This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Simon Williams (4813 posts) - - Show Bio

Who wins here and why? 

No BFR 

Bloodlust on 

Morals off 

#2 Posted by demifiend (3575 posts) - - Show Bio

atom. and been done

#3 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom wins by absorbing him into the Quantum Field.  

Game. Set. Match. Manhattan doesn't have the feats to contend with Atom, and anyone who doesn't realize that is in denial. 

#4 Posted by King Saturn (224443 posts) - - Show Bio
I am surprised I had not made this battle before... 
#5 Posted by sa5m (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

The Captain Atom

#6 Posted by tjizz350 (167 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

Captain Atom wins by absorbing him into the Quantum Field. Game. Set. Match. Manhattan doesn't have the feats to contend with Atom, and anyone who doesn't realize that is in denial.

exactly €that will be the case with many others as well. face reality manhattan fans.

#7 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

Nathaniel takes this. Too many feats in his favor. And a lack for the Dr.

CA for the win.

#8 Posted by ClarkAllen (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone explain WHY exactly Atom will win? I don't really understand the full scale of both of their powers.

#9 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

Captain Atom wins by absorbing him into the Quantum Field. Game. Set. Match. Manhattan doesn't have the feats to contend with Atom, and anyone who doesn't realize that is in denial.
#10 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12346 posts) - - Show Bio

@ClarkAllen said:

Can someone explain WHY exactly Atom will win? I don't really understand the full scale of both of their powers.

...........really dude...... this is a pretty short thread..... Static explained this in the third post...... read it

#11 Posted by TDK_1997 (14985 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom absorbs Manhattan's attacks.

#12 Posted by ClarkAllen (81 posts) - - Show Bio

What IS the quantum field?

#13 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

Atom atleast he wasn't a total douche in the comics

(stupid blue man killing rorschach)

#15 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

#16 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

@Static Shock said:

this

#17 Posted by ApenasJoao (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't understand...Dr. Manhattan control the Physical law...I saw another post, people making a list with 200 names that could beat Dr. Manhattan...But 99% of the names, were Marvel and marvel just does most of the characters overpowered.

But, if Dr. Manhattan can control the physical law, can manipulated everything that is made by atom and also can see the PAST and the FUTURE, how do you suppose that someone can beat him? He could see what could happen before it happens...Everything is made by atom, also the characters from Marvel, he has total power above this...He can be in every place at the same time. Really, in the comic they say "God is real, and he is from America"...Dr. Manhattan could beat Captain Atom with no problem, because Dr. Manhattan can control everything that is made by atom...If Captain Atom can reconstitute himself, would be a eternal fight. I don't remember one fight, that Dr. Manhattan got hurt. Also against Galactus, would be a fight without end.

#18 Posted by hermankeson (436 posts) - - Show Bio

Featwise Manhattan loses, but I believe he is supposed to be alot more powerful than what was shown in the movie.

#19 Posted by SpectresWrath01 (208 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

This is correct!

#20 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApenasJoao said:

But, if Dr. Manhattan can control the physical law, can manipulated everything that is made by atom and also can see the PAST and the FUTURE, how do you suppose that someone can beat him? He could see what could happen before it happens...

Manhattan being able to see the future doesn't mean that he could do anything about it before happens. He's never prevented the future from coming to pass.

Captain Atom manipulates atoms, too.

@ApenasJoao said:

Dr. Manhattan could beat Captain Atom with no problem, because Dr. Manhattan can control everything that is made by atom...

No, he can't, and Captain Atom has the same ability. At the same time, Manhattan doesn't even have comparable showings to Captain Atom. He's not that powerful outside of Watchmen continuity.

@ApenasJoao said:

I don't remember one fight, that Dr. Manhattan got hurt.

That's because there's no one as powerful as he is in his universe. He was the only one with superpowers. Even then, Atom doesn't have to hurt him to beat him.

@ApenasJoao said:

If Captain Atom can reconstitute himself, would be a eternal fight.

Manhattan couldn't break him down even if he wanted to. Captain Atom is immune to kind of attack and has shown it on panel.

@ApenasJoao said:

Also against Galactus, would be a fight without end.

Not exactly. Galactus destroys planets, and if fully fed, galaxies. Manhattan doesn't compare.

#21 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what, scratch this. Until Before Watchmen: Doctor Manhattan comes out, this is a curbstomp. Locking this.