• 58 results
#1 Posted by never give up (9601 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight takes place in battle arena. They start 10 ft from each other. For this battle Wonder Woman is at Captain America's strength, speed and durability levels.

Round 1- H2H Combat (Morals On)

Round 2- Captain America has his shield. Wonder Woman has her bracelets, lasso, sword & shield. (Morals On)

Round 3- H2H Combat(Morals Off)

Round 4- Captain America has his shield. Wonder Woman has her bracelets, lasso, sword & shield.( Morals Off)

#2 Edited by Franchise1590 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF? You can change characters durability levels now? Ugh whatever...

Round one I'd give to Cap BARELY he has more experience in pure H2H combat imo.

Every other round Diana should destroy him. She's always stuck me as a weapon expert and she has too much versatility with her lasso,sword, shield, bracelets etc for him to block and deal with.

Diana is a much better killer and should win in any morals off because she has more experience fighting dirty and to kill imo.

WW wins the majority and thus this match.

#3 Posted by never give up (9601 posts) - - Show Bio

If we went by regular stats of WW she would STOMP

#4 Posted by jashro44 (21656 posts) - - Show Bio

Its hard to compare wonder womans skill to regular fighters. She always has her powers so its hard to determine how much of her fights have to do with skill or how much has to do with powers. I don't think there is an answer all though if I had to pick I would pick cap simply because we know how much of his fights have to do with skill.

#5 Posted by emad_ishtiaque (370 posts) - - Show Bio

@Franchise1590 said:

Every other round Diana should destroy him. She's always stuck me as a weapon expert and she has too much versatility with her lasso,sword, shield, bracelets etc for him to block and deal with.

Diana is a much better killer and should win in any morals off because she has more experience fighting dirty and to kill imo.

What makes you think Captain America has more experience in H2H combat? She has been practicing H2H and using weapons in Amazon for a very very long time.

I think wonder woman should own him.

#6 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America wins all rounds. Idgaf, I love Wonder Woman, but people highly overrate her fighting skills.

#7 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@never give up said:

Wow that was insightful.

Cap should win Rnd 1.

#8 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

All rounds go to Wonder Woman except *maybe* 1.

#9 Posted by Hyperlight (5822 posts) - - Show Bio

@emad_ishtiaque said:

@Franchise1590 said:

What makes you think Captain America has more experience in H2H combat? She has been practicing H2H and using weapons in Amazon for a very very long time.

I think wonder woman should own him.

i agree... isnt WW a lot older and thus has been fighting longer? I was under the impression that WW was soing her thing in Themyscara for many decades before she got with the JL

#10 Posted by emad_ishtiaque (370 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

Captain America wins all rounds. Idgaf, I love Wonder Woman, but people highly overrate her fighting skills.

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't Amazons supposed to be some of the best fighters in the world and Wonder Woman being the best of them? Batman has also admitted than she is a better H2H fighter than him. For me, if Batman had Captain America's physical attributes, he would win against him.

What are Wonder woman's low combat showings?

#11 Edited by Seafarinhare (58 posts) - - Show Bio

WW takes all rounds. H2H experience goes to Wonder Woman, plus with Cap being at the physical peak for humans, he doesn't quite have the strength to compete either.

Granted, we are apparently nerfing that for the purpose of this scenario so, if you think that Cap is just the better fighter in terms of technique, you'd be wrong there as well. Cap is awesome, but in terms of abilities and talents, WW just wins 100% of the time.

She has been hailed(by Batman) as the best fighter. She also makes up for lack of super speed with super fast muscle memory, so she can react to Caps attacks MUCH faster than he can react to hers.

#12 Posted by UltimateHero0406 (2171 posts) - - Show Bio

WW

#13 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@never give up said:

everyone knows that

#14 Posted by Bo88gdan (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain All rounds

#15 Posted by Franchise1590 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@emad_ishtiaque: You misunderstood me, I meant with morals on I think Cap MIGHT be able to catch her because I think he is more used to neutralizing foes whereas I imagine Amazon H2H training being more about killing foes.

I still think it's only slight edge and I agree 9/10 times she destroys him.

WW ftw

#16 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman takes all rounds IMO

#17 Posted by TheTmac (472 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap has a small chance in round 1

#18 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3497 posts) - - Show Bio

In round 1 cap might win but the other rounds wonder woman has this

#19 Posted by PlasticBag (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bo88gdan said:

Captain All rounds

How does he take all rounds curious? I'd say Cap maybe Round 1 and the rest go to WW.

#20 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@emad_ishtiaque said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't Amazons supposed to be some of the best fighters in the world and Wonder Woman being the best of them? Batman has also admitted than she is a better H2H fighter than him. For me, if Batman had Captain America's physical attributes, he would win against him.

Wonder Woman a better h2h combat user than Batman? I find that highly untrue, false statement.

Low end showings won't help with this, why want them?

#21 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

WW stomps.every round.

#22 Posted by Cyberdyne_Systems (104 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna say Captain America just because I can't stand Wonder Woman.

#23 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3832 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@emad_ishtiaque said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Wonder Woman a better h2h combat user than Batman? I find that highly untrue, false statement.

I think he may have been confused about when Batman said she was the best melee fighter, not H2H.

#24 Posted by emad_ishtiaque (370 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@emad_ishtiaque said:

@jeanroygrant said:

I think he may have been confused about when Batman said she was the best melee fighter, not H2H.

You are correct. I did confused myself with that statement. Sorry about that. Still, I think wonder woman stomps

#25 Posted by jashro44 (21656 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

WW stomps.every round.

What has wonder woman done skill wise to say she can beat cap let alone stomp him? They do have equal physical stats here...

@emad_ishtiaque: Batman has also stated lady shiva is the best fighter in the world. And in addition to that he said best melee fighter not best martial artist. Wonder woman has powers which assist her in melee combat.

Does anyone have any showings of skill for wonder woman?

#26 Posted by NyghtMare (403 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap takes round 1, the rest goes to WW.

#27 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@Franchise1590 said:

Did you say Cap has more experience as a H2H fighter? She's an amazonian warrior princess.. he's a WW2 guy who was frozen in ice for 20 years or so..

#28 Posted by ImmortalOne (3448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cyberdyne_Systems said:

I'm gonna say Captain America just because I can't stand Wonder Woman.

Get out.

#29 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@emad_ishtiaque said:

@Evil Incarnate said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@emad_ishtiaque said:

@jeanroygrant said:

You are correct. I did confused myself with that statement. Sorry about that. Still, I think wonder woman stomps

How is Wonder Woman a better h2h fighter than Captain America ?

#30 Posted by THORSON (2389 posts) - - Show Bio

curbstomp #1

WW wins

#31 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

In this scenario I think Captain America has a good chance to take the majority in the H2H rounds. She isn't any better than him physically (once again for this scenario), and Cap knows every form of H2H combat known to man, as well as being able to instinctively adapt to any situation and fighting style, as stated by Black Panther.

Please keep in mind I'm not using the fight as a feat since both were holding back, but what Black Panther thinks to himself about Captain America is still valid.

#32 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltimateHero0406 said:

WW

#33 Posted by jashro44 (21656 posts) - - Show Bio

@THORSON said:

curbstomp #1

WW wins

How?

@Ferdelance said:

@UltimateHero0406 said:

WW

Again How?

Does anyone have hand to hand feats for wonder woman where she did not have her powers?

#34 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2967 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferdelance: That was T'challa's father or grand father (I think grand father) and Captain America was a rookie with little to no experience, also I believe it was retconned into a tie in Flags of Our Father.

Also I don't see how that negates or invalidates anything I've posted.

#36 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: Yeah his grandfather,no it doesn't,I just posted it to show that Black Panther could beat Cap.

#37 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferdelance: Fair enough. I believe that Black Panther could beat Captain America as well, and that Captain America could beat the Black Panther. Assuming it's a random encounter with standard forum rules I think it would be a 50/50 split.

#38 Posted by Immortal777 (7582 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

In this scenario I think Captain America has a good chance to take the majority in the H2H rounds. She isn't any better than him physically (once again for this scenario), and Cap knows every form of H2H combat known to man, as well as being able to instinctively adapt to any situation and fighting style, as stated by Black Panther.

Please keep in mind I'm not using the fight as a feat since both were holding back, but what Black Panther thinks to himself about Captain America is still valid.

What forms might those be who taught him those forms and at what point in time did he learn those forms?

#39 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777 said:

What forms might those be who taught him those forms and at what point in time did he learn those forms?

He is adept at every form, He learned from (presumeably) masters, and he's known them since WW2. Although I'm pretty sure where you're going with this.

#40 Posted by Immortal777 (7582 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

@Immortal777 said:

He is adept at every form, He learned from (presumeably) masters, and he's known them since WW2. Although I'm pretty sure where you're going with this.

I just wanted to know sense you know more about Cap than I do. I just helps me understand he's skill lvl compared to the martial artists in Dc and Marvel.

#41 Edited by Franchise1590 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@SexualLobster:I stand by my statement, Cap has been shown to be a master martial artist who could rival Batman in skill (supposedly I still think Batman is better overall) and has experience training others who are already supposed to be world class assassin's. He spars ALOT (Thor, Hawkeye,etc) so he has more experience taking people out without death imo.

Amazon training seems to be mainly about killing their foes which is why Diana DESTROYS Cap in the morals off H2H round. She simply has killed more dangerous opponents, is a more experienced killer, and is a master with more weapons

WW usually prefers to use her weapons and she's always seemed more confident and dangerous with them so I always saw her as a weapons expert. Her weapons should still be magic and give her a big edge that she doesn't even need as well.

Cap barely takes a close majority of round one but gets pwned in the other rounds. WW takes the majority and the match.

#42 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777: Then I appologize for the last statement, some people say that it's PIS or somehow invalid becausethere isn't a detailed list of who trained him (like Batman, showing his training, for example).

#43 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Its hard to compare wonder womans skill to regular fighters. She always has her powers so its hard to determine how much of her fights have to do with skill or how much has to do with powers. I don't think there is an answer all though if I had to pick I would pick cap simply because we know how much of his fights have to do with skill.

The way you talk it's as if Diana ALWAYS relies ENTIRELY on her powers.

Is this what you mean by this statement?

#44 Posted by jashro44 (21656 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

@jashro44 said:

What has she done without powers? What technical displays does she have? She doesn't really have skill feats to justify beating someone like cap to my knowledge. With her powers she would stomp but without them cap wins based off what we have to go off of.

#45 Edited by Skidmore (11 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashro44 said:

@xxxddd said:

@jashro44 said:

What has she done without powers? What technical displays does she have? She doesn't really have skill feats to justify beating someone like cap to my knowledge. With her powers she would stomp but without them cap wins based off what we have to go off of.

Diana was trained since a kid by the Amazons, which are pure battle oriented... 

Her fighting skills are so advanced that she could keep up with superman, even by having inferior strength....  

Batman even stated once that Diana was the best melee fighter in the world.    

#46 Posted by jashro44 (21656 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skidmore: Her keeping up with superman is credited partially due to her speed and other abilities. Batman saying she is the best melee fighter doesn't say much. He said lady shiva was the deadliest fighter on the planet or something like that during knightfall. So there are some conflicting statements here. As far as i am concerned wonder woman has no displays of her skill that 1 ups caps.

#47 Posted by Skidmore (11 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashro44 said:

@Skidmore: Her keeping up with superman is credited partially due to her speed and other abilities. Batman saying she is the best melee fighter doesn't say much. He said lady shiva was the deadliest fighter on the planet or something like that during knightfall. So there are some conflicting statements here. As far as i am concerned wonder woman has no displays of her skill that 1 ups caps.

No, Wonder Woman is weaker, slower than superman, just look: 

#48 Posted by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

@Franchise1590: caps used to killing isnt he? he killed a lot of nazis

#49 Posted by jashro44 (21656 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skidmore said:

@jashro44 said:

No, Wonder Woman is weaker, slower than superman, just look:

None of this proves she is a better fighter than cap. It has also been stated she is just as strong as superman a few times and how much slower is she compared to superman? She has suer speed so how do I not know her actual reflexes aren't slightly slower than super mans. Having muscle memory doesn't necessarily mean you are a better fighter. Cap has stated he is adept in every form of combat, he has fought fighters like crossbones, daredevil, black panther, deadpool, and other top tier fighters and done well. Cap has shown knowledge of nerves strikes.

#50 Posted by Franchise1590 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@cfrehse: Yeah but alot of those were basic infantry while Wonder Woman has killed Ares the god of war before.

She fights gods and beings with thousands of years of fighting under their belt. I just don't think Cap is nearly as skilled a KILLER as WW. Great fighter he is and I think he does better in the morals on round because it neither would kill the other imo.

I think he knows more ways to finish an opponent without killing than her so I'd give him the edge there slightly 6/10. But Diana wrecks his shit in the morals off round where she could use fatal force which is what I think she's better at personally.