No Caption Provided
Recoil1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Recoil1985

Splice's durability will be difficult to overcome, but his lack of showings make it incredibly difficult to determine his true level of skill. Captain America, on the other hand, has the perfect weapon to counter-act Splice's wide variety of pellets. It's a matter of how well Splice could hang with Rogers in close range, and honestly, that's impossible to determine.

Recoil1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Recoil1985

Sorry, Splice, it looks like no one knows who you are.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jashro44

@Recoil1985: I guess not :(

Recoil1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Recoil1985

@jashro44: Well, what are your thoughts?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jashro44

@Recoil1985: I would probably say splice. I think his durability will be helpful and his pellets give him good range.

Recoil1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Recoil1985

@jashro44: Splice is just destined to never get a good thread, lol.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jashro44

@Recoil1985: LOL I guess so

Recoil1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Recoil1985

@jashro44: Perhaps this will help people learn about him and then create their own opinions. (taken from his respect thread)

Agility feat. Leaps from one speeding car to another on a highway.

Splice's first encounter/battle with Wonder Man. Displays Splice's tactics in action, deploying various pellets (electro-shock, shockwave, gas, explosive). Wonder Man remarks how Splice's metal armor hurts him with strikes and appears to be a vibranium mesh. He also implies Splice's suit must have hydraulics, allowing for greater jump distance.

Tells what inspired him to become an assassin

He doesn't have a handbook entry, but he does have a playingcard. Listed as a 5/7 for fighting abilities. Note that sometimes these entries were extremely flawed. For example, Cardiac was given a "2" strength level, despite having 15 ton strength. In this case, his strength and durability should clearly be above a 2 rating (courtesy of his armor) based on his showings vs Wonder Man

Splicer does his homework. Creates a pellet designed to de-power ionic based characters (Wonder Man, Crazy 8)

Takes on the Crazy 8. Gets revenge on Wonder Man's girlfriend, Alex Flores.

And so begins and second (and final) fight with Wonder Man. Wonder Man mostly smacks him around, but it's good for seeing how much punishment Splicer can take.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jashro44

@Recoil1985: Nice! Hopefully some more people will comment.

Recoil1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Recoil1985

@jashro44: Or not, haha.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By tg1982

I don't know, with the exception of strength I didn't see any superior feats for Splice. I think Cap at the very least equals in not surpases very other feat I've seen from Splice.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By Erik

@Recoil1985:

Did you decide to use his every appearance for that scan orgy? Because it seems like that is all of them lol.

Recoil1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Recoil1985

@Erik said:

@Recoil1985:

Did you decide to use his every appearance for that scan orgy? Because it seems like that is all of them lol.

Basically.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Saren

I thought this was going to be that creature from the movie Splice.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jashro44

@tg1982 said:

I don't know, with the exception of strength I didn't see any superior feats for Splice. I think Cap at the very least equals in not surpases very other feat I've seen from Splice.

Well cap is probably the better fighter and faster of the two but splice is more durable (since he takes hits from wonder man) so if cap is going to win it will probably be by putting splice in a hold but could cap do that without splice stabbing/slicing him or shocking him?

Recoil1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Recoil1985

@CitizenBane said:

I've heard people totally rave about that movie. I thought it was all kinds of "meh," though.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Saren

@Recoil1985 said:

@CitizenBane said:

I've heard people totally rave about that movie. I thought it was all kinds of "meh," though.

As did I.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tg1982
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cap has taken multiple hits and slams from Namor

EDIT- the first scan should be the last scan.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Namor could one shot Cap if he wanted to.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jashro44

@tg1982: Namor was holding back. Cap has been taken out by less then namor. We can say namor was hitting him hard because his cloths were tearing but even so wonder stated that splices metal exoskeleton was hard. Splice defiantly has a durability advantage.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By nefarious

Captain America should win.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jashro44

@Nefarious: Why and how?

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By nefarious

He is much stronger and faster, too. He could bash his shield against Splice's head, knocking him out.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@jashro44 said:

@tg1982: Namor was holding back. Cap has been taken out by less then namor. We can say namor was hitting him hard because his cloths were tearing but even so wonder stated that splices metal exoskeleton was hard. Splice defiantly has a durability advantage.

It's really just PIS.Namor and holding back don't even fit in the same sentence.Marvel just doesn't have any respect for the character.The sheer volume of street levelers they made him fight and poorly too, throughout his career has been ridiculous.
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pooty

@tg1982: Strength? I saw more durability from Splice. I didn't see him being too much stronger. His kicks, hits didn't seem to do more than make WM flinch. Much like when Gamora sparred with Thanos. It looked like she was hurting him when she wasn't. The pellets will be deflected by the shield or dodged. Sadly, I gotta go with Cap on this one......Sadly.

@Nefarious said:

Captain America should win.

@Nefarious said:

He is much stronger and faster, too. He could bash his shield against Splice's head, knocking him out.

This

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tg1982

@Vance Astro: @jashro44: Fair enough, I was just saying Cap is durable as well, Not that he would ever win or survive against Namor.

@pooty said:

@tg1982: Strength? I saw more durability from Splice. I didn't see him being too much stronger. His kicks, hits didn't seem to do more than make WM flinch. Much like when Gamora sparred with Thanos. It looked like she was hurting him when she wasn't. The pellets will be deflected by the shield or dodged. Sadly, I gotta go with Cap on this one......Sadly.

Yeah, my bad, I thought it was Splice that caught the tractor.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jashro44

@tg1982: I don't think splice will have an issue getting by caps durability. cap on the other hand is not knocking splice out.

@Nefarious: @pooty: How is cap suppose to do something that wonder man had a hard time doing? There are ways for cap to win but I don't see how knock out is one of them.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tg1982

@jashro44: Yeah, I'm not familiar enough with Splice to really comment on this fight, so I will hang back and watch (for now atleast). Splice does seem pretty interesting tho

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jashro44

@tg1982: Well recoil posted all of his showings (literally thats all of them) on the other page if you want to see what splice can do.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By tg1982

@jashro44: Damn, that's it?!? LOL. Well then honestly in light of the feats (or lack their of) I might have to give Cap the majority.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

Where's k4tzm4n when you need him

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pooty

@jashro44: @tg1982: WM only hit him twice and the same argument made for namor holding back can be made for WM. The last time when WM was mad and slammed him, Splice stayed down. I doubt WM was hitting a regular looking dude with the same force he fights Hulk. and lack of feats don't help either.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By _Black

Is this the Splice respect thread?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jashro44

@pooty said:

@jashro44: @tg1982: WM only hit him twice and the same argument made for namor holding back can be made for WM. The last time when WM was mad and slammed him, Splice stayed down. I doubt WM was hitting a regular looking dude with the same force he fights Hulk. and lack of feats don't help either.

Wonder man literally stated that splices exoskeleton was hard. I don't see how you can argue the same argument can be made for splice when he has never been punched out by less then wonder man and when wonder man himself stated he was really tough. We can confirm wonder man was hitting splice hard based on his statements.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jashro44

@tg1982 said:

@jashro44: Damn, that's it?!? LOL. Well then honestly in light of the feats (or lack their of) I might have to give Cap the majority.

I think splice has enough feats to say he can stand up to cap.

@(((Prodigy))) said:

Where's k4tzm4n when you need him

Him and recoil are the same person I believe.

@_Black said:

Is this the Splice respect thread?

I think thats might be all the scans from his respect thread lol

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By pooty

@jashro44: I agree that his exoskeleton is hard and stated his durability is better than Cap's. But that is the only advantage i saw. He fought a brick in WM who skill is no where near Cap's. Cap has found a way to hurt foes more durable than him in the past. Cap also has a shield that is the equalizer to Splice's exoskeleton. Other than durability(which is equalized by the shield) and a maybe a slight strength advantage Splice didn't look that good to me.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jashro44

@pooty said:

@jashro44: I agree that his exoskeleton is hard and stated his durability is better than Cap's. But that is the only advantage i saw. He fought a brick in WM who skill is no where near Cap's. Cap has found a way to hurt foes more durable than him in the past. Cap also has a shield that is the equalizer to Splice's exoskeleton. Other than durability(which is equalized by the shield) and a maybe a slight strength advantage Splice didn't look that good to me.

Wonder man also has lightning quick reflexes so its not like splice has no skill whatsoever. I don't see how captain americas shield equalizes the suit, what feats does he have to say he can hit as hard as wonder man? Also what counter does cap have for gas pellets as well? We saw splice use them on wonder man.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By pooty

@jashro44: Wonder man also has lightning quick reflexes

those words are hyperbole and have been used to describe real life athletes and darn near every comic book character

so its not like splice has no skill whatsoever

The Punisher has skill. Nick Fury has skill but I havn't seen any skill that seems impossible for Cap to duplicate. Did you?

I don't see how captain americas shield equalizes the suit. Also what counter does cap have for gas pellets as well

I'm saying I don't think Splice will get past his shield. His shield will absorb his blows as well as his pellets. And Cap can use his shield offensively also.

what feats does he have to say he can hit as hard as wonder man

There is no evidence that WM was hitting him as hard as he hits the Hulk. And Cap has tanked explosions and blocked hits from Mjolnir and Hulk.

A few pages against a brick can't compete with Cap's body of work.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#40  Edited By Joygirl

Going with Splice. If it weren't for PIS (Oh look, an innocent! Must CHASE!) he would have straight-up defeated Wonder Man, which, in my book, puts him squarely in the "good enough" bracket. But I did think this would be the girl (or monster rape-guy) from the movie Splice.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

As impressive as Splice is in those scans, I'm not sure if I can see him beating Cap. 
The fight would be very close though.

Cochise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Cochise

And Wonder Man could pulverize Splice if he wanted to, but Simon isn't a killer so this is a typical case of a hero holding back from striking a villain with his full strength to avoid killing him. Wonder Man at standard levels has Class 100 strength.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jashro44

@pooty:

those words are hyperbole and have been used to describe real life athletes and darn near every comic book character

Point being wonder man isn't slow.

No Caption Provided

The Punisher has skill. Nick Fury has skill but I havn't seen any skill that seems impossible for Cap to duplicate. Did you?

Irrelevant and the point of saying splice has skills was that he was able to hand with some one who blitzed wolverine.

I'm saying I don't think Splice will get past his shield. His shield will absorb his blows as well as his pellets. And Cap can use his shield offensively also.

1. Why couldn't a gas pellet get by his shield? It will explode on impact and cap will breath it in and pass out.

2. Still not seeing any evidence of cap getting by someone of splices durability.

There is no evidence that WM was hitting him as hard as he hits the Hulk. And Cap has tanked explosions and blocked hits from Mjolnir and Hulk.

A few pages against a brick can't compete with Cap's body of work.

No evidence that splice is as durable as hulk I never said that but there is evidence cap cannot hurt splice. Wonder man doesn't remark the durability of an average human, he remarked splices durability. I have seen average humans take a shield toss before. What has cap done to suggest he can hurt splice? As I said he has ways to win but I don't see how knock out is an option.

@Cochise said:

And Wonder Man could pulverize Splice if he wanted to, but Simon isn't a killer so this is a typical case of a hero holding back from striking a villain with his full strength to avoid killing him. Wonder Man at standard levels has Class 100 strength.

Wonder man remarked his durability. Obviously yes he was holding back but he was hitting him harder then he would hit an average human. I don't think wonder man would remark caps durability.