Captain America (Lvenger) vs Kraven (ComicStooge)

• 74 results
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By ComicStooge

Poll Captain America (Lvenger) vs Kraven (ComicStooge) (42 votes)

Handsome Debating Genius A (Lvenger) 50%
Handsome Debating Genius B (ComicStooge) 50%

Fight takes place:

Time Square

Rules

- Current versions of both characters

- Morals off

- Win via KO, Kill or Incapacitation

- Kraven has his standard hunting gear (though no laser nipples)

- Cap has his trusty shield

- Kraven starts under the MacDonald's sign

- Steve starts under the whisky billboard

- Civilians are not there, but cars (empty) are still present

- No prep

• 
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

@lvenger: I'm back home tomorrow i'll give your debate a good look over then. :)

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I will come back to this. Looks good!

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once again an excellent debate.

I really, really like these CaV.

For this one, very difficult to make a decision, but at the end, I'll give my vote to ComicStooge.

But congratulation to Lvenger for the good fight.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ComicStooge

@lvenger said:

@cadencev2: Thanks for taking the time to read this Cadence! I really appreciate it :)

So that makes it 1 to me and 1 to you @comicstooge. It's already closer than our last debate :P

It's 2-1, my favour now.

But yes, it is closer than out last debate. Maybe if I win we'll have to do a tie breaker later.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#55  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Comicstooge. Good debate on both sides, but I felt like Lvenger had a few inaccuracies here and there which stood out more and that ended up costing him my vote.

Well done.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ugh sorry forgot about this thread. Will give it a thorough read through and come back with a vote ;)

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By laflux

Comicstooge. Good debate on both sides, but I felt like Lvenger had a few inaccuracies here and there which stood out more and that ended up costing him my vote.

Well done.

Pretty much this.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#58  Edited By Lvenger
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: @god_spawn: Since the debate is over, I'd be curious to hear what kind of inconsistencies you gentlemen saw in my arguments. This was my first proper street level debate so even with a street leveller I know like Cap, it's not my strongest suit.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge @lvenger

Sweet Christmas, this was a long debate to read! But a really enjoyable and high-quality one too, and both sides did a solid job. And as always, the standard of decorum you guys keep while debating is to be applauded.

Now, completely devoid of any personal bias, I can actually say in good judgment that my vote goes to Lvenger. Not because I think Cap would beat Kraven necessarily, but because I feel he put forward the better argument.

There were a few missteps on L's part (Cap knocking out Wolverine had a lot of context behind it), but he really put a strong emphasis on Cap's advantages. The fighting skill section especially was superb, you broke out the big guns in terms of scans, and CS couldn't put up a strong rebuttal for that. I was also impressed by the number of Kraven feats you dispelled with counterarguments and context.

I will say that CS, on a theoretical level, brings forth a very persuasive argument for why Kraven would best Cap (particularly in his closing statement). But I found the execution of scans and rebuttals to be a little lacking. That's not to say it was a bad argument, just that I felt whenever Kraven feats were put up, L was able to respond consistently with counterarguments that weren't successfully refuted.

Also, sorry to single this one out, but the Hawkeye catching the shield scan seems to be questionable in a battle context - largely because Buck appeared to be training with it, not fighting, and Bucky is clearly not as skilled as Steve is with the shield. But don't get me wrong, you still put up a tough fight, especially coming down with pneumonia mid-debate ;)

Once again, congrats to the both of you for another entertaining CaV.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Lvenger

@comicstooge: Do you think we should put that voting is open in the title or call it a day here and make you the winner of this debate? Also, I know this is a tad late to bring it up but someone pointed out to me that Cap has several feats of resistance to poisons and other such diseases and ailments in the past. So even if he did get tagged by Kraven's poison darts or poisoned blades, it might not be a deciding factor in KOing Cap. I'll show you what I mean

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ComicStooge

@lvenger said:

@comicstooge: Do you think we should put that voting is open in the title or call it a day here and make you the winner of this debate? Also, I know this is a tad late to bring it up but someone pointed out to me that Cap has several feats of resistance to poisons and other such diseases and ailments in the past. So even if he did get tagged by Kraven's poison darts or poisoned blades, it might not be a deciding factor in KOing Cap. I'll show you what I mean

Venom is also resistant to poison, yet Kraven's poisons still effected him, so his poison seems to be strong enough to overcome resistance to toxins.

How about we wait a day or 2?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Agreed. More time to spare for voters to come in. Though traffic has somewhat slowed down on that regard. Oh and Cap's overcome poisons that have managed to affect even fully fledged superhumans so there's just as good a chance that Cap won't be affected by Kraven's poisons or can kick his metabolic systems into recovering from it quickly.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@comicstooge: Agreed. More time to spare for voters to come in. Though traffic has somewhat slowed down on that regard. Oh and Cap's overcome poisons that have managed to affect even fully fledged superhumans so there's just as good a chance that Cap won't be affected by Kraven's poisons or can kick his metabolic systems into recovering from it quickly.

Fair enough, I'll leave it there.

WE REQUIRE VOTES. (Would you mind inviting a group?)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ComicStooge

@lvenger: Alright, I think 8 days is enough.

Sorry we didn't get more votes, dude. :'(

Thanks for the awesome debate again, man. I wouldn't have been the least bit surprised if the result were to have changed, had more people voted.

Since I technically won this one, that makes us even. We'll have to go best out of 3 sometime in the future, huh? ;)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Ah well, it can't be helped. You won on the poll votes anyway too so that's a resounding victory on your part. A lot of street level experts were pointing out some flaws in my post so I don't think I'd have gained the edge over you eventually. Thanks for the great debate my friend and I think we do need to go best out of 3 to see who'll be the victor at some point :P

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@comicstooge: Ah well, it can't be helped. You won on the poll votes anyway too so that's a resounding victory on your part. A lot of street level experts were pointing out some flaws in my post so I don't think I'd have gained the edge over you eventually. Thanks for the great debate my friend and I think we do need to go best out of 3 to see who'll be the victor at some point :P

Sounds good! Maybe using Mid-tier characters next time?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

That's what I was thinking too. We've done high and low tier so a middle tier debate seems to be the way to go :)

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ComicStooge

@lvenger said:

@comicstooge said:

@lvenger said:

That's what I was thinking too. We've done high and low tier so a middle tier debate seems to be the way to go :)

I go on holidays in 2 weeks (not including this week), so I'll have plenty of free time if you're interested in doing it then.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: I'll be starting uni in less than 2 weeks today so I'm gonna have to spend less time on here in the future. But I'll be sure to sort something out with you on the tie breaker debate.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@comicstooge: I'll be starting uni in less than 2 weeks today so I'm gonna have to spend less time on here in the future. But I'll be sure to sort something out with you on the tie breaker debate.

Awesome!

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: @lvenger: Damn good a$$ debate.Really good.NIce job both of you.Cant waIt for you guys next 1.WIsh you 2 could debate trolls and fan boys and put them In theIr place!!:-) Lol