Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cyber_cowboy

Rogers has his classic vibranium shield

Zack has his iconic buster sword

NO MATERIA!

I want this to be purely physical

Fight takes place in your classic DBZ wasteland and the two combatants start at a distance of 40ft.

This is not a spite thread. I honestly believe this could be a good even match.

Let the battle of the genetically enhanced super soldiers commence!

MissingLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zack wins, because materia isn't magic.

cyber_cowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay then I will change that in the op

Avatar image for buckycapwintersoldier
BuckyCapWinterSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, two of my favorite characters. God, this is a hard one for me. Honestly, I'd have to say Cap wins this one, albeit after a difficult fight. Cap has experience and a shield that pretty much acts like a boomerang with the correct angles. Zack, without his materias, would have a difficult time, as Cap has fought people with Zack's level of skill and sword skills as well. If it were Angeal, now he would give Cap a run for his money. Also, Cap's enhancements are much more stronger than Zack's. Zack, however has quicker reflexes, has shown his ability to speed blitz, has shown that he can do more than just swing his sword around (no dick jokes people), has gravity defying abilities common in video games where they jump like 50 ft in the air, and has the age factor running for him. Although, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't fight as Zack is just too nice for that. Now excuse me as I go sob about him some more.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Marshall_Long

Not really a fair match for the Cap...

Loading Video...

This was him before 1st class, before he clashed Swords with Sephiroth.

cyber_cowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marshall_long: I didn't see anything that cap couldn't do if not better. Maybe except for that huge exaggerated jump that Japanese style characters tend to always have. But then again I don't see him not being able to with that train propelling him forward

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cyber_cowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cyber_cowboy

@marshall_long: given how much sephiroth was holding back and the fact that Zack never won. Then yah, I'm positive cap could amount to the same as what Zack has accomplished.

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zack, easy.

cyber_cowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody else feel like sharing their opinion?

cyber_cowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cyber_cowboy

bump

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zack.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zack. Mismatch.

cyber_cowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me: I wouldn't call it a mismatch. They're more similar than you might think. Cap has strength that can easily hold up if not surpase Zack, Zack has more agility of course but its not like he's completely leaving cap behind in that regard. Cap can keep up. And fighting skill I'm sure cap has the edge in it while I think Zack is slightly more durable. They tend to even out each other quit well

cyber_cowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Son_of_Zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap.

cyber_cowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not really convinced for either party right now. Let's start debating guys instead of just throwing out names

MissingLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MissingLink

I think Zack wins, because his reflexes are too good the be hit by Caps shield. Also, he took down a army of Shinra soldiers. Sure, he did it with materia, but still. You took it away, but he still has enhancements. Also, Zack can use Limit Breaks, He can use Octaslash, Chain Slash, Healing Wave, and he also can use the Digital Mind Wave. If he decides to use that, he can use Hellfire, Megaflare, Exaflare, and Rebirth Flame. Oh, and Zantetsuken, which is an instakill attack. He can also use a magical attack called Apocalypse. None of those are materia.

Zack super-mega-ultra-hyper-zetta-exa-stomps.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zack

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Zack wins, because his reflexes are too good the be hit by Caps shield. Also, he took down a army of Shinra soldiers. Sure, he did it with materia, but still. You took it away, but he still has enhancements. Also, Zack can use Limit Breaks, He can use Octaslash, Chain Slash, Healing Wave, and he also can use the Digital Mind Wave. If he decides to use that, he can use Hellfire, Megaflare, Exaflare, and Rebirth Flame. Oh, and Zantetsuken, which is an instakill attack. He can also use a magical attack called Apocalypse. None of those are materia.

Zack super-mega-ultra-hyper-zetta-exa-stomps.

I agree Zack wins but it's kind of difficult to translate the DMW into canonical information given how random it is and the cinematic purposes it's used for. And they you have to try to translate gameplay effects into canonical feats.

The limit breaks are applicable but I don't think that Zack can canonically use summons without Materia. Only the Cetra (and Sephiroth) can do that supposedly.

MissingLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think anything I mentioned there was a summon. I may be wrong though, but I don't think I am. The Digital Mind Wave uses three spinning reels during battle. Based off of that, the DMW isn't random. So Zack can use it, as he is fighting Cap. Because he can use the mind wave and Limit Breaks, he stomps. Also, instead of translating game effects into canonical feats, we could be translating cannonical feats into game effects.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't think anything I mentioned there was a summon. I may be wrong though, but I don't think I am. The Digital Mind Wave uses three spinning reels during battle. Based off of that, the DMW isn't random. So Zack can use it, as he is fighting Cap. Because he can use the mind wave and Limit Breaks, he stomps. Also, instead of translating game effects into canonical feats, we could be translating cannonical feats into game effects.

DMW is actually based on Zack's state of mind. His emotional connection with certain people is what allows him to naturally adapt and use some of their iconic abilities, even without materia. More than likely this is due to the mako infused inside his body acting much the same as materia does. That being said, no he can't use "Summons" with the DMW, as you do actually acquire the summon materias throughout the game, you just don't have to equip them, which would imply he's always got them equipped somewhere.

As for the fight, Captain America is boned. Zack is just out of his league. Even Ultimate Captain America wouldn't stand a chance against this SOLDIER First Class.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You said this:

Hellfire, Megaflare, Exaflare, and Rebirth Flame. Oh, and Zantetsuken, which is an instakill attack.

Those are summon attacks. The DMW is most certainly random, in gameplay terms at least. You can look it up on the FF wiki - almost everything about it is random. I don't know what your last sentence is supposed to mean but I agree Zack stomps.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zack. Forever and always.

EzioRenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zack, because he is the true hero

MissingLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenkuei: Sorry. I wasn't looking to the far right on the page. And what I said at the end of my post was a joke. But still, his can use limit breaks.

Avatar image for synchronized_123
synchronized_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zack stomp :)