Captain America vs Green Arrow

• 180 results
r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@r2datu: Agreed but i think Oliver's trick arrows could do some damage before Cap slice his head off, GA is a really fast drawer, especially id he goes all out.

Agreed, not to mention the use of sonic arrows which should do some damage even if Cap dodges.

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

@r2datu: yeah i've always found that a bit weird, he the next stage of human evolution, but so are the x-men, so he's just about as much x-man as deadpool

Essentially, yes. In fact, the Weapon Plus program which spawned Wolverine, Deadpool, Fantomex and many others was birthed as an attempt to replicate Captain America.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r2datu said:

Also, to be fair, Cap hasn't been really considered "peak human" in the traditional sense for a few decades now. He's not really peak human in the sense that he's the best of what humans can currently achieve in all physical stats, he's peak human in the sense that he is what humans could eventually evolve to. He's often considered an "enhanced" human. He has several attributes which could be considered "super powers". For example, his resistance to poison, his immunity to radiation and his ability to slow down his perception of time, his ability to sprint at 60mph.

To be fair, that's a very hotly debated issue. Many folks feel as you do. Many other folks feel he is peak, and the few feats used to argue him being 'enhanced' are PIS.

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo: I disagree that it's just a few feats, there are plenty of them like in every other issue Cap appears in. Seriously it's pretty hard to read a cap story where he isn't doing some enhanced feat

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lensnart: How are you defining enhanced? Batman does things most issues which would be considered enhanced feats, yet they are not considered as such.

Most issues have Cap doing stuff comparable to what Batman does, rather than what Deathstroke does.

That's the whole basis of my argument...there is no pattern of consistency for the feats that people use to argue that he is on Deathstroke's level, such as throwing his shield through a truck.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's really no way for Steve to lose this honestly.

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo said:

@lensnart: How are you defining enhanced? Batman does things most issues which would be considered enhanced feats, yet they are not considered as such.

Most issues have Cap doing stuff comparable to what Batman does, rather than what Deathstroke does.

That's the whole basis of my argument...there is no pattern of consistency for the feats that people use to argue that he is on Deathstroke's level, such as throwing his shield through a truck.

Ur right it is a hotly debated issue but I would argue that the incredible feats we see Cap doing in his stories are more consistent with the character, whereas Batman performs fantastic feats less frequently; and a lot of the feats people use to say Batman is on Cap's physical level are seriously high showings which haven't been repeated many times, while Cap's are more consistent(disregarding the PIS ones of course). Of course we'll never know unless Marvel flat out states he's enhanced but that's my opinion on the matter

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By MuyJingo

@lensnart said:

Ur right it is a hotly debated issue but I would argue that the incredible feats we see Cap doing in his stories are more consistent with the character, whereas Batman performs fantastic feats less frequently; and a lot of the feats people use to say Batman is on Cap's physical level are seriously high showings which haven't been repeated many times, while Cap's are more consistent(disregarding the PIS ones of course). Of course we'll never know unless Marvel flat out states he's enhanced but that's my opinion on the matter

Well, that's where I disagree I guess. I wasted spent a lot of time in the cap forums asking for this, asking for the scans that show Cap to be enhanced rather than peak. Most scans I was able to match with a Batman feat (that followed a pattern of consistency. Both characters have PIS feats, but it seems Cap's PIS or highend feats are used to define the character. Take a random Cap comic and the feats will probably match a Batman comic more than a Deathstroke comic.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap completly wrecks GA and Bats. DS should be a good match.

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo said:

@lensnart said:

Well, that's where I disagree I guess. I wasted spent a lot of time in the cap forums asking for this, asking for the scans that show Cap to be enhanced rather than peak. Most scans I was able to match with a Batman feat (that followed a pattern of consistency. Both characters have PIS feats, but it seems Cap's PIS or highend feats are used to define the character. Take a random Cap comic and the feats will probably match a Batman comic more than a Deathstroke comic.

U have a good point, but I still think Cap performs these feats with more consistency than Bats does, and that the bat-feats (<- Ha, I made a new Batmanism) used to match Caps are usually one off PIS/ High end feats, whereas the Cap feats they're matching are more often than not standard average fare feats for Steve.

But this is a Cap vs GA thread and I'm gettin' a lil off topic here so let's agree to disagree.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lensnart said:

@muyjingo said:

@lensnart said:

U have a good point, but I still think Cap performs these feats with more consistency than Bats does, and that the bat-feats (<- Ha, I made a new Batmanism) used to match Caps are usually one off PIS/ High end feats, whereas the Cap feats they're matching are more often than not standard average fare feats for Steve.

But this is a Cap vs GA thread and I'm gettin' a lil off topic here so let's agree to disagree.

We can continue via PM if you want.

I repeatedly asked for feats showing cap to be enhanced in the cap forums, and everything I was given was either PIS (only about 10 feats at most), the rest were stuff Batman does everyday, with a strong pattern of consistency. It seems to be a commonly held belief that Cap is at Deathstroke's level, with little to support it.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@muyjingo:

It seems to be a commonly held belief that Cap is at Deathstroke's level, with little to support it.

Bring Deathstroke's consistent feats of strength and speed that are superior to Captain America's.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By MuyJingo

@muyjingo:

It seems to be a commonly held belief that Cap is at Deathstroke's level, with little to support it.

Bring Deathstroke's consistent feats of strength and speed that are superior to Captain America's.

OK, I'll show some. I don't think Cap matches any of this stuff with any kind of consistency.

Speed

Strength / Durability

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@muyjingo: I can't view any of your scans, and the ones for speed are easily matched by Steve. He's dodged machine gun fire on multiple occasions and he's thrown his shield fast enough to overtake ICBM missiles during mid flight.

The strength/durability showings are better than Steve's, but I wanted you to demonstrate which of Pre 52 Slade's feats were better.

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Heh, cap would own.

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

America FTW! Screw you communism!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap humiliates him.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By MuyJingo

@muyjingo: I can't view any of your scans, and the ones for speed are easily matched by Steve. He's dodged machine gun fire on multiple occasions and he's thrown his shield fast enough to overtake ICBM missiles during mid flight.

The strength/durability showings are better than Steve's, but I wanted you to demonstrate which of Pre 52 Slade's feats were better.

So you agree strength/durability showings are better. I can easily prove the healing factor is better as well if you like.

Steve has outran machine gun fire, but when has he done anything like killing a fly with a paperclip? Has he been faster than beings as fast as a Thangarian? Can he outrun motorcycles? It would seem that at a minimum, they are matched for speed. But if his strength, durability and healing are greater than Steve's, doesn't' that make him greater than Steve?

I'm not as familiar with Pre52 Deathstroke, so will leave that to someone else.

Avatar image for clownprinceofcrime1995
clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GA easily. Trick arrows for a distance win. If cap throws his shield he's dead as he can't dodge all of ollies arrows and ollie is a bullet timer. H2H he trained with the top martial arts trainer in DC and everyone seems to forget his sword which would be a massive advantage.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap wins with easy

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notatreeabush:

How? Hes not better in martial arts, doesn't have an effective long range attack and doesn't have better close or far ranged weapons. Has a better defence but trick arrows can still KO him.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notatreeabush:

Trained by the same guy who trained deathstroke and has a sword. In the time Steve closes the distance Ollie has also fired 10 arrows.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a close fight no doubt, since Cap is hella strong; but I'm gonna go with Ollie 6/10 times. Cap loses a lot of his versatility by being unable to throw his shield in this fight, because if he were to throw his shield GA would probably put him down pretty quickly. (Unless the shield were to actually hit Ollie, which would be a different story.) So IMO, Ollie wins this due to still maintaining his normal advantages while at least slightly crippling Cap's.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ollie.

Avatar image for black_of_shadow
Black_Of_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Steve if this is Ollie.. GA if its Connor Hawke

DarthSamburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

GA due to distance and prep.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notatreeabush:

he can't protect his legs while running at full pelt while a shield blocking his sight.

ui876will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrows wouldn't make a single scratch on Cpt America...Steve stomps him!

clark009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By clark009

has to be CA

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Oliver can actually win this.

Basemanjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green arrow wins

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought Cap needed two broken legs, 3 broken arms, and skull fracture, missing vertebrae, and a thumb tack in his ass for Ollie to stalemate him...

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 anthp2000  Moderator

Cap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like defending Ollie in a CaV of this.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55 said:

I feel like defending Ollie in a CaV of this.

CW Ollie and DCEU Deadshot vs. MCU Cap and MCU Scarlet Witch (no TP) (in a stealth environment)!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55: Yeah, make's sense (wasn't going to debate you anyway, lol).

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#146  Edited By KrleAvenger

Cap 8-9/10

Debelindzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Debelindzo

@krleavenger: Are you sure mate? I find myself often agreeing with you, but not in this case. Ollie has a big chance of winning this especially considering that he has a distance advantage. Add no morals to that, and Ollie has a big shot in winning. Considering his equipment he has more than enough firepower to take down Steve:

Quantum Arrow
Quantum Arrow
Cryo Arrow
Cryo Arrow

I'll put more trick arrows if necessary, but this proves that Ollie has a good chance of winning.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@debelindzo: He has a chance of winning but Iron-man also has a chance of beating Thor. Blitz him and cut his head of with Repulsor Blade. Not saying Oliver get's stomped tho. Still if he uses Quantum Arrow won't that explosion kill him too?

Debelindzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Not if he's on a safe distance. He does have some more trick arrows(from Post Crisis) that are meant to immobilize, unlike his New 52 gear which is more based on explosives.Here's a few of them:

Corossive Rubber Arrow
Corossive Rubber Arrow
Super Conductive Goo Arrow
Super Conductive Goo Arrow
Flashbang Arrow
Flashbang Arrow
Debelindzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Also by the way, my work here is pretty limited considering i just reinstalled my system and i have yet to download my Green Arrow collection. I know that the goo arrow was also used to take down Brick, by shooting him in his mouth.