#1 Posted by GraniteSoldier (4512 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabertooth makes the Avengers hot list after a series of kidnappings (lets include Maria Hill director of SHIELD for added story here). The first Avenger himself decides to take Sabertooth down, tracking him to a cave in the Appalachian Mountains.

Battle Parameters:

Morals on.

Fight is to KO or death.

The bell has rung, who wins?

#2 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabertooth.Cap is lucky to beat Wolverine.

#3 Posted by tg1982 (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

@FourthDeity: I don't think Cap has (or can) beat Wolvie, at least not without PIS or help from other heros.

I do think Cap would fare better against Sabretooth than he would against Wolvie mainly due to Creed not having adamantium (unless he does or did. I haven't kept up on Creed in a looooong time), but I don't know if that's enough of a difference for Cap to win, although if it came to it I think Cap could decapitate Creed with his shield. I just don't know if Cap could do it more times than not.

#4 Posted by Erik (29815 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982:

Creed did have adamantium in the early 00s but in the story of his death, he did not have it. I think it was either writer error or it was a clone. The latter is actually a strong possibility considering the current Wolverine arc is about Sabretooth clones.

#5 Edited by tg1982 (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: I see, then with adamantium Creed would win, although I don't really think Cap would win anyways atleast more times than not.

It would really depend on the scenario of the battle, and it would have to favor Cap for him to win.

#6 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: He's beaten him ONCE if I remember correctly.Every other encounter Logan beat him pretty bad. Sure he may not have adamatium now but wouldn't that just slightly lower his durability?

#7 Edited by Erik (29815 posts) - - Show Bio

@FourthDeity said:

@tg1982: He's beaten him ONCE if I remember correctly.Every other encounter Logan beat him pretty bad. Sure he may not have adamatium now but wouldn't that just slightly lower his durability?

Against a shield bash to the skull, it would be a considerable difference in durability.

#8 Posted by hyiena (1770 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik:

Are the clones just a way to make up for all Sabretooths bad showing? I thought Sinister had said Sabretooth couldn't be cloned.

#9 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@hyiena said:

@Erik:

I thought Sinister had said Sabretooth couldn't be cloned.

Sinister has an army of Sabretooth clones which he uses as hounds in the current storyarc in Uncanny X-Men, so probably not.
#10 Posted by TDK_1997 (13685 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabretooth ftw.

#11 Posted by Nefarious (17622 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America wins.

#12 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd go with Cap.

#13 Posted by Erik (29815 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@hyiena said:

@Erik:

I thought Sinister had said Sabretooth couldn't be cloned.

Sinister has an army of Sabretooth clones which he uses as hounds in the current storyarc in Uncanny X-Men, so probably not.

He also had some way back in X-Force with the whole Legacy Virus thing. Sinister is a big fibber.

#14 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: I don't know too much on Sabertooth but isn't it the same principle as Logan? Wouldn't his healing make up for that?

#15 Posted by Erik (29815 posts) - - Show Bio

@FourthDeity said:

@Erik: I don't know too much on Sabertooth but isn't it the same principle as Logan? Wouldn't his healing make up for that?

Not sure what you mean here.

#16 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

Creed...He should at least win the majority.

#17 Posted by _slim_ (13028 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap.

#18 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America

#19 Posted by Bo88gdan (4374 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabertooth 

#20 Posted by hyiena (1770 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we get some reasoning and just not votes?

#21 Posted by nickzambuto (11427 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap can at best, stalemate Deadpool and give Wolverine a good fight. Against Sabretooth, his odds aren't so good.

#22 Posted by tg1982 (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena said:

Can we get some reasoning and just not votes?

I think Sabretooth would win more times than not, due to his healing factor. Now if Cap was bloodlusted and depending on the starting distance it could go the other way.

#23 Posted by AverageMan (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't Sabertooth have a adamantium skeleton now? If he does then Cap won't have a good chance of winning.

#24 Edited by Rainja (221 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm this is tricky, if this is a straight up head to head battle against Sabretooth with no adamantium,I say Cap wins 6/10 times. He will eventually bash in his head with the shield.LOL, if this is a I'm looking for you and your looking for me, Sabretooth with or without adamantium 9/10....because this wont be a fight, this is gonna be Murder....The End.....If this is a adamantium Sabretooth vs Cap......In a toe to toe fight....Sabretooth wins 7/10 ..... there is NOTHING I can see cap doing to really defeat Sabretooth. I Mean cap will be dancing around him, hitting him where it hurts for a long time with all of those pressure point attacks but with adamantium, I see Sabretooth hanging in until he finally catches a weary cap and kills him.

#25 Posted by dondave (26706 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabretooth

#26 Posted by nut34 (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap