• 72 results
Avatar image for the_last_son_of_krypton
The Last Son Of Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Morals on. Random Encounter. They use their power to it's full extent and capability within morals. They don't know about the other teams powers. The teams start 20 feet apart. Fight takes place in New York City. The city can be used as a weapon as well. Which team wins and why?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

VERSUS

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Cubey.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Cubey.

Interesting. No Magneto? 

:(

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

As far as I'm concerned, Vulcan is the weak link.

So team 1.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Static Shock

Damn. This is kinda hard.

The Last Son Of Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan said:
" As far as I'm concerned, Vulcan is the weak link.  So team 1. "
How exactly is he the weak link?
Darkseid Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Darkseid Elite

team 1
Avatar image for greenlantern555
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GreenLantern555

I am leaning towards team one. Captain Atom can absorb anything thrown at him and Firestorm can turn Vulcan into sand. I still don't know though...

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Static Shock
@The Last Son Of Krypton said:
" How exactly is he the weak link? "
I don't know too much about Vulcan, but if this is Jason at full capability, I'm certain that he could transmute Vulcan into a cookie, and leave it at that. At the same time, Atom can also affect/transmute organic matter and has done so before. Everyone else has immunity/resistance to molecular manipulation. Vulcan is powerful, but I think JediXMan believes him to be the weakest link because he's easy to take out of the fight.
The Last Son Of Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
" @The Last Son Of Krypton said:
" How exactly is he the weak link? "
I don't know too much about Vulcan, but if this is Jason at full capability, I'm certain that he could transmute Vulcan into a cookie, and leave it at that. At the same time, Atom can also affect/transmute organic matter and has done so before. Everyone else has immunity/resistance to molecular manipulation. Vulcan is powerful, but I think JediXMan believes him to be the weakest link because he's easy to take out of the fight. "
Remember, morals are on. Would transmuting someone into a cookie be something Jason does regularly and within morals?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Static Shock
@The Last Son Of Krypton: Although it's not his most used attack, he has done it with morals on. IIRC, he killed a particular villain, using his transmutation abilities on him (but it later had an affect on the Earth's weather). He didn't exactly turn him into a cookie, but it's proof enough that his transmutation can be used on organic matter if he really wants to use it.
Avatar image for capnninjapirate
capnninjapirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By capnninjapirate

I'd agree with Vulcan being the weak link on team 2, but the Surfer doesn't need the help. Silver Surfer solo's team one, and then kills Vulcan for being a douche

OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By OldIdiotAccount

Marvel.

VIZION2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By VIZION2011

Woudnt SS cosmic awareness let him no the firestorm's can transmute, if so then SS can stop him befor he does so, SS is the factor here, is experience with the cosmic force and with vulcan's help he would be able to pull out a win but barely. Im going with Team 2

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CosmicSpiral

This is close. It really depends on the initial matchups.

VIZION2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By VIZION2011

Yeah becuz vulcan can absorb mostly all energy, he's not to be under estimated all

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Silver2467

Team 1. As others have pointed out, Vulcan is the weak link. Captain Atom would give Surfer a very difficult fight on his own, a fight Surfer would win, but with Firestorm, I believe Team 1 takes it.

VIZION2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By VIZION2011

and how will firestorm defeat vulcan, vulcan psionic ability is all most limitless the only thing vulcan would be worried about is the speed blitz, Im sure the SS cosmic awareness would kick and he would ley vulcan know what he is up agaisnt, I dont know if vulcan can negate their powers but I dont know he would be able to at least some what control them on a psionic level....

