those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By those_eyes

Battle of Will Power

Let's just say Lucifer (morni ng star) was made a deal that if he could make the most noble and faithful human on the planet to do various things that he would get to have michaels powers added to his own.

No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

Round 1

Could Lucifer tempt captain into killing a random man on the street?

Round 2

Could Lucifer tempt captain America into killing the avengers? (Lucifer will give him the power to do so)

Round 3

Could Lucifer tempt captain America into killing an innocent little girl?

Rules

Lucifer cannot physically force, mentally trick (cast illusions and mind control), or alter caps vision to do these things. Lucifer cant mind control anyone to make cap have to kill them.

The goal is to get steve to go against his code. To reveal that steve is not pure like jesus and that he is like every other man on earth deep down. To show that captain America is not special and entirely capable of resisting temptation.

Its said that no man is free from the holds of Lucifer. His will is too strong, but Is Steve Rogers the one man who cannot be tempted?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rogueshadow  Moderator

Cap wins all rounds.

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AMERICA

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Cap. Slaughterhouse.

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Short of physical force or actual mental control I do not see the Captain giving in here.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samael

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@profz said:

Short of physical force or actual mental control I do not see the Captain giving in here.

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Baron_von_Santa

lucifer stomps. this is not even funny. if he can make an assassin turn against her masters and die for him, then this is a walk in the park.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baron_von_santa: I would never say Captain America is my favorite character. ;)

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is far from my favorite character lol. He has an indomitable will that will not allow him to give into Lucifer's deceit. It would never be allowed to happen in comics, ever.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@erik: @eternityx: @profz: @beaconofstrength: @experio: do any of you actually have a reason except that cap is your top 10 favorite characters?

Cap is like a mountain in his morals. Never once have I seen him do anything morally questionable. He's made bad calls before but none with any moral ambiguity, except for times when he was not fully in control of himself. Lucifer would probably have an easier time tempting Jesus Christ.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: @experio: @profz: @eternityx: this is not any ordinary swindler, this is lucifer, the first manipulator. captain A has will, yes, but lucifer IS will. lucifer has manipulated gods and demons alike, he has turned brother against brother, servant against master. I really do not see captain even trying to resist. manipulation, is a much different matter than persuading.

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't lucifer like satan? I think of him as an infinity gem, the Temptation gem. No resistance, it is the all powerful persuasion...

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rogueshadow  Moderator

@erik: @experio: @profz: @eternityx: this is not any ordinary swindler, this is lucifer, the first manipulator. captain A has will, yes, but lucifer IS will. lucifer has manipulated gods and demons alike, he has turned brother against brother, servant against master. I really do not see captain even trying to resist. manipulation, is a much different matter than persuading.

This is a battle of Willpower, could he trick Cap into doing something? Probably.

But the idea is that he is tempting him, it has to be that Lucifer is capable of convincing Cap to do it of his own volition, essentially corrupting him. And there is not a chance that Cap will do any of the things in those 3 rounds, no matter what's dangled in front of him, no matter what Lucifer says to him. Cap is not doing those things unless he's in as situation where it was the moral thing to do or his perceptions are altered, e.g. He sees the little girl as the Red Skull,

To me that wouldn't count and I don't think it is the purpose of this thread, I'm picturing the temptations of Christ but with Cap, and in that scenario x 100,000 Cap would still prevail.

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see the the Demon's he manipulated as having the sort of will power Cap does.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's America Harold!

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternityx: the demon was sent to kill him. how often do you see a guy turning his assassin into someone who would die for him, twice?

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Samael is Nigh-Omnipotent lol cap gets raped

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I might be wrong, but when you say trick do you mean lucifer will lie? lucifer has never lied in his more than 20 billion years of existence, ever. how do willpower battle? by seeing who has more? if that is the case, then this is a mismatch. but because it is not, I will assume lucifer will use his usual manipulations.

and as I have said, lucifer has manipulated beings far smarter, far more powerful, and all around far better than cap. the only time he ever lost, was when he bet against destiny.

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I might be wrong, but when you say trick do you mean lucifer will lie? lucifer has never lied in his more than 20 billion years of existence, ever. how do willpower battle? by seeing who has more? if that is the case, then this is a mismatch. but because it is not, I will assume lucifer will use his usual manipulations.

and as I have said, lucifer has manipulated beings far smarter, far more powerful, and all around far better than cap. the only time he ever lost, was when he bet against destiny.

10 Billion years.......not 20

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By eternityx

@eternityx: the demon was sent to kill him. how often do you see a guy turning his assassin into someone who would die for him, twice?

Do you have scans? I want to see where it said that Lucifer persuaded him, and didn't use any other potential power.

Plus there is a massive difference between some Demon switching allegiances, and Cap doing something against every moral code he has.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternityx: merely switching alliances? that is some good downplaying. if the demon was not sent to kill him, then you are right.

and lucifer at that time was powerless. he was trying to get his wings back.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rogueshadow  Moderator

Whatever, he's not making Cap do something he knows to be wrong. Being smarter and more powerful is irrelevant. If you read my post you'll see that I then went on to delineate what I thought thoseeyes meant by willpower in the context of this battle.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dextersinister

The OP needs more stipulations, time limit, Lucifer can't do the lesser of 2 evils such as killing 2 little girls if Cap doesn't kill one, etc.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If the point is to trick him without forcing him then.

Round 1

Could Lucifer tempt captain into killing a random man on the street?

Yes, I believe Cap has already accidentally killed an innocent person.

Round 2

Could Lucifer tempt captain America into killing the avengers? (Lucifer will give him the power to do so)

No.

Round 3

Could Lucifer tempt captain America into killing an innocent little girl?

No.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beyondergod: no. when lucifer abdicated hell, THAT was the first 10 billion. his exact words:

'easy. ten billion years I've spent in this place, that's a long time. and we've all changed since the beginning'

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Baron_von_Santa

@rogueshadow: I think there is something behind the smarter, more powerful bit.

if you have read my post, I think I have already addressed that issue.

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternityx: merely switching alliances? that is some good downplaying. if the demon was not sent to kill him, then you are right.

and lucifer at that time was powerless. he was trying to get his wings back.

It is just switching allegiances.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Lucifer wins round 1 that's it

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternityx: it sure was not. if you have even bothered to read my lowly post, you can see it was much more than that.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucifer all three rounds.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Baron_von_Santa

@godzilla44:

round 2.

power corrupts. just the fact that giving him power to do that is a small temptation. he can manipulate cap to think it is for the greater good of America. he can make sacrifices, his friends can too.

this is a way, but because it is my way, it will not work as well as lucifers. if I can think of one, he can do the whole thing.

have to go, will reply and finish later. maybe an hour and a half later.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America sweeps. Lucifer could doubtlessly manipulate him into certain scenarios that Captain America would find abominable or result in the loss of life, but trying to plainly tempt him into taking a life? No.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in real life?

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap all three rounds

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: I can not think of any, even in comics.

A local king around here did... One of my favorite tales as a kid. :)

(sorry, loved history from way back)

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is a battle of wills, then this is really a simple matter. One person has the will of a human. The other has the supernatural will of God himself. Who do you think would really take this?

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baron_von_santa: How is making a paid murderer side with you the same as breaking a strong willed good person the same.

No matter how smart or persuasive Lucifer is even I would never ever agree to kill an innocent. Goes against everything I believe.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske: again, if you read my post, I think it says more than merely 'side' with him.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Baron_von_Santa
those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:

If this is a battle of wills, then this is really a simple matter. One person has the will of a human. The other has the supernatural will of God himself. Who do you think would really take this?

Alot of people are saying cap. Its not exactly that simple, its a battle of cap being tempted just like every other man on earth is said to be. Any ounce of doubt, bad thought, and sin is what Lucifer grabs hold on as he speaks in your ear and makes you do what youve sworn never to do. Lucifer is said to be able to manipulate anyone except god/destiny. Thats the whole thing with corrupting humans. Ofcourse he could physically force, mental control, or visually make someone do something bad but its that lucifer makes the point that humans corrupt themselves because they all sin and are inherently evil, inpure, or whatever you wanna call it. If cap is 100% pure and noble truly, then he can resist lucifer.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I see Cap taking this one for the win.

Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Baron_von_Santa

@those_eyes: if. pretty big if.

many people post first, then think.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mtuske

@baron_von_santa: He manipulated a demon assasin. Not really someone of good character or willpower.