surfer has a upgrade on the astral plain but it isn't half as good as CA's (you know the guy who decked Nekron with no trouble at all).

Nekron crushed the Anti-Montior with next to no effort and even stating how he was nothing to him. Before you claim Nekron was amped or anything i would like to point out that at this point all the additional power that he may have gained from Blackest Night was now diminished by his main power supply being negated (Anti-Monitor being raised) and all his lanterns brought back to life so he was in fact at standard power levels, also IIRC all the BLC was for was to charge the BLC battery so that it had enough energy to bring Nekron into the living plain and the only amp Nekron would have received would have been the high death rate throughout the universe that was caused but its been a while since i read Blackest Night.

Also id like to point out that when the entity brought the Black Lantntern's back to life they where all brought back too their standard power level meaning that this Anti-Monitor was at his original levels which where universal/multiversal...

Anti-Monitors standard power was equal to that of the Monitor who had power over the positive matter multiverse
Anti-Monitors standard power was equal to that of the Monitor who had power over the positive matter multiverse

Yet even if he is only returned to SCW levels he is still far above that of Silver Surfer...

As we see her SCW AM still had the power to create a anti-matter wave (as proven in COIE these waves could demolish universes) that was unstoppable and was consuming everything in its path including GL's the planet and all. He then tanks a blast from 3 guardians who where so powerful they shattered his armour, proceeds to kill a guardian like he was nothing, takes a explosion capable of decimating a galaxy, and still has the power to demolish a fair amount of members from the GLC while leaking out nearly all his energy.

So on the astral plain CA could effortlessly annihilate Surfer...

5. This is how Captain Atom wins even if the fight is not taken to the astral plain...
He simply absorbs all of Surfer's power (he did it too Nekron and he eclipses Surfer in power) and before you say anything about quantum leaping he no longer does that as he has learnt a way that stops it from happening...

Scan 1: Captain Atom has limitless energy absorption but just needs to regulate his energy intake. Scans 2-3: Cap putting this technique into practice.

So CA could simply drain Surfer of all his energy (seeing as he stated himself that it can be done and his energy is not limitless)
Or he could in fact decimate him with his shear power...

You said that this is not valid as it is done inside the quantum field which you seem to imply makes him more powerful because it is the source of his power? In fact it does not make him any more powerful than normal as the quantum field doesn't exist until he calls for its power meaning he creates the field itself so it does not give him any advantage being in it. What is does effect his powers is his will power and imagination as stated in scan 1. The reason you dont see Capt Atom at these levels normally is because he always holds back i mean hell he holds back when fighting people like Power Girl in fear that he will damage the earth he would never use any of these powers when its not somewhere it won't effect anyone. Point is this proves that CA has all the power he needs to take out Silver Surfer even though it may take a while for him to decide to use it.

If you need more then i'll be happy to deliver but until you counter this i see no need...

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Sly_141

In the normal universe does the power cosmic still work...