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Silver2467
@VIZION2010 said:
" and how will firestorm defeat vulcan, vulcan psionic ability is all most limitless the only thing vulcan would be worried about is the speed blitz, Im sure the SS cosmic awareness would kick and he would ley vulcan know what he is up agaisnt, I dont know if vulcan can negate their powers but I dont know he would be able to at least some what control them on a psionic level.... "
Captain Atom will be an obstacle for Surfer. Surfer will have his hands full. Firestorm can manipulate matter, energy, has super strength, flight, durability, and intangibility. Vulcan cannot remove his powers unless he can manipulate the Matrix, which he could never accomplish. 
VIZION2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By VIZION2011

Know that im thinking on it I still dont think that would be a factor however firestorm can simply speed blitz and ko vulcan sense he is a lot stronger so im going to have to say team 1 even tho I favor marvel ;-P

kareem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kareem

To M=me this is more team one versus Silver Surfer with some assistance from Vulcan, even with his powers all the way amped up he is still kinda out of his league. That being said I think SS could take either  one individually but combined he would eventually loose. Vulcan could provide a good enough distraction but when up against matter manipulation he is screwed. (BTW those first 3 pictures kick SSOOO much a$$)

emmbro30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By emmbro30

With morals being on, I see Silver Surfer joining Captain Atom and Firestorm to put a stop to Vulcan.

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By karrob
@Silver2467 said:
" Team 1. As others have pointed out, Vulcan is the weak link. Captain Atom would give Surfer a very difficult fight on his own, a fight Surfer would win, but with Firestorm, I believe Team 1 takes it. "
Fresh0133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#23  Edited By Fresh0133

With morals on I don't see DC winning, they'll obviously have no idea who or what they're up against and Vulcan has no qualms about offing his enemies.  Given that it's never been shown there's a limit to his energy absorption or what he can do with it as he's enhanced his own strength, speed, durability, regenrated, fired it back, converted it to something else entirely.  Unless he's suprised, which in this case he would not be, he's very tough to take down since most attacks that are thrown at him involve energy of some sort, be it kinetic, radiation, cosmic, elemental, mystical, psychic, etc...  He can absorb them all to a near limitless quantitites and use them as he pleases.

If Surfer takes out Firestorm before he can transmute the two of them, which Firestorm likely wouldn't be willing to do right at the outset with no idea of who he's up against, Atom would likely put up a valiant fight, but honestly Vulcan would likely suck him dry and then break the whithered husk of his body for a giggle.    

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Static Shock
@Fresh03 said:

"Atom would likely put up a valiant fight, but honestly Vulcan would likely suck him dry and then break the whithered husk of his body for a giggle.     "

Atom has a limitless amount of energy in his body. Vulcan isn't going to be able to suck him dry. Not only that, Atom has the physical advantage against him, too. A massive physical advantage. Besides, Atom has the ability to shut off energy-based powers. On top of that, Atom's skin is virtually indestructible, and Vulcan isn't strong enough to break it.
The Last Son Of Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
" @Fresh03 said:

"Atom would likely put up a valiant fight, but honestly Vulcan would likely suck him dry and then break the whithered husk of his body for a giggle.     "

Atom has a limitless amount of energy in his body. Vulcan isn't going to be able to suck him dry. Not only that, Atom has the physical advantage against him, too. A massive physical advantage. Besides, Atom has the ability to shut off energy-based powers. On top of that, Atom's skin is virtually indestructible, and Vulcan isn't strong enough to break it. "
I don't think he will be able to suck him dry, but absorb his energy? No doubt he will be able to do that. Anything Atom can throw out, I don't see why Vulcan couldn't just manipulate it and send it right back at him.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Static Shock
@The Last Son Of Krypton: Of course he can absorb it, but he's not absorbing all of it. As far as redirecting energy, Atom can do the same thing.
EmperorVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By EmperorVulcan

Atom solos... as much as I love Vulcan.

The Last Son Of Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
" @The Last Son Of Krypton: Of course he can absorb it, but he's not absorbing all of it. As far as redirecting energy, Atom can do the same thing. "
Yeah. I know they both can absorb energy. And redirect energy? This could end up being a tennis match between Atom and Vulcan. Lol.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Static Shock
@EmperorVulcan said:
" Atom solos...
With Silver Surfer there, I don't know if this is possible. LOL.

