Captain America vs The Terminator (T-800)

jrolland194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Suppose Cap had to face The Terminator (the T-800 model, the "Arnold Schwarzenegger-Terminator") in a death match (to save Sarah Connors or some other MacGuffin) and it were 1984 in the normal, standard Marvel universe, but, for some reason, Cap couldn't contact any of the other Avengers or The Fantastic Four or The Falcon or anything (they were all off fighting the Kree in another galaxy, by a wild and low-probability coincidence, say) - just Captain America vs The Terminator: who'd win?

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap, easily.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wolfrazer

Cap, pretty sure his shield would be able to do some real damage to the Terminator being made out of...well the many things it is made from.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jojjimbo

Captain America.

Avatar image for switchblade2013
Switchblade2013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Switchblade2013

T-800 very easily. Without that shield Captain America is nothing.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only way Cap wins is if the t-800 is too slow to catch and end him. If it is significantly faster than an enhanced human like Steve, he is screwed.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the shield,Steve can win

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap wins. It's a freaking stomp if he uses the shield.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By JakeN7
leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

T-800 is stronger and more durable

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T-800 is significantly stronger due to the power chassis and hydraulics.

However Cap should be faster, and he's pretty good at using the enviroment, so I would side with Steve Rodgers for a slight majority.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ParagonNate

The Terminator is stronger? What feats does it have that put it above Steve in terms of strength I don't remember anything particularly impressive from the movies, then again I haven't seen any of them in a while. How exactly is it faster? Cap has the speed to dodge a bullet after it is fired, the Terminator never displayed speed like that. It may be more durable than Cap, but it isn't more durable than Cap's shield which Steve is very good at throwing, with enough force to chop trucks in half (the long way). I'd say the Terminator is being overestimated here, Steve takes this fight handily 10/10.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bigcimmerian

Steve stomps easy.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mtuske

Cap 10/10

Effortlessly

theendgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By theendgame

T800, if he can tag Steve. If not Steve works for it but wins out in the end. Steve maybe peak but still flesh and bone. If T800 gets his metal hands on him it could be over, but that's a big if. In the new trailer an older model flies through a helicopter. That's a pretty solid feat if it stays in the new movie. We'll have to see though.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Effortlessly?

How?

I'm pretty sure it would take some sort of effort to beat a machine that can tank shotgun blasts, survive small explosions, and fold metal like a pretzel.

I agree Cap wins but not effortlessly.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmanhunter:

Not really, Cap takes on tougher opponents regularly and wins without a whole lot of effort. The only thing that has in its favor is its durability which is moot since Cap makes a point to not get hit in the first place. Either by dodging the attack or by using his shield, which is so much more durable than the Terminator it's not even funny. Cap could just do what he did to Bucky when they first fought, dodge the bullet that the Terminator fires at him while throwing his shield and ricocheting it around to cut the Terminator in half. He could block it's punch with his shield before knocking it down and decapitating it with his shield. He could block it and then kick hard enough that it flies back into an object in the environment that he could then use to destroy it, like a trash compactor or some such. He could just throw his shield at it and cut in half with ease, it's not going to dodge it even if it was fast enough to do so, they seem to prefer to tank hits directly. Steve simply outclasses it.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DarthManhunter

@mtuske: I dont recall that being a tactic he usually deploys first thing, Specially considering the teminator is a 101 meaning it looks like Arnold so it looks human. Caps morals are in play here and I believe he would assess the t-800 first, once Cap goes in for some strikes and light shield work realizing its to no effect then I would agree. Shield Spam would certainly dish out some heavy damage. And then he could dish out the finishing moves.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not saying that Steve doesn't win handily, I just see it as he's going to have to exert a little effort, Ive seen Cap fight fodder that takes a couple blows to incapacitate them, and Ive seen him toss his shield kick the crap out of stronger opponents as well. All Im trying to get across is that Cap is going to have to TRY a little bit. I believe he wins handily with some mild effort is all.

PabloSL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PabloSL

The shield should give him an edge, however T-800 is way more durable and strong, I say cap takes it 7/10

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Xaos

Cap, easily. The shield make it even more easy.

Cap is a human at peak performance at all level, and while the T-800 is more durable and maybe strongr, Cap has a better tactical mind, and he's more agile. He's more skilled at hand-to-hand combat.

The hield and the speed of Steve enable him to dodge the first long range rafale of the T-800 guns and he engage the morderbot in hand to hand, after two or three exchanged bow, cap would realize he face a superhuman, after that, all he need is to strike his shield to an ankle, cutting his adversary legs and made him crawl. After that, T-800 is an easy meat to Cap.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DarthManhunter

@xaos: Thank you thats an assessment I can totally agree with.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, what about without the shield?

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmanhunter: It's a robot. He's going for the kill immediately. He's not dumb enough to try and needlessly throw punches. The Terminator is gonna get terminated.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By johnfrank120

Captain all day

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyborg. Let's see Captain America, with or without the shield, take out the T-1000.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske: its a robot that looks human, its the arnold version model 101, as stated in the OP.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske: and technically hes a cyborg, and no one ever said Cap was an idiot but theres a reason they look like humans; to fit in, infiltrate, and make humans think their human. Cap would recognize quickly hes facing something other than human but still.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Effortlessly?

How?

I'm pretty sure it would take some sort of effort to beat a machine that can tank shotgun blasts, survive small explosions, and fold metal like a pretzel.

I agree Cap wins but not effortlessly.

Batman one shotted Transformer's size robot with one kick. Steve can replicate the feat on much smaller robot with no problems.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

As Long as Cap isn't trapped in some sort of small room, Cap dances around him and decaps with the shield.

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Cap

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: lol fair enough. I concede since batman has been brought up.

Listen guys im not saying Cap loses by any means, I just think its not going to be a walk in the park for Steve.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmanhunter: The way the OP reads is he's fighting a T-800 to save Sarah. He already knows what he's up against so he's going to end it quick. He's not going in thinking it might be human unless i'm reading it wrong.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

The Terminator

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParagonNate: T3 held up a multi ton nuke proof door then with one arm while fighting the TX...Captain America wouldn't be able to do this

Loading Video...

T4 T800 prototype tanks a mini rocket to the chest from kyle, 2 Grenade shots to the chest and face not effected from Conner, then somehow is still active after a freaking huge vat of molten steel is poured entirely over it, yet still functioning and then is frozen yet still active after all that....I'm pretty sure the molten steel and multiple grenade shots to the chest would kill Steve easily...on top of that taking multiple gunshots to the face, chest.

Loading Video...

Also, Steve got nearly killed and beat up by Bucky....and KOed after landing in the ocean. T800 will kill Steve here, plus he's beaten more powerful Terminators.

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParagonNate: T3 held up a multi ton nuke proof door then with one arm while fighting the TX...Captain America wouldn't be able to do this

Loading Video...

T4 T800 prototype tanks a mini rocket to the chest from kyle, 2 Grenade shots to the chest and face not effected from Conner, then somehow is still active after a freaking huge vat of molten steel is poured entirely over it, yet still functioning and then is frozen yet still active after all that....I'm pretty sure the molten steel and multiple grenade shots to the chest would kill Steve easily...on top of that taking multiple gunshots to the face, chest.

Loading Video...

Also, Steve got nearly killed and beat up by Bucky....and KOed after landing in the ocean. T800 will kill Steve here, plus he's beaten more powerful Terminators.

As the TC didn't really specify, we have been using the 616 Marvel version of Captain America from the comics. The mainstream comics version is exponentially faster (able to dodge point blank gunfire after it was fired with ease), strong enough to rip through tanks, helicopters, trucks and secondary adamantium with his shield. He should take it handily over a T800 at least 8/10.

MCU version is another matter.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@r2datu: TC? Oh just read the op again, if its comic version may depend on the rules, weapons etc but the sheild helps no doubt.

However in the comics t800s have been run over by trains and still very functional so not sure...theyre pretty damn durable.

Movie universes terminator all day for me however.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve turns the Terminator into scrap

Seido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Seido

Terminator

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Bluejay4

Steve ridiculous stomp.

Winterborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap wins this easily. I'm pretty sure a T-800 model wouldn't even be able to tag cap.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic versions-leaning more Captain America

Movie Versions-Terminator stomps Steve

Mortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers