#1 Posted by Renegade Lantern (7285 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would win?

#2 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom. He could drain Sentry of his "exploding sun" power. :)

#3 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Captain Atom. He could drain Sentry of his "exploding sun" power. :)"

Using classic Capt Atom: If he absorbs sufficient energy (even less than a nuke) always result in Capt Atom being displaced through time. I think that Sentrys energy level is sufficient to cause this to occur again.

In that case even if Sentry reverts to human form he would win by default - under this very focused theme.

#4 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he means the classic Captain Atom. That wasn't specified. I'm pretty sure Atom could absorb that much energy without being launched through time. Though, it's stated that he can absorb infinite amounts of energy, but he will only be launched through time if he absorbs it too fast. I don't think Atom is that stupid. Also, Atom is at Superman-level strength, and can make his strength and other attributes even stronger. He would be a match for Sentry.

#5 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"I don't think he means the classic Captain Atom. That wasn't specified. I'm pretty sure Atom could absorb that much energy without being launched through time. Though, it's stated that he can absorb infinite amounts of energy, but he will only be launched through time if he absorbs it too fast. I don't think Atom is that stupid. Also, Atom is at Superman-level strength, and can make his strength and other attributes even stronger. He would be a match for Sentry."

At superman levels of strength he is more than a match for Sentry.

#6 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't doubt that. :)

#7 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

So with his powers of Monarch or just the normal ones?

#8 Posted by Renegade Lantern (7285 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"So with his powers of Monarch or just the normal ones?"

Normal!

#9 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Sentry wins."

Nah....

#10 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Renegade Lantern says:

"Nighthunter says:
"So with his powers of Monarch or just the normal ones?"

Normal!"

he still does lol

just wanting to make sure if this was a curbstomp (read countdown arena?)

#11 Posted by King Saturn (224169 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom would win

#12 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

gus2 says:

"THIS IS DUMB ,THE WINNER IS BEN 10"

LMAO.

#13 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry's power suppose to be potentialy unlimited. I don't think Cap Atom cold absorb it all before needing to realease it. And since Sentry doesn't ahve the weakness to radiation like Supes, I don't think Cap could win. Also, Sentry has those light construct powers.

#14 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Sentry's power suppose to be potentialy unlimited. I don't think Cap Atom cold absorb it all before needing to realease it. And since Sentry doesn't ahve the weakness to radiation like Supes, I don't think Cap could win. Also, Sentry has those light construct powers. "

If his power is potential unlimited, it wouldn't have been expended like it was in WWH. It can be drained. Just because Sentry doesn't have the weakness to radiation doesn't mean a thing. Energy is what fuels Sentry's powers, so there's nothing stopping Cap. Atom from manipulating it. Strength-wise, Atom (who is at Superman-level strength) is already stronger than Sentry. On top of that, he can enhance his abilities even higher through the use of the Quantum Field, to infinite levels. Don't think Sentry's light construct powers would help much here either.

#15 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Alpha says:
"Sentry's power suppose to be potentialy unlimited. I don't think Cap Atom cold absorb it all before needing to realease it. And since Sentry doesn't ahve the weakness to radiation like Supes, I don't think Cap could win. Also, Sentry has those light construct powers. "
If his power is potential unlimited, it wouldn't have been expended like it was in WWH. It can be drained. Just because Sentry doesn't have the weakness to radiation doesn't mean a thing. Energy is what fuels Sentry's powers, so there's nothing stopping Cap. Atom from manipulating it. Strength-wise, Atom (who is at Superman-level strength) is already stronger than Sentry. On top of that, he can enhance his abilities even higher through the use of the Quantum Field, to infinite levels. Don't think Sentry's light construct powers would help much here either."

U are right, he did get drained in WWH. Question is, can Cap Atom hold that much power? He never seemed to be able to before. I don't think Cap atom is anywhere near Supes level. He's strong but not Superman strong. Did Cap Atom get a power boost?

#16 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"U are right, he did get drained in WWH. Question is, can Cap Atom hold that much power? He never seemed to be able to before. I don't think Cap atom is anywhere near Supes level. He's strong but not Superman strong. Did Cap Atom get a power boost? "

Atom can hold infinite amounts of energy (and the Quantum Field is already an infinite power source) . He'll Quantum Jump if he absorbs too much energy at once or too fast. And, he has always been at Superman-level strength. As for now, in his Monarch alias, he's a lot more powerful than he's ever been. He defeated three Supermen at once in Countdown, as well as a few Green Lanterns and such...
Post Edited:2008-01-29 05:02:49

#17 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Alpha says:
"U are right, he did get drained in WWH. Question is, can Cap Atom hold that much power? He never seemed to be able to before. I don't think Cap atom is anywhere near Supes level. He's strong but not Superman strong. Did Cap Atom get a power boost? "
Atom can can hold infinite amounts of energy. He'll Quantum Jump if he absorbs too much energy at once or too fast. And, he has always been at Superman-level strength. As for now, in his Monarch alias, he's a lot more powerful than he's ever been. He defeated three Supermen at once in Countdown, as well as a few Green Lanterns and such..."

Wow! I have to update my data on him. Haven't read much since the Wildstorm series. I did know he is Monarch. So if he tried to absorb all of Sentr'y energy, he would just quantum jump. I know Sentry has more power than that Major Force guy who caused him to jump, so would that be a win if that happened?

#18 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Wow! I have to update my data on him. Haven't read much since the Wildstorm series. I did know he is Monarch. So if he tried to absorb all of Sentr'y energy, he would just quantum jump. I know Sentry has more power than that Major Force guy who caused him to jump, so would that be a win if that happened? "

Well, if he he did absorb all of Sentry's power, then Quantum Jumping would count as a lose for Atom. But, Atom isn't stupid enough to let himself Quantum Jump by absorbing so much power at once. He could regulate.

#19 Posted by Psionex (599 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact of the matter is there isn't a lot of feats here for Sentry to prove he is actually much more superior to Captain Atom here who has more then enough times proved his worth here with a lot of feats in the comics. Captain Atom may or may not be as strong as Superman yet he can manipulate Quantum energy to be able to increase his physical strength making on par with Superman or even stronger. Also Captain Atom has the capability to be able to take the energy he had absorbed into himself and send it into the quantum field making him capable of absorbing more energy without having to worry about jumping into time. Plus this is Sentry here the comic book writers still hasn't proven anything that Sentry has the capabilities to be able to here to fight Galatus to a draw here in a fight. A thousand thousand do not heap to a lot here in the comic books for the power Captain Atom wields even before becoming Monarch in the comics whose power is greater then a thousand suns. Which is surprising on the comic book writers at DC Comics on there part for actually reuse an idea for Armageddon when Captain Atom was originally was suppose to be the monarch which he wasn't then and now it has went full circle and now he is the Monarch. My thoughts on this whole thing is that Captain Atom will win the fight for he has proven multiple times in the comics he has a lot of power behind him then sentry.

#20 Posted by ulitmateninjagaidenx (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

sentry wins.

#21 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

gus2 says:

"FORGET HIM, READ BEN 10"

Boy am I glad you seem to be gone. Anyway, Captain Atom wins. Easy.

#22 Posted by Xeron (293 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry has nothing on Atom's atomic pimp hand

#23 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

ulitmateninjagaidenx says:

"sentry wins."

No.

#24 Posted by Psionex (599 posts) - - Show Bio

ulitmateninjagaidenx says:

"sentry wins."

Sentry hasn't proved in the comics that he is as powerful as Captain Atom whom has proven multiple times that he is powerful through manipulating energy to be able to do nearly anything.

#25 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

If CA had probelms with Apollo (who isn't close to Sentry power output). So I'm going back to my previous statement that Cap Atom can't absorb all of Sentry's power. Plus, the Sentry can draw power from various sources (unlike Superman), so lies another question as to him being able stop him from drawing more power.

#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91225 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"If CA had probelms with Apollo (who isn't close to Sentry power output). So I'm going back to my previous statement that Cap Atom can't absorb all of Sentry's power. Plus, the Sentry can draw power from various sources (unlike Superman), so lies another question as to him being able stop him from drawing more power."
#27 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"If CA had probelms with Apollo (who isn't close to Sentry power output). So I'm going back to my previous statement that Cap Atom can't absorb all of Sentry's power. Plus, the Sentry can draw power from various sources (unlike Superman), so lies another question as to him being able stop him from drawing more power."
Captain Atom's physical attributes are equal to Superman's. So, him not being able to contend with Apollo doesn't make sense to me. And, Apollo himself, is nowhere near Superman's level. So, there's a little inconsistency there (as there was all over the Captain Atom: Armageddon series). As for the for the Sentry, unless he has a stable mind, his power isn't even close to being unlimited. So, I'll maintain what I've already said. And, recently, he doesn't have that. Captain Atom, being an energy manipulator, could manipulate the way energy enters his body. He did it to Apollo anyway, and it worked. Why not Sentry?
#28 Posted by never give up (9601 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom.CURBSTOMP.

#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91225 posts) - - Show Bio
never give up said:
"Sentry.CURBSTOMP."
yup
#30 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, f#cking right....

#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91225 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Yeah, f#cking right...."
LMFAO.OMG....what's wrong? lol
#32 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing... :P

#33 Posted by Vance Astro (91225 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#34 Posted by Ridleyz (216 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom wins this with relative ease

#35 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain ATOM CURBSTOMP
Sentry wont even put up a fight

#36 Edited by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

Capt Atom..

#37 Posted by Vance Astro (91225 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry.

#38 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain ATom mutilates Sentry dead body

Sentry is a joke

#39 Posted by Vance Astro (91225 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Captain Atom basically made up of energy?

#40 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"

Captain Atom. He could drain Sentry of his "exploding sun" power. :)

"
#41 Posted by Vance Astro (91225 posts) - - Show Bio

#42 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Isn't Captain Atom basically made up of energy?"
No. He's a human man, covered in an alien metal that gives him control over energy of any form and matter. He's a quantum elemental.
#43 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom curbstomp

#44 Posted by Vance Astro (91225 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Isn't Captain Atom basically made up of energy?"
No. He's a human man, covered in an alien metal that gives him control over energy of any form and matter. He's a quantum elemental."
Ok.
#45 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio

CA vicious curbstomp

#46 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry beats Cap pretty good

#47 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
Sentry wins because Marvel>>>DC
Love your logic

Sentry should stick to fighting Iron Man

Captain Atom vicious curbstomp
#48 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"Sentry beats Cap pretty good"
No, he doesn't.
#49 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap beats sentry pretty good

yes he does

#50 Posted by Shonen (692 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't captain atom monarch now and if he could tangle with prime he should be able to take sentry whose considered weaker than superman.