• 128 results
#1 Edited by MrRagePants (843 posts) - - Show Bio
Captain Atom VS Juggernaut

Location: A small inhabited planet the size of earth's moon. No structure stands.

Rules and Conditions:
  • No BFR
  • Win by KO
  • Juggernaut version is his strongest below Trion or 8th day.
  • Captain Atom's version is his strongest below Monarch.

Scenarios: 
  1. No prep for both
  2. 1 week prep for both. Both are given data about each others powers and abilities.
#2 Posted by Vitality (1762 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut
#3 Posted by MrRagePants (843 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vitality said:
" Juggernaut "
Why? How?
#4 Posted by Vitality (1762 posts) - - Show Bio

World War Hulk

#5 Posted by MrRagePants (843 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vitality:  That scan shows me Juggernaut in a slug fest against WWH. Captain Atom can do the same against Superman.
#6 Posted by Vitality (1762 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not just a slugfest...Juggernaut put the boots to the one who was taking out nearly everyone in the marvel universe.  

Juggernaut is a beast.
#7 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio

Current versions I presume?

#8 Posted by MrRagePants (843 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vitality said:
" It's not just a slugfest...Juggernaut put the boots to the one who was taking out nearly everyone in the marvel universe.    Juggernaut is a beast. "
So your reason for Juggernaut winning this fight is that Juggernaut can put the boots on Hulk, who is taking out nearly everyone? What means did Jugg do to accomplish this? Looking at the pic it seems, it's brute strength. It doesn't show any speed feats. Captain Atom is fast, how does Juggernaut fare against speedsters?

@ComicMan24 said:
" Current versions I presume? "
Yes
#9 Posted by Prince CortSether (2301 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" Current versions I presume? "
Current version Juggernaut would get his ass kicked.
#10 Posted by Erik (32304 posts) - - Show Bio

What would Juggernaut do with preparation? 

#11 Posted by MrRagePants (843 posts) - - Show Bio
@Prince CortSether said:
"Current version Juggernaut would get his ass kicked. "
How? Juggernaut cannot be KO'd by conventional means.
#12 Posted by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom doesn't even have to try..

#13 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
this might be a stalemate... assuming this is Juggernaut at normal levels of power... even though Captain Atom has the strength advantage... how would he keep Juggs down without BFR him ?
#14 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrRagePants: The current version of Juggernaut is a lot weaker than usual.
#15 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio

Since this battle is with current versions I will give this Captain Atom.

#16 Edited by TheJuggernautpunch (6133 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrRagePants said:

" @Prince CortSether said:

"Current version Juggernaut would get his ass kicked. "
How? Juggernaut cannot be KO'd by conventional means. "
Current Juggernaut is even weaker than in Excalibur or as an X-man.
#17 Posted by Vitality (1762 posts) - - Show Bio

Why even post this fight question if it's with the current Juggernaut? 
Makes no sense.
#18 Posted by MrRagePants (843 posts) - - Show Bio
I edited the OP to make it a better fight
#19 Posted by TheJuggernautpunch (6133 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrRagePants said:
" I edited the OP to make it a better fight "
Where ?
#20 Posted by MrRagePants (843 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheJuggernautpunch said:
" @MrRagePants said:
Where ? "
F5 is your friend.
#21 Posted by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrRagePants said:
I'd still go with Atom.
#22 Posted by TheJuggernautpunch (6133 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrRagePants: When I asked this, nothing was edited. Now I see what you've done here.
#23 Posted by Wyldsong (5441 posts) - - Show Bio
" @MrRagePants said:
Where ? "

Upped Juggy's strength level it seems, so we aren't looking at current.  Forget what version of Captain Atom was originally there, so I don't know if he was changed.
#24 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom cannot hurt Juggernaut. He could only win by BFR, and even that wouldn't be easy.

#25 Posted by MrRagePants (843 posts) - - Show Bio

Basically, this fight is about...

