Surfer destroys
Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Lupine

My God I enjoyed reading this so much. Let me say Thanks Static and to Morpheus as well.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@Lupine said:
" My God I enjoyed reading this so much. Let me say Thanks Static and to Morpheus as well. "
You're welcome. But, what was enjoyable about this?
Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Lupine

Well obviously not the random non-explanation interjections, but I just love a good and nicely debated thread. It was just a good read to me.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@Lupine said:
" Well obviously not the random non-explanation interjections, but I just love a good and nicely debated thread. It was just a good read to me. "
Understandable.
Torpor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Torpor
@Static Shock said:
" @Torpor said:
" What makes you choose Captain Atom?  Sounds like a high level of fanboyism to say he can beat someone like Surfer.   I hope this thread was a lesson in humility for you. "
You're the last person to talk about a high-level of fanboyism, especially for posting a nonsense video in the Batman vs Bane thread, and saying that Bane is below Batman. You shouldn't respond to posts that were made two years ago. Opinions change. For example....

Bane is below Batman though.  I suggest you read something other than Teen Titans.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@Torpor said:
" Bane is below Batman though.  I suggest you read something other than Teen Titans. "
Funny, seeing how Batman has never defeated Bane. I suggest you actually read a comic book, and stop watching Bruce Timm nonsense like it means something...
Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

So Torpor is Klandicar? Meaning ignore him completely..

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@Emerald_General_Jai said:
" So Torpor is Klandicar? Meaning ignore him completely.. "
Yeah. Rumor has it that he told on himself.
Torpor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Torpor
@Static Shock said:
" @Torpor said:
" Bane is below Batman though.  I suggest you read something other than Teen Titans. "
Funny, seeing how Batman has never defeated Bane. I suggest you actually read a comic book, and stop watching Bruce Timm nonsense like it means something... "
...Why did Bane need an elaborate plan to weaken Batman just to fight him then?  Batman also has better feats than Bane and has beaten the stronger opponents.  As for you being for Captain Atom then being against him, they call that a flip flop in politics.  It is a question of judgment when you dont know Surfer stomps Captain Atom.  Do you even know what the power cosmic is?   Why dont you read about Surfer and some of the galaxy spannng contests he has had against his adversaries?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@Torpor said:

" ...Why did Bane need an elaborate plan to weaken Batman just to fight him then?  Batman also has better feats than Bane and has beaten the stronger opponents.

Why is that Batman (who was in top physical condition) could only stalemate Bane without Venom in a fight after that? Why is it that the fight ended with Bane nearly drowning Batman? Oh, that's right. You didn't read the comic.

@Torpor said:

" As for you being for Captain Atom then being against him, they call that a flip flop in politics.

Mainly because others were able to prove that the Surfer was superior to him.

@Torpor said:

" It is a question of judgment when you dont know Surfer stomps Captain Atom.

It's a question of judgment when you're using videos from cartoons to prove a point involving comic book characters. That's even worse. It's also a question of judgment when you believe Captain America can KO the Hulk and that Sentry can really move at light speed when he's never done it. Please. Don't put your failures and insecurities on me. You're acting like a desperate fool.

@Torpor said:

" Do you even know what the power cosmic is?

Yes. The source of power possessed by Galactus and endowed to his Heralds, granting them cosmic abilities. In Surfer's case, it grants him vast superhuman physical attributes, the power to manipulate energy, matter, time (seeing though time and time travel), and various other abilities. Anything else you'd like to know? 

@Torpor said:

" Why dont you read about Surfer and some of the galaxy spannng contests he has had against his adversaries? "

I've read plenty. But, judging by the lack of comic book knowledge you've displayed here and in other threads, you probably haven't read any of the Silver Surfer yourself.
lilexplizit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#162  Edited By lilexplizit

Surfer

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#163  Edited By rbysjti

SS wins!

Silver Savage Returns
Silver Savage Returns
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#164  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@rbysjti: Please dont spam the threads with (character A wins) followed by a picture. It does not take any time to put down an actual well thought out response. Thanks.
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#165  Edited By rbysjti
@Gambler said:
" @rbysjti: Please dont spam the threads with (character A wins) followed by a picture. It does not take any time to put down an actual well thought out response. Thanks. "
i see. ok

Silver Surfer wins cos he's more indestructible and i believe he is more powerful and stronger.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Perfect :)

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#167  Edited By castleking
Silver surfer wins!! b/c Norrin Radd said so!!
Silver Surfer
Silver Surfer
He is going to go in surfing at high speed with high lvl blast!! oooh yeah... 

then when the captain is trying to adjust to his energy SS follows up with a uppercut and a close quarter fight............. by then  CA will be begging for a finishing blow.................. SS will unload with a planet lvl omni attack..... causing the captain to either get ko'ed or sent into the quantum field........ all this will happen on universal television so get in ur seats for the greatest beat down in history!!
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Static Shock  Online

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By castleking
@Static Shock said:
" ................ "
flagged for spamming...  -_-
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@castleking said:
" flagged for spamming...  -_- "
Excuse me?
Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

@Gambler said:
" Perfect :) "
Yo Gambler, is that Lion-O's dad in ur Avatar?
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By castleking
@Static Shock said:
" @castleking said:
" flagged for spamming...  -_- "
Excuse me? "
jk
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Emerald_General_Jai said:
" @Gambler said:
" Perfect :) "
Yo Gambler, is that Lion-O's dad in ur Avatar? "
Nah it was Lion-O himself from the Dogs of War arc
Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Red_Blade
@rbysjti said:
" SS wins!

Silver Savage Returns
Silver Savage Returns
"
aye, where is morpheus when you need him =l
NYCPulpWriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By NYCPulpWriter

as powerful as Atom is, he wouldn't stand a chance against Surfer. Surfer would turn him into human in the middle of space, wait for Cap to black out and take him back to earth.
 I also couldn't help but notice that one person talked about Cap's containment suit. Looks like he was thinking about the JLU cap when he's all energy, not unlike in the comic when the flesh is UNDER the metal skin.

Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Red_Blade
@NYCPulpWriter said:

" as powerful as Atom is, he wouldn't stand a chance against Surfer. Surfer would turn him into human in the middle of space, wait for Cap to black out and take him back to earth.  I also couldn't help but notice that one person talked about Cap's containment suit. Looks like he was thinking about the JLU cap when he's all energy, not unlike in the comic when the flesh is UNDER the metal skin. "

While I agree SS wins [at least for now] Atom can pull out a few wins 
How would Surfer turn living energy into a human? And when did Atom ever show flesh under his containment suit?
I've seen him use energy to make himself appear as a human, but that's it.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#177  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Red_Blade said:
" @rbysjti said:
" SS wins!

Silver Savage Returns
Silver Savage Returns
"
aye, where is morpheus when you need him =l "
I'm here.

@Lupine said:
" My God I enjoyed reading this so much. Let me say Thanks Static and to Morpheus as well. "
I'm glad.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@Red_Blade said:
" While I agree SS wins [at least for now] Atom can pull out a few wins  How would Surfer turn living energy into a human? And when did Atom ever show flesh under his containment suit? I've seen him use energy to make himself appear as a human, but that's it. "

No Caption Provided
 I don't recall Nate using energy to make himself appear human. If not covered in the armor, he's a human being.
Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Red_Blade
@Static Shock said:
" @Red_Blade said:
" While I agree SS wins [at least for now] Atom can pull out a few wins  How would Surfer turn living energy into a human? And when did Atom ever show flesh under his containment suit? I've seen him use energy to make himself appear as a human, but that's it. "

No Caption Provided
 I don't recall Nate using energy to make himself appear human. If not covered in the armor, he's a human being. "
He did it after his fight with Majestic when he was in WS universe
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@Red_Blade said:
He did it after his fight with Majestic when he was in WS universe "
After his fight with Majestic, he made the Dilustel Armor disappear, revealing his human body. That was in issue 2 of Armageddon. Nothing there about using energy to make himself appear human. He just takes the armor away at will.

No Caption Provided
Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Red_Blade
@Static Shock said:
" @Red_Blade said:
He did it after his fight with Majestic when he was in WS universe "
After his fight with Majestic, he made the Dilustel Armor disappear, revealing his human body. That was in issue 2 of Armageddon. Nothing there about using energy to make himself appear human. He just takes the armor away at will.

No Caption Provided
"
That makes sense
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@NYCPulpWriter said:
"I also couldn't help but notice that one person talked about Cap's containment suit.
That one person was oblivious to the fact that the suit doesn't easily get busted like that. But, he's been away for a while, so he's not important. LOL. Several superpwoered beings couldn't do it, such as Ultraa, Apollo, Mr. Majestic, Maul, Major Force, and Power Girl. The lot of them are close, if not equal, to Superman (with Majestic being the exception, for he's shown to be stronger than Superman). The suit is only breached for plot reasons or PIS (getting blasted by a Monitor, just to be put in the Monarch suit; getting his suit breached by Mary Marvel with punches). The only legitimate time that the suit was breached was when Crimson Avenger shot her magical bullets at him (which punch through anything).
Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Red_Blade
@Static Shock said:
" @NYCPulpWriter said:
"I also couldn't help but notice that one person talked about Cap's containment suit.
That one person was oblivious to the fact that the suit doesn't easily get busted like that. But, he's been away for a while, so he's not important. LOL. Several superpwoered beings couldn't do it, such as Ultraa, Apollo, Mr. Majestic, Maul, Major Force, and Power Girl. The lot of them are close, if not equal, to Superman (with Majestic being the exception, for he's shown to be stronger than Superman). The suit is only breached for plot reasons or PIS (getting blasted by a Monitor, just to be put in the Monarch suit; getting his suit breached by Mary Marvel with punches). The only legitimate time that the suit was breached was when Crimson Avenger shot her magical bullets at him (which punch through anything). "
What about when Prime ripped Monarchs suit? I think thats pretty legit
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@Red_Blade said:
" What about when Prime ripped Monarchs suit? I think thats pretty legit "
I'm only referring to Captain Atom, though. Monarch is a different issue.
NYCPulpWriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By NYCPulpWriter

Ah yes.. I remember that issue of JSA. Magic really trumps everything as according to Amadeus Cho in Mighty Avengers. Speaking of Crimson, where has she been? Will there be a new Crimson Avenger?

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By AtPhantom

Isn't captain Atom immune to magic, or is that something new Rucka introduced?

@NYCPulpWriter said:

" Ah yes.. I remember that issue of JSA. Magic really trumps everything as according to Amadeus Cho in Mighty Avengers. Speaking of Crimson, where has she been? Will there be a new Crimson Avenger? "

Last I heard of her, the Spectre was beating her into pulp...
NYCPulpWriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By NYCPulpWriter
@AtPhantom:  I've always thought so until this thread reminded me of a set when the Grey Man attacked JLE. I THINK Cap got trounced.. Not too sure. As for the Crimson Avenger, I hope we get a new one soon. Such an intriguing concept with being a (what was it?) a "minor spirit of vengenace" and those interesting mystical sigils on the handles of the pistols.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@AtPhantom said:
" Isn't captain Atom immune to magic, or is that something new Rucka introduced? 
Well, I think Rucka introduced that or just expanded on it, because Captain Atom is supposed to absorb all forms of energy (including magical ones). Natasha Irons told Atom about it. Which is weird, because Dreamslayer KO'ed him with an omnidirectional magic blast when he was with the JLE. But later, in Justice League America, Atom deflects a magical blast from a powered up Dreamslayer with an energy shield. Different writers have issues writing the Cap. Giffen does it the worst, and prefers Cap to be comic relief, rather than something serious. He did a halfway OK job with him in the first thirty issues of JLE, though.

As for Crimson Avenger's bullets, I'm thinking that there are some other properties to them.

