Captain America vs Major Victory (Vance Astro)

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tparks
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cap's arguably the better fighter, but Vance has an edge with Psychokinetic blasts. Who would win?

Morals are on. Both are in character. Both have Cap's shield. No prep.

Win by KO, Death, BFR, Submission.

Location: A Sparring Room with hardwood floors, thick sheetmetal walls, and a sheetmetal ceiling. 20ft long x 20ft wide with 16ft ceilings.

I was surprised this hasn't been done before but I couldn't find this battle anywhere. If it has been done before, let me know and I will delete it.

GodOfMischief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Surprised this battle hasn't been done. I might give the edge to Major Victory because of his blasts. However, purely hand to hand, I might say Cap because I'm sure he has more feats.

Good battle though.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprised this battle hasn't been done. I might give the edge to Major Victory because of his blasts. However, purely hand to hand, I might say Cap because I'm sure he has more feats.

Good battle though.

Lol, first comment was a month after I made the thread, I thought this was going to be a good thread too.

I'm with you though, I'm torn who would win. I can't see either of them going much more then 5/10.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Major Victory ftw

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone have feats for Vance?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tparks

@jashro44 said:

I'll pull up some scans later. Think of a Captain America, with psychokinetic blasts. He has a lot of battle experience, but I don't think he has as much as Cap. He is able to throw the shield with the accuracy of Cap and close to the creativity Cap uses.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@jashro44 said:

I'll pull up some scans later. Think of a Captain America, with psychokinetic blasts. He has a lot of battle experience, but I don't think he has as much as Cap. He is able to throw the shield with the accuracy of Cap and close to the creativity Cap uses.

If he is basically captain america with telekinesis he probably takes this.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tparks

bump

Avatar image for oy_the_billy_bumbler
Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Experio

Vance.

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ThanoStomp

I could see Cap and MV splitting wins. As stated MV has the psychokinetic blasts that he can use offensively and defensively. But he doesn't always resort to using them. Cap is a much better fighter and MUCH better with the shield. Cap could take him out with a shield throw or strike (via riccochet possibly - something I've never seen MV do, and wouldn't expect it) before he resorts to the blasts.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#12  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

I could see Cap and MV splitting wins. As stated MV has the psychokinetic blasts that he can use offensively and defensively. But he doesn't always resort to using them. Cap is a much better fighter and MUCH better with the shield. Cap could take him out with a shield throw or strike (via riccochet possibly - something I've never seen MV do, and wouldn't expect it) before he resorts to the blasts.

exactly this.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#13 vance_astro  Moderator
@jashro44 said:

I do.

Cap taking Major Victory out with a shield is ridiculous. Also Vance doesn't often use his psychokinesis in the form of blasts. He usually uses them to guide his own shield. I don't know what makes you think Cap is much better with a shield, maybe because he has more appearances and has to use it but Vance has control over the shield that no Cap is completely incapable of. Cap is the better fighter but Major Victory is better equipped to win.

Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: I've seen him use Psychokinetic blasts when he was with the Guardians of the Galaxy in 616. I haven't read very much of 691 Guardians though.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 vance_astro  Moderator

@oy_the_billy_bumbler said:

@vance_astro: I've seen him use Psychokinetic blasts when he was with the Guardians of the Galaxy in 616. I haven't read very much of 691 Guardians though.

What did you see him do with them? Just take someone down? His blasts are pretty powerful.

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ThanoStomp

@vance_astro: I agree he's better equipped to win with his PK ability. But I've never seen MV use the shield like Cap does. Would love to see some his abilities with it as I've always liked his character. Seems like a tortured soul kinda guy...

http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/raykongs/media/Caplighter_zpse2bde135.jpg.html

http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/raykongs/media/Capshieldtacticagain_zps454dcd2a.jpg.html

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What happened to Major Victory? Can't remember if he died or what during GotG....

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@thanostomp said:

@vance_astro: I agree he's better equipped to win with his PK ability.

He's not just better equipped because of his PK but also because of his armor.

@vance_astro: I agree he's better equipped to win with his PK ability. But I've never seen MV use the shield like Cap does. Would love to see some his abilities with it as I've always liked his character. Seems like a tortured soul kinda guy...

http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/raykongs/media/Caplighter_zpse2bde135.jpg.html

Here is some scans of Vance Astro earlier on, practicing with the shield. This is before he started using his PK in conjunction with the shield. He gives alot of credit to Cap. And yes, he is a tortured soul kind of guy, he says in these scans below that having the shield helped increase his self-confidence.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: From my understanding, his power levels with PK were significantly lowered as some result of the time warp he went through to end up with the 616 Guardians. He lost the surgical control of his PK like he used to have, and it was also much weaker. It's because of his memory loss or something like that. His blasts were more like a force push from a Jedi, except it would come from his forehead instead of his hand. I can't remember the exact issue he used them in. Even without the ability to guide his shield, he still had pretty good control of it though.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 vance_astro  Moderator

@oy_the_billy_bumbler said:

@vance_astro: From my understanding, his power levels with PK were significantly lowered as some result of the time warp he went through to end up with the 616 Guardians. He lost the surgical control of his PK like he used to have, and it was also much weaker. It's because of his memory loss or something like that. His blasts were more like a force push from a Jedi, except it would come from his forehead instead of his hand. I can't remember the exact issue he used them in. Even without the ability to guide his shield, he still had pretty good control of it though.

I don't recall their being anything stated about his PK being lowered. He did suffer from amnesia, but I don't know if his power level decreased. Granted I may need to read GotG Vol.2 again because I don't recall much from it.

Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: I need to go back and re-read it too, because my memory could be fuzzy on this. I don't remember if it was ever stated, but he never really used PK the entire time he was with the 616 Guardians other then to survive being killed by Magus with the other telepaths on the team.

Avatar image for captainamerica1986
CaptainAmerica1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Major Victory wins this one.

Avatar image for captainamerica1986
CaptainAmerica1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: If it were a hand to hand fight Cap would take it.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DarthManhunter

Vance in a good brutal battle. 7-8/10 he was awesome in 691 gotg