cap

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#752  Edited By Equonox

Yea, but Batman isn't that pathetic/dumb.

Batman wins.  Batman is clearly peak human as well - master strategist, knows every combat style (master level), technological genius, etc.  Cap, while excelling in H2H combat (SS serum obviously accounts for something), he has nowhere near the intellect Batman does.  At best, he is a marginally better fighter, but EVERYTHING else Batman has available to him gives him a clear edge. Heat seeking, exploding battarangs anyone?

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#753  Edited By tensor

batman would win come on a shield against a guy who is highly train in many weapon form bat would take him if push come to shove there is enough in that belt of his to take cap down for victory

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#754  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@tensor

batman would win come on a shield against a guy who is highly train in many weapon form bat would take him if push come to shove there is enough in that belt of his to take cap down for victory

You're making it sound like his shield is a useless object, you should know better than that.

@Equonox
said:

" Yea, but Batman isn't that pathetic/dumb.Batman wins.  Batman is clearly peak human as well - master strategist, knows every combat style (master level), technological genius, etc.  Cap, while excelling in H2H combat (SS serum obviously accounts for something), he has nowhere near the intellect Batman does.  At best, he is a marginally better fighter, but EVERYTHING else Batman has available to him gives him a clear edge. Heat seeking, exploding battarangs anyone? "

I don't know who was saying Bats was dumb i really don't feel like going back 37 pages to find out. Does bats know every combat style? To my knowledge he knows about 127 and is proficient in them.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#755  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Since the time of the thread was made  almost 4 years ago, i still think Cap can pull a slight majority, however current Bruce would win.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#756  Edited By entropy_aegis
@god_spawn:
He knows every style.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#757  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@entropy_aegis said:
" @god_spawn: He knows every style. "
Seriously? I knew he knew alot like the 127 or around there. I stand corrected then.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#758  Edited By entropy_aegis
@god_spawn:
I'll try to find some scans and post them after a while.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#759  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@entropy_aegis said:
" @god_spawn: I'll try to find some scans and post them after a while. "
Sounds good and take your time, im gonna go to bed, peace bro.
Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#760  Edited By Equonox
@god_spawn:

That was my fault - I actually was calling Cap dumb for allowing himself to be put on trial and be exposed. Batman is obviously much smarter. I should have been more explicit on who i was responding to...this thread is huge
GenPatton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#761  Edited By GenPatton

IDK.... good fight. It's kinda 50/50. I favor Batman but Cap is the strongest human

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#762  Edited By Fetts

I believe Batman has won.

No Caption Provided

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#763  Edited By cascadeking09
@Fetts:  Looks fake
noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#764  Edited By noj

This is ridiculous, Batman would obviously win. It would be close but Batman is smarter, better trained, and better prepared. I hate all these comments saying that Cap would absolutely destroy Batman physically. Cap is NOT superhuman, he is in peak HUMAN condition, just like Batman. Of course Cap is probably a little bit stronger but still Batman is right up there. In the end it comes down to whos fighting style is better and Batman wins in that regard.

Heck even if Batman is losing badly physically its not like he will just stick around. He would use a smoke pellet, get away, and take Cap down with stealth.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#765  Edited By The_Ghostshell
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#766  Edited By cascadeking09
@Gambler:  knew it.

@noj said:
" This is ridiculous, Batman would obviously win. It would be close but Batman is smarter, better trained, and better prepared. I hate all these comments saying that Cap would absolutely destroy Batman physically. Cap is NOT superhuman, he is in peak HUMAN condition, just like Batman. Of course Cap is probably a little bit stronger but still Batman is right up there. In the end it comes down to whos fighting style is better and Batman wins in that regard. Heck even if Batman is losing badly physically its not like he will just stick around. He would use a smoke pellet, get away, and take Cap down with stealth. "
Not too sure what Batman could do to him or how he would get through that sheild of Cap's.
Sgtcrispy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#767  Edited By Sgtcrispy

Does Batman have his gadgets? If so I'll give the edge to him unless Cap's serum protects him from tear gas. If It's straight H2H I think Cap wins for sure.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#768  Edited By noj
@cascadeking09: Its not like Captain America is invincible with his shield, attacks get through all the time.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#769  Edited By cascadeking09
@noj:  I know that, but what type of attack would Batman throw that couldn't be blocked with the shield? And how would Bruce dodge it if it's thrown?
sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#770  Edited By sa5m
@Thought said:
"

Captain America.

"
noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#771  Edited By noj
@cascadeking09:  First of all it really wouldn't be too hard for Batman to dodge the shield if thrown. We are talking about a guy who dodges bullets on a regular basis. As for what kind of attack could take down Captain America, well as soon as Cap throws his shield Batman could throw an explosive, and or electric batarang at Cap after he dodges the shield maybe catching him off guard. Thats just one of many possibilities.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#772  Edited By cascadeking09
@noj:  Isn't Cap able to throw is sheild at far greater speeds? I know all about Batman being able to dodge bullets and all that. I'm not saying he would throw the shield right away or that there's no possible way to hit him if he holds on to it, but what is Bruce going to do to break through?
noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#773  Edited By noj
@cascadeking09: Theres no way Cap can throw his heavy shield faster than a bullet. Hes not superhuman after all. As for breaking through Caps defenses Bruce could use his extensive repertoire of martial arts to find some way to break through his defenses. Im sure that there is some form of martial arts out there that actually specializes in breaking through defenses. He would find a way, maybe he could even plant plastic explosives to the shield and when they explode and push him back he takes advantage of the small break in his defense that would naturally open.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#774  Edited By cascadeking09
@noj: I remember reading it somewhere, but I'll take your word for it.
noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#775  Edited By noj
@cascadeking09: Honestly I dont have any source saying that Cap cant throw his shield faster than a bullet, its just logic. Think about how much force is required to send a bullet which only weighs a few ounces, fly at the speeds it does. Caps shield weighs over 12 pounds bare minimum. No human is that strong.
TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#776  Edited By TheThe

Batman .Captain America cant do nothing against Batman's gadgets.Even in H2H,they are close.

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#777  Edited By GTG12

I would say cap but it would be super close.
Avatar image for blacklightning13
Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Forever:
 this is one of the things people often forget about Caps shield it is not just invincible like adamantium but it is EMP proof, sonic proof electricity proof, vibration absorbing (which means far less knockback when hit with rockets and bullets) sound absorbing (only stuff that makes contact it does not take sound out of the air) and various other things. Also with gas attacks cap is skilled enough that he may take bats gas mask and another thing is he is peak human and humans have been known to hold there breath for a very long time.
Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Valkaad: What makes you think Cap has better fighting skills? Also bats can use pretty much anything as a weapon so even if cap was to take his belt bats he could use the weapons around him and all the hidden weapons in his suit and speaking of his suit it is bullet proof to holocron shotgun shells at point blank so he could take a lot of punishment.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#780  Edited By m0ntyb0y

cap stomps

Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think bats would win just because of his superior fighting skills and more experience.

MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#782  Edited By MzombieX

Unless Bats has prep time, I'll assume Bruce has standard equipment. So intelligence won't play much of a factor in this ... At least not in the heat of combat. Tactics and combat experience are what will matter. 
Cap not only has the greatest defensive weapon in Marvel, but as an offensive weapon - he can hurl it with enough force to tear through the engine casing of the front of a semi-truck and exit the other side of the trailer. 

What are batarangs and grappling guns going to do against a guy that can avoid the projectiles of being surrounded by dozens and dozens of HYDRA or even S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers firing automatic weapons at him?  
Gas pellets are absolutely useless if this fight takes place outdoors. All he would need to do is perform the great feat of "moving somewhere else."   

For those that think Batman is the better fighter in H2H, I disagree. I see them basically as equals. Both are perhaps two of the greatest fighters in their respective Universe and the ultimate human fighting machines.
Batman's watered down knowledge of hundreds of martial arts isn't going to give him any advantage. It would take a lifetime to become a "master" of simply a handful of fighting forms.  
Considering that most martial arts have been absorbed into one another over time, borrowed from, and refined into some of the more common and most effective fighting forms ... the rest is just excess dead weight. 
Steve should have no problem being able to match Bruce in skill.

Cap wins this. We are talking about two characters that are equals in skill and yet Cap has an edge in strength due to the super soldier serum.  
He actually has explained his ability to dodge multiple bullet rounds because he "sees" faster than an ordinary human. Fact is ... Cap is physically superior.
BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#783  Edited By BarelyAverage
@MzombieX said:
Unless Bats has prep time, I'll assume Bruce has standard equipment. So intelligence won't play much of a factor in this ... At least not in the heat of combat. Tactics and combat experience are what will matter.  Cap not only has the greatest defensive weapon in Marvel, but as an offensive weapon - he can hurl it with enough force to tear through the engine casing of the front of a semi-truck and exit the other side of the trailer.  What are batarangs and grappling guns going to do against a guy that can avoid the projectiles of being surrounded by dozens and dozens of HYDRA or even S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers firing automatic weapons at him?  Gas pellets are absolutely useless if this fight takes place outdoors. All he would need to do is perform the great feat of "moving somewhere else."     For those that think Batman is the better fighter in H2H, I disagree. I see them basically as equals. Both are perhaps two of the greatest fighters in their respective Universe and the ultimate human fighting machines.Batman's watered down knowledge of hundreds of martial arts isn't going to give him any advantage. It would take a lifetime to become a "master" of simply a handful of fighting forms.  Considering that most martial arts have been absorbed into one another over time, borrowed from, and refined into some of the more common and most effective fighting forms ... the rest is just excess dead weight. Steve should have no problem being able to match Bruce in skill. Cap wins this. We are talking about two characters that are equals in skill and yet Cap has an edge in strength due to the super soldier serum.  He actually has explained his ability to dodge multiple bullet rounds because he "sees" faster than an ordinary human. Fact is ... Cap is physically superior.
Yes unfortunately modern day martial arts has become mixed martial arts which is basically boxing and wrestling. And we call the UFC mixed martial arts? Its really nothing more than a bunch of cavemen who do nothing all day but train and punch and choke each other. Thats not martial arts.
 Oh and yes Captain America(Steve Rogers) takes this on a random encounter. His physical advantages tip the odds in his favor, even if batman may be slightly more skilled as a fighter the difference is so minute that it doesn't overcome Cap's physical advantage.
SilverGalford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#784  Edited By SilverGalford

with prep bats for the win.

Bucketz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#785  Edited By Bucketz

Batman

lantian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#786  Edited By lantian1

Captain America doesn't have any physical advantage but for stamina

Batman is peek human the difference is he made himself that way withou needing a syrum

practices like not consuming alcohol or anything that will have any effect on his physical peek

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BarelyAverage said:

@MzombieX said:

Unless Bats has prep time, I'll assume Bruce has standard equipment. So intelligence won't play much of a factor in this ... At least not in the heat of combat. Tactics and combat experience are what will matter.  Cap not only has the greatest defensive weapon in Marvel, but as an offensive weapon - he can hurl it with enough force to tear through the engine casing of the front of a semi-truck and exit the other side of the trailer.  What are batarangs and grappling guns going to do against a guy that can avoid the projectiles of being surrounded by dozens and dozens of HYDRA or even S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers firing automatic weapons at him?  Gas pellets are absolutely useless if this fight takes place outdoors. All he would need to do is perform the great feat of "moving somewhere else."     For those that think Batman is the better fighter in H2H, I disagree. I see them basically as equals. Both are perhaps two of the greatest fighters in their respective Universe and the ultimate human fighting machines.Batman's watered down knowledge of hundreds of martial arts isn't going to give him any advantage. It would take a lifetime to become a "master" of simply a handful of fighting forms.  Considering that most martial arts have been absorbed into one another over time, borrowed from, and refined into some of the more common and most effective fighting forms ... the rest is just excess dead weight. Steve should have no problem being able to match Bruce in skill. Cap wins this. We are talking about two characters that are equals in skill and yet Cap has an edge in strength due to the super soldier serum.  He actually has explained his ability to dodge multiple bullet rounds because he "sees" faster than an ordinary human. Fact is ... Cap is physically superior.

Yes unfortunately modern day martial arts has become mixed martial arts which is basically boxing and wrestling. And we call the UFC mixed martial arts? Its really nothing more than a bunch of cavemen who do nothing all day but train and punch and choke each other. Thats not martial arts.  Oh and yes Captain America(Steve Rogers) takes this on a random encounter. His physical advantages tip the odds in his favor, even if batman may be slightly more skilled as a fighter the difference is so minute that it doesn't overcome Cap's physical advantage.

I agree with most of what MzombieX says. And feel Cap wins this. Not much more to add really. Good points all round.
However, BarelyAverage, I respectfully disagree with your generalization of MMA. It is not `just`boxing mixed with wrestling. Try Jui Juitsu (grappling submissions), Muay Thai, Boxing, Savate/kickboxing, Wrestling (take downs/take down defense), Greek Pankration (ground and pound), Karate ... and the list goes on. The ones I`ve just enumerated constitute the principles though.  
I know MMA ain`t pretty. But real hand to hand combat when you`re 'fighting for your life' as it were rarely is. We've been too conditioned by the Jean Claude Van Dam's and the pretty looking Bruce Leed Wing Chun moves choreographed for our entertainment. This looks pretty, but it is not realistic. Fight's are not a dance. Violence is not pretty. 
For the uninitiated, it may be hard to see and appreciate all the technique going on in the Octagon when those two 'cavemen' are grappling and grunting and striking. That is, I`m afraid, the most well rounded version of Martial Arts we've seen to date in real life application. 
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#788  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@MzombieX said:

Unless Bats has prep time, I'll assume Bruce has standard equipment. So intelligence won't play much of a factor in this ... At least not in the heat of combat. Tactics and combat experience are what will matter.  

Batman doesn't need prep time to have an advantage in terms of intelligence.  Batman is not only a genius outside of combat, he's a genius in combat alsoCaptain America isn't.  The only time his Steve's intellect plays a major factor is when he's leading teams.  When it comes to using intelligence and tactics in one on one fights, Captain America is outclassed.  

@MzombieX

said:

Gas pellets are absolutely useless if this fight takes place outdoors.

Um Paladin nearly took Cap out with gas, while outdoors....

@MzombieX

said:

For those that think Batman is the better fighter in H2H, I disagree. I see them basically as equals. Both are perhaps two of the greatest fighters in their respective Universe and the ultimate human fighting machines..

You don't have to agree, but it's true.  If you actually look at their track records in combat.  Batman has defeated David Cain, Ra's al Ghul, Prometheus, Bane, Dan Kingdom, King Snake He's stalemated fighters better then Captain America.  Lady Shiva, Bronze Tiger, Richard Dragon etc.  
Compare to Cap's track record.  He's beaten and lost to Daredevil.  He's beaten and lost to Crossbones.  He nearly lost to Kingpin and was only saved by Redwing.  He's lost to Taskmaster several times.  He also lost to T'Chaka, the former Black Panther who even T'Challa was able to defeat before gaining the special herb to gain his enhanced abilities.
Batman is a better fighter because he has better feats then Captain America and has a much better track record in combat. 

Also neither are the best fighters in their universe.  

@MzombieX

said:

Batman's watered down knowledge of hundreds of martial arts isn't going to give him any advantage. It would take a lifetime to become a "master" of simply a handful of fighting forms.  Considering that most martial arts have been absorbed into one another over time, borrowed from, and refined into some of the more common and most effective fighting forms ... the rest is just excess dead weight.

This right here shows me that you simply want to downplay Batman.  Batman doesn't have watered down knowledge of every martial arts.  He's flat out MASTERED every style.  You don't have watered down knowledge and master something at the same time.  If you want to talk about watered down knowledge look no further then Captain America.  In his first fight with Zemo in the classic Avengers series he stated that he was adept at all forms of fighting.  So if Batman's knowledge is watered down despite mastering every style.  What exactly does that make Captain America's knowledge? 
Also, Batman has shown that he can use individual styles and still fight at peak capability as shown with Tim Drake.  The real advantage of mastering every style is being to mix and incorporate different styles and come up with one unique fighting style, and adapt to different situations.  Another advantage that Batman has over Captain America.

@MzombieX

said:

Cap wins this. We are talking about two characters that are equals in skill and yet Cap has an edge in strength due to the super soldier serum.  
He actually has explained his ability to dodge multiple bullet rounds because he "sees" faster than an ordinary human. Fact is ... Cap is physically superior.

Cap isn't equal in skill because he lacks to same caliber of feats that Batman has.  Cap hasn't beaten and stalemated the same caliber of opponents, he has more embarrassing losses then Batman does.  If there is a physical advantage it's only a slight one but the skill advantage that Batman has makes up for it.  Bats has defeated opponents that are both skilled and physically superior.  Any advantage you think Cap might have is a slight one at best.  The only advantage in this fight were the difference is colossal is intelligence, in which Batman several outclasses Cap, and yes, it will be play a factor in this fight and will probably be the main factor on Batman winning.
Dodging bullets isn't going to help Cap because Batman doesn't use a gun.  And Bat's has been able to dodge bullets also, in fact he's been able to catch them in his cape and deflect them with his gauntlet, despite not being on a steroid type serum like Cap is. 
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cosmic_Falcon
Where you make a strong argument for Batman, I disagree with a few points you made... but one really stands out... that Batman is a genius in the heat of battle but Cap is not.  
This is just not true. Cap is one of the most skilled and notorious combat commanders/leaders in Marvel. Bar none. And he just so happens to excel in the 'heat of battle' as it were. He is not the inventor/scientist Bruce is. He is not the master of the almighty 'prep' that Bruce is (damn you Miller for making the word prep mean more than it should!), but he is the better battle tactician in my books. Aside from this,CA is the superior physical specimen (show pics of Batman pressing well over 1000 lbs repeatedly then we'll talk), has better defense (read: shield) and offensive weapon (read: shield) and due to the super soldier serum, is probably the better hand to hander or, at the very least, Bruce's equal (the serum allows him to absorb combat techniques at a far accelerrated pace than a normal human).  
One hit from the shield and Batman should go nighty night. I know Wolverine did (adamantium skeleton, healing factor and all). That shield has wrecked fighter jets. 
Captain America wins a (slight) majority over Batman in my opinion.
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lantian1 said:

Captain America doesn't have any physical advantage but for stamina  Batman is peek human the difference is he made himself that way withou needing a syrum  practices like not consuming alcohol or anything that will have any effect on his physical peek

Like I said above, post pics of Batman bench pressing 1000+ lbs repeatedly then we'll talk about who's the better physical specimen. CA is an enhanced human. Bruce is a peak human. If we go by their respective definitions, a peak human can bench press (max) 2x his own body weight. That's roughly 400lbs for Bruce (despite PIS feats here and there showing him lifting what only superhumans can or should). An enhanced human is 800 lbs + 
CA is the superior physical specimen.
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#791  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@Super_SoldierXII said:
@Cosmic_Falcon: Where you make a strong argument for Batman, I disagree with a few points you made... but one really stands out... that Batman is a genius in the heat of battle but Cap is not.  This is just not true. Cap is one of the most skilled and notorious combat commanders/leaders in Marvel. Bar none. And he just so happens to excel in the 'heat of battle' as it were. He is not the inventor/scientist Bruce is. He is not the master of the almighty 'prep' that Bruce is (damn you Miller for making the word prep mean more than it should!), but he is the better battle tactician in my books.
Cap is not a genius in the heat of battle.  This has never once been proven.  In fact Captain America is no greater a leader in combat then Cyclops leading the X-men or Nightwing leading the Outsiders.  None of them have done anything that puts them above the others.  While all 3 are probably better leaders then Bruce it holds no relevance because this is a one on one fight.  If Cap was a genius in combat like Bats is in one on one fights, then he wouldn't have all of the embarrassing losses against characters that he completely outclasses. 

@Super_SoldierXII said:
Aside from this,CA is the superior physical specimen (show pics of Batman pressing well over 1000 lbs repeatedly then we'll talk), has better defense (read: shield) and offensive weapon (read: shield) and due to the super soldier serum, is probably the better hand to hander or, at the very least, Bruce's equal (the serum allows him to absorb combat techniques at a far accelerrated pace than a normal human).  One hit from the shield and Batman should go nighty night. I know Wolverine did (adamantium skeleton, healing factor and all). That shield has wrecked fighter jets. Captain America wins a (slight) majority over Batman in my opinion.
I've already accepted that Cap is physically superior but the difference is slight compared to the difference in their intelligence.  The shield is his only weapon, and what happens when he throws it?  He leaves himself wide open.  His shield can't block out gas either.  And his shield isn't a greater offensive weapon then Batman's electrical gauntlets, tear gas, tazers etc.  
Cap doesn't have the feats to warrant him being Batman's equal in skill.  Compare their track records.  Batman has defeated David Cain, Bane, Dan Kingdom etc.  
Look at Cap's fight with Iron Fist.

No Caption Provided

Cap is going to spend the fight trying to overpower Batman.  He's going to leave himself open for nerve strikes which will take a toll on him.  
If you look at Batman's losses, almost all of them were against characters that outclass him.  If you compare Cap's losses, several of them were against characters that Cap himself outclasses. 
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#792  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@Super_SoldierXII said:
@lantian1 said:

Captain America doesn't have any physical advantage but for stamina  Batman is peek human the difference is he made himself that way withou needing a syrum  practices like not consuming alcohol or anything that will have any effect on his physical peek

Like I said above, post pics of Batman bench pressing 1000+ lbs repeatedly then we'll talk about who's the better physical specimen. CA is an enhanced human. Bruce is a peak human. If we go by their respective definitions, a peak human can bench press (max) 2x his own body weight. That's roughly 400lbs for Bruce (despite PIS feats here and there showing him lifting what only superhumans can or should). An enhanced human is 800 lbs + CA is the superior physical specimen.
A peak human in Marvel is someone who can bench around 800-1000 lbs.  Someone who can bench 2x there body weight is Olympic level.  
Batman regularly benches 1000lb for his morning workout.  He isn't as strong as Cap but he's above what Marvel considers peak human.  You need to remember that Batman is a DC character and there standards are different then Marvels. 
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#793  Edited By Susanoo

Captain America wins. One Shield throw.
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#794  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@Susanoo:  

I too think Cap wins, but with one shield throw? 

Im sure batman has been hit harder.
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cosmic_Falcon said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@lantian1 said:

Like I said above, post pics of Batman bench pressing 1000+ lbs repeatedly then we'll talk about who's the better physical specimen. CA is an enhanced human. Bruce is a peak human. If we go by their respective definitions, a peak human can bench press (max) 2x his own body weight. That's roughly 400lbs for Bruce (despite PIS feats here and there showing him lifting what only superhumans can or should). An enhanced human is 800 lbs + CA is the superior physical specimen.

A peak human in Marvel is someone who can bench around 800-1000 lbs.  Someone who can bench 2x there body weight is Olympic level.   Batman regularly benches 1000lb for his morning workout.  He isn't as strong as Cap but he's above what Marvel considers peak human.  You need to remember that Batman is a DC character and there standards are different then Marvels. 

Actually, I think we are mixing words. Marvel places CA at the very peak of human physical potentiall = thus peak human. But Marvel's official def. of peak human is someone able to lift press twice their own body weight.  
CA is an enhanced human in that he is 800lbs + by official definition. The Punisher is peak human yet cannot lift 1000 lbs. Again, we are mixing words.
If Batman lifts 1000lbs then he has officially lost his normal human man at the peak of physical fitness standard and should be considered a metahuman. Period.  
There is no regular human man alive that can rep out with 800 - 1000lbs.  Not even close.
And as to your pics, I think focusing on low end feats proves nothing. (And then, CA SHOULD lose to Iron Fist, Iron Fist would absolutely destroy Batman and Wolverine as well. So there's no shame in that.) There are a plethora of combat feats for CA that are absolutely extraordinary. (Feats showing him holding his breath long enough to escape gas etc. etc.) I am heading out the door now, but I'll come back later and post them for you viewing pleasure. 
Ciao for now!
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#797  Edited By Susanoo
@TheCerealKillz said:

@Susanoo:   I too think Cap wins, but with one shield throw?  Im sure batman has been hit harder.

I meant in a boomerang type of style throw. Hitting Batman from behind.
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#798  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@Super_SoldierXII said:

Not even close.And as to your pics, I think focusing on low end feats proves nothing. (And then, CA SHOULD lose to Iron Fist, Iron Fist would absolutely destroy Batman and Wolverine as well. So there's no shame in that.) There are a plethora of combat feats for CA that are absolutely extraordinary. (Feats showing him holding his breath long enough to escape gas etc. etc.) I am heading out the door now, but I'll come back later and post them for you viewing pleasure. Ciao for now!

I think that Captain America is the peak of human potential, not just a peak human.  But I'm not going to get into what's peak human because that's just going to get us off track.

As far as the rest of your post.  Even if Danny could wreck Bats and Wolverine that was never my point.  My point was that a master martial artist, arguably the second best in Marvel next to Temegun, his observation shows that Cap has a basic form and is more reliant on overpowering opponents then outskilling them.  You can look at most of his major fights against opponents like Zemo and the Red Skull and it would show him relying more on his strength and speed.  
Also it really is a fact that Batman has a better track record in combat then Cap does.  Batman's victories over credible opponents are numerous compared to Caps.  Batman's stalemates against fighters that are more skilled then Captain America also shows that Bats has the skill advantage. 
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#799  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@Susanoo said:
@TheCerealKillz said:

@Susanoo:   I too think Cap wins, but with one shield throw?  Im sure batman has been hit harder.

oh yeah that should do it.
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#800  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@Susanoo said:
@TheCerealKillz said:

You really think Batman would actually fall for that? Why would Batman think that someone would blindly throw away their shield, there only weapon, and not expect it to come back?  Batman's fought opponents with similar weaponry before.