• 61 results
#1 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as figting styles I think these two have alot in common. They both have taken a basic fighting descipline and made it into their own unique style.

So hand to hand without weapons.

#2 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Captain America easily."

Why easily? They both are harden fighters. Both have knowledge of presure points. Both have fought others who have them outclassed. Both have trained other heroes. Wildcat was one of Batman's mentors.

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America easily.

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Vance Astro says:
Why easily? They both are harden fighters. Both have knowledge of presure points. Both have fought others who have them outclassed. Both have trained other heroes. Wildcat was one of Batman's mentors. "

1.Captain doesn't go after pressure points he just beats the f#ck outta people.

2.Cap outclasses him in every aspect of fighting.Strength,Speed,Agility,Experience ect.

3.Cap had more intense training and knowledge of more styles,Wildcat is a boxer.

#5 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
Why easily? They both are harden fighters. Both have knowledge of presure points. Both have fought others who have them outclassed. Both have trained other heroes. Wildcat was one of Batman's mentors. "
1.Captain doesn't go after pressure points he just beats the f#ck outta people. 2.Cap outclasses him in every aspect of fighting.Strength,Speed,Agility,Experience ect. 3.Cap had more intense training and knowledge of more styles,Wildcat is a boxer."

I agree with #2 but not the others.

Cap does use pressure points. Any real fighter would. I can list a few fights where he did if you like.

Wildcat main form is boxing, just like Caps is judo, but they both have evolved passed the basic styles making a unique fighting style of their own. And as far as his training being more intense. U would need to give more to why you feel that way. They both are shown to be always training.

#6 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading more about Wildcat, I disagree with #2 as well. He is not outclassed in any aspect.

#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"After reading more about Wildcat, I disagree with #2 as well. He is not outclassed in any aspect. "

Unless Wildcat got a power upgrade as fa as I know he's olympic level at everything,not peak human.

#8 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Alpha says:
"After reading more about Wildcat, I disagree with #2 as well. He is not outclassed in any aspect. "
Unless Wildcat got a power upgrade as fa as I know he's olympic level at everything,not peak human."

He has been known for feats that are nearly super-human (like punching through brick walls.)

#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
1.Captain doesn't go after pressure points he just beats the f#ck outta people. 2.Cap outclasses him in every aspect of fighting.Strength,Speed,Agility,Experience ect. 3.Cap had more intense training and knowledge of more styles,Wildcat is a boxer."
I agree with #2 but not the others. Cap does use pressure points. Any real fighter would. I can list a few fights where he did if you like. Wildcat main form is boxing, just like Caps is judo, but they both have evolved passed the basic styles making a unique fighting style of their own. And as far as his training being more intense. U would need to give more to why you feel that way. They both are shown to be always training. "

-You can't just say that Cap uses pressure points because any real fighter would...I have never seen Cap do anything like that.

-Boxing is only punches,judo is more counters and throws,which one do you thing will do the most damage?

-When I say Cap's training is more intense I mean he was trained in the Army during War time.He was given the super soldier serum and then had to adapt to being a weak soldier and to a soldier at his physical peak.He went into combat on the battlefields most of the time not even using a gun.Cap was training though even before he was a super soldier and pushed his self harder than anyone,he just wasn't physically in the best shape.

#10 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
Unless Wildcat got a power upgrade as fa as I know he's olympic level at everything,not peak human."
He has been known for feats that are nearly super-human (like punching through brick walls.) "
Yea, well Captain America knocked out the Hulk."

Ok. So he wins cause he knocked out the Hulk? Wildcat took on Grundy. He didn't get a chance to execute his plan but he knew he could stop him with pressure point blows.

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
He has been known for feats that are nearly super-human (like punching through brick walls.) "

Yea, well Captain America knocked out the Hulk.

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
Yea, well Captain America knocked out the Hulk."
Ok. So he wins cause he knocked out the Hulk? Wildcat took on Grundy. He didn't get a chance to execute his plan but he knew he could stop him with pressure point blows. "

Batman also took on Grundy,Grundy varies in strength.The Hulk does also but his strenght only goes up not down.Cap wins hands down.

