Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Mayhem_Theory
Characters:
Captain America     versus     Nova

Restrictions (not rounds):
1. Steve has a Nova Suit and similar abilities to Richard.     2. Morals on for both.     3. Winner via knock-out, submission, and/or incapacitation.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jojjimbo

Nova is more experience using his powers, I'm gonna go with him.

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TheSuperHuman

I forgot which comic that Steve wore the helmet, I must find! But, I vote for Steve.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@jojjimbo said:

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jojjimbo said:

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By FourthDeity

@jojjimbo said:

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By ShootingNova

@jojjimbo said:

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ThanoStomp

The OP says "1. Steve has a Nova Suit and similar abilities to Richard." If that means he has the same ability to control his powers, then Steve takes this. Much better tatically.

If that's note what #1 means. Richard wins due to reasons stated above.

DangerousLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DangerousLoki

Does Steve have his Shield still? Because that would make a massive difference. If we're talking Captain America with Nova's power and not just Steve Rogers as Nova then it changes alot.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@ThanoStomp said:

The OP says "1. Steve has a Nova Suit and similar abilities to Richard." If that means he has the same ability to control his powers, then Steve takes this. Much better tatically.

If that's note what #1 means. Richard wins due to reasons stated above.

Not what it means. It just means that he has the same powers as Richard.

And yeah, Richard stomps.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@DangerousLoki said:

Does Steve have his Shield still? Because that would make a massive difference. If we're talking Captain America with Nova's power and not just Steve Rogers as Nova then it changes alot.

... yes, the shield is the deciding factor. The same shield that can be taken away from him with a gravity beam.

Cap's shield solos.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By Erik

@ChaosBlazer said:

@jojjimbo said:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@jojjimbo said:

@ShootingNova said:

@jojjimbo said:

@JediXMan:

With the Worldmind, that would be irrelevant. But besides that, Rogers has the ability to master anything nearly instantly.

DangerousLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DangerousLoki

@JediXMan: Your sarcasm is noted and dismissed for it's clear lack of understanding sir. I'm not saying it decides the outcome as it does change the factors. Everyone's been arguing that Nova wins because he's more experienced but a large portion of that relies heavily on how you look at the battle. The difference comes if this Stever Rogers with Nova Powers, which woulld just be Nova fighting a less experienced version of himself versus Captain America with Nova Powers in which he would be facing a man wielding a weapon he's extrodinarily proficient with, with high level combat skills, and his own power. The two scenarios pose unique challenges and advantages and disadvantages. It's just like if you give him a Green Lantern ring and put him against Hal Jordan or Quantum bands and put him against Quasar. If your just looking at him using only Nova's power against Nova then that's different then if you're thinking of Captain America bringing everything he has to the table and adding to it.

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheSuperHuman
@The_Mayhem_Theory said:
Restrictions (not rounds):
1. Steve has a Nova Suit and similar abilities to Richard.     2. Morals on for both.     3. Winner via knock-out, submission, and/or incapacitation.
People need to read what's inside the brackets. It says NOT ROUNDS. Which makes this a single round where Steve has Nova's powers only.
TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheDude123

Stalemate: Caps SSS+Shield=Nova's vast experience with the Nova force.

If Cap doesn't have his shield then Nova wins after a really good fight.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Erik

Steve.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jeanroygrant

@jojjimbo said:

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Erik

@Erik said:

Steve.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jojjimbo

@Erik said:

@ChaosBlazer said:

@jojjimbo said:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@jojjimbo said:

@ShootingNova said:

@jojjimbo said:

@JediXMan:

With the Worldmind, that would be irrelevant. But besides that, Rogers has the ability to master anything nearly instantly.

What???? where the hell did you come up with that nonsense?? and the Worldmind does not give Rogers Richards combat experience with the Nova suit nor equal knowledge of the Nova Force, these are things one learns over time, I'm sorry but your wrong on all points. i still believe Richard wins do to his experience and far better understanding of the Nova-Force.

P.S. I think you're confusing Captain America with Batman...

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By utotheg38

@JediXMan said:

@DangerousLoki said:

... yes, the shield is the deciding factor. The same shield that can be taken away from him with a gravity beam.

Cap's shield solos.

lmao

Screen capped

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Erik

@jojjimbo said:

What???? where the hell did you come up with that nonsense??

The comics.

and the Worldmind does not give Rogers Richards combat experience with the Nova suit nor equal knowledge of the Nova Force,

Never said it did.

these are things one learns over time,

Considering the Worldmind does most of the work for Rider, I doubt that.

I'm sorry but your wrong on all points.

If you even knew what I was talking about or the subject matter, this claim would have been taken seriously.

i still believe Richard wins do to his experience and far better understanding of the Nova-Force.

More experience but not necessarily better understanding.

P.S. I think you're confusing Captain America with Batman...

Fantastic. Not only have you shown your ignorance with Nova, but you have with Batman and Captain America as well. This pleases me.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jojjimbo

@Erik:

The comics.

Stop lying, Captain America has never been portrayed as a character that can almost instantly learns and become a master of every and anything as you claim...that's complete and utter nonsense.

Never said it did.

You implied it when you said "With the Worldmind, that would be irrelevant" to my original post, So...how is that not claiming that the Worldmind some how gives Rogers all of Richards combat experience with the Nova Force? something that one can only learn through trial and error. which was what i had said in my original post, and still believe that is the case, Richard wins do to his experience.

Considering the Worldmind does most of the work for Rider, I doubt that.

Ok, this statement shows your ignorance of the character, you seem to think that Richard just stand there and the suit does almost all the work...the suit assist him. but Richard in the end is the one that makes the decisions, so...again, Richard has the advantage because he is the more experience user of the Nova Force in this fight(by a mile) and his experience is something that is learn over time.

If you even knew what I was talking about or the subject matter, this claim would have been taken seriously.

Alright, i was under the impression that we where talking about the topic, which is Captain America with a Nova suit vs Nova(Richard Rider) which is the subject matter. but if i have some how miss understood you in some way, then please clarify yourself. but, i don't believe i have.

More experience but not necessarily better understanding.

More experience but not necessarily better understanding? what is it your trying to imply with this statement, are you saying that Cap would some how have better or equal understanding of the Nova Force then Richard? alright...ill bite on this one, lets say for the sake of argument. that Richards understanding of the NF is miniscule...it would still be far greater then Caps understanding of it, do to the fact that Richard has had a lot more time in dealing with his powers. so either way you try to argue it...Richard still wins do to his better experience/understanding of his powers how ever miniscule you may believe they are.

Fantastic. Not only have you shown your ignorance with Nova, but you have with Batman and Captain America as well. This pleases me.

Sure, I'm the ignorant one, and i'm the one making ridiculous statements. like the Wolrdmind giving Cap all of Richard years of experience and understanding of the Nova Force, or claiming that Captain can almost instantly learn anything, and i don't know what i said about Batman that is ignorant...people on this site and on other sites always claim that Batman can instantly learn any device or technology in sec..that's what they say. and my comment on you confusing the two was a sarcastic one, because as far as I'm concerned your the only one I've come across here that makes such a bogus claim, Cap isn't a Batman/Brainiac/Black Panther/Dr.Doom type character...

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Erik

@jojjimbo:

Stop lying, Captain America has never been portrayed as a character that can almost instantly learns and become a master of every and anything as you claim...that's complete and utter nonsense.

Eh...

No Caption Provided
You implied it when you said "With the Worldmind, that would be irrelevant" to my original post, So...how is that not claiming that the Worldmind some how gives Rogers all of Richards combat experience with the Nova Force? something that one can only learn through trial and error. which was what i had said in my original post, and still believe that is the case, Richard wins do to his experience.

No. I did not imply anything. He had absolutely no problem using the Nova force when he had it either. In fact, Rogers used it with ease. The Worldmind does most of the thinking for Rider. Rider basically points and shoots.

Ok, this statement shows your ignorance of the character, you seem to think that Richard just stand there and the suit does almost all the work...the suit assist him. but Richard in the end is the one that makes the decisions, so...again, Richard has the advantage because he is the more experience user of the Nova Force in this fight(by a mile) and his experience is something that is learn over time.

Actually I think my statement shows that I know more about Nova than you. Rider makes the decisions but Worldmind does all the calculations, makes strategic suggestions, provides the information, etc. The experience is irrelevant due to these things. If both had the Worldmind, there is nothing that Rider could do that Rogers could not also do. And considering Rogers' abilities...

Alright, i was under the impression that we where talking about the topic, which is Captain America with a Nova suit vs Nova(Richard Rider) which is the subject matter. but if i have some how miss understood you in some way, then please clarify yourself. but, i don't believe i have.

Judging by the manner in which you post, I am surprised you understand anything at all.

More experience but not necessarily better understanding? what is it your trying to imply with this statement, are you saying that Cap would some how have better or equal understanding of the Nova Force then Richard? alright...ill bite on this one, lets say for the sake of argument. that Richards understanding of the NF is miniscule...it would still be far greater then Caps understanding of it, do to the fact that Richard has had a lot more time in dealing with his powers. so either way you try to argue it...Richard still wins do to his better experience/understanding of his powers how ever miniscule you may believe they are.

Wrong. Time does not equal knowledge or understanding. I can sit you in a advanced calculus class and let you play with the numbers all you want for 6 months but a mathematical savant with no previous experience in calculus is still going to come in and crush you in moments.

Sure, I'm the ignorant one, and i'm the one making ridiculous statements. like the Wolrdmind giving Cap all of Richard years of experience and understanding of the Nova Force, or claiming that Captain can almost instantly learn anything, and i don't know what i said about Batman that is ignorant...people on this site and on other sites always claim that Batman can instantly learn any device or technology in sec..that's what they say. and my comment on you confusing the two was a sarcastic one, because as far as I'm concerned your the only one I've come across here that makes such a bogus claim, Cap isn't a Batman/Brainiac/Black Panther/Dr.Doom type character...

I never said the Worldmind is going to give Rogers anything. But Rogers does master things almost instantly. Also, learning something =/= mastering something. Batman is a genius but even he has human limits. If not, he would have learned to be a kung fu ninja master in seconds, not over the course of a decade.

And Jesus, it is "due" not "do".

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jojjimbo

@Erik:

Eh...

Yes because we're supposed to take everything said in comics at face value, also notice Beast said "Weapon" not "anything" as you originally claimed. which is a totally different argument. the Nova Force is a power not a weapon. it far more complex then a M16, AK47, M1901, 357 Magnum, to learn and even master.

No. I did not imply anything. He had absolutely no problem using the Nova force when he had it either. In fact, Rogers used it with ease. The Worldmind does most of the thinking for Rider. Rider basically points and shoots.

Yes it was implied, otherwise what is being refuted?, I originally posted that do to his better understanding/experience of the Nova Force Rider win...you on the other had claimed that do to the Woldmind it is irrelevant, which one would conclude that some how Rogers receives understanding/experience of the VF equal to Richard through the Worldmind making his(Richard) experience/understanding null and void. and just because Rogers may have been able to use the suit with what you refer to as ease dose not make him a master at it, nor does it prove he could use the NF with the same efficiency Rider can. according to your view it is a miracle that Rider lived long enough to get that upgrade...

Actually I think my statement shows that I know more about Nova than you. Rider makes the decisions but Worldmind does all the calculations, makes strategic suggestions, provides the information, etc. The experience is irrelevant due to these things. If both had the Worldmind, there is nothing that Rider could do that Rogers could not also do. And considering Rogers' abilities...

Actually this does shows how little you know about this character, prior to his suit upgrade which added the Worldmind, Rider had no problem doing all these thing by himself...and seeing as Rider was a master of his powers before the the upgrade, one would only assume that the upgrade augmented his already formidable powers and enhances his abilities further, and not subtract from them...so give Rider a little more credit he is not some mindless puppet that is controlled by the Worldmind...Rider was doing those things you said above way before the Worldmind was added to his suit, Experience wins out.

Judging by the manner in which you post, I am surprised you understand anything at all.

Wrong. Time does not equal knowledge or understanding. I can sit you in a advanced calculus class and let you play with the numbers all you want for 6 months but a mathematical savant with no previous experience in calculus is still going to come in and crush you in moments.

Why are you using a rare occurrence to make your point, in that case Rain Man would be more knowledgeable than me at counting cards (I'm using a Rain Man movie reference for those of you who don't get it) and in that one exception you would be right...but, seeing as Steve isn't a savant...i fail to see how this proves me wrong? or how knowledge and understanding does not come with time.

