Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Edgeworth_11

1st round with morals 
2nd no morals 

Fight takes place in in a empty Ikea store. 

Would it be stacking it too much in Kurt's favor to give him his twin swords? 

They are 50 feet apart. 

Captain America and Bucky #625
Captain America and Bucky #625
X-Force 26
X-Force 26
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Anyone? 
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Saren

Cap wins Round One, Kurt stomps Round Two.

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Stompa

Hmmm first one with morals propably goes to Cap because Kurt´s teleportation pattern is predictable as it has been stated. Round two without morals i think Kurt should win especially with his swords.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Nightcrawler 2/2. 
How is Cap going to be able to predict where Kurt's going to teleport?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cattlebattle
@CitizenBane said:
this
Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Stompa

@_slim_: Because IIRC it was Wolverine who stated that it´s predictable. and if Logan can do it so can Cap i would say. Don´t ask me how i would loose against Kurt. :-)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Stompa said:

@_slim_: Because IIRC it was Wolverine who stated that it´s predictable. and if Logan can do it so can Cap i would say. Don´t ask me how i would loose against Kurt. :-)

Is not because of Wolverine superhuman senses that Kurt's teleportation pattern is predictable to him.
Does Cap have superhuman senses or some form of precog that would be able to give him some kind of an advantage as to where Kurt will appear when he teleports?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Stompa said:

Cyclops did the same thing, I believe. He has no precognition. He's just very tactical and quick on his feet - like Cap.

Cap would win round 1. But in round 2, all it takes is one 'port for Nightcrawler to win.
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cattlebattle
@_slim_ said:

@Stompa said:

Is not because of Wolverine superhuman senses that Kurt's teleportation pattern is predictable to him. Does Cap have superhuman senses or some form of precog that would be able to give him some kind of an advantage as to where Kurt will appear when he teleports?
Many have anticipated Kurts teleportation, Sebastian Shaw has done it....Cap will do it
Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Stompa

Luckily there are a lot Viners with muuuuuuch more knowledge then me to help me look only half as stupid. :-)

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12  Edited By Saren

Rogue has done it as well, in Necrosha. 

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Billy Batson

Round 1 Cap
Round 2 Kurt
BB

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cattlebattle

Magneto did it one time.....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan said:
@Stompa said:

Cyclops did the same thing, I believe. He has no precognition. He's just very tactical and quick on his feet - like Cap.  Cap would win round 1. But in round 2, all it takes is one 'port for Nightcrawler to win.
I can see Cyclops be able to do that since he's known Kurt and trained with Kurt for years. So maybe his teleportation pattern would be predictable to him. But how often has Cap interacted with Kurt for him to do that?
Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Stompa

@_slim_ said:

@JediXMan said:
@Stompa said:

Cyclops did the same thing, I believe. He has no precognition. He's just very tactical and quick on his feet - like Cap. Cap would win round 1. But in round 2, all it takes is one 'port for Nightcrawler to win.
I can see Cyclops be able to do that since he's known Kurt and trained with Kurt for years. So maybe his teleportation pattern would be predictable to him. But how often has Cap interacted with Kurt for him to do that?

I don´t think it´s predictable because of a certain habit of Kurt but more of a strategical pattern by Kurt. He tries to use his teleportation to the best of the tactical possibilites but this way other tactical smart caracters can react to that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:
@_slim_ said:

@Stompa said:

Is not because of Wolverine superhuman senses that Kurt's teleportation pattern is predictable to him. Does Cap have superhuman senses or some form of precog that would be able to give him some kind of an advantage as to where Kurt will appear when he teleports?
Many have anticipated Kurts teleportation, Sebastian Shaw has done it....Cap will do it
Name some besides someone who isn't an X-Men or someone who doesn't have some kind of superhuman senses/precog.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@_slim_ said:
@JediXMan said:
@Stompa said:

Cyclops did the same thing, I believe. He has no precognition. He's just very tactical and quick on his feet - like Cap.  Cap would win round 1. But in round 2, all it takes is one 'port for Nightcrawler to win.
He's probably read up on all of the X-Men. He held Nick Fury's place for awhile (does he still? I haven't been following Marvel), so it's conceivable that he would keep tabs on superhumans a bit.
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cattlebattle
@_slim_ said:
@cattlebattle said:
@_slim_ said:

@Stompa said:

Name some besides someone who isn't an X-Men or someone who doesn't have some kind of superhuman senses/precog.
Shaw isn't an X-men and only fought them once before he was able to do it, and he doesn't have any precog abilities......Cap has met Nightcrawler more times than Shaw (at that point) and Shaw was able to do it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Stompa said:

@_slim_ said:

@JediXMan said:
@Stompa said:

Cyclops did the same thing, I believe. He has no precognition. He's just very tactical and quick on his feet - like Cap. Cap would win round 1. But in round 2, all it takes is one 'port for Nightcrawler to win.

I don´t think it´s predictable because of a certain habit of Kurt but more of a strategical pattern by Kurt. He tries to use his teleportation to the best of the tactical possibilites but this way other tactical smart caracters can react to that.

I just don't see Cap being able to react/predict to wherever Kurt's going to teleport whether it has to do with tactics or not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan said:
@_slim_ said:
@JediXMan said:
@Stompa said:

He's probably read up on all of the X-Men. He held Nick Fury's place for awhile (does he still? I haven't been following Marvel), so it's conceivable that he would keep tabs on superhumans a bit.
I don't know if he's still holds Nick Fury's position either. I just don't see Cap being able to react to someone who can just teleport around him and tag him probably faster the he can react to.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22  Edited By Erik

@_slim_ said:

@Stompa said:

Not senses on Wolverine's level but yes. And no precog but he does have the ability to make strategic decisions in an extremely compressed amount of time. Besides that, if morals are off, he will kill Kurt in a single hit. Round two is a toss up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Erik said:

@_slim_ said:

@Stompa said:

Not senses on Wolverine's level but yes. And no precog but he does have the ability to make strategic decisions in an extremely compressed amount of time. Besides that, if morals are off, he will kill Kurt in a single hit. Round two is a toss up.

I'm not saying Cap wouldn't be able to tag Kurt. Just if he could react fast enough to hit him couldn't Kurt just keep teleporting around him hitting Cap or disarm Cap from his shield.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:
@_slim_ said:
@cattlebattle said:
@_slim_ said:

@Stompa said:

Shaw isn't an X-men and only fought them once before he was able to do it, and he doesn't have any precog abilities......Cap has met Nightcrawler more times than Shaw (at that point) and Shaw was able to do it
Shaw deals with the X-Men all the time he's more familiar with them more than most. Even given his familiarity with them I still don't think he should have been able to react/predict to where Kurt's going to teleport either. .
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

Really? People are saying Kurt loses due to predictability?

Think of the people who have been listed off for predicting him. Wolverine, Cyclops, Rogue... all of them have been Nightcrawler's teammates for years. They've gone into battle side-by-side countless times, they've spent untold hours in the Danger Room honing their teamwork to absolute perfection. Of course those guys would be able to predict Kurt's teleportation patterns. Kurt's predictability does not come from Wolverine's superhuman senses, or his and Cyclops' tactical skill, as some have been trying to say. It comes from the fact that some of the other X-Men just know his fighting style inside-out from working with him for so long.

Cap, on the other hand, has worked side-by-side with Nightcrawler probably a dozen or so times in their careers. He knows who Nightcrawler is, what his powers are, ect. But he's not going to be able to instinctively guess Nightcrawler's 'port patterns.

That being said, I believe Cap wins the first fight (he's durable enough to tank plenty of hits from Kurt, but Kurt isn't durable enough to tank more than a couple of Cap's hits) and Nightcrawler wins round 2 (teleportation provides numerous methods for an instant kill).

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Erik

@_slim_ said:

I'm not saying Cap wouldn't be able to tag Kurt. Just if he could react fast enough to hit him couldn't Kurt just keep teleporting around him hitting Cap or disarm Cap from his shield.

That would be a waste of time for Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler absolutely has to ensure he is not hit a single time in order to survive. Likewise, Captain America has to do the same. Trying to take the shield would put Nightcrawler in a vulnerable position. He would be better off trying for an immediate kill, like Cap will be going for. One will kill in a port, one will kill with a single punch.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@CitizenBane said:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Erik said:

@_slim_ said:

That would be a waste of time for Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler absolutely has to ensure he is not hit a single time in order to survive. Likewise, Captain America has to do the same. Trying to take the shield would put Nightcrawler in a vulnerable position. He would be better off trying for an immediate kill, like Cap will be going for. One will kill in a port, one will kill with a single punch.

I see what you saying.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Round 1 I say Cap

Round 2 Kurt more than likely.

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Stompa

@(((Prodigy))) said:

Think of the people who have been listed off for predicting him. Wolverine, Cyclops, Rogue... all of them have been Nightcrawler's teammates for years. They've gone into battle side-by-side countless times, they've spent untold hours in the Danger Room honing their teamwork to absolute perfection. Of course those guys would be able to predict Kurt's teleportation patterns. Kurt's predictability does not come from Wolverine's superhuman senses, or his and Cyclops' tactical skill, as some have been trying to say. It comes from the fact that some of the other X-Men just know his fighting style inside-out from working with him for so long.

Cap, on the other hand, has worked side-by-side with Nightcrawler probably a dozen or so times in their careers. He knows who Nightcrawler is, what his powers are, ect. But he's not going to be able to instinctively guess Nightcrawler's 'port patterns.

That being said, I believe Cap wins the first fight (he's durable enough to tank plenty of hits from Kurt, but Kurt isn't durable enough to tank more than a couple of Cap's hits) and Nightcrawler wins round 2 (teleportation provides numerous methods for an instant kill).

I think it´s quite opposit. I think his pattern is predictable because he tries to use it in the most effectiv way and by doing so other tactical smart persons can see the pattern. And by doing so you don´t have to be fast enough to react after Kurt teleported because you will know where he will be going with his next jump so you can attack before the actual teleport was done.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Just curious, would Kurt be able to teleport away with the shield? Would Cap's arm go with the shield?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Erik

@Edgeworth_11 said:

Just curious, would Kurt be able to teleport away with the shield? Would Cap's arm go with the shield?

Only if he wanted it to.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

@Stompa said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

I think it´s quite opposit. I think his pattern is predictable because he tries to use it in the most effectiv way and by doing so other tactical smart persons can see the pattern. And by doing so you don´t have to be fast enough to react after Kurt teleported because you will know where he will be going with his next jump so you can attack before the actual teleport was done.

So you're saying that Kurt's idea of the 'most effective' teleportation pattern is one that anyone with an ounce of tactical sense can predict?

If that were true, Kurt would have lost half the fights he's ever been in. The entire point of teleportation in a battle is that your enemy doesn't know where you are going to be next.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

@Edgeworth_11 said:

Kurt has teleported a guy's helmet off without teleporting his head. He could 'port away with the shield without taking the arm.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#35  Edited By Deadcool

@_slim_ said:

Nightcrawler 2/2. How is Cap going to be able to predict where Kurt's going to teleport?

Using his tactical experience he is able to know where is the most advantageous position, he has done that against Spider-man...

The Cap wins... BOTH ROUNDS...

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Stompa

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@Stompa said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

So you're saying that Kurt's idea of the 'most effective' teleportation pattern is one that anyone with an ounce of tactical sense can predict?

If that were true, Kurt would have lost half the fights he's ever been in. The entire point of teleportation in a battle is that your enemy doesn't know where you are going to be next.

No i would say persons with a high degree of tactical prowess can predict it because they think the same way that Kurt does. Cap knows about Kurts acrobatic abilities and his teleportation so i think he can predict his teleports because he is a master strategist.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deadcool said:

@_slim_ said:

Nightcrawler 2/2. How is Cap going to be able to predict where Kurt's going to teleport?

Using his tactical experience he is able to know where is the most advantageous position, he has done that against Spider-man...

Spider-Man doesn't teleport. 
How does Cap win round 2 with morals off what's stopping Kurt from teleporting his head off or any other limb?
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#38  Edited By Joygirl

Even if Cap is able to figure out his teleporting strategy, he won't be able to do it instantly. It will take multiple ports before he can notice the pattern and discern the strategy. It won't take several ports for Kurt to grab him, port him twenty-thirty or so feet in the air, and drop him to his nonlethal doom. His incredible agility, training, and swords will also make Kurt tough to get close to. Nightcrawler, both rounds.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By nefarious

My spider-sense tells me this has been done before.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#40  Edited By Deadcool

@_slim_ said:

@Deadcool said:

@_slim_ said:

Spider-Man doesn't teleport. How does Cap win round 2 with morals off what's stopping Kurt from teleporting his head off or any other limb?

No he doesn`t, but he is like 15 times faster than the Cap...

EWW!!! That is sick... but you are right, I forgot that he was able to do that...

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Erik

@_slim_ said:

How does Cap win round 2 with morals off what's stopping Kurt from teleporting his head off or any other limb?

A punch. Rogers has significantly higher reaction time so it is feasible for him to counter a teleport with a physical attack.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

@Stompa said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@Stompa said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

No i would say persons with a high degree of tactical prowess can predict it because they think the same way that Kurt does. Cap knows about Kurts acrobatic abilities and his teleportation so i think he can predict his teleports because he is a master strategist.

So, even though he isn't a teleporter and has never worked with a teleporter (and, thus, doesn't know how to think like a teleporter), he will be able to predict every move a teleporter will make almost instantly, despite the fact that this particular teleporter can 'port multiple times in a single second.

Yeah. Sounds legit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Erik said:

@_slim_ said:

A punch. Rogers has significantly higher reaction time so it is feasible for him to counter a teleport with a physical attack.

Damn lol... just a punch.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Erik

@_slim_:

Considering Rogers has the strength to kill with a mere punch, I would say that is enough. But I am sure he could think of more elaborate ways if you need them.

weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By weaponmaster

Nightcrawler in both rounds.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Erik

@weaponmaster said:

Nightcrawler in both rounds.

Not really.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Edgeworth_11

I think Nightcrawler takes this. Like others said, a nice teledrop (non lethal one) or even taking away his shield would cripple Cap big time.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Erik

@Edgeworth_11 said:

I think Nightcrawler takes this. Like others said, a nice teledrop (non lethal one) or even taking away his shield would cripple Cap big time.

I wish people would at least read Captain America comics.......

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By cattlebattle

I think its been pretty well debated in Caps favor that Cap could definitely take him morals on. Morals off is a different story as Nightcrawler could go limb removing

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Erik

@cattlebattle said:

I think its been pretty well debated in Caps favor that Cap could definitely take him morals on. Morals off is a different story as Nightcrawler could go limb removing

True but so can Rogers.