epic battle

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By acewasp23

What does snake come into the battle with?

Wisppeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wisppeons

he always goes into battle with his M9 tanq gun,socom , with his unlimited bullet bandanna and a pack of cigs.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lantern Prime
Wisppeons said:
epic battle

Steve Rogers

Solid Snake: Grenades, Socom Pistol, unlimited ammo head band, and the eyepatch from 4
acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By acewasp23

damn... no cardboard box...
don't know.. i would give it to snake...
interested in what other people have to say though...
where is the battle taking place?

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lantern Prime

Danger room. I use it alot but for these guys its only fitting such soldier should fight in this type of setting.

capt.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By capt.

are you insane captain america all the way

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Static Shock

Captain America.

Kentaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kentaxx

Captain America CURBSTOMP

Sleuth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sleuth

Steve wins this.

Colossus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Colossus666
Kentaxx said:
Captain America CURBSTOMP

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By King_Saturn
Captain America wins
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By geraldthesloth

Captain america wins..It's not a curbstomp though

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Nerx

Can a person say snake without being bashed?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Static Shock
Nerx said:
Can a person say snake without being bashed?
Yes. :)
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lantern Prime
@Nerx said:
"Can a person say snake without being bashed?"

No.... 

Snake wins in a grueling battle...
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FinalStar86

Spite thread, move along

Captain America one shots Snake

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Night Thrasher

Captain America 

how about Captain America vs Solid Snake and Sam Fisher?

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lantern Prime

Yeah I see either a stalemate.....
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FinalStar86
@Night Thrasher said:
" Captain America  how about Captain America vs Solid Snake and Sam Fisher? "
Would still be a stomp in favor of Cap, Sam Fisher is old as hell anyway
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By spidey 15
@FinalStar86 said:
"   Spite thread, move along  Captain America one shots Snake "
Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Captain America gets a thumbs up.

X-23_2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By X-23_2513

Captain America wins this.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FinalStar86

With ease too, he would stomp the hell out of all of the Snakes in a few seconds

GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GT-Man

Cap but a hard battle
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By progenitorigin

I'm a huge MGS fan, and Snake would manage to parry Steve for a time being, but eventually, Cap would outlast Snake due to the fact that his Erskine serum eliminates the fatigue in his body, meaning he could fight at peak for hours on end.  Cap takes this. 
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Ferro Vida

I'd say Cap.

FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FinalStar86
@GT-Man said:

" Cap but a hard battle "

Not really, Cap would have to pull his punches otherwise he would kill Snake.  Snake doesn't have the skill, speed or physical strenght to counter any of Caps attacks. One punch and its all ove
daken_2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By daken_2513

Captain  America
GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GT-Man

I hate the game
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lantern Prime
@GT-Man said:
"I hate the game "
What game? This is a closely contested fight..... 

@FinalStar86 said:

"With ease too, he would stomp the hell out of all of the Snakes in a few seconds "

FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FinalStar86
@Lantern Prime: Don't worry Lantern, I promise not to feed you lol

Come back when Snake can break a pair of hand cuffs on his own

Oh btw, have you read a comic yet? Even one? Didn't think so
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By progenitorigin

With how hard Old Snake fought against Ocelot at the end of MGS4, and with the technical punishment he took from the martial arts techniques and the overall brutal beating, and still having the strength to stand and fight, he wouldn't go down easy.  Snake's proven his martial arts prowess against Liquid Snake, who was a member of the SAS and governmentally trained, along with being appointed the captain of FOXHOUND, Raven himself described Liquid as a demon in battle. 

So actually, Lantern is right.  This wouldn't be a curbstomp.  Captain America would win, but Snake isn't exactly a slouch in combat, so he would give up a good fight before being taken down.  An opinion's an opinion, if you repeatedly just say your opinion of Snake, that's not debating, that's trolling by overstating your opinion.  Bear that in mind. 

Good match-up.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FinalStar86

Fighting hard doesn't do much good against someone who outclasses you in every aspect by far.  Ocelot was 70 years old at the end of MGS4 and had no peak human physical stats.  

So basically, it was a fight between 2 guys neither having peak or even olympic level physical stats fighting each other.   
Snake has proven his martial art prowess against another mediocre fighter who also has no feats or combat showings.  Not to mention it was Ocelots body.  

So actually, this is a massive curbstomp, Cap would have to hold back because a full powered punch would literally knock Snakes head off.   

Not an opinion, simple fact. When Snake can break a pair of hand cuffs or take a rifle butt to the face without getting knocked out he may stand a chance against some low tier comic characters

Cap one shots him, and if Cap was BL Snakes head would fly clean off of his shoulders

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By progenitorigin

Exactly, look at how old they were.  Even after aging so much, they used great technique in that last battle, enough that I guarantee it would impress Cap himself.  I don't see why you keep mentioning about Snake breaking the handcuffs, I don't even think it was even mentioned by someone else.  If you actually read classic Cap, you'd know that Cap has been KOed by similar methods such as a "rifle butt to the face." Although Cap would regain consciousness much faster than Snake.  Then again, Snake didn't take Erskine's serum, he was made with the genes of a legendary mercenary. 

If by logic you think that he would be able to "punch Snake's head off literally."  Then i'd love to hear you explain why, when Cap was beating on Wolverine, full force, because of the fact that Logan briefly betrayed him for Baron Zemo, Logan himself said it was one of the top beatings he's ever taken, and Logan may have had a healing factor, but otherwise, he was normal, so why wasn't his head punched off? Could Cap behead Snake with the shield? Yeah.  No question that Cap would win this, but you keep acting like Snake wouldn't put up a good fight.  If Snake was able to fight like he did as Old Snake, H2H, then as Solid Snake, he would be younger, quicker to reaction time and possibly stronger.  Snake's proven his H2H skills against Liquid Snake, Big Boss, Gray Fox, and Ocelot.  I do agree with you saying that Cap outclasses Snake, but Snake's proven he wouldn't just go down without a fight.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@FinalStar86 said:
" @Lantern Prime: Don't worry Lantern, I promise not to feed you lol  Come back when Snake can break a pair of hand cuffs on his own  Oh btw, have you read a comic yet? Even one? Didn't think so "
Don't egg him on.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By progenitorigin
@Vance Astro said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @Lantern Prime: Don't worry Lantern, I promise not to feed you lol  Come back when Snake can break a pair of hand cuffs on his own  Oh btw, have you read a comic yet? Even one? Didn't think so "
Don't egg him on. "

I would say the exact same of Star.
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lantern Prime
@progenitor said:
" Exactly, look at how old they were.  Even after aging so much, they used great technique in that last battle, enough that I guarantee it would impress Cap himself.  I don't see why you keep mentioning about Snake breaking the handcuffs, I don't even think it was even mentioned by someone else.  If you actually read classic Cap, you'd know that Cap has been KOed by similar methods such as a "rifle butt to the face." Although Cap would regain consciousness much faster than Snake.  Then again, Snake didn't take Erskine's serum, he was made with the genes of a legendary mercenary.  If by logic you think that he would be able to "punch Snake's head off literally."  Then i'd love to hear you explain why, when Cap was beating on Wolverine, full force, because of the fact that Logan briefly betrayed him for Baron Zemo, Logan himself said it was one of the top beatings he's ever taken, and Logan may have had a healing factor, but otherwise, he was normal, so why wasn't his head punched off? Could Cap behead Snake with the shield? Yeah.  No question that Cap would win this, but you keep acting like Snake wouldn't put up a good fight.  If Snake was able to fight like he did as Old Snake, H2H, then as Solid Snake, he would be younger, quicker to reaction time and possibly stronger.  Snake's proven his H2H skills against Liquid Snake, Big Boss, Gray Fox, and Ocelot.  I do agree with you saying that Cap outclasses Snake, but Snake's proven he wouldn't just go down without a fight. "