I never said the Worldmind is going to give Rogers anything. But Rogers does master things almost instantly. Also, learning something =/= mastering something. Batman is a genius but even he has human limits. If not, he would have learned to be a kung fu ninja master in seconds, not over the course of a decade.

Ok maybe i miss understood your post and your not claiming that the Worldmind gives Steve all of Richards experience with the NF, but you are definitely implying that just because Steve can use the NF and the Worldmind is assisting him that some how that make his equal or better than someone who has been using this same power for a lot longer and even before the Worldmind was added...also learning to use something does not make you a master at it, My sister learned to play the piano a few years ago, and shes good, but she is no Beethoven, Liberace or Jerry Lee Lewis, now Steve is a Master of most Weapons and Fighting styles that's true, but it took Steve time just like Batman. he didn't learn it instantly. you need to take what is said in comic sometimes with a gain of salt, especially when it is not back up or proven consistently in the comics.

And Jesus, it is "due" not "do".

You could make fun of my miss spelling all you want...it wont help you win this argument, that's just childish.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Erik

@jojjimbo:

Yes because we're supposed to take everything said in comics at face value, also notice Beast said "Weapon" not "anything" as you originally claimed. which is a totally different argument. the Nova Force is a power not a weapon. it far more complex then a M16, AK47, M1901, 357 Magnum, to learn and even master.

I am glad you decided to take this route. This is a perfect example of the user that argues out of ignorance and when shown facts that completely disprove their previous statement, dig their heels in further and outright refuse it, simply because they are now so invested in the argument, they do not even have the dignity to admit when they are wrong.

Furthermore, there is no reason at all the serum would only perfect his proficiency with weapons and nothing else. That is beyond stupid logic. The discussion for the panel used was why Steve got a highly complex and never before seen weapon to use during an op and Moon Knight only got a gun that could shoot crescents. So context of the conversation matters. Then there was the fact that Steve used the Nova Force effortlessly and with less trouble than Rider did when he first took on the Worldmind. There really is no point in continuing this discussion with you. You took one look at facts and buried your head in the sand. Everyone gets to see you not only lose the debate that has spiraled into an argument, but losing it without a shred of grace for as long as this site exists. I am satisfied with that.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jojjimbo

@Erik said:

@jojjimbo:

I am glad you decided to take this route. This is a perfect example of the user that argues out of ignorance and when shown facts that completely disprove their previous statement, dig their heels in further and outright refuse it, simply because they are now so invested in the argument, they do not even have the dignity to admit when they are wrong.

Furthermore, there is no reason at all the serum would only perfect his proficiency with weapons and nothing else. That is beyond stupid logic. The discussion for the panel used was why Steve got a highly complex and never before seen weapon to use during an op and Moon Knight only got a gun that could shoot crescents. So context of the conversation matters. Then there was the fact that Steve used the Nova Force effortlessly and with less trouble than Rider did when he first took on the Worldmind. There really is no point in continuing this discussion with you. You took one look at facts and buried your head in the sand. Everyone gets to see you not only lose the debate that has spiraled into an argument, but losing it without a shred of grace for as long as this site exists. I am satisfied with that.

What fact?, one single claim made by Beast does not make it fact, ridiculous claims about characters are made in comics all the time...and most of them are complete nonsense, Captain America has never been portrayed as the type of character that can instantly learn anything at will, are you telling me if he puts his mind to it, he'll be able to match Tony in suit building?, or become a better/equal gadget maker than Reed? you're reading too much into that bogus claim, and once again, just because he was able to use the suit...does not mean he will be better then Richard at it.

Also, keep thinking you've won this debate, you still haven't proven how Rogers will beat Rider, the Worldmind will not help him since both have it so that's wash, that just leave experience and knowledge with the NF, which heavily favors Richard, but by all means keep thinking you've won.

AKA_TERMINATOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AKA_TERMINATOR

Nova

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Erik

@jojjimbo said:

@Erik said:

@jojjimbo:

What fact?, one single claim made by Beast does not make it fact, ridiculous claims about characters are made in comics all the time...and most of them are complete nonsense, Captain America has never been portrayed as the type of character that can instantly learn anything at will, are you telling me if he puts his mind to it, he'll be able to match Tony in suit building?, or become a better/equal gadget maker than Reed? you're reading too much into that bogus claim, and once again, just because he was able to use the suit...does not mean he will be better then Richard at it.

