Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CapitolPunishment

Round 1: 

Battle starts in the orbit of mercury.

Captain Atom has gone insane and wants Earth destroyed,  Thor is displaced in the DCU, there is no Asgard and he has no friends.  He believes Atom when he tells him that team 2 has altered the past and destroyed everything he loves, then follows him into battle.

Round 2 : 

Same scenerio but the battle starts in the Sun's corona. Captain Atom is now Monarch. Thor has Warriors and Odin force, Superman is sun soaked for 2 weeks.  Quasar has Quantum bands and starbrand..

Which team would which battle and why, please use logic and reason before you post. 

All comments are welcome. 

EDIT: Superman while Sunsoaked and Thor while in warrior's madness mode are in complete control of there powers. 

EDIT 2: No switching sides and no holding back. BFR is allowed but keep in mind 3 of the 4 can teleport pretty easily and to anywhere they wish so a win would most likely be by ko, death. 

Sorry for the two edits :(

odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By odinforce
round 1: tough choice; maybe leaning towards team 1 since they seem bloodlust 

round 2: thor and captain atom
The Opposite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The Opposite

the team with superman wins.

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By capall2

round 1. Thor would eventually realize Cap Atom wasn't telling the entire truth and join Supes and Quasar in stopping Cap Atom's plan...Thor would know this by Supes telling Cap Atom and not engaging in 100%  

round 2.  It's hard to gauge how much amp Supes will get with 2 wks of sun soaking...however let's pretend that he would be halfway between Prime and his standard lvl of powers and with Quasar having access to starbrand and Quantum band I still don't think it's gonna be enough to content with Monarch and Thor with Odinforce, again, even if Thor did not know how to fully utilize his Odinforce powers and Monarch should be able to handle sun soaked supes for 2 wks and Quasar as he has already gone toe to toe with Prime and held his own and that specific Prime should be still more powerful than this specific version of Supes and Quasar being used here...
Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CapitolPunishment
@odinforce said:
round 1: tough choice; maybe leaning towards team 1 since they seem bloodlust 

round 2: thor and captain atom

There both tough calls for me.  Round one seems fairly even matched, I would like some people to comment though, I'm big fans of all these characters.

In round two is really close again while Monarch being a potential Universe buster and who knows what Thor can do with the Odin force and Warrior madness, Superman is Sun soaked not just sun dipped, he is insainly powerful, that is how he became Superman 1 million (thousands of years in the sun though so he wont have the same level of control or power of his future self) but still just after a day or so in the Sun his HV was hitting planets in distant Galaxies. The star brand was also deemed by the LT to be to powerful an object to exist in the 616 Universe. 

I will have to edit the OP to say SM is sane :P.
Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CapitolPunishment
@capall2 said:
round 1. Thor would eventually realize Cap Atom wasn't telling the entire truth and join Supes and Quasar in stopping Cap Atom's plan...Thor would know this by Supes telling Cap Atom and not engaging in 100%    round 2.  It's hard to gauge how much amp Supes will get with 2 wks of sun soaking...however let's pretend that he would be halfway between Prime and his standard lvl of powers and with Quasar having access to starbrand and Quantum band I still don't think it's gonna be enough to content with Monarch and Thor with Odinforce, again, even if Thor did not know how to fully utilize his Odinforce powers and Monarch should be able to handle sun soaked supes for 2 wks and Quasar as he has already gone toe to toe with Prime and held his own and that specific Prime should be still more powerful than this specific version of Supes and Quasar being used here...

Sorry dude, I had to make an edit after i read your post, I wanted this thread to be two vs two but that was a good way of a win you posted and would have won round one in that manner. 

Prime one million (Gold Superman) and SBP/SMP are two completly different characters. Prime One Million is Kal-El from new Earth, the SMP that fought Monarch was from Earth one I believe (Could be wrong) but I know for sure they are not the same character at all. SMP One million never fought Monarch. IMO In a way you are right though, I personally think he would be around the level that the SMP that fought Monarch was.  

The problem with Superman sunsoaking is that he goes insane, thats why he never does it.  The same with Thor's warrior madness. I removed that weakness from both Superman and Thor for this battle to make it more fair and interesting otherwise Thor would be taken out by starbrand Quasar and SM by Monarch pretty quickly because they wouldn't know what the hell was going on lol. 

The Quamtum bands on there own are a limitless supply of power, the restriction has always just been the user. When Oblivion's avatar Maelstrom had them he rivaled the I.G in power and even taunted Thanos while he had the full I.G.  Thanos said somethnig along the lines of "you dare speak to a god like that" then blasted Maelstrom with the full force of the I.G. (that he had control of at the time, it was still new to him). Maelstrom then laughed and said "In that case thanos, you've just met an atheist". Sorry I dont have the full arc scanned.

Quasar does not have that level of control or power with the bands but it was said that the Starbrand brought him above that level.
capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By capall2

already then... 

I'm aware of the difference btwn SMP that engaged in combat with Monarch vs POM, sorry if my post was confusing... 

I've also heard of starbrand being pretty powerful altho I have not seen any feats to say it's as potent as IG, I know on panel there are statements being made, however I do not always go by it without any backing from scans as well as the story arc, since there are many statements that are made by the writers and it either doesn't show on panel and are backed up by scans as well as sometimes it actually contradicts as to what the pics are showing.... 

Like I said on my previous post, it all depends on how amped Supes would get with the sun soaking (I wish there was some sort of evidence or tracking by DC to measure exactly how much power boost Supes would get, which will give us a better idea of Supes potential with the extra solar absorption, so untill then it can only be a speculation with no way of quantifying this...) 

As far as the battles go, I would think if starbrand was able to display the kind of power that can match the IG then it would be a quick battle since even with Monarch which is Cap atom * 52 and Thor with Odinforce combined, in no shape of form they would be able to content with starbrand imo, provided that Quasar does have full knowledge and experience with it...that is a lot of power to deal with here...it's only my two cents tho, lol...