1. How will Captain Atom beat Juggernaut if Juggernaut cannot be KO'd by normal melee. Granted Atom is able to manipulate energy, I want to know if his energy base attacks, plus his strength are enough to KO Juggs.
  2. Juggs on the other hand has his invulnerability, seeing Atom doesn't have any telepathic abilities, and the rules state "no BFR", there's virtually no way he should lose this.
#26 Posted by Erik (32304 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" Captain Atom cannot hurt Juggernaut. He could only win by BFR, and even that wouldn't be easy. "
I do not follow Juggernaut but some here are saying he is severely depowered right now. If that is accurate, Atom could win. 
#27 Posted by Erik (32304 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock:  
Never mind. Edited OP.
#28 Posted by TheJuggernautpunch (6133 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" @Static Shock said:
" Captain Atom cannot hurt Juggernaut. He could only win by BFR, and even that wouldn't be easy. "
I do not follow Juggernaut but some here are saying he is severely depowered right now. If that is accurate, Atom could win.  "
OP was edited.
#29 Posted by Vitality (1762 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik:  The OP changed some things up...it's no longer the current version of Juggernaut.
#30 Edited by MrRagePants (843 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

I was hoping you wouldn't show up, seeing you're too knowledgeable about Atom, and you're not biased about him, you make my fight thread worthless.
Static has spoken. The battle has ended.

PS. But Juggernaut cannot hurt Atom either, I mean, Atom can fly, is faster and cannot possibly be 1 shotted right?
EDIT: Also, isn't Atom's energy blast enough? Wouldn't it be powerful if he is able to absorb near infinite amounts of energy and blast Juggy?
#31 Posted by TheJuggernautpunch (6133 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrRagePants: Thor is kinda... fast, can fly and cannot be one-shotted too. So is the Prime. Both were overpowered by Juggernaut.
#32 Posted by MrRagePants (843 posts) - - Show Bio
" @MrRagePants: Thor is kinda... fast, can fly and cannot be one-shotted too. So is the Prime. Both were overpowered by Juggernaut. "
They got over powered by how? Same with WWH? They fought Juggernaut toe-to-toe. When Atom feels he's getting man handled, he can fly and recover. If he sees Juggernaut cannot be harmed by melee, he'll resort to energy attacks.

My question is, how potent those energy attacks will be?
#33 Posted by TheJuggernautpunch (6133 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrRagePants: Juggernaut at the beginning of 8th Day owned Thor like nothing. Not to mention that when he faced Prime, he was depowered, and still managed to contend with him.
Captain Atom can't hurt J.
#34 Posted by Vitality (1762 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrRagePants: Juggernaut also has a force field that increases his invulnerability.  He cannot be hurt by Captain Atoms energy blasts.
#35 Posted by MrRagePants (843 posts) - - Show Bio

" @MrRagePants: Juggernaut at the beginning of 8th Day owned Thor like nothing. Not to mention that when he faced Prime, he was depowered, and still managed to contend with him. Captain Atom can't hurt J. "

I already acknowledge that CA will not hurt J. But how will Juggy do against a flying speedster that blasts energies all day is my question. 
#36 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrRagePants said:
I was hoping you wouldn't show up, seeing you're too knowledgeable about Atom, and you're not biased about him, you make my fight thread worthless.Static has spoken. The battle has ended.   PS. But Juggernaut cannot hurt Atom either, I mean, Atom can fly, is faster and cannot possibly be 1 shotted right? EDIT: Also, isn't Atom's energy blast enough? Wouldn't it be powerful if he is able to absorb near infinite amounts of energy and blast Juggy? "
While I'm sure Juggernaut could go punch for punch with Atom. Both of them are invulnerable to physical damage, but I don't think Juggernaut would feel pain. Although Atom is extremely durable, he can still feel pain if he's hit hard enough. I can only see him being one-shotted if he's hit while he's not looking (but there was an occasion where he was blinded and it took several blows to actually KO him). For example, the Vuldarian Guy Garnder instance we talked about. LOL.

As far as energy goes, it may not be enough. At the very least, it could knock Juggernaut on his back if he isn't ready for it. But, if Juggernaut is in motion, the blast will do nothing. However, there was the time when Juggernaut tanked a God Blast from Eric Masterson Thor (who isn't as powerful as Donald Blake Thor, from what I've read and heard). The blast did nothing. Atom's best shots, to date, were powerful enough to destroy large spaceships and start earthquakes. Even I don't think that's enough. 

Since there's no BFR, Captain Atom is going to have a hard time winning the battle. Juggernaut can't be KO'ed, and if Atom decides to get physical, he would able to slug it out with him for so long. Between Juggernaut and Atom, the former is the only person her with unlimited stamina, IIRC. 
#37 Posted by Vitality (1762 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atoms ability to control energy is based on his willpower. 
 Juggernaut has umlimited stamina. 
Captain Atom will lose the willpower to keep flying and blasting energy before Juggs runs out of stamina.
#38 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrRagePants said:
"I already acknowledge that CA will not hurt J. But how will Juggy do against a flying speedster that blasts energies all day is my question.  "
Juggernaut wouldn't have to do anything. Captain Atom could sit up there and blast him all day, and it wouldn't do anything. 

There's the option of draining the magical energy within Juggernaut's body, but it's an unlimited power source. Thus, draining it wouldn't work out.
#39 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vitality said:
"Captain Atom will lose the willpower to keep flying and blasting energy before Juggs runs out of stamina. "
This is a little too much. I don't think he'd lose the will to fly and blast energy at all. I just think that he was eventually get tired of fighting a guy he can't hurt.
#40 Posted by Erik (32304 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @MrRagePants said:
"I already acknowledge that CA will not hurt J. But how will Juggy do against a flying speedster that blasts energies all day is my question.  "
Juggernaut wouldn't have to do anything. Captain Atom could sit up there and blast him all day, and it wouldn't do anything.   There's the option of draining the magical energy within Juggernaut's body, but it's an unlimited power source. Thus, draining it wouldn't work out. "
Would that not also cause Atom to jump through time? Trying to absorb an unlimited power source?
#41 Posted by MrRagePants (843 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock:  Well put, that's what I was thinking too. Both are on par with strength and durability, but Juggernaut will outlast Atom. The question in my head about Atom's energy was put to rest by your answer, I thought his blasts are planet busters (since he can virtually absorb the amount of energy needed to do so).

@Vitality: Thank you for the information, but I already know CA's energy abilities are tied to his will power, thus I made the thread.

Anyway, fight goes to Juggernaut, as Atom really can do nothing to beat him without BFR.
#42 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: Not if he regulates the rate of absorption.
#43 Edited by Vitality (1762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: Quitting because you become fatigued or losing your self-confidence because you can't hurt someone IS losing the willpower to continue.
#44 Posted by MrRagePants (843 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" Would that not also cause Atom to jump through time? Trying to absorb an unlimited power source? "
But what will he do when he jumps through time? IIRC, Juggernaut doesn't grow old, even if he does, he doesn't die.
#45 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrRagePants said:
" @TheJuggernautpunch said:
" @MrRagePants said: LOL!
Where ? "
F5 is your friend. "
LOL!!!!
#46 Posted by Erik (32304 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @erik: Not if he regulates the rate of absorption. "
Ah that is true. But if he does not know that the power source is infinite, could he not be taken by surprise and time jump? 

@MrRagePants said:
" @erik said:
" Would that not also cause Atom to jump through time? Trying to absorb an unlimited power source? "
But what will he do when he jumps through time? IIRC, Juggernaut doesn't grow old, even if he does, he doesn't die. "
Juggernaut does not age. I just was curious. I do not think it would benefit either opponent if he does time jump by mistake. 
#47 Posted by MrRagePants (843 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik:  Ah I see, but to answer your question, yes he will jump through time. Sorry I forgot to add that to my previous post.
#48 Posted by Vitality (1762 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not so sure that CA could absorb any of Juggs power.  
Juggs doesn't radiate energy from the gem...he is bestowed with it's power.
#49 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrRagePants said:
" @Static Shock:  Well put, that's what I was thinking too. Both are on par with strength and durability, but Juggernaut will outlast Atom. The question in my head about Atom's energy was put to rest by your answer, I thought his blasts are planet busters (since he can virtually absorb the amount of energy needed to do so). 
Atom doesn't need to absorb energy to make his energy blasts more powerful. His power comes from the Quantum Field. There's limitless energy there.

Atom has yet to bust a planet. But, then again, he's never really done it because he's never tried to. I won't say that he can or can't.

@Vitality said:
" @Static Shock: Quitting because you become fatigued is losing the willpower to continue. "
Good point.

@MrRagePants said:
" But what will he do when he jumps through time? IIRC, Juggernaut doesn't grow old, even if he does, he doesn't die. "
It normally depends on the kind of energy that Atom absorbs. Sometimes, he's bumped forward through time by an hour or so. Sometimes, he bumped a day ahead. It depends on the what the writer wants, basically. Most of the time, Quantum Jumping is plot device and the circumstances afterward change every time it happens.
#50 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" Ah that is true. But if he does not know that the power source is infinite, could he not be taken by surprise and time jump? 
Not exactly. He knows that he doesn't have a limit to what he can absorb, but he would only jump through time if he absorbs too much, too fast. He may not know that the power source is infinite, but it doesn't mean that he won't exercise caution.