#351 Posted by ToO_RaW (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

@ToO_RaW said:

@Needlebay said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Silver Surfer stomps.

Who has Surfer stomped on Atom's level? I'm talking DCnU Atom here.

Firelord, Loki, Morg, Terrax. All at least CA's level. He didn't stomp them, but showed clear superiority.

Actually if I remember correctly, Loki showed his superiority over Classic Surfer.

I forget exactly what happened. But the rest I am sure of and they are PC users as well.

#352 Posted by crabtree (1610 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister said:

@Charlie_Jade: Doesn't work that way for characters that have a 40 year history, almost no character is represented the same as they where in the 60's and 70's so we discount a lot of older feats unless listed as otherwise when we say classic Thor or classic Surfer or Pre-Crisis Darkseid who is the same character with the same continuity but is clearly not on the same level.

@crabtree: Cartoon's don't count they are effectively separate characters with there own history and normally a lot less powerful.

It does count because DC approved of it.

#353 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@ToO_RaW said:

@ToO_RaW said:

@Needlebay said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Silver Surfer stomps.

Who has Surfer stomped on Atom's level? I'm talking DCnU Atom here.

Firelord, Loki, Morg, Terrax. All at least CA's level. He didn't stomp them, but showed clear superiority.

Actually if I remember correctly, Loki showed his superiority over Classic Surfer.

I forget exactly what happened. But the rest I am sure of and they are PC users as well.

Oh.

#354 Posted by e3zombie (720 posts) - - Show Bio

bump..

#355 Posted by Nightflash (713 posts) - - Show Bio

@crabtree: Cartoon feats dont count unless...

1: The character is cartoon version

2: The cartoon is specifically based of a comic

#356 Posted by ThorGreenBatSilverDare (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Silversurfer- naerly the strongest!

#357 Posted by monarch_prime (363 posts) - - Show Bio

Atom.

#358 Posted by crabtree (1610 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightflash said:

@crabtree: Cartoon feats dont count unless...

1: The character is cartoon version

2: The cartoon is specifically based of a comic

DC approved of it.

#359 Posted by Nightflash (713 posts) - - Show Bio

@crabtree: You're an idiot. Just because DC approves of something, doesn't mean it applies to everything DC related.

#360 Posted by crabtree (1610 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightflash said:

@crabtree: You're an idiot. Just because DC approves of something, doesn't mean it applies to everything DC related.

Calm down, yes it does.

#361 Posted by Nightflash (713 posts) - - Show Bio

@crabtree: So everything that happened pre crisis applies to the new 52? Everything that happened flashpoint applies to new 52? Idiot

#362 Posted by chaoichi (77 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightflash said:

@crabtree: So everything that happened pre crisis applies to the new 52? Everything that happened flashpoint applies to new 52? Idiot

Don't forget Marvel Superhero Squad, and Fantastic Four 2 has to apply to Silver Surfer because Marvel approved it.

#363 Posted by crabtree (1610 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaoichi said:

@Nightflash said:

Don't forget Marvel Superhero Squad, and Fantastic Four 2 has to apply to Silver Surfer because Marvel approved it.

Yes.

#364 Edited by Nightflash (713 posts) - - Show Bio

@crabtree: Thats funny because pre crisis, captain atom isnt the same as post crisis. Different person and design. Are you saying that captain atom is two people and has two different costumes? Do you know what the word reboot means idiot?

#365 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see new 52 Atom taking this.

#366 Posted by New_World_Order (11159 posts) - - Show Bio

SS

#367 Posted by X_insignia1 (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara said:

possibly

#368 Posted by Nightflash (713 posts) - - Show Bio

@crabtree:

mach 2, really idiot?

#369 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer most likely wins

#370 Posted by Kainboa (87 posts) - - Show Bio

@crabtree said:

@chaoichi said:

@Nightflash said:

Yes.

This has got to be one of the more idiotic things I've seen in a long time.

No, the things that happen in the various cartoons doesn't have any kind of impact on the main universe, whether it be Marvel or DC, they exist in their own independent universe, just like the various Movies exist in their own universe.

The fact that you claim this, simply shows that you don't know what you're talking about, and as such, should be ignored.

For the fight, Captain atom wins, easily.

#371 Edited by chaoichi (77 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kainboa said:

@crabtree said:

@chaoichi said:

@Nightflash said:

Yes.

No, the things that happen in the various cartoons doesn't have any kind of impact on the main universe, whether it be Marvel or DC, they exist in their own independent universe, just like the various Movies exist in their own universe.

The fact that you claim this, simply shows that you don't know what you're talking about, and as such, should be ignored.

That was the point someone tried using DCAU Captain Atom and saying those feats are his limit because DC approved it -.-

#372 Posted by crabtree (1610 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kainboa said:

@crabtree said:

@chaoichi said:

@Nightflash said:

Yes.

They are both in the main universe. It's Marvel and DC

#373 Posted by Hohotask (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom have better feats then Silver surfer, Captain Atom wins!!