" Yeah. I know they both can absorb energy. And redirect energy? This could end up being a tennis match between Atom and Vulcan. Lol. "
Maybe. But, Atom could find a way to end the match. There was an instance when he had to fire off energy blasts at different frequencies/wavelengths so his enemy couldn't adjust to it, absorb it or phase through it. I'm not sure if it could work on Vulcan, but it's worth a shot.
The Last Son Of Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
" @EmperorVulcan said:
" Atom solos...
With Silver Surfer there, I don't know if this is possible. LOL.

" Yeah. I know they both can absorb energy. And redirect energy? This could end up being a tennis match between Atom and Vulcan. Lol. "
Maybe. But, Atom could find a way to end the match. There was an instance when he had to fire off energy blasts at different frequencies/wavelengths so his enemy couldn't adjust to it, absorb it or phase through it. I'm not sure if it could work on Vulcan, but it's worth a shot. "
Well, I don't know. I mean, Vulcan can put up a force-field. He has done it before against Havok, so I don't see why it wouldn't help him against Atom.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Static Shock
@The Last Son Of Krypton:  How well do the shields hold up against people with vast superhuman strength?
The Last Son Of Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
" @The Last Son Of Krypton:  How well do the shields hold up against people with vast superhuman strength? "
I am not too sure. I only think he has used the force-field against Havok. I will have to re-check that.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Silver2467

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Atom has superior energy manipulation feats in comparison with Vulcan. Atom's energy output, absorption, and manipulation should outweigh his. 

Fresh0133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Fresh0133
@Static Shock:
That's the thing, there's no limit known to how much energy he can absorb or any kind know that he can't absorb at this point.  He's got to be surprised in order for him to be at a disadvantage in most cases.  He can absorb kinetic energy from Atom's blows as he throws them, he can absorb the energy he emmits and convert it to what ever chooses no matter the frequency, if it's energy he can take it and use it.  

I know not allot of folks have read the majority of his appearances but Vucan really isn't someone to mess with unless you count supreme confidence Gladiator who was able to shrug off Vulcan due to Vulcan's arrogance that his psionics would hold against him.  In the case of an unknown enemy he's arrogant, but not nearly as much as he was with Gladiator who he considered inferior. And even then all Gladiator was able to do was take an eye out with a full strength planet breaking blow due to Vulcan's own level of psionics and the defensess he had in place.    
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Static Shock
@Fresh03:  I don't recall anything that states Vulcan doesn't have a limit. I think that his actual limit is unknown, to be honest. As far as absorbing kinetic energy from Atom's physical strikes, I've never seen Vulcan do that. We all saw what Gladiator did to him (and to counter what you're saying, there was nothing on panel that stated Gladiator used all of his strength, or planet-busting strength, to take out Vulcan's eye). Gladiator wasn't even trying that hard, so there's no reason to think that he used all of his strength there. If another person with superhuman strength was able to hurt him, Atom can, too.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CosmicSpiral

Vulcan is way overrated in this thread. 

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Static Shock
@CosmicSpiral: Tell me about it.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" @Fresh03:  I don't recall anything that states Vulcan doesn't have a limit. I think that his actual limit is unknown, to be honest. As far as absorbing kinetic energy from Atom's physical strikes, I've never seen Vulcan do that. We all saw what Gladiator did to him (and to counter what you're saying, there was nothing on panel that stated Gladiator used all of his strength, or planet-busting strength, to take out Vulcan's eye). Gladiator wasn't even trying that hard, so there's no reason to think that he used all of his strength there. If another person with superhuman strength was able to hurt him, Atom can, too. "
He couldn't absorb kinetic energy from Black Bolt's punches in his most recent appearance before he expired, either. It's definitive that he can't do it.
JCJQLB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JCJQLB

Team 1 ftw

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Static Shock
@Morpheus_ said:
""He couldn't absorb kinetic energy from Black Bolt's punches in his most recent appearance before he expired, either. It's definitive that he can't do it. "
Well, more fuel to add to the fire. Thanks.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
""He couldn't absorb kinetic energy from Black Bolt's punches in his most recent appearance before he expired, either. It's definitive that he can't do it. "
Well, more fuel to add to the fire. Thanks. "
No problem. I just think it's pointless to attribute potential abilities to a character when he already has plenty. Absorbing kinetic energy on impact simply isn't one of them.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Static Shock
@Morpheus_: It happens. Some one tried to tell me that Captain Atom could control the universe (this one) the other day.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Silver2467
@Morpheus_ said: 
He couldn't absorb kinetic energy from Black Bolt's punches in his most recent appearance before he expired, either. It's definitive that he can't do it. "
Exactly, and Black Bolt is not as strong as Atom either. 
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" @Morpheus_: It happens. Some one tried to tell me that Captain Atom could control the universe (this one) the other day. "

Next time, use this.

No Caption Provided
@Silver2467 said:
" @Morpheus_ said: 
He couldn't absorb kinetic energy from Black Bolt's punches in his most recent appearance before he expired, either. It's definitive that he can't do it. "
Exactly, and Black Bolt is not as strong as Atom either.  "
Indeed. Nor was there any indication that Black Bolt had augmented his strength, as he very well could, during that fight.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Silver2467
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @Morpheus_: It happens. Some one tried to tell me that Captain Atom could control the universe (this one) the other day. "

Next time, use this.

No Caption Provided
@Silver2467 said:
" @Morpheus_ said: 
Exactly, and Black Bolt is not as strong as Atom either.  "
Indeed. Nor was there any indication that Black Bolt had augmented his strength, as he very well could, during that fight. "
Agreed. And great picture. 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Static Shock
@Morpheus_: LOL. Check the Majestic/Black Adam vs/ Captain Atom/Infinity Man fight. Some guy named Cubey said it.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" @Morpheus_: LOL. Check the Majestic/Black Adam vs/ Captain Atom/Infinity Man fight. Some guy named Cubey said it. "
I actually just finished reading that. The best part is that you are the expert when it comes to Captain Atom. No reason for you to deny what he can, or cannot do.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Static Shock
@Morpheus_: Dude was just making up all this nonsense. Atom is powerful, but he's not that powerful.
Fresh0133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Fresh0133

@Static Shock:
I never said he could absorb limitless energy, I said no limit has been shown or is known at this point, he drained Warlock, one of the most powerful guys in the MU without breaking a sweat, granted Atom likely has way more energy than Warlock so it's fair to say that it's unknown if Vulcan could make an attempt to drain him or if he would get burned out.

I've been looking for scans of him absorbing kinetic energy, I know I've seen it before, but I don't have proof at this point, so until I do feel free to disregard it unitl I come back with some. 

It's certainly fair to say that Gladiator didn't hit him full power, I overstated, looking back at the scans of the fight with Gladiator Vulcan pretty much disregarded him until Gladiator waltzed through his energy blast and socked him, so I was wrong on that account as well, Gladiator didn't need full power to get to him.

Like I said, I'll keep looking for those scans of him absorbing kinetic energy.

As for Atom, his Monarch persona during Countdown was pretty over the top powerful, but he's back to regular levels now right?

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@Fresh03 said:
"

@Static Shock:
I never said he could absorb limitless energy, I said no limit has been shown or is known at this point, he drained Warlock, one of the most powerful guys in the MU without breaking a sweat, granted Atom likely has way more energy than Warlock so it's fair to say that it's unknown if Vulcan could make an attempt to drain him or if he would get burned out.

I've been looking for scans of him absorbing kinetic energy, I know I've seen it before, but I don't have proof at this point, so until I do feel free to disregard it unitl I come back with some. 

It's certainly fair to say that Gladiator didn't hit him full power, I overstated, looking back at the scans of the fight with Gladiator Vulcan pretty much disregarded him until Gladiator waltzed through his energy blast and socked him, so I was wrong on that account as well, Gladiator didn't need full power to get to him.

Like I said, I'll keep looking for those scans of him absorbing kinetic energy.

As for Atom, his Monarch persona during Countdown was pretty over the top powerful, but he's back to regular levels now right?

"
No, not anymore.