I really don't see how him outclassing Snake but even so Snake fought guys that outclassed him all the time physically but it obviously doesn't matter...
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
I don't think this fight is really close.Cap is everything Snake is but better.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By progenitorigin
@Vance Astro: Snake's fought against people like Vulcan Raven, Vamp, Fortune.  All of whom would have made formidable Cap villains, when you take into consideration people like Batroc, Serpent Society, Crossbones.  I really don't see why Snake wouldn't be able to at the very least parry with Cap a bit before he's defeated.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@progenitor said:

" @Vance Astro: Snake's fought against people like Vulcan Raven, Vamp, Fortune.  All of whom would have made formidable Cap villains, when you take into consideration people like Batroc, Serpent Society, Crossbones.  I really don't see why Snake wouldn't be able to at the very least parry with Cap a bit before he's defeated. "

I know he has.I've beaten every metal gear.I don't see how that makes him compare to Captain America.The characters you named are Cap's rouge gallery like Vulcan,Raven, etc. are Snake's.The difference is Cap fights character that are out of that league and in more powerful characters rouge galleries all the time.Or at least he used to before he died.Snake doesn't have physical ability on Cap's level and Cap has near impenetrable defense.Then when you add on his years of experience,his mastery of martial arts,his tactical genius,etc.It doesn't look close at all.I'm sure Snake will survive for a while...but the loss is inevitable.Cap would have to be off his game or there would have to be a plot device for it to look like Snake is a match for Cap.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By FinalStar86
@progenitor said:

"  Exactly, look at how old they were.  Even after aging so much, they used great technique in that last battle, enough that I guarantee it would impress Cap himself.  I don't see why you keep mentioning about Snake breaking the handcuffs, I don't even think it was even mentioned by someone else.  If you actually read classic Cap, you'd know that Cap has been KOed by similar methods such as a "rifle butt to the face." Although Cap would regain consciousness much faster than Snake.  Then again, Snake didn't take Erskine's serum, he was made with the genes of a legendary mercenary.  If by logic you think that he would be able to "punch Snake's head off literally."  Then i'd love to hear you explain why, when Cap was beating on Wolverine, full force, because of the fact that Logan briefly betrayed him for Baron Zemo, Logan himself said it was one of the top beatings he's ever taken, and Logan may have had a healing factor, but otherwise, he was normal, so why wasn't his head punched off? Could Cap behead Snake with the shield? Yeah.  No question that Cap would win this, but you keep acting like Snake wouldn't put up a good fight.  If Snake was able to fight like he did as Old Snake, H2H, then as Solid Snake, he would be younger, quicker to reaction time and possibly stronger.  Snake's proven his H2H skills against Liquid Snake, Big Boss, Gray Fox, and Ocelot.  I do agree with you saying that Cap outclasses Snake, but Snake's proven he wouldn't just go down without a fight. "

And? You make it sound like Snake can take Caps hits because he took the hits of a guy who was 70 years old.  I already explained this to you, characters like Iron Fist and Black Panther impress Cap, characters like Snake are extremely mediocre in comparison 

Yes he would be able to punch Snakes head off, Snake has average durability, all of his physical stats are average.  Cap usually holds back but has been able to KO characters like Thunderball and Rhino. 

Wow...you;'re comparing Snake to Wolverine? Wolverine's healing factor in general is why he can take beatings so you basically answered your own question.  

I'm not acting like anything, Snake wouldn't put up a good fight because he is no where near Caps level.  You keep bringing up Snakes fights with other mediocre fighters that are no where near Caps level and try to pass them off as credible feats.  

Snake in his prime was unable to break a pair of handcuffs, also
Big Boss and Liquid aren't even in the same ballpark as Cap in physical stats or fighting skill, Gray Fox held back on him and Ocelot was f'n 70 years old when they fought, how does this compare to him? 

Snake would go down without putting up a fight, he lacks both the skill and the physical stats to do so and fighting other mediocre fighters with no exceptional physical stats does him no favors. 
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FinalStar86

Yeah Vulcan Raven who is nothing but a slow moving brute that walks around with a chain gun, he lost against Fortune because he couldn't hurt her and Raiden was the one who killed Vamp

Most importantly he never fought any of these characters in hand to hand either

This fight is a ridiculous stomp in Caps favor  

Oh and for the record
Crossbones would annihilate Snake

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lantern Prime

Snake would have to be on some other shit for Cap to actually "cubstomp" him.....
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Lantern Prime said:
" Snake would have to be on some other shit for Cap to actually "cubstomp" him..... "
Cap has made better opponents than Snake run from him.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FinalStar86
@Vance Astro said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
" Snake would have to be on some other shit for Cap to actually "cubstomp" him..... "
Cap has made better opponents than Snake run from him. "
Careful next thing you know he might make a Snake vs Daredevil thread, god forbid fanboys defend Snake on that one
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By progenitorigin
@Vance Astro said:
"@progenitor said:

" @Vance Astro: Snake's fought against people like Vulcan Raven, Vamp, Fortune.  All of whom would have made formidable Cap villains, when you take into consideration people like Batroc, Serpent Society, Crossbones.  I really don't see why Snake wouldn't be able to at the very least parry with Cap a bit before he's defeated. "

I know he has.I've beaten every metal gear.I don't see how that makes him compare to Captain America.The characters you named are Cap's rouge gallery like Vulcan,Raven, etc. are Snake's.The difference is Cap fights character that are out of that league and in more powerful characters rouge galleries all the time.Or at least he used to before he died.Snake doesn't have physical ability on Cap's level and Cap has near impenetrable defense.Then when you add on his years of experience,his mastery of martial arts,his tactical genius,etc.It doesn't look close at all.I'm sure Snake will survive for a while...but the loss is inevitable.Cap would have to be off his game or there would have to be a plot device for it to look like Snake is a match for Cap. "

I'm not going solely on physicality in this.  Even with Caps ingenius strategic capability and ability to adapt to H2H combat, Snake is pretty resourceful himself.  Since you've played the games, you've seen his ending fight against Liquid Snake, who in all actuality, isn't that much different than Red Skull, in terms of intelligence and government training, I would even say Liquid is more skilled in H2H than Skull.  I agree with what you said about Snake "surviving."  I think he has the reaction time and aversion techniques to avoid getting bested "easily."  In all honesty, Cap outclassing Snake does play a big part in this, Snake was trained for reconnaissance and infiltration.  Snake was able to survive and defeat a Hind D firing down at him during a blizzard, I think that his durability is being underrated here.  Snake's adaptability is also pretty formidable, defeating a legendary sniper like Sniper Wolf on a whim after rushing to get a sniper rifle to duel with her. 

People like Vulcan Raven are more than just lumbering powerhouses, obviously, him being what would be considered a shaman, he had heightened senses that were shown in the game when his view covered nearly half the screen, having spoken of his feats in the Alaskan competitions such as the ear pulling (saying it like that doesn't make it sound impressive, but considering it's done during freezing temperatures until one gives up, he spoke of being victorious in this).  If Snake was able to fend off a cyborg ninja with past training as a governmental killer similar to Winter Soldier, avoid being outclassed in speed and martial arts technique, I think that he could survive against Captain America at least for a bit until he's taken down.  Cap does have a distinct advantage here with Erskine's serum, eliminating the fatigue in his body to allow him to fight in physical peak for extended amounts of time.  Snake took on and defeated an M1 tank with sensors and deadly firepower using chaff grenades and normal grenades, but the chaff grenades didn't prevent the tank from firing shells at him, and he still managed to defeat it using just grenades.  No one normal, without incredible skill, could take on a mobile M1 tank during a white-out blizzard with just throwing grenades. 

Snake has shown formidable H2H technique, not only using CQC, an amalgamation of about three martial arts combined, but other H2H skills learned in the military and government.  Captain America has superior strength, durability, speed, reaction time, like you said from the beginning, he has Snakes number on all accounts, but so did Liquid Snake, who had the dominant genes of Big Boss, and even Big Boss, famous and formidable as he was, didn't have just dominant genes.  Liquid Snake was pretty much nigh perfect, the only reason he lost was because he allowed himself to fall into the trick that he was the one that was genetically inferior.  Snake still came out of that against all odds, so I don't see why Snake, who would be against all odds in a one-on-one match with Cap, couldn't at least survive and parry for a bit until being defeated.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By progenitorigin
@FinalStar86 said:

" Yeah Vulcan Raven who is nothing but a slow moving brute that walks around with a chain gun, he lost against Fortune because he couldn't hurt her and Raiden was the one who killed Vamp   Most importantly he never fought any of these characters in hand to hand either This fight is a ridiculous stomp in Caps favor    Oh and for the record Crossbones would annihilate Snake "

If you actually played MGS, you would know that Raven isn't simply a "slow moving brute."  I still think Crossbones and Snake would be a good match.  It's a copout with you trying to blame this defense on "fanboys."  You constantly lowball and lie about the capabilities of MGS villains so much it's ridiculous, and opinionated.  Saying Raven is just a slow moving brute is in itself a complete lie, if you actually played the game, you would know that Raven had exceptional senses and reaction time for a man his size.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@progenitor said:
I'm not going solely on physicality in this.  Even with Caps ingenius strategic capability and ability to adapt to H2H combat, Snake is pretty resourceful himself.  Since you've played the games, you've seen his ending fight against Liquid Snake, who in all actuality, isn't that much different than Red Skull, in terms of intelligence and government training, I would even say Liquid is more skilled in H2H than Skull.  I agree with what you said about Snake "surviving."  I think he has the reaction time and aversion techniques to avoid getting bested "easily."  In all honesty, Cap outclassing Snake does play a big part in this, Snake was trained for reconnaissance and infiltration.  Snake was able to survive and defeat a Hind D firing down at him during a blizzard, I think that his durability is being underrated here.  Snake's adaptability is also pretty formidable, defeating a legendary sniper like Sniper Wolf on a whim after rushing to get a sniper rifle to duel with her.  People like Vulcan Raven are more than just lumbering powerhouses, obviously, him being what would be considered a shaman, he had heightened senses that were shown in the game when his view covered nearly half the screen, having spoken of his feats in the Alaskan competitions such as the ear pulling (saying it like that doesn't make it sound impressive, but considering it's done during freezing temperatures until one gives up, he spoke of being victorious in this).  If Snake was able to fend off a cyborg ninja with past training as a governmental killer similar to Winter Soldier, avoid being outclassed in speed and martial arts technique, I think that he could survive against Captain America at least for a bit until he's taken down.  Cap does have a distinct advantage here with Erskine's serum, eliminating the fatigue in his body to allow him to fight in physical peak for extended amounts of time.  Snake took on and defeated an M1 tank with sensors and deadly firepower using chaff grenades and normal grenades, but the chaff grenades didn't prevent the tank from firing shells at him, and he still managed to defeat it using just grenades.  No one normal, without incredible skill, could take on a mobile M1 tank during a white-out blizzard with just throwing grenades.  Snake has shown formidable H2H technique, not only using CQC, an amalgamation of about three martial arts combined, but other H2H skills learned in the military and government.  Captain America has superior strength, durability, speed, reaction time, like you said from the beginning, he has Snakes number on all accounts, but so did Liquid Snake, who had the dominant genes of Big Boss, and even Big Boss, famous and formidable as he was, didn't have just dominant genes.  Liquid Snake was pretty much nigh perfect, the only reason he lost was because he allowed himself to fall into the trick that he was the one that was genetically inferior.  Snake still came out of that against all odds, so I don't see why Snake, who would be against all odds in a one-on-one match with Cap, couldn't at least survive and parry for a bit until being defeated. "

Cap would end this fairly easily.It would be an inconvenience at best.Characters lacking the skill,tactical genius,and physical ability of Captain America have far better feats than what Snake has done.I wouldn't even argue that Snake could beat Patriot or Bucky.