#374 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2519 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer

#375 Posted by LubeMan (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara said:

#376 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4033 posts) - - Show Bio

SS alll day everyday

#377 Posted by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

I still believe Surfer has much better feats, even against New52

INTELLIGENCE - Surfer is a ahead here, he's from a very advanced alien world, a world that was light years ahead of us spiritually and scientifically and he's got this "cosmic awareness" ace

SS 1 CA 0

STRENGTH - Silver Surfer has one shot Skrulls, the Thing and Ronan using physical strength. A depowered Surfer almost defeated Hulk who is supposed to be the toughest guy in Marvel. New52 hasn't shown any top tier strength feats yet

SS 2 CA 0

SPEED - Advantage Surfer by a long shot

SS 3 CA 0

DAMAGE SOAK - Not sure about this one. Atom seems to get hurt, a volcano or nuke sized explosion would possibly destroy his body.

However Atom can reform like Stardust and Dr Manhattan.

Silver Surfer can soak hits from Skrulls, the Thing and Ronan with little or no damage,

he even survives supernova, blackholes and solar systems blowing up.

possibly a tie here

TELEKENESIS PSIONICS - Advantage Silver Surfer, new 52 Atom might have some telekenesis but the clear adantage is Surfer, levitating ships, pyramids, going into billions of people's minds, feeding psychoman's psycho kenetic energy back into him....Surfer wins this

SS 4 CA 0

AGILITY - Neither of them fight like Batman or Spiderman,

I give them a tie

Fighting Ability - Atom is a trained fighter, Surfer is poor at hand to hand and comes from an alien planet of peace

SS 4 CA 1

ENERGY PROJECTION

Silver Surfer has manipulated the atoms of a whole planet, Surfer has briefly channeled the power of 'the crunch', Surfer has transmuted enemies in battles. Silver Surfer transformed himself into an alien and ate the Prince of Orphans soul spitting him into a volcano, Surfer has transformed himself into a walking atomic bomb, Surfer has been seen to be feeding on an enemy's energy attack mid battle and Silver Surfer has made stars explode. New52 Atom has impressive feats but he's still way behind Surfer who has 40+ years of energy manipulation feats

SS 5 CA 1

Surfer 5 Atom 1

#378 Edited by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Captain Atom.

#379 Posted by MonsterStomp (13118 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom easy.

#380 Edited by GhostRider2 (2985 posts) - - Show Bio

Atom won't win just because he created something, that won't help him here.SS ftw.

#381 Edited by MonsterStomp (13118 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider2: Atom is a universal buster. Get back to me when Silver Surfer can do that in character.

#382 Edited by GhostRider2 (2985 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: what can Atom do to him?What can he do and SS can't?

#383 Posted by MonsterStomp (13118 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider2: You should be telling me what SS can do to Atom, but if you insist. Atom created his own universe via energy manipulation and destroyed it. Has SS taken a universal busting attack?

#384 Edited by GhostRider2 (2985 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: and how is that going to help him here?Creating a universe won't help him in a fight, however he gives Surfer a fight but in the end Surfer wins.I don't remember about a universal atack or i missed that...

#385 Edited by MonsterStomp (13118 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider2: Well you asked what Atom can do that SS can't and I replied "He created a universe", then you asked what Atom can do to SS and I basically replied "Atom can use universal busting attacks.". You just ignored everything I said man, what can SS do to Atom?

#386 Posted by GhostRider2 (2985 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: i didn't ignored, they have similar powers but SS has more powers than him and i find SS better than Atom, how is Atom vs telepathy?He better have some good defense and SS also has the speed advantage...

#387 Posted by MonsterStomp (13118 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider2: Firstly, SS doesn't use telepathy right off the bat. Secondly, Captain Atom is pretty damn fast, he recently flew to the edge of the universe and can speed his perceptions to where everything is frozen in time. SS can't win.

#388 Edited by GhostRider2 (2985 posts) - - Show Bio
#389 Posted by MonsterStomp (13118 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider2: You can disagree. The way I see it, SS has never tanked a universal buster and CA has fought the likes of Mr Majestic (who would also beat SS).

#390 Edited by GhostRider2 (2985 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: a morals on SS maybe, cosmic power>Majestic or Atom but let's stay on this fight.

#391 Edited by Killemall (16959 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider2: Atom is a universal buster. Get back to me when Silver Surfer can do that in character.

He did that inside the Quantum Zone though, he has never done anything at that level outside it.

To match that feat, at least to some extent, Silver Surfer, near death, during Annihilation channeled the energy of the crunch (the meeting of all energies in the universe) and use that do defeat 2 Galactus level beings.

#392 Posted by MadnessFall (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain atom?

#393 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

He did that inside the Quantum Zone though, he has never done anything at that level outside it.

To match that feat, at least to some extent, Silver Surfer, near death, during Annihilation channeled the energy of the crunch (the meeting of all energies in the universe) and use that do defeat 2 Galactus level beings.

IIRC, He wasn't in the Quantum zone. he was tapping into the Quantum field which is actually a normal thing, as that is where his powers derive from. IIRC the Quantum field of Atom is like the Power Cosmic to Surfer. He destroyed a universe, after he created a universe, simply by thinking of it.

#394 Posted by Killemall (16959 posts) - - Show Bio

IIRC, He wasn't in the Quantum zone. he was tapping into the Quantum field which is actually a normal thing, as that is where his powers derive from. IIRC the Quantum field of Atom is like the Power Cosmic to Surfer. He destroyed a universe, after he created a universe, simply by thinking of it.

He was in the Quantum Zone, he created an entire universe in the Quantum Zone but had a side effect a dark Captain Atom arises, who challanges him that there is no universe you can create in the quantum field that he would not be a part of.

The series itself is called Quantum Quest, as it was about Captain Atom being inside the quantum Zone all the while.

#395 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (755 posts) - - Show Bio

I still believe Surfer has much better feats, even against New52

INTELLIGENCE - Surfer is a ahead here, he's from a very advanced alien world, a world that was light years ahead of us spiritually and scientifically and he's got this "cosmic awareness" ace

SS 1 CA 0

I tend to agree. He was a scientist on a world that had wiped out the plagues common to us through scientific discovery.

STRENGTH - Silver Surfer has one shot Skrulls, the Thing and Ronan using physical strength. A depowered Surfer almost defeated Hulk who is supposed to be the toughest guy in Marvel. New52 hasn't shown any top tier strength feats yet

SS 2 CA 0

Generally, I agree. He seems to handle Hulk, even tanking shots from him that crumble many.

SPEED - Advantage Surfer by a long shot

SS 3 CA 0

I can't comment on pre Nu52 Nathaniel, but I do remember him and Barry walking in front of machine gun fire and casually plucking the bullets out of the air. Of course, I've seen Wally West do the same at just under light speed while chatting with Max Mercury. So I suppose contingent upon evidence that suggests otherwise, Surfer is faster.

DAMAGE SOAK - Not sure about this one. Atom seems to get hurt, a volcano or nuke sized explosion would possibly destroy his body.

However Atom can reform like Stardust and Dr Manhattan.

I honestly don't know on this one.

Silver Surfer can soak hits from Skrulls, the Thing and Ronan with little or no damage,

he even survives supernova, blackholes and solar systems blowing up.

possibly a tie here

For sure. Surfer has stupid durability feats, casually tanking shots from the Hulk, riding the waves of a super nova, absorbing the laser fire of an entire armada of space ships, absorbing the energy and using it to re-ignite a dying star. On the other hand, from what little I've read of CA, he seems comparable.

TELEKENESIS PSIONICS - Advantage Silver Surfer, new 52 Atom might have some telekenesis but the clear adantage is Surfer, levitating ships, pyramids, going into billions of people's minds, feeding psychoman's psycho kenetic energy back into him....Surfer wins this

SS 4 CA 0

He is a more powerful telepath than he gets credit for, but I don't put him in the same tier of a Martian Manhunter or Xavier. On the other hand, he has resisted the telepathic assault of Moondragon with the mind gem, which same telepathic attack rendered Xavier useless.

AGILITY - Neither of them fight like Batman or Spiderman,

I give them a tie

Agreed

Fighting Ability - Atom is a trained fighter, Surfer is poor at hand to hand and comes from an alien planet of peace

SS 4 CA 1

I agree here....except, when you are as fast as SS, do you really need to know how to fight?

ENERGY PROJECTION

Silver Surfer has manipulated the atoms of a whole planet, Surfer has briefly channeled the power of 'the crunch', Surfer has transmuted enemies in battles. Silver Surfer transformed himself into an alien and ate the Prince of Orphans soul spitting him into a volcano, Surfer has transformed himself into a walking atomic bomb, Surfer has been seen to be feeding on an enemy's energy attack mid battle and Silver Surfer has made stars explode. New52 Atom has impressive feats but he's still way behind Surfer who has 40+ years of energy manipulation feats

SS 5 CA 1

Agreed.

#396 Posted by amalgamuniverse (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Goosebump.

Btw I think CA would win this

This is from here on this site:

- Energy Absorption - Extreme energy absorption that's second to none in the DC Universe. With proper control, concentration, and regulation of his energy absorption rate, he is capable of absorb infinite amounts of energy to avoid quantum jumping through time. There is almost no form of energy that Captain Atom is unable to absorb. In the new 52 he absorbed a Nuclear Bomb.

Doesn't that mean that he can continually absorb energy from SS?

#397 Edited by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

@amalgamuniverse:

No surfer has abosorbed stars and used the energy from the Big Bang he would own cap. Surfer would just bust his suit, there's no question norin should be much more durable

#398 Posted by amalgamuniverse (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@moonman78: I thought CA's suit was invulnerable.

#399 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

@amalgamuniverse:

No unless it changed in new 52, caps suit has been breeched several times and he has nearly been killed,when the suit is burst he is bfred and usually left in a coma, look at monarch he's just a stronger version of CA.

#400 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumpity bump