• Bare Knuckle Fight
Avatar image for inconvenient_truth
Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Aquaman lives at the bottom of the ocean. Thats alot of pressure to be around on a daily basis. I say Aquaman is alot stronger and faster. Therefore I give it to Aquaman

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

How is Steve supposed to win this? I doubt he could physically hurt him, let alone beat him in h2h combat.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve gets his head bashed in. Arthuris a mid tier character and Steve is peak human.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

@inconvenient_truth: @god_spawn: @evil_incarnate: Sorry, meant to make this OP bloodlusted with morals on. Just changed it to what I wanted the fight to be set to in the first place. This is definitely a great help for both sides ad be of a huge factor in the fight for sure.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@raw_material: This isn't a good fight though. Steve gets wrecked in a straight up fight. He can't knock him out and can barely hurt Arthur. On the other hand if you equalized stats so it was a h2h fight based on skill, Steve then wrecks Aquaman.

Avatar image for inconvenient_truth
Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve has better morals than Aquaman. Aquaman is a bit more ruthless and more powerful. Aquaman still wins.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman's stats are far above Steve's. It's like The Thing vs Superman.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Raw_Material

@god_spawn: That's pretty much what I wanted to, as in strength level. Can I?

I just did..

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 god_spawn  Moderator

@raw_material: That still doesn't get past the durability issue that I've brought up twice.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Raw_Material

@god_spawn: The Cap still has that extra willpower and heart over Aquaman, remember that though..Or some might say. Aquaman also has is own distinct inner-character himself and has been able to complete tasks that some of the other JLAers couldn't.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 god_spawn  Moderator
Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

@god_spawn:

The Cap still has that extra willpower and heart over Aquaman, remember that though..Or some might say. Aquaman also has is own distinct inner-character himself and has been able to complete tasks that some of the other JLAers couldn't.

Heart doesn't do any good when Aquaman can literally punch Captain America's out of his chest...

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Shawnbaby

@raw_material: When you say "Equalized Strength Level" do you mean Cap is raised up to AM's level...or AM is dropped down to Cap's? Because that makes a huge difference.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Raw_Material

@shawnbaby: Hmm, in between?? Nahh, I guess I'll say equalized to Aquaman's strength level.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raw_material: In that case I'd give it to Steve. He's a much better fighter and now he has the Strength to get by Arthur's Durability.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does bloodlusted morals on work?

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: Wanting to kill, but also keeping their inner character in play (ex. willpower, courage, heart, etc.). If that makes sense :P

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ooh really tough call here with two of my favorite characters. On one hand, Aquaman has the advantage in terms of bloodlust as well as overall durability, as aforementioned. On the other hand, Cap has the advantage in terms of HTH fighting skill, and (I'd argue) battlefield tactics. My vote's going for Cap now, simply because I believe he can outthink his opponent, and he's more accustomed to dealing with enemies physically stronger than him. A close victory for Cap.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 god_spawn  Moderator

@shawnbaby: How would it make a difference?

It wouldn't. Steve would lose either way. OP just says strength is equal. That should mean their other stats are effectively the same. Steve would have his regular durability, but just a strength amp. Albeit Steve being the far better fighter, he isn't just going to down Arthur in a few hits because Arthur's durability should still let him tank some punches of his strength class and Arthur's own speed should at least let him get in a hit or two, which is all he needs. Steve does not have the durability to stand up without feeling it a lot more than him punching Aquaman.

Now if the stats were equal, then I would agree Steve wins via being more skilled.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By willpayton

If only the strength is normalized then Aquaman wins because he still has better durability, simple as that.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well...if they were both at Cap's Strength level...Cap would not be able to bypass Arthur durability in a million years.

At Arthur's Strength level...he can.

Now, as Godspawn and others have mentioned...Steve doesn't have Arthurs Durability here (which i wasn't really thinking about) so it does make it a lot tougher for Steve to actually put Arthur down....but it does change this from a Complete Stomp to giving Steve a Chance....he is much more acrobatic and skilled than Arthur...but as other's have mentioned...Arthur only needs to land a couple hits before Steve can't fight anymore.

Overall, Arthur does get the win here...but not in a stomp like it would otherwise be.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Raw_Material

Being a super-soldier Captain America is, I think he'll put up a great fight with Aquaman especially with equalized strength levels. Almost controversial, as he's fought super-humans far more superior than he is.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn

Do you think that Cap has a slight chance of trumping Aquaman though? Cap has referred to himself as 'the best combat fighter in the world', and even when he was depowered to his malnourished, skinny self, he was still able to defeat two Super-Soldiers. His fighting skill has often helped him defeat stronger enemies. And for what it's worth, even Iron Man himself has commented that Cap has 'good armor'. Obviously, it wouldn't be as durable as Aquaman's hide, but it's worth mentioning.

I can concede that Aquaman would take the vast majority, but I feel like Cap stands a small chance here.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@veshark: Barely if any. I do agree with the notion that Cap is far more skilled. I have stated that myself. With that said, his best bet is deflecting or dodging Aquaman's attacks. Again, going back to the durability, he can't really afford to block Arthur's attacks either. He may throw with solid force, but he can't be on the receiving end of as many attacks as Arthur can. And Arthur is solid in the speed department himself and Cap's durability is just too far below his for me to say his natural durability makes up for it. I know Steve is pretty durable for a human, but not enough here.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

Well...if they were both at Cap's Strength level...Cap would not be able to bypass Arthur durability in a million years.

Without the durability the strength would be mostly useless to Cap. Imagine hitting a brick wall with your fist. Now imagine hitting that brick wall with your fist 10x as hard/fast.

The only way having that much more strength would benefit Cap is if this fight allowed him to use his shield, which it doesnt.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: That's pretty much true..I'll change the OP

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby said:

@monsterstomp said:

Without the durability the strength would be mostly useless to Cap. Imagine hitting a brick wall with your fist. Now imagine hitting that brick wall with your fist 10x as hard/fast.

The only way having that much more strength would benefit Cap is if this fight allowed him to use his shield, which it doesnt.

Did you not read the rest of what I wrote? I agree Arthur would win...but it just wouldn't be the complete godstomp it would be without that strength...with the Strength he can at least Hurt Arthur.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton said:

Did you not read the rest of what I wrote? I agree Arthur would win...but it just wouldn't be the complete godstomp it would be without that strength...with the Strength he can at least Hurt Arthur.

I did read it, and I understand you qualified what you said. But, you're still saying that the added strength will allow Cap to hurt Aquaman, which I dont think is true. At the end of the day, no matter how fast he throws his fist at Aquaman, it's still a peak-human fist against Aquaman's durability... which is to say, splat!

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby said:

@willpayton said:

I did read it, and I understand you qualified what you said. But, you're still saying that the added strength will allow Cap to hurt Aquaman, which I dont think is true. At the end of the day, no matter how fast he throws his fist at Aquaman, it's still a peak-human fist against Aquaman's durability... which is to say, splat!

That's all well and good using real world Science...but Comic book science tells tales differently. Cap has punched plenty of people with durability in AM's range without injuring himself.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even in comic book science, if you hit something harder then there's a harder impact. If someone hits you harder they hurt you more.

Cap punches plenty of people with high durability, but that's not what we're discussing. We're discussing what will happen when Cap hits someone with high durability while he is also stronger and hence accelerating his fist to much higher speeds. Even with comic book physics, this will hurt Cap much more than it hurts Aquaman.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Equalized stats?

Captain America stomps.

This should be locked.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Shawnbaby

Even in comic book science, if you hit something harder then there's a harder impact. If someone hits you harder they hurt you more.

Cap punches plenty of people with high durability, but that's not what we're discussing. We're discussing what will happen when Cap hits someone with high durability while he is also stronger and hence accelerating his fist to much higher speeds. Even with comic book physics, this will hurt Cap much more than it hurts Aquaman.

I dunno about that...Comic Book writers are not good with physics at all. Plenty of speedsters aren't protected by the Speed Force and yet have no issue pummeling higher durability bricks with high speed punches.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: Barely if any. I do agree with the notion that Cap is far more skilled. I have stated that myself. With that said, his best bet is deflecting or dodging Aquaman's attacks. Again, going back to the durability, he can't really afford to block Arthur's attacks either. He may throw with solid force, but he can't be on the receiving end of as many attacks as Arthur can. And Arthur is solid in the speed department himself and Cap's durability is just too far below his for me to say his natural durability makes up for it. I know Steve is pretty durable for a human, but not enough here.

Hmm, now that you put it that way, I suppose Cap's chances of victory would be severely limited by Arthur's overall speed and durability. Good call.