• 157 results
#1 Posted by Alpha (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

Could earth's super-soldier defeat one from another world?

Captain America:

Physical attributes enhanced to peak of human potential. Expert martial artist and hand-to-hand combatant and all terrain acrobatics. Master tactician and field commander.

Weapon:

Vibranium-steel alloy shield

Shatterstar:

Superhuman senses, strength, speed, stamina, agility, flexibility, dexterity, reflexes, coordination, balance, and endurance. Has accelerated healing, enhanced learning capability and ability to generate bio-energies.

Weapon:

Dual Swords

#2 Posted by Alpha (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

C'mon! I thought this was a good one.

#3 Posted by Longshot (312 posts) - - Show Bio

Shatterstar.

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"C'mon! I thought this was a good one. "

It's 2:40 in the morning...

#5 Posted by Alpha (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Alpha says:
"C'mon! I thought this was a good one. "
It's 2:40 in the morning..."

Only 12:40 where I am.

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Alpha says:
" Only 12:40 where I am. "
Sorry, we're on the East Coast. LOL. I think Shatterstar would take this, though...
Post Edited:2008-06-03 03:03:52"

Agreed.

#7 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Only 12:40 where I am. "

Sorry, we're on the East Coast. LOL. I think Shatterstar would take this, though...
Post Edited:2008-06-03 03:03:52

#8 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

Shatterstar.

#9 Posted by Alpha (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow!i have to admit im surprised that Shatterstar is getting the vote.

I feel Cap would take him.

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Wow!i have to admit im surprised that Shatterstar is getting the vote. I feel Cap would take him. "

Cap really doesn't have a chance.Shatter is a very skilled combatant and he outclasses Cap.

#11 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America

#12 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Ace High says:

"Well Wolverine beat Shatterstar so bad he got on bended knee to apologise. So I am gonna guess that seeing as him and Cap are on the same level the result would be the same."

Nice

#13 Posted by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Wolverine beat Shatterstar so bad he got on bended knee to apologise. So I am gonna guess that seeing as him and Cap are on the same level the result would be the same.

#14 Posted by Alpha (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Alpha says:
"Wow!i have to admit im surprised that Shatterstar is getting the vote. I feel Cap would take him. "
Cap really doesn't have a chance.Shatter is a very skilled combatant and he outclasses Cap."

Well, I did a Taskmaster vs Shatterstar forum and most felt Taskmaster would win. If he could win, I big arguement for Cap could be made. Shatterstar isn't bringing anything that Cap hasn't dealt with B4. I feel he has faced greater opponents (Spiderman, Puma, and Black Panther).

#15 Posted by Alpha (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
Cap really doesn't have a chance.Shatter is a very skilled combatant and he outclasses Cap."
Well, I did a Taskmaster vs Shatterstar forum and most felt Taskmaster would win. If he could win, I big arguement for Cap could be made. Shatterstar isn't bringing anything that Cap hasn't dealt with B4. I feel he has faced greater opponents (Spiderman, Puma, and Black Panther). "
Yea but he can't beat Spider-man,Puma or Black Panther either."

He held his ground with Spidey during Civil War and except the fight shown by Hudlin (who sucks) he's never lost against Black Panther. He didn't fight Puma just was able to keep up with him and stopped him from leaving.

#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
Well, I did a Taskmaster vs Shatterstar forum and most felt Taskmaster would win. If he could win, I big arguement for Cap could be made. Shatterstar isn't bringing anything that Cap hasn't dealt with B4. I feel he has faced greater opponents (Spiderman, Puma, and Black Panther). "

Yea but he can't beat Spider-man,Puma or Black Panther either.

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
He held his ground with Spidey during Civil War and except the fight shown by Hudlin (who sucks) he's never lost against Black Panther. He didn't fight Puma just was able to keep up with him and stopped him from leaving. "

He failed to beat Tony Stark hand to hand...without his full armor on.

#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
He held his ground with Spidey during Civil War and except the fight shown by Hudlin (who sucks) he's never lost against Black Panther. He didn't fight Puma just was able to keep up with him and stopped him from leaving. "
He failed to beat Tony Stark hand to hand...without his full armor on."
What? He trained him and there is no way someone who couldn't fight before beat someone with Caps experience. If that happened (and I don't think it did) then some writer needs to be on the short bus. "

Where did you read Iron Man can't fight? Did you read Illuminati? Old Avengers? Extremis?

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Vance Astro says:
Actually theres two versions of the same story. I have the one where he beats Tony"

Tony holds his own in both scenarios.

#20 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

Actually theres two versions of the same story. I have the one where he beats Tony

#21 Posted by Alpha (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:

What? He trained him and there is no way someone who couldn't fight before beat someone with Caps experience. If that happened (and I don't think it did) then some writer needs to be on the short bus.

#22 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
Actually theres two versions of the same story. I have the one where he beats Tony"

Tony holds his own in both scenarios."

Come on man. Is that an accurate depiction of either character? Since when has Tony Stark ever been on the level of Cap in terms of hand to hand combat? That was purely plot and story line.

#23 Posted by Alpha (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
What? He trained him and there is no way someone who couldn't fight before beat someone with Caps experience. If that happened (and I don't think it did) then some writer needs to be on the short bus. "
Where did you read Iron Man can't fight? Did you read Illuminati? Old Avengers? Extremis?"
Cap taught him to fight, before that women like Madame Mask was kicking his but outside his armor. "
Your saying that like Madame Masque is Aunt May."

I'm saying Madame Mask wouldn't slap him around if he was a fighter B4 Cap showed him how.

#24 Posted by Alpha (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
Where did you read Iron Man can't fight? Did you read Illuminati? Old Avengers? Extremis?"

Cap taught him to fight, before that women like Madame Mask was kicking his but outside his armor.

#25 Posted by Alpha (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
Come on man. Is that an accurate depiction of either character? Since when has Tony Stark ever been on the level of Cap in terms of hand to hand combat? That was purely plot and story line."

Thank U!

#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
Cap taught him to fight, before that women like Madame Mask was kicking his but outside his armor. "

Your saying that like Madame Masque is Aunt May.

#27 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
Come on man. Is that an accurate depiction of either character? Since when has Tony Stark ever been on the level of Cap in terms of hand to hand combat? That was purely plot and story line."
The question is...when hasn't he? How often has Tony fought outside of the suit? The few times I seen him do it,he held his own.In Illuminati he dropped several skrulls in his undies.And that was before Extremis gave him healing factor and superhuman reflexes.
Post Edited:2008-06-03 04:25:20
#28 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
The question is...when hasn't he? How often has Tony fought outside of the suit? The few times I seen him do it,he held is own.In Illuminati is dropped several skrulls in his drawls..lol that rhymes."
That was after Cap showed him how to fight. I believe he mentions this after the fight. "

Ok..What's your point?

#29 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

The question is...when hasn't he? How often has Tony fought outside of the suit? The few times I seen him do it,he held is own.In Illuminati is dropped several skrulls in his drawls..lol that rhymes."

Holding your own and being on the level of Captain America are two different things. One could even say he was holding back. Seeing as how Cap knows moves that will kill, and didn't attempt to use any against Tony.

#30 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Vance Astro says:
Holding your own and being on the level of Captain America are two different things. One could even say he was holding back. Seeing as how Cap knows moves that will kill, and didn't attempt to use any against Tony."

Cap couldn't have killed Tony if he wanted to.

#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
That was after Cap showed him how to fight. I believe he mentions this after the fight. "
Ok..What's your point?"
That there is no way that after a few years after Cap taught him to fight that he would surpass Cap. What was your point bring up Tony in the first place? "

My point in bringing him up is Cap had a hard time with him...Shatterstar is a much better fighter than him.

#32 Posted by Alpha (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:

That was after Cap showed him how to fight. I believe he mentions this after the fight.

#33 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
Holding your own and being on the level of Captain America are two different things. One could even say he was holding back. Seeing as how Cap knows moves that will kill, and didn't attempt to use any against Tony."

Cap couldn't have killed Tony if he wanted to."

Okay but thats not the point I was making and I think you know that ;)

#34 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
Okay but thats not the point I was making and I think you know that ;)"

Ummm...nah,I really don't know what you were trying to say.

#35 Posted by Alpha (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
Ok..What's your point?"

That there is no way that after a few years after Cap taught him to fight that he would surpass Cap.

What was your point bring up Tony in the first place?

#36 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
Ok..What's your point?"
That there is no way that after a few years after Cap taught him to fight that he would surpass Cap. What was your point bring up Tony in the first place? "
My point in bringing him up is Cap had a hard time with him...Shatterstar is a much better fighter than him."
Ok, I'm not sure what Cap your are talking about but I'm taking about one of the best (if not the best) hand to hand fighters in the Marvel U. The guy that most feel would beat Batman. What is Shatterstar bringing to the table that Cap hasn't beaten before? "

Who has Cap beaten with Shatterstar's ability and skill set?

#37 Posted by Alpha (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
Ok..What's your point?"
My point in bringing him up is Cap had a hard time with him...Shatterstar is a much better fighter than him."

Ok, I'm not sure what Cap your are talking about but I'm taking about one of the best (if not the best) hand to hand fighters in the Marvel U. The guy that most feel would beat Batman. What is Shatterstar bringing to the table that Cap hasn't beaten before?

#38 Posted by Alpha (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
Ok..What's your point?"
Ok, I'm not sure what Cap your are talking about but I'm taking about one of the best (if not the best) hand to hand fighters in the Marvel U. The guy that most feel would beat Batman. What is Shatterstar bringing to the table that Cap hasn't beaten before? "
Who has Cap beaten with Shatterstar's ability and skill set?"

Who hasn't he beaten would be a better question, but I will answer yours. How about Iron Fist? And though they didn't fight long enough for a winner, he got in more licks than Spidey did.

#39 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

Tony has superhuman reflexes...."

And?

#40 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:

Ummm...nah,I really don't know what you were trying to say."

That Cap held back against Tony. Did he use his shield? He's fast enough to dodge bullets but not punches from a guy he isnt use to fighting without his suit? Yeah that makes all the since in the world. Like I said it was purely story line unless you can show me Tony performing anything close to Cap's hand to hand feats, minus one story.

#41 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alpha I asked you who he beat on Shatter's level and you give me a fight he didn't win?

#42 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Who has Cap beaten with Shatterstar's ability and skill set?"

Wolverine, Black Panther, Taskmaster, U.S. Agent, Half the freakin Marvel U man come on. Who has Shatterstar beaten?

#43 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Gambler says:
"Vance Astro says:
Ummm...nah,I really don't know what you were trying to say."
That Cap held back against Tony. Did he use his shield? He's fast enough to dodge bullets but not punches from a guy he isnt use to fighting without his suit? Yeah that makes all the since in the world. Like I said it was purely story line unless you can show me Tony performing anything close to Cap's hand to hand feats, minus one story."

Tony has superhuman reflexes....

#44 Posted by Alpha (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"@Alpha I asked you who he beat on Shatter's level and you give me a fight he didn't win?"

You don't feel that Iron Fist is on his level?

#45 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking at the fight right now, and the term "Holding his own" is a loose interpretation. Cap easily handled him in that fight and at the end Tony is on the ground on all fours. Cap was clearly the victor. Even in the training flashbacks he says he's not ready for a prizefight, but should be able to handle low level street punks. Tony is nowhere near Cap in terms of hand to hand combat.

#46 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Vance Astro says:
Tony has superhuman reflexes...."
And?"

That's how Cap isn't so easily able to dodge his punches.Sure he dodges bullets but people with Superhuman reflexes can get hits off.I don't think Spider-man or Black Panther's punches come as fast as bullets do.

#47 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Vance Astro says:
"@Alpha I asked you who he beat on Shatter's level and you give me a fight he didn't win?"
You don't feel that Iron Fist is on his level? "

No,I think Iron Fist is above his level.

#48 Posted by Alpha (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
No,I think Iron Fist is above his level."

I'm talking about Shatterstar. Iron Fist being on Shatterstar level. And Cap beat Iron Fist once.

#49 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Alpha says:
"Vance Astro says:
No,I think Iron Fist is above his level."
I'm talking about Shatterstar. Iron Fist being on Shatterstar level. And Cap beat Iron Fist once. "

Oh...when did Cap beat Iron Fist because he's had an increase in skill and strength.

#50 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Gambler says:
"I'm looking at the fight right now, and the term "Holding his own" is a loose interpretation. Cap easily handled him in that fight and at the end Tony is on the ground on all fours. Cap was clearly the victor. Even in the training flashbacks he says he's not ready for a prizefight, but should be able to handle low level street punks. Tony is nowhere near Cap in terms of hand to hand combat."

=( Yea well...I'm not done with you just yet."

Hahaah well it'll have to be later on today cause I'm checking out.