#1 Edited by Strider92 (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

Both have have 4 days prep, both teams know what they are facing apart from 1 member on each team who will be a surprise edition. Takes place in New York there are buildings everywhere so lots of cover. Wolverine has told Deadpool that Emma crushed a Taco so Deadpool is going in serious.

Round 1: Morals on

Round 2: Morals off

Round 3: No surprise edition, Morals on

Captain America's Team:

Wolverine, Spider-man, Ms Marvel, Deadpool

Cyclop's Team:

Emma Frost, Ice Man, Armor, Colossus(No Cyttorak)

Surprise members:

Captain America's: Alex Mercer, The Prototype (for people who don't know who he is:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvsUkUaJjYs)

Cyclop's: Magneto

#2 Posted by emperorznb (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops' team would win.

#3 Edited by Strider92 (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorznb: any chance you could elaborate as to why and how? They both have 4 days prep and know who they are fighting. That's plenty of time for Spider-man to come up with something and for Deadpool to find as many guns and explosives as he possibly can. I think this could go both ways personally but maybe you know something I don't.

#4 Posted by emperorznb (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Spider-man ain't gonna come up with something that could compete with the opposing team. So the only prep they are getting that would stand a chance is Ms. Marvel absorbing energy that would enable her to become the Binary. On the battle, Emma simply mind rapes Spider-Man or creating hallucinations while Iceman could deal with Binary and Deadpool can't hurt Colossus even without Cyttorak whatsoever. Plus, they got Armor so they aren't really coming close. Also, they have Magneto so there...

On the morals off round, Binary would just speed blitz all of team 1 except for Iceman. He could reform his body out of the moisture from his surroundings and dehydrate Binary and Cap's team or he could freeze the temperature reaching near absolute zero or he could send a blast that knocked Juggernaut (Cain Marko) away or he could just amp his strength by converting all of the moisture around him to become big and strong and take out everyone.

On round 3, cyclops' team still wins IMO.

#5 Posted by Strider92 (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorznb: hmmm fair point but remember Deadpool is really annoyed at Emma so his first move might be to attack her and as her mind-rape will not effect him she'll have to take up diamond form and how will they deal with Mercer? But yes that is a way the battle could turn.

#6 Posted by desmond006 (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops wins all three.

They can get frozen in a block of ice, mind controled, dedpool's weapons eliminated by magneto unless he come with plastic guns. Magneto turns wolverine into a weapon against Captains team.

#7 Posted by Strider92 (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

@desmond006: How do they deal with Alex Mercer? He has some pretty frightening abilities.

#8 Posted by Nefarious (18646 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Marvel can solo. She will blitz Magneto and the rest.

#9 Posted by madrid_san (1805 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops team wins.

#10 Posted by Killemall (18252 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@emperorznb: any chance you could elaborate as to why and how? They both have 4 days prep and know who they are fighting. That's plenty of time for Spider-man to come up with something and for Deadpool to find as many guns and explosives as he possibly can. I think this could go both ways personally but maybe you know something I don't.

Well also the fact that Emma is in one of the team, whats stopping her from mindraping them??

She can do exactly what she did to Shaw! and they will all be like

*who are we, why are we here, should we kill ourselves?*

#11 Posted by Strider92 (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: As I stated Deadpool seems to be able to resist telepathy and Mercer is a virus and has no mind that can be "raped". While i'm starting to think Cyclop's team take round 3 I still think the other 2 could go either way.

#12 Posted by nickthedevil (11567 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@desmond006: How do they deal with Alex Mercer? He has some pretty frightening abilities.

No way in hell does anyone take out Alex Mercer in Cyclop's team. the only threat i see in cyclops team is Iceman.

#13 Edited by Strider92 (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil: I don't know, I think Magneto is quite a threat to! but i'm glad someone is finally treating Alex like the threat he is!

#14 Posted by nickthedevil (11567 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@nickthedevil: I don't know, I think Magneto is quite a threat to! but i'm glad someone is finally treating Alex like the threat he is!

yea, but with Mercers special's and tentacles, he can absorb him from afar.

#15 Edited by desmond006 (595 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know he could resist mind control and was immune to being frozen in a block of ice but I dont think it matters. Magneto could drop a building on all of them or throw every car in the city at them.

#16 Edited by God_Spawn (37305 posts) - - Show Bio

Mercer is not resistant to mind control, no reason Iceman can't freeze him. The only way he would be protected is if Tony made psi- dampeners/telepathy blockers or used his S.P.I.N Tech to cancel out mutant powers.

#17 Edited by Strider92 (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: I'm not sure that's true Mercer has absorbed god knows how many people during the course of events to find out who he was. What would happen if Emma tried to penetrate his mind and got flooded with the thoughts and emotions of all of those people at the same time?(I believe something similar happened to Jean when she tried to get into Rogues mind at least I think it was Jean) And say she can resist that Alex's healing factor is on par with Deadpools possibly faster due to the fact he has no organs or cells and Deadpool is immune to telepathy and psychic attacks, why shouldn't Mercer be able to resist it to?

#18 Posted by God_Spawn (37305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Strider92 said:

Well also the fact that Emma is in one of the team, whats stopping her from mindraping them??

She can do exactly what she did to Shaw! and they will all be like

*who are we, why are we here, should we kill ourselves?*

The fact that Tony is immune to telepathy and Ms. Marvel can blitz her before she gets a thought out. Also Tony is a better prep artist than the X-team to begin with and I see no reason why he can't build Psi dampeners or things that completely protect from telepathy and has access to S.P.I.N.

@Strider92: Emma has affected entire towns with her power and has sent world wide broadcast message to every mutant on the planet and has raw psychic power almost on the levels of Xavier, not to mention she is one of the top 5 telepaths on the planet. Mercer's number of absorbed people is a shot in the dark and is not that big compared to either and because he has no psiconic resistance to begin with, Emma can affect him. Also he has a mind, I don't see what having organs has to do with it. He is a sentient being with a consciousness therefore can be attacked mentally, whether he has no body, organs, a healing factor etc doesn't make a difference.

#19 Posted by Strider92 (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: 1. Why can't she effect Deadpool then?

2. Mercer isn't sentient Dr Ragland confirmed this when he took a sample of his bio-mass. Sentience is classed as something that can feel or perceive feeling. Alex himself stated he feels nothing when he kills and consumes people as Alex Mercer is only the consciousness the BlackLight virus took on and it can switch it off just as easily as it demonstrated at the end of the game. Viruses are not classed as being living creatures.

#20 Edited by --Anubis-- (668 posts) - - Show Bio

r1. team Cyclops

r2. Ice man can solo

r3. team Cap can pull it off

#21 Posted by God_Spawn (37305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92:

1. Deadpool's telepathy resistance varies kind of like Wolverine. Sometimes Wolverine can be taken over easily by people, sometimes he can't. But more specifically for Deadpool it is the result of his insanity, his mind is just too loopy.

2. Neither are spirits but that doesn't stop telepaths from projecting astral forms or interacting with them. Emma when shattered lost her physical body but her conscious was still there and was picked up on by Jean. Point is you don't need a physical body to be affected by telapthy. Emma is powerful and skilled enough to interact with whatever consciousness or simple coding makes up the virus or it houses and probably even force the consciousness since it has one to turn on or off to begin with.

#22 Posted by Strider92 (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

2. Neither are spirits but that doesn't stop telepaths from projecting astral forms or interacting with them. Emma when shattered lost her physical body but her conscious was still there and was picked up on by Jean. Point is you don't need a physical body to be affected by telapthy. Emma is powerful and skilled enough to interact with whatever consciousness or simple coding makes up the virus or it houses and probably even force the consciousness since it has one to turn on or off to begin with.

I had a quick look on the marvel website and they define telepathy as a person who can manipulate and destroy a brain's neurological pathways. As I stated before Mercer has no brain. Has Emma ever been shown to be able to hurt spirits or do anything else apart from communicate with them? If she has could you show a scan? And assuming your right and Alex's first move is to take on Emma whats to stop him simply pulling a devastator move and forcing her into diamond form or consuming her for that matter it even states in comic vines profile of him (http://www.comicvine.com/alex-mercer/29-58219/) that he gained he claws by consuming a mutant. Assuming your right and she can shut him down using telepathy would she be able to sift through every single person he consumed and find the right one before Mercer gets close enough to attack her and force her into diamond form? Remember he is a surprise addition so how will she know his name or which consciousness to shut down? I think if I remember rightly (i'll look it up in a sec) it was stated that Mercer was a 75-85 tonner(as he was chucking tanks around quite casually) would her diamond form be able to hold up against that sort of beating? I stand by what I said earlier that Magneto is the biggest threat here. There are to many variables for Emma to deal with that might force her into diamond form before being able to shut him down (for exemple stray bullets from Deadpool we all know how much he loves to spray automatic fire lol).

#23 Edited by God_Spawn (37305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Marvel.com sucks, it's honestly worse than marvel.wikia be wary of using it. They say Emma for example has class 6 fighting skills, class 5 strength, class 7 energy projection. None of those stats are remotely close. I already gave an example of a telepath contacting a lone consciousness, Emma shattered her body was gone. Jean still connected with her consciousness before rebuilding her body. No body, no brain, no neurological pathways just a consciousness and she still found her. Emma herself brought in a group of the X-ladies inside Wolverine's mind to fight and kill a bunch of demons possessing him in Wolverine Goes to Hell arc.

Also again shifting through tons of people is not that big of a deal, she has affected entire cities, cast global messages etc she would shut down all of them if she had to. It's not that hard for someone of her skill/power level to do and again with NO psiconic resistance there is nothing stopping her. Mercer does not hold thousands of people and is lucky if he has a few hundred, again he holds a ballpark number. I'm not saying that it is definitive it will happen but saying he is immune to telepathy when nothing implies it is false.

#24 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

cyclops for the ones where he has mqagneto.

#25 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

Ms. Marvel can solo. She will blitz Magneto and the rest.
#26 Edited by Strider92 (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: I'm not debating the fact she can find and communicate with things that have no psychical form I know she probably can i've seen other telepaths do it. What I haven't seen them do is cause them any harm. For example i've never seen Jean Grey make a ghost writhe in agony and I always thought this was because it didn't have a psychical form that could be hurt. Telepathy must cause psychical harm other wise how else have Deadpool and Logan been able to resist it in the past? The only thing they have in common is the healing factor. By that logic telepathy must be something to do with some part of the body (most likely the brain or the neurons or the pathways in them) being stimulated to make pain otherwise I can't see another explanation as to how Deadpool and Logan have both resisted it in the past.

#27 Posted by God_Spawn (37305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: I just provided examples of Emma and X-ladies fighting and killing demons possessing Wolverine in a samurai esque combat.

No, healing factor's have nothing to do with it. Wolverine's telepathy resistance comes from his feral rage and pure will power through years of meditation. Also there are level 9 psi shields implanted within his mind by Xavier. Deadpool is insane to the point that it offers extreme telepathic resistance. 2 completely different things.

#28 Posted by Strider92 (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Wolverine has a physical form there does he not? It says in Deadpool's profile (http://www.comicvine.com/deadpool/29-7606/) that his resistance to telepathy comes from his fluctuating brain cells not his psychosis (i'm not saying that doesn't help out but that's not the main reason.)

#29 Edited by God_Spawn (37305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: But those demons did not nor did they fight a physical battle. They fought on the Astral plane of Wolverine's mind, not his brain directly. All telepaths are able to project themselves on that plane. Also people with magic can enter that plane too hence why the demons were able to invade. Alex may not have a physical brain but he has a conscious mind whether on or off, there is some simple coding that allows action and the conscience is in there somewhere. As for Deadpool, like I said it depends on the writer. Sometimes he is immune, sometimes he is not. One writer can say that it is healing factor because his brain cells and cancer cells are in a constant flux of regeneration keeping his brain cells healthy and others can but another writer could make it because he is nuts. So technically we were both right on the subject from different POV's.

#30 Posted by Strider92 (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: That kind of makes the point hard to prove I guess we'll have to agree to disagree! thanks for the argument though lol I learnt a few things I didn't know.

#31 Posted by God_Spawn (37305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: I'm glad I could help and no offense but that is fine with me lol. I didn't know how many other ways I could explain it.

#32 Posted by Strider92 (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: None taken and you won me over that Emma can hurt non psychical forms so good job there but as neither of us can prove that Deadpools healing factor comes from his healing factor or his insanity that's pretty much an impossible point to make until Marvel stop being inconsistent(not gonna happen anytime soon lol). Oh a quick question about the scan, those daemons in Wolvie's mind where they separate beings (eg: and invading force) or where they projections brought on by his own subconsciousness (Inception style!)?

#33 Posted by God_Spawn (37305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: They were separate invading spirits that possessed him.

#34 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Cap

#35 Posted by MzombieX (975 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Cyclops has the advantage

#36 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclop's Team wins All rounds