#1 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry if this is a dupe but I searched and found nothing. Fight takes place in the Roman Colosseum. They start at opposite ends of the arena. Morals off. Fight to the death.

Evans Cap has his movie armour and shield (forgot if that version was vibranium or not). He gets no gun here.

Pitt Achilles has his black armour and shield. He gets his sword and a spear.

Who wins?

#2 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Achilles

#3 Posted by Voogaloo (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Achilles was supposedly a demi god who can only be hurt by damaging his heel, so I'll side with him, though Captain America would put up quite a fight. 

#4 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20136 posts) - - Show Bio

Achilles. Captain America would last quite a bit though.

#5 Edited by Wolfrazer (6402 posts) - - Show Bio

Achilles, he was never hit at all in Troy(save for the arrow scene, but memory calls he was distracted) being that it was taking stuff from Mythology where Achilles was pretty much invincible. So he'd be able to dodge, counter, or block anything Cap hits him with and I really doubt Cap would even think of the heel much less try to get to it at close range.

#6 Edited by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

But in the movie Troy he was killed by two arrows to the chest (after being shot in the heel). So if we're going by movies then his only weak spot wasn't his heel. He was basically just the first "super soldier".

So I think Cap has a way better chance than anyone is giving him.

#7 Posted by Erik (32100 posts) - - Show Bio

Achilles was strictly human in the movie Troy. He suggested that he had met and was trained by the gods but that was it.

#8 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America in the movies is still meta human. Cap for the win. He is faster and stronger.

But Achilles was pretty awesome in that movie.

#9 Edited by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

I give it to Cap.

Better showing of strength, speed, and comparable in skill.

Achilles may have been peak human in Troy, but Movie Steve was incredibly close to Ultimate Cap in physical showings.

That puts Movie Steve right around realized human potential, which is >> peak human

#10 Posted by eatmore_payless (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

@Voogaloo said:

Well Achilles was supposedly a demi god who can only be hurt by damaging his heel, so I'll side with him, though Captain America would put up quite a fight.

Achilles wasn't a Demi god is a son of a nymph

#11 Posted by niBBit (718 posts) - - Show Bio

I have an question: Could Cap block Achilles's swords and spears long/quick enough for him to take Achilles down? If Cap doesn't block Achilles's attacks then an sword right true his chest would put him down super human or not, unless he can survive even that. Cap in the movie hasen't shown that he can deal with swords or spears and hasne't fought anybody who is insanely skilled with them before. I see Achilles winning this.

#12 Posted by Shawnbaby (10593 posts) - - Show Bio
@niBBit said:

I have an question: Could Cap block Achilles's swords and spears long/quick enough for him to take Achilles down? If Cap doesn't block Achilles's attacks then an sword right true his chest would put him down super human or not, unless he can survive even that. Cap in the movie hasen't shown that he can deal with swords or spears and hasne't fought anybody who is insanely skilled with them before. I see Achilles winning this.

Achilles hasn't shown he can deal with Metahumans.  

And no, he didn't deal with anyone using swords or spears (turns out that in the 20th and 21st centuries, sword and spear use is on the decline) ...he was dealing with people using Flamethrowers, Guns, and Lasers.
#13 Edited by ShiZZmAhh (520 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't even know...

Edit: Achilles did get shot in the chest with arrows, so he wasn't immortal.

Cap was rag dolling people left and right. Achilles was running through people...

Could go either way.

#14 Posted by The Stegman (23817 posts) - - Show Bio

Achilles for me.

#15 Edited by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@niBBit said:

Bullets>swords and spears. No modern army would stand a chance armed with such weapons. And I love swords.

#16 Edited by Strider92 (16242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

Achilles was strictly human in the movie Troy. He suggested that he had met and was trained by the gods but that was it.

Finally!

I've been arguing this point on Achilles Vs thread for god knows how long! People seem to think that it was only because he got shot in the heel he could then be killed which isn't true (only mythology Achilles had this weakness). The only reason they had Achilles get shot in the heel was to pay tribute to the myth. It was the other two arrows to the chest that killed him hence the reason he was still able to fight even with the arrow in his heel.

Ok now my rant is over i'm leaning towards Achilles although Cap did seem to have above human physical attributes, I think Achilles can out-skill him.

#17 Edited by Deadite (23183 posts) - - Show Bio

In the movie it's still a myth, no way to tell if he's killed by beginning arrows that went through his chest. That's why it's such a great movie, they use the atmosphere and mortal's interpretation, which leaves the answer unknown. Achilles's still at myth's level in the movie.

#18 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America would kill him 

#19 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting battle. I'll go with Achilles.

#20 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

cap's shield will be a problem for achilies but achilies will eventually win here.

#21 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

Achilles, he was never hit at all in Troy(save for the arrow scene, but memory calls he was distracted) being that it was taking stuff from Mythology where Achilles was pretty much invincible. So he'd be able to dodge, counter, or block anything Cap hits him with and I really doubt Cap would even think of the heel much less try to get to it at close range.

Because when fighting someone named Achilles, going for his heel is not going to come to mind, right?

#22 Posted by EternalDecider (293 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenteaforme: LOOOOOL

#23 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@Malevolent1 said:

Captain America in the movies is still meta human. Cap for the win. He is faster and stronger.

But Achilles was pretty awesome in that movie.

@TheSwordsman said:

@niBBit said:

Bullets>swords and spears. No modern army would stand a chance armed with such weapons. And I love swords.

basically all of this.

Also, I highly dislike Achilles, Hector FTW!!!!

#24 Posted by TheSupremeBeing (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve has shown the ability to break apart chitauri, oun run a car, lift up a car. block thors hammer. ill give him thw win

#25 Posted by Wolfrazer (6402 posts) - - Show Bio

Hang on folks, to those saying he died to the arrows in the chest. That was after he was shot in the heel, which was his weak point thus he was vulnerable to get hit anywhere else since he wasn't able to move at all. If he had been able to move, he would have been able to avoid those arrows just like he did everything else. So ya...he died with taking the arrows to the chest, but that wasn't until after he was hit in the heel.

#26 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

. achilies has never been struck in combat and has some very impressive sword fighting feats. he beat the apposing army's greatest fighter in the first fight scene after waking up he was parrying around shields and like jumping around them and curving his blade to get kills.he soloed entire squadrons and was god gifted in battle. caps offensive weapon is his shield. i hope he doesn't throw it lol

#27 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

whoa whoa.so was cap.he was supposed to be peak human in the movie. Achilles is atleast peak human.hes just as fast as cap and he has already beat stronger opponents than himself

#28 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2814 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be an epic fight...Just based on fighting skills, Achilles was more impressive and shown to have more skill in technique alone in deliverying kill shots/blows...I gotta go with Achilles, dude was unstoppable short of just taking 3 arrows to the chest....The one-shot he did in the beginning of the movie was probably his best display of his skill in taking down an opponent in seconds (not saying that dude that got one-shotted has anything on cap though) ...This could potentially be a long fight.

#29 Posted by Erik (32100 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker said:

@Erik said:

whoa whoa.so was cap.he was supposed to be peak human in the movie. Achilles is atleast peak human.hes just as fast as cap and he has already beat stronger opponents than himself

I do not remember them saying Cap was peak in the movie. Achilles also never kept up with a speeding car while on foot. He never even kept up with a horse while on foot. To say he was faster is just wrong. The only above human thing Achilles did in the movie was display some outrageous accuracy and skill.

#30 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker said:

. achilies has never been struck in combat and has some very impressive sword fighting feats. he beat the apposing army's greatest fighter in the first fight scene after waking up he was parrying around shields and like jumping around them and curving his blade to get kills.he soloed entire squadrons and was god gifted in battle. caps offensive weapon is his shield. i hope he doesn't throw it lol

Achillies may have soloed platoons, but Cap practically soloed a whole army, he also soloed platoons of Chitauri

@karetaker said:

If Achilles beat humans that were stronger than himself then how is he peak human? In some stats, possibly, but not all of them, Cap is peak human in all stats, even in the movie, no human was physically better than him.

#31 Posted by Voogaloo (52 posts) - - Show Bio
@eatmore_payless: Which makes him a demigod in the Illiad, look it up.
#32 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@karetaker said:

@Erik said:

I do not remember them saying Cap was peak in the movie. Achilles also never kept up with a speeding car while on foot. He never even kept up with a horse while on foot. To say he was faster is just wrong. The only above human thing Achilles did in the movie was display some outrageous accuracy and skill.

the scientist said he was unlocking the maximum human potential or something along thous lines.by speed i mean reflexively.he never got hit.ever. in battle at-least.cap did multiple times IIRC. he had better reflexes.better combat feats.@tg1982: and your right.but red skull over powered him once or twice. i always assumed peak human meant the peak of your genetic possibility.not some ranking on an imaginary skill scale

#33 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: also the chatari don't count. that was a divergent movie series and was animated.besides he did not solo a army.he soloed a platoon in a prison camp.and a small amount of scatted solders on a ship. also Achilles was a trained fighter. movie cap was a untrained skinny guy who got big.

#34 Posted by Erik (32100 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker said:

the scientist said he was unlocking the maximum human potential or something along thous lines.by speed i mean reflexively.he never got hit.ever. in battle at-least.cap did multiple times IIRC. he had better reflexes.better combat feats.

What part of the movie? I still do not remember that part. And Achilles did get hit in the movie. Several times in fact. Hector managed to hit him although only enough to damage his armor and then there are the arrows that pokes him full of holes...

#35 Edited by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@karetaker said:

the scientist said he was unlocking the maximum human potential or something along thous lines.by speed i mean reflexively.he never got hit.ever. in battle at-least.cap did multiple times IIRC. he had better reflexes.better combat feats.

What part of the movie? I still do not remember that part. And Achilles did get hit in the movie. Several times in fact. Hector managed to hit him although only enough to damage his armor and then there are the arrows that pokes him full of holes...

@Erik: when he was telling cap about the serum in the start. he was not attempting to dodge the arrows.im pretty sure he accepted his fate at that point. and hold on ima go youtube the fight scene. i dont rember him being hit but ill check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80SsC_ZNbyI

#36 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker said:

@Erik said:

@karetaker said:

@Erik said:

the scientist said he was unlocking the maximum human potential or something along thous lines.by speed i mean reflexively.he never got hit.ever. in battle at-least.cap did multiple times IIRC. he had better reflexes.better combat feats.@tg1982: and your right.but red skull over powered him once or twice. i always assumed peak human meant the peak of your genetic possibility.not some ranking on an imaginary skill scale

I've always taken peak human to mean the limit of what a human can possibly do, And I don't remember Red Skull ever overpowering Cap in the movie. Although I haven't seen the movie in a while. And I don't know what you're trying to get at with the "ranking on an imaginary skill scale" sentence.

#37 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: i havent seen it in a whyle either but im pretty sure cap and skull were in a lock-up and then RS hit him and sent him flying.@Erik: and your right he did get hit twice.one was his choice and was perfectly deflected by his armor and the second was a glancing blow that hit no tissue

#38 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker said:

@tg1982: also the chatari don't count. that was a divergent movie series and was animated.besides he did not solo a army.he soloed a platoon in a prison camp.and a small amount of scatted solders on a ship. also Achilles was a trained fighter. movie cap was a untrained skinny guy who got big.

It never states in the OP that the Avengers movie doesn't count, it says Evans Cap vs Pitt Achilles. So in the Avengers moive Cap soloed platoons of Chitauri. And the platoon in the prison camp was way better armed than any Troy platoon and that was is first "mission" so to speak.

#39 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: lol im so stupid i thought you were talking about this when i read it. ive seen these movies so many times that when ever anyone say chituari this is the first thing i think of

#40 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker: At the prison break scene? If so. I don't really see that as over powering they both were peak human in strength and Evans Cap weighs about 200-220lbs so sending either flying with a punch is pretty average to them. Cap sent Skull flying at the end in the bomber many times as well and I wouldn't call that over power either.

#41 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker said:

@tg1982: lol im so stupid i thought you were talking about this when i read it. ive seen these movies so many times that when ever anyone say chituari this is the first thing i think of

LOL. It's cool. No worries, bro

#42 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

Achilles would win versus movie Cap though. Achilles has a lifetime of training and combat experience and was the greatest warrior of the time. Movie Cap is a relative novice with no real combat training outside of a very limited boot camp and virtually zero hand to hand combat training. Cap would go down as fast or faster than Hector for sure (Cap is the man though).

#43 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: lol well anyway this fight wont be determined by physical strengths. Achilles is better armed and more skilled

#44 Edited by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker said:

@tg1982: lol well anyway this fight wont be determined by physical strengths. Achilles is better armed and more skilled

Depends on the better armed...in that time period bronze were used for weapons so they would most likely break or bend to the point of uselessness against Cap's shield (in the movie 3X stronger than steel) but I don't remember if they stuck to bronze in Troy or used steel or what, so I'm not a 100% sure there. And Cap used his shield as a sword (or bladed weapon) cutting off the arm of a Chitauri in the Avengers movie. Also Achilles throws the spear and Cap blocks it, then Achilles is without a long range weapon while Cap can and has thrown his shield and have it come back to him (obviously, since that's his schtick) But as I said before I'm not sure if the movie used "bronze" or "steel" weapons.

#45 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: it was steel. they were way past the bronze age.

#46 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

or iron.

#47 Edited by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@karetaker: I believe the bronze age ended for Europe (greece included) around 1600 BC. When was the Illiad written? I don't know so I'm asking. But yes, regardless of actual history if they were bronze or steel, in the movie they most likely used steel.

Oops my mistake Imeant 1600 BC not 600 BC. I fixed it.

#48 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: they used steel in the movie.im watxhing it right now. and i was just thinking. i watched 300 yesterday. and they used bronze. which is the same time period.listen im tired lol im having a problem thinking i dident get much sleep so im kiind of slow