Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By tg1982

@vuviper said:

@tg1982 said:

@VictorGrey: Structural weaknesses I would say yes, minerals I'm not so sure, maybe someone else could field that one.

He knows the difference from white marble and construction marble?

I never said that, I said structural weaknesses, I was talking about his military training, while during WW2 he was also trained in demolitions in which they would have an understanding of structures and weaknesses, not on an engineering level but on a level sufficient enough to blow stuff up. Although he was an art major in college so he might at the vaery least be able to recognize white marble, since it's used for sculptures. (only kidding about that last part)

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#52  Edited By vuviper

@tg1982 said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

8 days without food and water,no weapons. The place is sealed,the only way to escape is exploding the place.

It's possible, maybe even probable, that Cap would fare better without food and water, since he has peak human physiology.

Batman only escaped thanks to his detective skills and Gotham geography,water,minerals and his knowledge of explosives (which he did not have).

He use a Potassium Chlorate and the Talon's knives and risk to explode.

We need to get a few more details on where Cap is, since we are just assuming he is in Gotham, the OP never states where he is, as far as the explosives it is entirely possible that Cap would to the same thing since Potassium Chlorate was being used as military grade explosives since as early as WW1 it is more than likely given Cap's training he would know about this.

Batman has proven himself in starved/sleep deprived/drugged/tortured conditions more than Cap has I would guess. That it's nice that Cap doesn't feel drugged in this

It's the same scenario so it has to be in Gotham and he would have to know to find potassium chlorate (chemicals aren't capitalized, I need to break the habit and you're not helping, haha) in the camera. And I don't know if that was common knowledge to soldiers in WWI but it's not like I would know

@tg1982 said:

@vuviper said:

@tg1982 said:

@VictorGrey: Structural weaknesses I would say yes, minerals I'm not so sure, maybe someone else could field that one.

He knows the difference from white marble and construction marble?

I never said that, I said structural weaknesses, I was talking about his military training, while during WW2 he was also trained in demolitions in which they would have an understanding of structures and weaknesses, not on an engineering level but on a level sufficient enough to blow stuff up. Although he was an art major in college so he might at the vaery least be able to recognize white marble, since it's used for sculptures. (only kidding about that last part)

The Structural weakness stemmed from white marble being softer than construction marble. So he'd have to be able to tell the difference and be able to realize it's significance. I don't know what being trained in demolitions would do, but at least it may answer my question above

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By tg1982

@vuviper said:

It's the same scenario so it has to be in Gotham and he would have to know to find potassium chlorate (chemicals aren't capitalized, I need to break the habit and you're not helping, haha) in the camera. And I don't know if that was common knowledge to soldiers in WWI but it's not like I would know

If it is in Gotham then no Cap obviously would have knowledge of Gotham (seeing as it's a different universe) Then I would concede.

Given what Cap was trained for it's more than likely he would know this, though I'm not certain of it.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Shawnbaby

There seems to be some kind of theory that Cap has to escape the same way Bruce did or he fails...Cap might figure out a different way out.

@vuviper said:

Batman has proven himself in starved/sleep deprived/drugged/tortured conditions more than Cap has I would guess. That it's nice that Cap doesn't feel drugged in this

One word pops into my mind immediately when someone mentions Sleep Deprived and Batman in the same sentence; that word is "Bane". He didn't prove himself in that occasion.
tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By tg1982

@Shawnbaby said:

There seems to be some kind of theory that Cap has to escape the same way Bruce did or he fails...Cap might figure out a different way out.

I was thinking this too, but do not know enough about the situation to actually comment on.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By vuviper

@Shawnbaby said:

@vuviper said:

One word pops into my mind immediately when someone mentions Sleep Deprived and Batman in the same sentence; that word is "Bane". He didn't prove himself in that occasion.

Sleep deprived and having faced and successfully imprisoned every opponent in Arkham Asylum. Then ambushed in his own home by a genius/natural martial artist/venom enhanced man....

@Shawnbaby said:

@vuviper said:

Well it's the only way we know of to get out. Maybe he could break the marble and then dig out, but he'd still have to know where the exit was in the first place. The situation is just rigged.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By daak1212

@The_Soverighn said:

But Guys Remember The Only Reason Bruce Was Able To Escape Was Because of His Knowledge OF Science And Great Detective Skills But Can Cap Figure How To Escape.

No Bruce survived of a stupid plot device and SHOULD HAVE DIED No can tell me that Bruce should have won and expect to believe it. Bruce was stabbed in the kidney and was already worn out from the week in the maze before getting beat up by Talon and you expect me to believe that Bruce survived all of that and let alone won the ordeal? FOH!!

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By vuviper

@daak1212 said:

@The_Soverighn said:

But Guys Remember The Only Reason Bruce Was Able To Escape Was Because of His Knowledge OF Science And Great Detective Skills But Can Cap Figure How To Escape.

No Bruce survived of a stupid plot device and SHOULD HAVE DIED No can tell me that Bruce should have won and expect to believe it. Bruce was stabbed in the kidney and was already worn out from the week in the maze before getting beat up by Talon and you expect me to believe that Bruce survived all of that and let alone won the ordeal? FOH!!

I feel like he does stuff like that a lot...

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By daak1212

@vuviper said:

@daak1212 said:

@The_Soverighn said:

Not as of new 52

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By vuviper

@daak1212 said:

@vuviper said:

@daak1212 said:

@The_Soverighn said:

Not as of new 52

Well looking at new 52 as a seperate incarnation, he doesn't have enough showings to say whether he can or can not pull of that kind of feat. I kind of lean towards can since he was also able to take multiple knives in crucial spots get kicked out of a skyskraper and still manage to defeat the Talon mid air and walked away from that fight.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By daak1212

@vuviper said:

@daak1212 said:

@vuviper said:

@daak1212 said:

@The_Soverighn said:

Not as of new 52

Well looking at new 52 as a seperate incarnation, he doesn't have enough showings to say whether he can or can not pull of that kind of feat. I kind of lean towards can since he was also able to take multiple knives in crucial spots get kicked out of a skyskraper and still manage to defeat the Talon mid air and walked away from that fight.

When was this? If it was Batman 8-9 damn you cause I aint read them. Still the Maze fight was retarded, Scott Snyder made it a point to show he was on his last legs physically I mean did you read the issue? (No disrespect intended it that) you had to turn the book in order to read correctly and Batman thought he was turning into an owl and then got stabbed in the kidney. Not only that but then a fight ensued where he lost the first half but then he regained his bat strength and won. WTF!?!?! Scott Snyder is great and all but get that shit outta my face, I get that it was supposed to be a metaphorical fight in which it shows the Owls winning the first half of the war and that little scene was supposed to be the metaphorical turning point in which Batman begins to win but as a feat for Batman. No I claim not legitimate just like Cassandra Cain dodging the sniper round which I can explain if you want but I will go on another rant.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By Static Shock

@daak1212 said:

Scott Snyder is great and all but get that shit outta my face

Watch the language, please.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By daak1212

@Static Shock said:

@daak1212 said:

Lol, I like how the one line is only quoted.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By tg1982

@Static Shocksaid:

@daak1212 said:

you've been busy tonight. lol

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By daak1212

@tg1982 said:

@Static Shocksaid:

@daak1212 said:

Many acursers I take it?

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By vuviper

@daak1212 said:

haha it's the only part relevant. It also takes less space the bolding the relevant part while quoting the whole thing.

And I have read that story, the only Batman I've yet to read in new 52 is Batman and Robin. I don't think it's uncommon for heroes to seemingly reach their limit and then go beyond it. Batman pulls this off more than most I think.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Shawnbaby
@daak1212 said:

@Static Shock said:

@daak1212 said:

It's the only line that was relevant to his response.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By daak1212

@vuviper said:

@daak1212 said:

haha it's the only part relevant. It also takes less space the bolding the relevant part while quoting the whole thing.

And I have read that story, the only Batman I've yet to read in new 52 is Batman and Robin. I don't think it's uncommon for heroes to seemingly reach their limit and then go beyond it. Batman pulls this off more than most I think.

I just found it so...cheap for a writer such as Snyder.

Oh yeah I know it was the only part relevant I just found the sentence funny when by itself

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69  Edited By Static Shock

@daak1212 said:

Yeah.... I thought that was funny, too....

@tg1982 said:

That's what happens when people have no regard for the rules.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70  Edited By jayskee

@matchesmalone21:

Because Cap is at the very peak of mental and physically potential. He is also the best strategist in the marvel u and he has been able to get out of tougher place then the court's maze

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jayskee: The Super soldier serum does'nt make change in his psych,does not make you immune to mental attacks or anything like that, his memory improved short and long term, in addition to increasing their capacity of reasoning.and Batman is one of the best in the DC universe and, even so had some difficulty leaving, regardless of made ​​of Captain America, he would have difficulty to leaving. He has no detective skills

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

The issue with pitting Batman's villians against other heroes is that most of them deal with breaking down the mind first, and then the body. Cap may be physically stronger than Bats but not mentally as strong. Cap would do well in the maze up until the insomina and other things kicked in, and he would break down. And yes, he could definetely take a Talon on.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By vuviper

@jayskee said:

@matchesmalone21:

Because Cap is at the very peak of mental and physically potential. He is also the best strategist in the marvel u and he has been able to get out of tougher place then the court's maze

That could potentially be relevant. What kind of situations?

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#74  Edited By KRYPTON

If Batman survived, Cap will SURVIVE. Plus, Cap's got super soldier formula in him, so he'll win, He's Cap-America.

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Nightcrawler23

@The_Soverighn: How many talons are after him?

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By vuviper

@KRYPTON said:

If Batman survived, Cap will SURVIVE. Plus, Cap's got super soldier formula in him, so he'll win, He's Cap-America.

Well it's a matter of whether or not he could figure out how to escape

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#77  Edited By TDK_1997

Not sure if can Cap actually can pull it off but I'll give him a chance.

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#78  Edited By KRYPTON

@vuviper: Captain America could escape, I mean he might not be as smart as Batman, but he'd find a way to get out.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Bo88gdan

Captain America do this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bo88gdan: Yeah you said he can,just say he can not prove anything,so tell me how he can escape?

@KRYPTON :The question is not his physical ability, or the capabilities of the super soldier serum, is if he can escape or can't escape of the place WITHOUT tools,because there is nothing that can be used.And like any human being, he has weaknesses,everything that Batman now can affects him.Batman and Captain America are distinct characters, nothing comparable .. is not that Batman survived and found the exit,not to say that he had managed the same way. Batman has detective skills, Captain America doesn't.

And to put an end, Captain America has no better psyche, but many forget he was already handling / lobotomized by Dr. Faustus (a villain without powers) to work for him and did not resist the manipulation.Serumincreasedtheirphysicalabilitiesat levelswell above thehuman,the onlyeffect it has onyour psycheisincreasing itsshort and longmemoryand an increasein the process ofreasoning,itdoes notbecomeimmune tomind controlor othertypes of manipulation

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#81  Edited By The_Soverighn

@Nightcrawler23:just the one talon just like in the maze

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By jayskee

@vuviper:

such as fighting a army of super villians and surviving in the savage land

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By jayskee

@matchesmalone21:

it doesn't make you immune to mental attacks( although cap already is) but the serum does make you the peak of physical and mental being.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He doesn't is immune to tepathic powers,where you read that?? Because is totally wrong. Doctor Faustus and Red Skull,already controlled his mind,Cap never stand a Purple Man's mental attack or Professor X,Jean Grey....

peak of mental conditions doesn't make him more smarter than Bruce

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By vuviper

@jayskee said:

@vuviper:

such as fighting a army of super villians and surviving in the savage land

That doesn't sound remotely similar to the situation he's in now...

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By jayskee

@vuviper:

how? since surviving in the savage land is alot harder then the court of owls maze

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By vuviper

@jayskee said:

@vuviper:

how? since surviving in the savage land is alot harder then the court of owls maze

Just because it's harder doesn't mean it's relevant. An exam on quantum mechanics is a lot harder than a 5th grade geography exam, but guess which ones I'd pass? It has to do with which skills set you happen to have. In terms of specifics, we've seen that he doesn't have the precise knowledge that Batman utilized to escape, but if he's at least gotten out of similar situations it would help.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee: we are discussing knowledge to escape from captivity, not only of survival .. by chance in the Savage Land, he was arrested? With nowhere to escape? not

TheTerrificOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap's got this