#1 Posted by trebean (631 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America (616)

vs

Post Crisis Bane (With 1 day prep)

In Character.

#2 Posted by dondave (34338 posts) - - Show Bio

Bbane

#3 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Bane have Venom? Given prep, I guess Bane could feasibly beat Cap in the same manner he trumped Bats the first time they met (though obviously not to that extent).

#4 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane is pretty intelligient so with prep is a huge advantage, and anyone who could break Batman has to cause some trouble to Cap. But at the same time Captain America is higher than peak human conditions. It could actually go either way unless CA sees that his tube fuels him and sheild throw-cuts it.

#5 Posted by jamesisaacs (213 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane gives him a German Suplex after German Suplex after German Suplex after German Suplex after German Suplex after German Suplex...

#6 Edited by NightwingX (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane wins

#7 Edited by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America wins 7-8/10.

#9 Edited by HyperViper97 (1342 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane wins bc prep. Random encounter may be a different story

#10 Posted by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

What prep feats does Bane have?

The only one I can think of is against Bruce and that took longer than a day.

#11 Posted by Saren (25273 posts) - - Show Bio

@80sbaby said:

He captured Azrael and injected him with Venom in Angel and the Bane, defeated and captured Rex and Rick Tyler, and more recently turned Clayface and Deathstroke into Venomed up pawns and sent them to fight Batman.

#12 Posted by whacknasty (5605 posts) - - Show Bio

@jamesisaacs: Lol, I've always wanted to do that to someone.

I think it depends on the prep. Cap won't be worn down like Bruce was in that arc, which gave Bane the edge he needed to break him.

#13 Edited by russellmania77 (14561 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

Does Bane have Venom? Given prep, I guess Bane could feasibly beat Cap in the same manner he trumped Bats the first time they met (though obviously not to that extent).

yeah but the only reason he beat batman was that he had a 3 month plan to completely tire him out than attack him at most vulnerable

cap ftw

#14 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77 Which is why I said not to that extent, obviously. I just think that given the opportunity to prepare for his prey, it's not that much of a stretch to say that Bane can take Cap by surprise. Cap is my favorite Marvel, but he's far from invincible - even he can't be prepared for everything.

#15 Edited by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by dondave (34338 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: He doesn't need to tire out Batman to beat him, he just decided to do it

#17 Posted by XLR87T3 (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap wins just by winging it. This isn't Batman, this...is a SUPER SOLDIER.

#18 Posted by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

@80sbaby said:

He captured Azrael and injected him with Venom in Angel and the Bane, defeated and captured Rex and Rick Tyler, and more recently turned Clayface and Deathstroke into Venomed up pawns and sent them to fight Batman.

Thanks for the info.

Forgot about Azrael (Kind of miss him.) I haven't read anything about Bane in the Nu52 but that sound interesting.

#19 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6936 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap can last a lot longer than Batman can in terms of endurance. If I'm not mistaken Cap doesn't tire at all. He can keep fighting forever basically.

#20 Edited by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3: Jason Bourne and Aaron Cross are considered by some to be a super soliders, does this mean they beat Bane by winging it too?

#21 Posted by jashro44 (19562 posts) - - Show Bio

With one sided prep I would say Bane. He can give cap a good fight in a random so it stands to reason with one day he can create a setup which is beneficial to him.

@xlr87t3 said:

Cap wins just by winging it. This isn't Batman, this...is a SUPER SOLDIER.

Last time cap winged it he got the infinity gauntlet destroyed and kicked out of the Illuminati...

#22 Edited by Erick_Williams (754 posts) - - Show Bio

1 day Prep should give Bane the win

#23 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Last time cap winged it he got the infinity gauntlet destroyed and kicked out of the Illuminati...

Good times...

#24 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2780 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think one day is enough,,I'm taking cap!

#25 Posted by Raw_Material (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

A prepped up Bane wins. However, if they have equalized stats I think Cap could take him on.

#26 Edited by Omnicrono (1613 posts) - - Show Bio

Oooo... this is a tough one.

Still, I think Bane with one day of prep edges it out.

#27 Edited by logy5000 (5654 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America has superior stats.

#28 Edited by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

1 day prep ... gimme a break capt takes this, because of limited prep and he has the almighty shield and serum. Shield should buy him enough time to figure out what is going on and smash banes head in.