Captain America vs Venom

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cap. Briny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cap. Briny

Captain America

VS

Venom

I think Captain America could give him a run for his money.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Cap. Briny says:

"Captain America VS Venom I think Captain America could give him a run for his money."

I think you're wrong.

cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By cpt_linger

what would happen if venom's... venom were to get on Captain America? i know it prefers a person with hate and anger, but just... what if?

Cap. Briny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cap. Briny

Eternal Chaos says:

"Cap. Briny says:
"Captain America VS Venom I think Captain America could give him a run for his money."
I think you're wrong."

Care to explain why?

Venom is stronger than Cap, and has the web advantage but I think Cap could pull through with a win.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Cap. Briny says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Cap. Briny says:
I think you're wrong."
Care to explain why? Venom is stronger than Cap, and has the web advantage but I think Cap could pull through with a win. "

You summed it all up. Venom is much stronger, much faster, and has a lot more that he can do aside from shoot webs. Do you know what Venom can do because I don't think you do. Venom can use his tongue to choke Steve, or he can use his symbiote to just slam Steve over and over again. Venom's variety of tricks is insane, the damn guy can even go invisible and sneak up on Cap. Venom will eat Steve before he even knows what hit him. Steve is just peak human with shield. He can't do squat against somebody like Venom.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Phorqe

cpt_linger says:

"what would happen if venom's... venom were to get on Captain America? i know it prefers a person with hate and anger, but just... what if?"

You would get Dick Cheney

Cap could beat him. Cap can go toe to toe with Spider-man. He's a no BS fighter with a vibranium shield and bright red gloves. Venom has some distinctive advantages, and if the fight went on too long, Venom would win, but I say 3 outta 5 times Cap has this.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Vrakmul

This has been done before. Cap won. EC you should know you made the Re cap thread after all.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Phorqe

+

=

Post Edited:2007-12-03 19:00:31

Cap. Briny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cap. Briny

Eternal Chaos says:

"Cap. Briny says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Cap. Briny says:
I think you're wrong."
Care to explain why? Venom is stronger than Cap, and has the web advantage but I think Cap could pull through with a win. "
You summed it all up. Venom is much stronger, much faster, and has a lot more that he can do aside from shoot webs. Do you know what Venom can do because I don't think you do. Venom can use his tongue to choke Steve, or he can use his symbiote to just slam Steve over and over again. Venom's variety of tricks is insane, the damn guy can even go invisible and sneak up on Cap. Venom will eat Steve before he even knows what hit him. Steve is just peak human with shield. He can't do squat against somebody like Venom. "

Yeah, now that it's put into that particular context I would have to agree.

At first it seamed like Captain America might be able to handle it but now I am unsure.

I do know he can take a beating though, in the end imo venom would secure cap with his webs and slap him around till he's dead.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Cap. Briny says:

"Yeah, now that it's put into that particular context I would have to agree. At first it seamed like Captain America might be able to handle it but now I am unsure. I do know he can take a beating though, in the end imo venom would secure cap with his webs and slap him around till he's dead. "

I'm glad we agree Briny. Nice try though.

Dreadnaught says:

"This has been done before. Cap won. EC you should know you made the Re cap thread after all. "

Excuse me? How the hell did Captain America defeat Venom? I never read anybody saying that aside from fanboys and I argued for Venom, won, and it was decided that Venom won, especially due to the votes. I didn't put it on the Re-Cap thread anyway because I forgot about it.

Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venom.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venom easily.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By SpidermanWins

Lets think of a simple solution: Steve throws his little shield. Venom catches it. Venom EATS HIM. End of fight.

Star_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Star_Lord
I'm pretty sure that Cap knows Venom's weakness so if he is in an area in which he can properly utilize it, he loses. Even then, it would have to be extremely close, seeming the fact Venom is much, much faster than Cap, and has multiple long range attacks to use against him. So, in most situations, Venom 10/10. In the few instances where Cap is in some place in which he can use fire or sound against him,9/10(8/10 worst case).
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jashro44

any venom stomps.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Skaddix

He finds a metal pole and starts banging his shield really loud.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jashro44
@Skaddix: Venom punches him in the face.
Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Eternal Chaos said:

Cap. Briny says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Cap. Briny says:
I think you're wrong."

You summed it all up. Venom is much stronger, much faster, and has a lot more that he can do aside from shoot webs. Do you know what Venom can do because I don't think you do. Venom can use his tongue to choke Steve, or he can use his symbiote to just slam Steve over and over again. Venom's variety of tricks is insane, the damn guy can even go invisible and sneak up on Cap. Venom will eat Steve before he even knows what hit him. Steve is just peak human with shield. He can't do squat against somebody like Venom.

Outside of plot device, Venom wins. But CA is most definitely not just a peak human with a shield. First, but not foremost, his stats are enhanced, not peak. And he is notorious for taking apart more powerful, but less skilled, adversaries. He's beaten Spider-Man lest we forget. (And in a less plot driven scenario, he's fought Spidey to a a draw should you wish to call Civil War PIS).

Skill is never to be underestimated in comics ... as it's a plot device in its own right. Just ask Deathstroke as he dismantles the entire Teen Titans roster yet again, or even members of the JLA.

Skill is never to be blithely written off. And Steve has it in spades.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By Saren

Unless this is Gargan, Cap dies. And even if it was Gargan.....

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Hadn't realized this was a necro'd thread... so my response to an 8 month old post notwithstanding, CA has indeed taken down more powerful foes than Venom.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

To continue with the broad generalizations trend, Venom has taken down vastly more powerful foes than Cap. Duh.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Gremlin From Kremlin said:

Venom.
BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BringnIt

Cap beat Spider-Man.  Venom beat Spider-Man.  Stalemate.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jashro44
@Super_SoldierXII: When has cap beaten spider-man?
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@jashro44 said:

@Super_SoldierXII: When has cap beaten spider-man?

Civil War story arc.

But CA was the golden boy in that arc, so I take the 'win' with a grain of salt. The point is, that's CA's schtick; he beats long odds. I would not write him off so vehemently.

I believe, barring plot device, that CA definitely loses to Venom. I won't argue that. But Cap is one of Marvel's more dangerous underdogs and rarely should he be found completely stomped in a 'spite' battle IMHO against other street levelers (and Venom is still a high end street leveler ... he's not a team or city level threat).

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BringnIt
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Morpheus_ said:

To continue with the broad generalizations trend, Venom has taken down vastly more powerful foes than Cap. Duh.

Ya. Cool.

Like I said, Venom should win barring plot device. But stating Cap has taken down more powerful antagonists than Venom is more relevant than stating the inverse (i.e. stating the obvious) following with a 'duh' to come off well, obnoxious to be perfectly honest. Kudos. What's with the tude anyway?

CA is not about power and does not, in my opinion, rely on being 'more powerful' to win. Plenty of DC's heroes have taken down more powerful foes than Deathstroke, doesn't stop Slade from kicking their arses.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Skaddix said:

He finds a metal pole and starts banging his shield really loud.

Answers like this is what drives me to the bottle.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BringnIt said:

Cap beat Spider-Man. Venom beat Spider-Man. Stalemate.

... Lord have mercy ...

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By thanobomb1124
@Morpheus_

So who do you think would win?
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jashro44
@Super_SoldierXII: Civil war never really came to a conclusion due to something happening which drew caps attention away, all though cap did land more hits.  As far as venom vs cap goes it actually happened in a recent issue of venom and flash won. Caps only chance is prep or if he sees something in the environment to help him.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#32  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Morpheus_: And to end this broad generalization, don't you think it should be locked?

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@jashro44 said:

@Super_SoldierXII: Civil war never really came to a conclusion due to something happening which drew caps attention away, all though cap did land more hits. As far as venom vs cap goes it actually happened in a recent issue of venom and flash won. Caps only chance is prep or if he sees something in the environment to help him.

I agree.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BringnIt
@venomoushatred1001 said:

@BringnIt said:

... Lord have mercy ...

BringnIt (joking manner, but condescending)  

It was OBVIOUSLY a joke, especially since I posted scans on Flash punking Cap moments later.  I'll make sure all of my posts are written like screenplays for you in the future.  
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Morpheus_ said:

Ya. Cool.

Like I said, Venom should win barring plot device. But stating Cap has taken down more powerful antagonists than Venom is more relevant than stating the inverse (i.e. stating the obvious) following with a 'duh' to come off well, obnoxious to be perfectly honest. Kudos. What's with the tude anyway?

CA is not about power and does not, in my opinion, rely on being 'more powerful' to win. Plenty of DC's heroes have taken down more powerful foes than Deathstroke, doesn't stop Slade from kicking their arses.