Also, keep thinking you've won this debate, you still haven't proven how Rogers will beat Rider, the Worldmind will not help him since both have it so that's wash, that just leave experience and knowledge with the NF, which heavily favors Richard, but by all means keep thinking you've won.

Do you have a shred of counter-evidence? No? I thought not. I suppose you have not heard of retcons either.

LOL Your example of comparing Reed and Tony to Cap is as flawed as the rest of your flaccid argument. Tony's specialty is not in "derpy suit building", he is a genius engineer. Reed is a genius in theoretical and experimental physics. But Tony cannot match Reed in his respective field and Reed cannot match Tony in his... at least not without cheating. Following your childish logic, they would not be able to make the claim at such genius because this specialty does not encompass all fields.

Rogers will beat Rider because he can use the Nova Force better than Rider can. This was displayed in the very issue this thread was inspired from. When do you plan on proving that wrong? Not to worry though, I can wait for you to come up with another evidence dodging post that offers nothing in return other than, "RIDAH IS DA POWAH MAXIMUM DO TO EXPERIUNCE!!!"

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Richard in a bloody curbstomp

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nova wins as long as cap doesnt have his shield haha

Aquille_AlmyT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jojjimbo: i totally agree with you ! you clearly know that nova isnt someone who should be underestimated. He rapes rogers.

@erik: it really seems as if you're riding rogers' dick bro. There is absolutely no evidence that he can master the nova force or utilize it in such a way which is superior to that of richard. I mean if you had some evidence of rogers practically mastering some sort of power or great weapon without breakin a sweat your posts would be absolutely brilliant x_x. There are numerous times where Worldmind 'suggests' maneuver or tactic and rider ignores it or tells worldmind to shut up. Nova has had his powers since the New Warriors with years of experience. i dont think cap is gonna gain that understanding in one battle but if so...... please prove me wrong :)

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: it really seems as if you're riding rogers' dick bro. There is absolutely no evidence that he can master the nova force or utilize it in such a way which is superior to that of richard. I mean if you had some evidence of rogers practically mastering some sort of power or great weapon without breakin a sweat your posts would be absolutely brilliant x_x. There are numerous times where Worldmind 'suggests' maneuver or tactic and rider ignores it or tells worldmind to shut up. Nova has had his powers since the New Warriors with years of experience. i dont think cap is gonna gain that understanding in one battle but if so...... please prove me wrong :)

Not that I'm rooting for either side....

But for what it's worth, Steve once wore the Nova helmet with the Worldmind in Secret Avengers, so he's not entirely new to the Nova Force.

Also, not to point out the obvious, but the reply you're quoting was posted one year ago. And you might want to keep the profanity to a minimum.

Aquille_AlmyT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: i know but some experience doesnt imply that that he's gonna master or understand it in more than Richard who has had it since his teenage years.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: i know but some experience doesnt imply that that he's gonna master or understand it in more than Richard who has had it since his teenage years.

I get that, I was just making a note of it.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ryder has way too many feats of epic proportions as Nova Prime. Ryder wins 10/10. I can't think of any advantages Cap would have over Ryder. Cap is strategic, but so is Nova. Nova led armies consisted of soldiers from across the galaxy and beat Annihilus and his Annihilation Wave while Cap was involved in a unnecessary war over a superhero registration law. I'm not trying to put down Cap, he's incredible and Civil War was a silly PIS event so I don't judge him on that alone, but give Nova credit where it's due.

At best, Cap will be as good as Ryder, but there is no way he will be better then Ryder. Ryder wasn't a punk kid anymore when he became Nova Prime. He matured into a battle hardened veteran and leader. He was basically the cosmic equivalent of Cap, but with a million times more power.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also Erik's been banned he's not going to reply to you

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I said it before...and ill say it again Richards wins do to his experience period.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jojjimbo

@dondave: If you don't mind me asking, why was he bannned?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jojjimbo said:

@dondave: If you don't mind me asking, why was he bannned?

He got into an argument Sara Lima and was eventually banned

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers