Captain America runs the Sci-Fi Gauntlet

dontevenblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dontevenblink

Steve Rogers (comic version) at his peak condition is magically sent through several wormholes and enters other Sci-Fi franchises... Everyone is in character with standard gear unless stated otherwise, random encounter but some how motivated to win by any standard elimination they can manage. Cap is fully recovered after each round, and gets a minute or two to look at and assess his opponent before the fight begins. and for argument's sake, let's say his shield CANNOT be broken or penetrated by anything here, because reasons.

Fights take place in decently lit Colosseum type arena with sand floor and nice and shiny Adamantium/Vibranium walls. I might not have the rounds in perfect order...

Round 1- Jet Li (The One. maybe no shield for Cap?)

Round 2- Khan (Star Trek Into Darkness, with a knife)

Round 3- RoboCop (2014, no guns)

Round 4- Rinzler (Tron Legacy 2010, dual discs)

Round 5- Two Xenomorphs

Round 6- Elite Predator (only gets wrist blades and one spear)

Round 7- Riddick (all movie feats, with 2 knives)

Round 8- Protoss Zealot (Starcraft 2, no energy shield)

Round 9- Sarah Kerrigan (in her HotS white suit, but no psionics. just her physicals)

Round 10- Darth Maul (Phantom Menace... remember, i'm saying his saber can be blocked sufficiently by the shield)

Bonus Round- everyone mentioned, but in a Free For All, who comes out on top?

thanks for commenting! i haven't read that much of Cap, so i'm genuinely interested to see how many he can beat here...

sorry the images are out of order :-/

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Oh boy... you are giving Cap some credit and I'm a Cap fan. =) Here's my initial thoughts.

Round 1- Jet Li from The One - he barely clears and could lose. The final bad guy was a beast and honestly... I'll give it Cap due to his shield and the villains level of arrogance.

Round 2- Khan (Star Trek Into Darkness, with a knife) Cap clears with moderate difficulty. Physicals are about the same and the shield gives him the advantage.

Round 3- Riddick (all movie feats, with 2 knives) Probably stops here 8/10 times. Again, Cap's shield could help. Riddick's superhuman feats are at least comparable to Caps.

Round 4- RoboCop (2014, no guns) (didn't see it)

Round 5- Three Xenomorphs (his skin is magically immune to their acid blood, but his armor isn't) I would think he stops here 7/10. Three attacking... too many weapons coming at him at once. One of them is going to land a tail strike on him. Cap can take being stabbed through once, maybe twice but that's it. If they swarm, this is over in a hurry.

Round 6- Elite Predator (only gets wrist blades and one spear) I actually think he clears this with little-moderate difficulty.

Round 7- Protoss Zealot (Starcraft 2) (don't know it)

Round 8- Rinzler (Tron Legacy 2010, dual discs) Cap clears pretty easily. I saw no evidence that Rinzler was close to his level in strength or skill. The discs get blocked and Cap gets a fairly easy win.

Round 9- Sarah Kerrigan (in her HotS white suit, but no psionics. just her physicals) (don't know who this is)

Round 10- Darth Maul (Phantom Menace... remember, i'm saying his saber can be blocked sufficiently by the shield) Not sure... I'd think force choking would grant Darth Maul an easy win but he never seemed to use it. I doubt Cap could be prepared for Darth Maul force pushing away his shield too. I'd think Darth Maul wins pretty handily due to his force tricks. No force tricks, Cap can beat him.

Bonus Round- everyone mentioned, but in a Free For All, who comes out on top? Riddick or Captain America, depending on luck and who goes after whom first.

dontevenblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dontevenblink

@quickfingers26: a fair assessment i think. Starcraft 2 is definitely worth checking out, even if you just wanna watch the cut-scenes on youtube. :)

here's a clip of her showing some muscle... (till 0:52) he isn't fighting back, but it still shows her raw power.

Kerrigan vs. Zeratul

sorry the vid wouldn't work when i tried to insert it... :-\

...anyway, maybe there should only be 1 or 2 xenomorphs for round 5? and yeah, let's say Maul can't TP Cap or his shield directly, but still has his force enhancements, etc. to be fairer.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Either stops at Riddick or Elite Predator, there is where it can go either way.

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dontevenblink: Two xenomorphs seems challenging enough to require some thought or discussion. I'd also change the acid blood to have its normal effect. No need to handicap the creatures. Cap can deal with a little acid getting on himself. For the most part he's not going to use piercing slashing attacks, so there is not a high likelihood he would get enough on him to cripple himself during the fight itself. If he beats the Xenomorphs, it will likely be due to shield bashes to stun/incapacitate/concuss the creatures. Then he would either try and break their necks or decapitate with his shield. Surprise... it's acid blood! Live and learn Steve. =)

Riddick fight is going to draw a lot of controversy, so you may want to bump that back a few rounds. Otherwise, great gauntlet and I normally dislike sci-fi. Hope you get a lot of feedback on your thread.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Not getting past Riddick.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depending if its day or not, he may not get past riddick, if he does get past him he aint getting past the three xenos

dontevenblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok for me... The order is mostly spot on and I believe he can clear 1-5 & 8.

After 5 (and excluding 8 imo) it will likely be more grueling. Again I am not familiar with some of the characters. Riddick and Darth Maul will be fun to watch people debate about.

I got to ask @dontevenblink are you really Rick Remender? Putting Steve Rogers through something like this is brutal. LOL

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably stops at Predator

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely stops on Maul.

From 1-4 rounds he clears but then I am not sure if Xenomorphs can aplly their acid on him or just bleed on him then he might lose.

dontevenblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quickfingers26: lol i wish i was someone with a known name! i actually want to make similar threads for other popular characters here where they face off against non-comic characters just to see how it goes... :D

should i replace the Zealot with a "visible" Dark Templar to make it more of a challenge maybe?

@penderor: i actually had him "magically immune to their acid blood" in the OP at first, but was reminded that he mostly uses blunt force anyway, so it might not be an issue. if you think it makes a big enough difference, i can put that stipulation back...

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dontevenblink: No its not that big difference just saying it could pull them few wins but not majority.

Drew_Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might even stop at 1. Jet Li from the One could move fast enough to speed blitz a bunch of swat cops. He was moving fast enough that he could pummel them while some were in mid air falling in slow mo. Only rounds i see him potentially clearing are robocop, khan, rinzler and maybe the two xenomorphs.

In the bonus FFA round i think the protoss zealot could come out on top, seeing Sarah doesnt have her psionics really reduces her potential.

dontevenblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP! :)

...what if it was Bucky or Falcon in his place?

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Night4345

I don't know why Xenomorphs are a big deal. I see no reason Cap can't double decap bounce throw ftw.