@NYCPulpWriter said:
" @AtPhantom:  I've always thought so until this thread reminded me of a set when the Grey Man attacked JLE. I THINK Cap got trounced.. Not too sure.
Nah. Cap was fine. The whole JLE had an issue with Gray Man, though. Only Power Girl was nearly killed.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@AtPhantom said:
"Last I heard of her, the Spectre was beating her into pulp... "
LOL.
Ziro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Ziro

On the whole, I'll go with Surfer.
NYCPulpWriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By NYCPulpWriter
@Static Shock: thats right! Dreamslayer! I remember him. he used to give me nightmares as a kid! Ah JLE... how I miss you.
Tian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Tian
@Torpor:  

Captain Atom can create a Universe, with life in it. He has created a Universe with Superman and other superheroes in it, he has created the Spectre in that Universe... Anyone know the Spectre? A being of Omnipotent power. Captain Atom has uncreated that universe as well. He has infinite power, and there is nothing he cannot absorb. His strength level is at least on par with Superman Prime. 

Taken From DCDatabase on CA's power: 

Quantum Field Manipulation: Captain Atom's metal skin is tied into the Quantum Field, which enables him to absorb and manipulate infinite amounts of energy, for an infinite amount of purposes the amount of which he can do is, limited solely by his will power and imagination. He truly reinforces this fact when he realized that the Quantum Field is completely under his control and he can do anything he wishes. With this realization he tests his powers, and by simply thinking of it, and he is able to instantly create a replica of our Earth from nothing, complete with life. His power was such that he was able to easily create his own replicas of Superman, Flash, Firestorm and even his own Spectre. His power is such, that he went even further, and by simply thinking of it, he was able to instantaneously create an entire universe out of nothing, and just as easily destroyed an entire universe, but he has never used this level of power again as a result of him mentally limiting himself. Captain Atom's energy absorption power is second to none in the DCU, as he is able to absorb any form of energy and store it in his person. Captain Atom can fire and control energy of any form. He commonly manipulates his energy into force field bubbles, or explosive 'bombs', but the most common form is a simple blast. Over the years, Captain Atom has become an expert at his energy manipulation and he can fire from any point on his body, although he usually uses his hands for ease of aiming. He can fire in multiple directions at once or from every point of his body at once. Several times he has "detonated", releasing a massive amount of energy at once, destroying objects within an certain radius. On more than one occasion, he has used his ability to manipulate all forms of energy to prevent a foe using their ownpowers, such as the Ray and Firestorm.     

I take the guy that can create and destroy a universe, over the guy that can only destroy a planet.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@Tian: Captain Atom can only make a universe in the Quantum Field. Not outside of it. He has limitless power and abilities, but that's it. Also, Captain Atom is back on his original strength level, which Superman-level. He's no longer Superman-Prime-level like he was when he was Monarch.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By AtPhantom
@Tian said:
"Captain Atom can create a Universe, with life in it. He has created a Universe with Superman and other superheroes in it, he has created the Spectre in that Universe... Anyone know the Spectre? A being of Omnipotent power. Captain Atom has uncreated that universe as well. He has infinite power, and there is nothing he cannot absorb. His strength level is at least on par with Superman Prime.  "
What are you talking about?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@AtPhantom said:
" What are you talking about? "
Atom created Korrigan in his quantum universe, but it doesn't mean he's as powerful as the original.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By AtPhantom
@Static Shock said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" What are you talking about? "
Atom created Korrigan in his quantum universe, but it doesn't mean he's as powerful as the original. "
Figured it was something like that.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@AtPhantom said:
" Figured it was something like that. "
Atom made him and other superheroes he was familiar with to save his universe from darker versions of those same superheroes. The dark versions were the result of taking control of the universe he made to suit his needs and wants, rather than letting the universe play out on its own. Thus, he was manipulating the reality of the universe he made. But Rasputin told Atom that he didn't really have that kind of power, and that instead of actually manipulating reality of his universe, he was destroying it and recreating within the span of nanoseconds, and at the same time, it was feeding the darker half of his Quantum Soul.
SilverGalford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By SilverGalford
@Static Shock: I thought he was the suit
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By AtPhantom
@SilverGalford said:
" @Static Shock: I thought he was the suit "
The suit was there only to contain his energy, not upgrade him.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@SilverGalford said:
" @Static Shock: I thought he was the suit "
You have him confused with the cartoon version. He's flesh and blood under it.

He's the thirty-something year old man to the left.
 He's the thirty-something year old man to the left.