#13 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
I agree with #2 but not the others. Cap does use pressure points. Any real fighter would. I can list a few fightswhere he did if you like. Wildcat main form is boxing, just like Caps is judo, but they both have evolved passed the basic styles making a unique fighting style of their own. And as far as his training being more intense. U would need to give more to why you feel that way. They both are shown to be always training. "
-You can't just say that Cap uses pressure points because any real fighter would...I have never seen Cap do anything like that. -Boxing is only punches,judo is more counters and throws,which one do you thing will do the most damage? -When I say Cap's training is more intense I mean he was trained in the Army during War time.He was given the super soldier serum and then had to adapt to being a weak soldier and to a soldier at his physical peak.He went into combat on the battlefields most of the time not even using a gun.Cap was training though even before he was a super soldier and pushed his self harder than anyone,he just wasn't physically in the best shape."

When Cap hit Spidey during the Civil War Spidey said his legs went numb. That would be a pressure point blow. In the Avengers when Hulk tore through the mansion Cap through his sheild at a pressure point in his neck that really hurt him. I could go on.

As far as Wildcat, I think you need o read up on him. He's much more than just a boxer. As far as Cap training before the serum, never heard of it. He was a weakling who wanted to fight for his country.

#14 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

cap wins easily and i have seen him use pressure points sometimes.

#15 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America wins. They may both be very skilled fighters, but Cap seems to be better skilled than Wildcat. And, Cap is physically superior to him in every aspect.

#16 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Captain America wins. They may both be very skilled fighters, but Cap seems to be better skilled than Wildcat. And, Cap is physically superior to him in every aspect."

I agree. Cap would be a little more faster, stronger (though Wildcat has done some superhuman feats), and agile. These are the things that would make him the winner, not a superior fighting method.

#17 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

wildcat's as superhuman as batman is. so cap outclasses him in every aspect.

#18 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"I agree. Cap would be a little more faster, stronger (though Wildcat has done some superhuman feats), and agile."

I never seen Wildcat do anything superhuman, simply because he isn't superhuman. You may not think that Cap isn't superior to Wildcat, but what defense does Wildcat have against the shield?

#19 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#20 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Invisible says:

"Static Shock says:
"Alpha says:
"I agree. Cap would be a little more faster, stronger (though Wildcat has done some superhuman feats), and agile."
I never seen Wildcat do anything superhuman, simply because he **isn't** superhuman. You may not think that Cap isn't superior to Wildcat, but what defense does Wildcat have against the shield? "
Hulk vs Captain America is just BS."

lol hulk vs cap was just plain stupid. i hate when they have fights like that.
Post Edited:2008-02-11 19:00:13

#21 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"wildcat's as superhuman as batman is. so cap outclasses him in every aspect."

Agreed.

Alpha, disregard that part about the Shield in my last post. I forgot that there's no weapons in this.

#22 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"lol hulk vs cap was just plain stupid. i hate when they have fights like that."

I agree. I hate when people use that fight to support Cap, knowing that it's bad writing.

#23 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Wildcat has been known to punch through brick walls,that seems like a super-human feat to me.

#24 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Wildcat has been known to punch through brick walls,that seems like a super-human feat to me. "

not in comic books. batman does that, cap does that... lots of people.

#25 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Apparition says:
"lol hulk vs cap was just plain stupid. i hate when they have fights like that."
I agree. I hate when people use that fight to support Cap, knowing that it's bad writing."

yah really !

#26 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Alpha says:
"Wildcat has been known to punch through brick walls,that seems like a super-human feat to me. "
not in comic books. batman does that, cap does that... lots of people."

Never seen Batman do that. What comic is that? Cap would be able since he is a little more than human.

#27 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Apparition says:
"Alpha says:
Never seen Batman do that. What comic is that? Cap would be able since he is a little more than human. "

cap's just peak human, not more. but the one i remember batman doing that in batman year one and he also kicked a pretty thick tree in half.

#28 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Alpha says:
"Apparition says:
"Alpha says:
Never seen Batman do that. What comic is that? Cap would be able since he is a little more than human. "
cap's just peak human, not more. but the one i remember batman doing that in batman year one and he also kicked a pretty thick tree in half."

Thank u. I will make note of that

#29 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

youre welcome.

#30 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

you know my vote :)

#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

T.J. Magnum says:

"you know my vote :) "

Wildcat? lol.

#32 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Apparition says:
I agree. I hate when people use that fight to support Cap, knowing that it's bad writing."

I was using it in comparison to Wildcat punching through a brick wall.Sometimes comics go over board when displaying a characters feats.They have been saying DD is an Olympic level acrobat forever but from what the comics have shown me,I don't agree with it.

#33 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Static Shock says:
"Apparition says:
I was using it in comparison to Wildcat punching through a brick wall.Sometimes comics go over board when displaying a characters feats.They have been saying DD is an Olympic level acrobat forever but from what the comics have shown me,I don't agree with it."

you dont think he's olympic level?

#34 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

if you don't pick cap then your a communist. JK

#35 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap....

#36 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Static Shock says:
"Apparition says:
I was using it in comparison to Wildcat punching through a brick wall.Sometimes comics go over board when displaying a characters feats.They have been saying DD is an Olympic level acrobat forever but from what the comics have shown me,I don't agree with it."
you dont think he's olympic level?"

I think he's above that.

#37 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Apparition says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Static Shock says:
"Apparition says:
I think he's above that."

why? and remember olympic level athletes in comics are better than olympic level athletes in real life. olympic level acrobats always make some mistakes but no one in the comics, even if they are nowhere near olympic level dont seem to make any mistakes in their routines.

#38 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Apparition says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Static Shock says:
"Apparition says:
I think he's above that."
why? and remember olympic level athletes in comics are better than olympic level athletes in real life. olympic level acrobats always make some mistakes but no one in the comics, even if they are nowhere near olympic level dont seem to make any mistakes in their routines."

I guess your right...

#39 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah normal humans can do some crazy things in comics!

#40 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

I never wanted to go by feats in comics, I feel that' open to the writer. When I brought this up, people said that you can't just go by what is given in a character bio, so I let it go.

#41 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"I never wanted to go by feats in comics, I feel that' open to the writer. When I brought this up, people said that you can't just go by what is given in a character bio, so I let it go. "

Well if were going purely off there powers and what we know they can both do...this is almost a curbstomp.Cap would beat Wildcat amillion times over.

#42 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"I never wanted to go by feats in comics, I feel that' open to the writer. When I brought this up, people said that you can't just go by what is given in a character bio, so I let it go. "

if it's open,then cap for sure

#43 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Alpha says:
Well if were going purely off there powers and what we know they can both do...this is almost a curbstomp.Cap would beat Wildcat amillion times over."

i think so too. even if we go by feats i dont think wildcat would last long.

#44 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
Well if were going purely off there powers and what we know they can both do...this is almost a curbstomp.Cap would beat Wildcat amillion times over."
i think so too. even if we go by feats i dont think wildcat would last long."

Your right...well that is until Captain America volume 5...He did less ridiculous stuff before he died.Well except beating the hell out of Iron Man...we all know that's a curbstomp.

#45 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Apparition says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
i think so too. even if we go by feats i dont think wildcat would last long."
Your right...well that is until Captain America volume 5...He did less ridiculous stuff before he died.Well except beating the hell out of Iron Man...we all know that's a curbstomp."

lol ya definitely

#46 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Wildcat has been known to punch through brick walls,that seems like a super-human feat to me."

That was in JLU. That doesn't count. Gotta use comic continuity, pimptight.

#47 Edited by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

to people saying wildcat is just a boxer.... read the bottom of this scan.

caption
#48 Posted by namorsubby (236 posts) - - Show Bio

cap.....barely

#49 Posted by Batosaims7 (904 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve or Bucky?

#50 Posted by TheGuy (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap, freakin' Wildcat is a WWII vet that didn't have the convenience to be frozen in the Arctic.