You really aren't saying anything, honestly. There is no attitude. Just annoyance in the constant trope, "well, Cap is Cap and he's taken down this guy and that guy and..." So? Provide context. Explain how he won against "more powerful guys than Venom" (despite the fact that we have scans of him getting one-shotted by a version of Venom in this very thread) instead of simply stating it and expand on that. How are those victories in any way relevant to your case? What is your case to begin with? Thor once sent Galactus running for the hills. Does that mean he cannot lose to anyone < Galactus level? Daredevil once defeated Ultron by poking him with a wooden stick. Spider-Man defeated the Juggernaut and beat Firelord into submission. Iron Man turned Rachel Grey with the Phoenix into a catatonic. Every single major character has had victories over superior opponents throughout their respective careers. Hence the "duh". You were simply stating the obvious.

Deathstroke beating X character doesn't necessarily mean it's usable (from me, at least) in battle threads. He's a street level character. That's it.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BringnIt said:

@BringnIt said:

... Lord have mercy ...

BringnIt (joking manner, but condescending) It was OBVIOUSLY a joke, especially since I posted scans on Flash punking Cap moments later. I'll make sure all of my posts are written like screenplays for you in the future.

My bad.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BringnIt

@BringnIt said:

@BringnIt said:

... Lord have mercy ...

BringnIt (joking manner, but condescending) It was OBVIOUSLY a joke, especially since I posted scans on Flash punking Cap moments later. I'll make sure all of my posts are written like screenplays for you in the future.

My bad.

We're cool, bud.
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Morpheus_ said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Morpheus_ said:

Ya. Cool.

You really aren't saying anything, honestly. There is no attitude. Just annoyance in the constant trope, "well, Cap is Cap and he's taken down this guy and that guy and..." So? Provide context. Explain how he won against "more powerful guys than Venom" (despite the fact that we have scans of him getting one-shotted by a version of Venom in this very thread) instead of simply stating it and expand on that. How are those victories in any way relevant to your case? What is your case to begin with? Thor once sent Galactus running for the hills. Does that mean he cannot lose to anyone < Galactus level? Daredevil once defeated Ultron by poking him with a wooden stick. Spider-Man defeated the Juggernaut and beat Firelord into submission. Iron Man turned Rachel Grey with the Phoenix into a catatonic. Every single major character has had victories over superior opponents throughout their respective careers. Hence the "duh". You were simply stating the obvious.

Deathstroke beating X character doesn't necessarily mean it's usable (from me, at least) in battle threads. He's a street level character. That's it.

My initial response was based off an 8 month old comment that CA was just a peak human with a shield. THAT was the generalization here if ever there was one and that was the ONLY thing my two cents into this thread were meant to address. I feel, as a fan of CA, that such comments are far more deserving of an 'annoyance' factor than my retort not having pin pointed the many and varied fights wherein CA has shown his mettle.

I feel I have already exhausted many of these in previous threads and felt no need to go into them here as I already left my opinion that Venom wins.

I was not arguing for him beating Venom. I was taking exception to a far more inane generalization than any I may have made thereafter. I don't see how anything I said was deserving of your attention or 'annoyance'.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BringnIt
@Morpheus_ said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Morpheus_ said:

Ya. Cool.

Cap only let Venom one-shot him so that he could send Rulk after him and they could form the Circle of Four with Laura and chick Ghost Rider.  What a master tactician that guy is.
lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By lady_liberty

Ah Captain America. Your battles are so confusing to me. Why? Well because you are not that powerful, really. And yet you have a long, long, long history of beating the heck out of people you have no business tangling with. At least Slade uses more fancy technology.

In this battle I'm going to say that Venom, on paper, has nearly every advantage.

And yet.. I feel like given his history Captain America will win. Somehow, someway.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BringnIt
@Lady_Liberty said:

Ah Captain America. Your battles are so confusing to me. Why? Well because you are not that powerful, really. And yet you have a long, long, long history of beating the heck out of people you have no business tangling with. At least Slade uses more fancy technology.

In this battle I'm going to say that Venom, on paper, has nearly every advantage.

And yet.. I feel like given his history Captain America will win. Somehow, someway.

Mjolnir falls from the sky and Cap hits Venom in the face with it?
fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By fondofpacman

I remember Ben Reiley spider-man just beating Venom unconcious one time, so Cap has a chance even if you remove his plot device...also Cap is a genius strategist and picked up and contained Carnage at the end of Maximum Carnage, so he should know how to deal with symbiotes to some degree. I'd say it's 70/30 Venom in a straight up, no prep on either side, fight. Cap is the golden boy after all.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#43  Edited By Joygirl

Seeing people say Cap makes me unsure whether I should actually argue for Venom, or just facepalm.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Killemall

Its a stomp. Spiderman would beat cap just fine, venom is better than him in every aspect.